Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of China 2015

Go down 
+12
europeanfan
Lady_in_black
sapphiresky
shar
WowMao
polosatik
ballerinamao
roma
l-spiralmao
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
COHK
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 1:29 am

WowMao wrote:
This looks like the best possibility for seeing Mao's and the other womens' freeskate that I could find. But, I don't know if I am right.:

Coverage for the short program starts at 4:00 am eastern time in the US tomorrow. Mao skates first in the second group. Thanks to cocovica

http://www.zoptv.com/live/british-eurosport-2:

Thanks to KIG who provided this link for viewing the Ladies LP It says on the site that the free program begins at 11:35 Moscow time on November 7th.

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/spbvideo_NI569448_Gran_pri_Kitaja_Zhenshhiny_Proizvolnaja_programma

Thanx for the links wowmao!
Yes, sportbox is back! cheers  they have a great coverage, however since it's geoblocked, for everyone outside Russia, you will need to install hola to unblock it. The same thing can't be said for an even better coverage at isu channel. Unfortunately, hola doesn't work there. No

And I just found out I won't be able to watch ladies LP tomorrow, because I have to accompany my mom to the vet clinic. Very Mad  Bawling seriously, why did he appoint us on saturday for an anual check up and vaccination. It's not an emergency it's a freaking check up. Frustrated  I'm so depressed right now.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:39 am

guys which livestream are you using?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:43 am

I'm watching on tv, eurosport 2 is broadcasting.

Oh So-Youn, will you ever be able to skate a clean SP? Without 3-3 and mistakes, the judges will burry her, I'm affraid. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:48 am

Only 25 in PCS. So-Youn is a better skater than 25 in PCS suggests, but until she starts being consistent she will get burried.
OMG Mao is on the ice and I'm forced to watch commercials. Ugh... Evil or Very Mad

Edit: from the little I've seen I love Mao's dress. Is it red? On my tv it looks the colour of Fuchsia. scratch
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:58 am

OMG she landed everything!!!! cheers Worship Dance Rockstar
I love, love, loveeee this program. Dance . Her performance was awesome, so flirty and sassy. Come on judges, let's go!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:02 am

Go to hell. 71.71 Evil or Very Mad 37 for tes, only 34.65 for PCS, while they gave Ashley 33.66 Evil or Very Mad here we go again, nothing's changed. Same old BS. Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:09 am

I'm so happy that Mao went for a 4 triple layout!!! So Proud of our girl!

She's out for a purpose. Sure her marks could have been higher with an easier layout, but that's not what Mao is doing this for!! Respect!

So yes, loss of close to 7 points in TES- need to see scoring sheets. Some landings did look a bit doubtful though, but still! Clean 4 triple program!

Higher PCS is needed please judges...but I guess it was Skate America/Canada- ie. PCS= giving out points like candy
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:16 am

Yes protocols will be interesting. I think she got < on loop and probably ! on lutz, if not even e. pale  I wonder if her axel got rattified.
I have a huge respect for her for doing this, but it's so heartbreaking to see her getting butchered on ur's. However there's no excuse for those PCS. It should've been at least a point higher.

Edit: I do wish she would switch to 3A, 3f-3t, 3lo. It would be easier to avoid UR's with this layout. But I know this isn't Mao. She is on a mission, and lowering her TES potential is not part of it. It just sucks to see her land such an insanely difficult layout, only to see tech panel having a field day with searching for ur's. But holly cow if she manages to go clean at worlds...over 80 for sure. I do worry for her lutz though...it'so hard to get from flutz to a lutz. And ! can lower your score significantly and "e" can even kill it.
But holly cow UR or not, she landed everything! Worship
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:34 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:37 am

So sad for Lena and Ana. Both had a bad day.
I hope everything will be ok with Goncharenko.  Sad Having your coach, with whom you're also very close, in a hospital can't be easy. Here's to a speedy recovery for Goncharenko, hope it's not anything serious.

Lena looks so grown up and Anna looks like a movie star. Her coach though is still giving me the creeps. She may very well be the nicest person on the planet, but in K&C she looks scarry.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:43 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
OMG she landed everything!!!! cheers Worship Dance Rockstar
I love, love, loveeee this program. Dance . Her performance was awesome, so flirty and sassy. Come on judges, let's go!

I was screaming of happynis when she landed everything, her jumps were soo beautiful, soo light and eary, a bit cautious but this was an outstanding start for the season, and as we know Mao will likely peak later in the season and i'm soo looking forward to it, when this performance is clean it's going to break the WR for sure, and seeing Mao today made me confident that she will do it eventually, Mao is in aazing shape, just a little attack and she will be there!
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:45 am

I also think Mao's mental toughness is improving! Not that she didn't have mental toughness before, but it's like a different fighting spirit and confidence now.
She has that attitude of I'm going to go out and land everything! She saved both landings on the 3A in the Japan Open and here, so early in the season!
I think that in itself will take her to great heights even more! She believes in herself and has nothing to lose!
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:46 am

Scoring sheets!

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpchn2015/gpchn2015_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

3A clean!

e on the Ltz Sad
continued < on 3L
and 1 level 3 spin, so room for improvement and no peak yet!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:49 am

sapphiresky wrote:
Scoring sheets!

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpchn2015/gpchn2015_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

3A clean!

yeah but eventhrough the 3A was clean and landed beautifully she almost got no goe WTF
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:53 am

ballerinamao wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:
Scoring sheets!

3A clean!

yeah but eventhrough the 3A was clean and landed beautifully she almost got no goe WTF

I actually agree with the GOE, I would give a 0 for the GOE for that. Mao has done better 3A's in practices and if those deserve +2's then this one is a 0, maybe a +1. The landing looked a bit saved and at the time, I don't think the judges could tell whether it'd be ratified by the tech caller.

Her step sequence GOE is excellent, although I would like to see even more +3's...come on judges!!

The 3Ltz...although I do want that in her crazy tough SP program, it's so risky...and the GOE Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:55 am

sapphiresky wrote:
I also think Mao's mental toughness is improving! Not that she didn't have mental toughness before, but it's like a different fighting spirit and confidence now.
She has that attitude of I'm going to go out and land everything! She saved both landings on the 3A in the Japan Open and here, so early in the season!
I think that in itself will take her to great heights even more! She believes in herself and has nothing to lose!

Not to mention that she landed all her jumps 3A 3f-3lo and 3lz, in her first attempt at the layout, she was a bit cautious today going into the 3lo-3f, but i'm sure with more attack there will be no doubt about that combo, this layout will eventually break the WR
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:58 am

ballerinamao wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:
Scoring sheets!

3A clean!

In all fairness, her landing on 3A was not the best, so no goe is kind of fair. I was affraid they were going to UR that one as well.
< on loop was to be expected, even when border line, tech pannel rarely marks it as clean and hers looked a bit short. "e" on lutz, I don't know, I would've given it "!".
Still pissed at PCS. She deserves higher. But at least the judges were strict to everyone, not just select few, so I can live with it.
Go Mao, kill it tomorrow! cheers And those PCS better be 71+! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 4:32 am

I think her score (TES score) is accurate.
3A was rotated but landed a bit forward - no GOE is ok
the combination was not that good, she's done way better in practice. 3F was borderline and 3Loop was clearly UR'ed (watch the slow motion).
3Lz - I don't know. To me it looked that the edge was flat. "e" was probably out of habit. But it was clearly UR'ed as well (and it was not called so in the end, the score she got on this jump is fair).
The judging at this competition was incredibly fair and the technical calls were more or less spot on. The judging at the previous two grand prix was over the top.
In terms of PCS, I'll admit it's not her best SP. But the step sequence was to die for.
She'll grew into her performance I am sure. I am not sure if keeping the 3lz in the SP is a smart move though when going head to head with Tukt, Medvedeva and Ashley. No harm done here (since Radio and Pogo imploded) but this layout is all about the 3A. If she hits, the deduction she'll get on the other jump elements won't hurt her by that much thanks to her huge base value and advantage the 3A gets her. But if she fails the 3A, Ur's her 3F-3L (very likable scenario, I can't remember the last time she got full credit on it, even when performed way better than here) and the 3Lz is screaming trouble (a 3Lz e is worth less than a 3T, and with the negative GOE - disaster). I don't want to see another Sochi SP!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 4:45 am

Lady_in_black, I agree with you on lutz. As I already said, I'd prefer she'd switch to flip- toe and do the loop as solo jump. She's increadibly consistent on loop. This way, if she were to mess up the axel, as you've said, she wouldn't get burried and would still remain within touching distance for the LP. She can practice lutz in LP, even if she'd get "e" on it, she can make up for it with other elements. In the SP on the other hand, everything counts. This is why so many dropped the lutz and switched it with loop. Flutz is too costly. But then this is Mao we're talking about. She almost never takes the easy road. And I love her for that, but I do wish she'd be more strategic. Escape
but she has landed a clean axel. Happy dance Not a great landing but it was clean. I'm so happy about this.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 4:46 am

It sounded like Mao was awesome, and this is the only 70+ GP score that I don't think was inflated.

Videos? Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
It sounded like Mao was awesome, and this is the only 70+ GP score that I don't think was inflated.

Videos? Cloud 9

Sapphiresky posted a youtube link a couple of posts back.
Yes she was great and should've scored at least a point higher. She was really underscored in PCS, IMO.

I would've posted a link, but I'm on my phone and have difficulties with posting links. Frustrated
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 5:05 am

l-spiralmao wrote:

Videos? Cloud 9

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC9PI2RISEU flower
With the glorious British Eurosport commentary
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 5:47 am

I keep rewatching her SP and every time I smile like a lunatic during her step sequence. Embarassed I love it. Has she ever been this good so early in the season?
I love eurosport commentators, but seriously Chris, she's 3 times world champion not 2! Razz
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 6:46 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I keep rewatching her SP and every time I smile like a lunatic during her step sequence.  Embarassed I love it. Has she ever been this good so early in the season?
I love eurosport commentators, but seriously Chris, she's 3 times world champion not 2! Razz  

exactly, i was thinking the same, but he was probably to excited lol!
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 7:08 am

I loved Mao's SP performance: smooth and lyrical with beautiful spins. Such magnetic flow and effortless swift gliding across the ice with ideal spin and beautiful air positions in her jumps. The best and tightest donut spin I have seen drawn out slowly into a variation on a Biellmann transitioning seamlessly into slow sinuous steps and charming shoulder shakes in the middle of her performance that brought screams from the audience. She also had a picturesque sit spin with her unique ability to extend her hand all the way out over her skating boot. Then, there was the smoky and syrupy flow of her tear- shaped Biellmann spin into the beginning of her scintillating step sequence with loose, fluid and rhythmic movements and that dash forward towards the crowd with head thrown back. So classy and mesmerizing! Most of all, I am glad she was so satisfied and joyous about her performance because her return should be mostly for her. Her beaming smile was priceless. She put her heart and soul in it and it was true entertainment to watch.

The Russian broadcasters on the video I am posting said in real time that they thought Mao's 3F / 3L was rotated in their eyes. On instant replay, they did say they thought the back end of her 3F / 3L might be slightly ur'd. They called her triple axel rotated on instant replay and they even thought Mao's lutz had a much better edge on the lutz than she was given by the tech crew. They complimented Mao's mature presentation and Lori Nichol's choreography. When Mao finished they said that they seriously thought she had a great chance of breaking her world record. After looking at instant replay, they said that if Mao had rotated her 3F / 3L, she would have broken the world record.

I also Mao's PCS were too low given the generous scores that were given out this year in other competitions and the deflation in scores that Mao was given even in comparison to her Nocturne LP performance. Mao's high level of skating skills, musicality, interpretation, choreography and seamless transitions deserve more and, like the Russian announcers, I also believe her tech deductions were too severe. I firmly believe that if Mao was from the United States or Russia her scores would have been considerably higher and that is all I need to know not to accept her deflated scores.

Such an inspirational performance Mao. 1080P HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSPnBevRcM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of China 2015
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next