Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!

Go down 
+55
BowbowDaijin
silenceisgolden
pearlyriver
MaoChan756
dangerous_angel_face
kirakira
bellarina
sapphiresky
Mao2012
josling
cera
haruka25
Qian
ashcroft1086
tuyet
inskate
Sviatoslava
swan
klarification
dawnsherearequiet
kenkyo
Afsfan
illani
ElleluvsL
let`s talk
will_power
europeanfan
bibi
shar
WayCon
skfan
linglang
ddmm
Abdiel
babayaga
patknowsbest
qingshui
jkblues
Alokya
Eris
femariel
sadistyi
chapis
Star85
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
chiyori
kaarolcia
koala_lover
skating_fanatic
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
polosatik
shikure
59 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Empty
PostSubject: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:46 am

http://ameblo.jp/zenccino/entry-11222301188.html
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   O0480017
she looks good and relex~Mai is so pretty
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:35 am

They both look gorgeous! Though I wish Mao will wear some make-up Razz But we know who is our tomboy here Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
fefe_sky

fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:29 am

So pretty!! Wub I miss Mai Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:37 am

oh soo nice to see Mao smile, this is exactly what she needs to recharge for the next season, just relax and think of everything in peace...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:14 pm

shikure thank you for the pic!

Mai looks so beautiful, and I'm so happy to see Mao smiling, Wub and I agree with you polosatik, it would be nice if Mao wore some make-up, but then she wouldn't be our Mao. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Thank you for the picture shikure! Mao and Mai both look so beautiful. Glad to see Mao is taking some time to relax Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:34 am

show schedule so far

PIW http://www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/performer/ Mao (4/28,4/29)

Dreams on Ice 2012 http://www.onice.jp/ 2012/6/15~2012/6/17
if everything is fine, Mao should be in this one~
Ps. since Fumie didn't qualify for nats, she confirmed that she can't participate DOI this year~ so sorry for her.

Friends on Ice 2012 http://www.friendsonice.com/ but i don't think Mao will be in this one

The ice, date unknown but see the banner for this year
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   O0240010
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 am

thanks shikure! i can't wait for the ice!! hopefully taka and mao will do ice dance together again!
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:00 am

Thank you so much shikure for all the updates!
I'm glad that we will see Mao in some shows, because I miss her already! And the off season has only just begun... Sad, Lonely
shikure wrote:

Too sweet! Many Hearts
I am curious if their ice dancing skills got better during this year Very Happy Can't wait to find out!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 am

kaarolcia wrote:
I'm glad that we will see Mao in some shows, because I miss her already! And the off season has only just begun... Sad, Lonely
shikure wrote:

Too sweet! Many Hearts
I am curious if their ice dancing skills got better during this year Very Happy Can't wait to find out!

Hehehehe! Seems Lotte also ships Taka-Mao! Yep!

I hope Daisuke and Miki will take part this year. I wondered last year if it had to do with sponsors or with the fact that the show was actually a tour that was too long for their schedules. I thought they could have been part of at least one show... So I'm guessing it's a contract thing?

I think the fact that Mao is never on Friends on Ice and, likewise, Shizuka is never on The Ice comes down to contractual dispositions as well. It's sad because both shows are huge and very much appreciated by the fans, but both are missing one really big name year after year.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:36 am

chiyori wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:
shikure wrote:

Too sweet! Many Hearts

Hehehehe! Seems Lotte also ships Taka-Mao! Yep!

I hope Daisuke and Miki will take part this year. I wondered last year if it had to do with sponsors or with the fact that the show was actually a tour that was too long for their schedules. I thought they could have been part of at least one show... So I'm guessing it's a contract thing?

I think the fact that Mao is never on Friends on Ice and, likewise, Shizuka is never on The Ice comes down to contractual dispositions as well. It's sad because both shows are huge and very much appreciated by the fans, but both are missing one really big name year after year.

I think Miki is "possible or maybe" since she is under IMG too and from Aichi.
"The Ice" basically invited IMG skaters and skaters from Aichi most of time and the schedule is shorter than most of shows except DOI.
but Dai is sort of impossible, since IMG won't let other local skater over-shine their own skaters now.-->especially we see what media did to Mao and Taka.
To be honest, the way JFS promotes yuzuru may lead to the conclusion that IMG may not want him in the show either.
Taka wasn't in WTT conference and not in the special tv show either, maybe that is IMG's decision.

but not invited to "the ice" is okay for most of skaters since they will be in DOI, Fantasy on ice, and PIW.--> Dai and Yuruzu will be in FrOI too.
Dai has confirmed that he will be PIW Yokoyama for ALL shows.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 am

What did media do to Mao and Taka? Suspect
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:44 am

polosatik wrote:

more likely JFS wants to make other skaters media's favorite.

JFS basically said two things against Mao after worlds.
first all, after worlds, they said something like Mao is too stubborn and obsess about 3A, then they said she only needs to do 2A and she could win.
the other thing is when they answered about why Mao was not selected for WTT, they said they select skaters for WTT based on capability not how popular the skater is.
it's true that countries selected skaters based on world ranking and it's enough for an answer. but when they said something like "we won't pick her to sell tickets" is so stupid. they totally forgot mao rank 2 in NHK, and 1 in CoR then won the nats.

then there are some stupid rumors about why Mao can't land 3A like she gains too much weight, she is in love or she has trouble in love...

about taka, he is sort of being punished after not doing good in GPS.--> the not doing good is rank 3 in SA and rank 2 in NHK trophy--> it's still pretty nice compared to most of skaters but apparently not good enough to JFS. then when he was surrounding by media during nats...media was dying to know things about Mao after she dropped out of GPF, IMG told media waiting after nats. then we can see they barely wrote about taka during nats and after nats. then 4cc assignment, JFS changed the rules for assignment when taka really needed the credit.

now, taka is not in WTT conference and special tv program for WTT. very sad to say that but if yuruzu didn't get injury, they won't let taka in WTT...but they need to face the truth that taka is their best choice for now.

I really want to see them come back strong next season and so is nobu and akko. i remember JFS almost dump akko in the beginning of the season.
JFS ppl are cold-blood monsters since they sent Risa to Jr worlds and after that I read about Risa could not walk on her own feet when she left for competition~how can they send a skater can't walk to skate?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:41 am

Thank you shikure! But well every federation is like this, our is not any better. But after Mao's 6th place at Worlds I expected that to happen. At some point it will be even better for her. Mao is still Japan darling , media and JSF, I don't care about them. When Mao come back strong, they will twist everything again Rolling Eyes you know, it's always like this.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 am

polosatik wrote:
Thank you shikure! But well every federation is like this, our is not any better. But after Mao's 6th place at Worlds I expected that to happen. At some point it will be even better for her. Mao is still Japan darling , media and JSF, I don't care about them. When Mao come back strong, they will twist everything again Rolling Eyes you know, it's always like this.

yes, i still remember the "ksenia" situation..very bad. but this time, JSF really goes too far on the topic.
what they did remind me about Miki's 4S issue after 2006 olympic.
If they think they have the power to change her mind, they should tell her not tell the media.

I am sort of glad that she can get out of all this and enjoy her off season.
and for ppl want to see her soon, she will be in PIW from 4/28, so we can see her earlier this time.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:44 am

shikure wrote:
polosatik wrote:

more likely JFS wants to make other skaters media's favorite.

JFS basically said two things against Mao after worlds.
first all, after worlds, they said something like Mao is too stubborn and obsess about 3A, then they said she only needs to do 2A and she could win.

the other thing is when they answered about why Mao was not selected for WTT, they said they select skaters for WTT based on capability not how popular the skater is.
it's true that countries selected skaters based on world ranking and it's enough for an answer. but when they said something like "we won't pick her to sell tickets" is so stupid. they totally forgot mao rank 2 in NHK, and 1 in CoR then won the nats.

then there are some stupid rumors about why Mao can't land 3A like she gains too much weight, she is in love or she has trouble in love...

about taka, he is sort of being punished after not doing good in GPS.--> the not doing good is rank 3 in SA and rank 2 in NHK trophy--> it's still pretty nice compared to most of skaters but apparently not good enough to JFS. then when he was surrounding by media during nats...media was dying to know things about Mao after she dropped out of GPF, IMG told media waiting after nats. then we can see they barely wrote about taka during nats and after nats. then 4cc assignment, JFS changed the rules for assignment when taka really needed the credit.

now, taka is not in WTT conference and special tv program for WTT. very sad to say that but if yuruzu didn't get injury, they won't let taka in WTT...but they need to face the truth that taka is their best choice for now.

I really want to see them come back strong next season and so is nobu and akko. i remember JFS almost dump akko in the beginning of the season.
JFS ppl are cold-blood monsters since they sent Risa to Jr worlds and after that I read about Risa could not walk on her own feet when she left for competition~how can they send a skater can't walk to skate?

Well, to be honest, they are right about Mao being to stubborn about 3A , but then again whose fault is that? IMO, it's the media and also the federation. If you're always asking her about 3A and at the same time making it sound like she's not a complete skater without it, how can she have a change of mind?! Rolling Eyes

About her gaining to much weight, whoever said that needs to have his/her eyes examined. In fact, I'd love to see her gaining some weight, she looks so thin.
I believe that next season, she'll come back stronger then ever and I agree with polosatik, when this happens JSF will ADORE her again. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:30 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Well, to be honest, they are right about Mao being to stubborn about 3A , but then again whose fault is that? IMO, it's the media and also the federation. If you're always asking her about 3A and at the same time making it sound like she's not a complete skater without it, how can she have a change of mind?! Rolling Eyes

About her gaining to much weight, whoever said that needs to have his/her eyes examined. In fact, I'd love to see her gaining some weight, she looks so thin.
I believe that next season, she'll come back stronger then ever and I agree with polosatik, when this happens JSF will ADORE her again. Rolling Eyes

This. Really. Every video we see of Mao they keep highlighting the 3A. Even early in the season when Mao was only doing 2As it was a very big issue for them. They mostly see Mao as someone good only when she lands a 3A ignoring her other better qualities most of the time.

And the weight issue? Gosh! I want to see Mao gain some weight not lose some more.

I want to see Mao with a 3-3(s) next season with two new programs choreographed by new choreographers. Sort of see different sides of Mao... but not the same as what we've seen with Tat's programs. Something different yet still very much a side of Mao. I hope she goes for Camerlengo and/or Miyamoto.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm

roma wrote:

I want to see Mao with a 3-3(s) next season with two new programs choreographed by new choreographers. Sort of see different sides of Mao... but not the same as what we've seen with Tat's programs. Something different yet still very much a side of Mao. I hope she goes for Camerlengo and/or Miyamoto.

Yes! Though I wish she'd go for 3F-3T instead of the loop as her second jump. Much safer to land it cleanly. I think the majority of us would love to see Mao work with Camerlengo and Miyamoto, but I think she'll stay with Lori and TAT until Sochi. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:22 am

What I love about Mao is that she doesn't care a thing about what the JSF says. She just does her thing.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:30 am

m too mao asadasunrise i love tat part too, anyway the more they dare to say the funnier it will be when they have to shallow there own words, seeing Mao return and ready for competition!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 am

ballerinamao wrote:
m too mao asadasunrise i love tat part too, anyway the more they dare to say the funnier it will be when they have to shallow there own words, seeing Mao return and ready for competition!

Thumbs up! I couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 am

I was talking about the weight and 3A issue yesterday with another forum member. So team Mao thinks Mao needs to be at a dangerous weight to be able to do the 3A any more. A thought popped into my head: Guys do 3A's all the time. Tonya, and Midori weren't as petite as Mao, and didn't have to be at such a low weight to do the 3A. So why does Mao? She told me those other skaters could do the 3A cause they had more power behind their skating. So that made me wonder why Mao doesn't just try to put more power behind her skating when doing the 3A, more like they did, instead of dropping her weight so low. That seems like a more logical, and not to mention safer way to go about it. I wonder if Mao has tried this, and it just wasn't working or what? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:17 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

I'm with you on that! I'm just waiting until that happens!
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Star85 wrote:
I was talking about the weight and 3A issue yesterday with another forum member. So team Mao thinks Mao needs to be at a dangerous weight to be able to do the 3A any more. A thought popped into my head: Guys do 3A's all the time. Tonya, and Midori weren't as petite as Mao, and didn't have to be at such a low weight to do the 3A. So why does Mao? She told me those other skaters could do the 3A cause they had more power behind their skating. So that made me wonder why Mao doesn't just try to put more power behind her skating when doing the 3A, more like they did, instead of dropping her weight so low. That seems like a more logical, and not to mention safer way to go about it. I wonder if Mao has tried this, and it just wasn't working or what? scratch

I think is not easy for Mao to do that, I remeber when the guy of weider started with Mao, he said he was surprised because Mao to do very much excercise but her abdomen was so weak, instead, for example Joannie said that she did little excercise and immediatly get muscles, is the type of body, I guess for Mao and her tram is easier lose weight that gain muscle. I prefer she work in 3f3t too, if she do the 3f3l, it will be the same frustration like the 3a, the judges never will acredit it No .
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 am

chapis wrote:

I think is not easy for Mao to do that, I remeber when the guy of weider started with Mao, he said he was surprised because Mao to do very much excercise but her abdomen was so weak, instead, for example Joannie said that she did little excercise and immediatly get muscles, is the type of body, I guess for Mao and her tram is easier lose weight that gain muscle. I prefer she work in 3f3t too, if she do the 3f3l, it will be the same frustration like the 3a, the judges never will acredit it No .

Oh, I din't know she has trouble getting muscle, however I would think that keeping her weight this low would affect her skating (stamina and power issue). Long program is brutal as it is with all the jumps and spins, it must be even harder if you're weight is so low,but this is just my unprofessional opinion.

Yes I'm affraid of uncredited 3F-3Lo as well, especially if Amano is there. Yep, Sadly I love that Mao is doing things her way (though I wish she'd stop opsesing with 3A) and I can't imagine she'd ever take Karolina's route and water down her programs to that extent, but sometimes I wish her team would play a bit safer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next