Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of China 2015

Go down 
+12
europeanfan
Lady_in_black
sapphiresky
shar
WowMao
polosatik
ballerinamao
roma
l-spiralmao
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
COHK
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:38 am

Mao's FS
https://youtu.be/49OYhYajITk

The 3A was beautiful. I think some focus was lost after the fall on the combo. But my favorite part was her and Sato's reactions afterwards. He was laughing! I'm enjoying this new side of Mao. They said that some days her practices don't go as well and she has off days. So it's not completely unexpected. But the attitude is so different now- she's skating because she loves it and the result is not the most important any more.

Congratulations Mao on your CoC win and 10 year anniversary!!
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:44 am

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 11:55 am

I watched the whole competition and by the first warm-up of the ladies I noticed that everyone was so slow and almost out of breath in the end of their programs. I didn't notice that in SP, then right after her end pose Rika became so wet! And then Mao, I have never seen her like that. Men first warm-up was like that too, poor Misha looked like he just got out of the water T_T And then I read that the temperature at the rink was too hot, I mean warmer then it should be, so of course skaters were dying in the middle of their programs. By pairs FS that problem seemed to be fixed, so it happened only at Ladies and Men events.
So that probably was the problem with the rink temperature, since short program is shorter skaters were fine. But in the long program it was costly.
I think Mao was absolutely fine! She did gorgeous triple axel, she didn't threw her program away after her mistakes. I would be worried if she skated both programs close to clean here, like in 2013-2014 season. She was too good at GP and then it got worse by Nationals and Olympics. Congrats Mao with her first gold medal at her first competitive start this season! cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 11:59 am

Well, I watched Mao's FS... which actually wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but I don't like the vocals...

On another note, her 3a and 2a+3t were very nice. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Sp-skate-d-20151108 Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 CTN-d_GXIAAcJhn

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Proxy
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in ages!
First, I am so happy to see Mao back. Initially, I had mixed feelings about a comeback but she really proved to me in Japan Open that she might be even better than before her break.
I liked both of her programs this year, and Mao has definitely acquired a sense of calmness that I did not often see from her in competitions before.

However, I can't help but feel that she needs to change her SP layout. Realistically speaking, there is a small possibility that she could get 3f-3lo ratified by the judges and she's losing points putting a lutz there instead of another jump where she won't get deductions and plus GOE. I never quite understood why she's so adverse to trying the 3F-3T again. She is more comfortable with loop combos but she did start attempting 2A-3T a few years ago. By attempting this layout, Mao is putting herself in a disadvantage compared to others. I understand her concern to level up to compete against skaters like Liza, but this is not the layout. Mao's 3f-3lo are lovely but she has not gotten credited for that combo since 2008-2009 season, and I doubt the judges will ever give her the benefit of the doubt on that combination.
Actually, more than Mao, I am frustrated by Sato's reaction to why he allowed Mao to go for that layout. He says it's because it's her choice. It is good that Sato is a coach that respects his student's opinion but there are times that a coach needs to show the skater that there are better options. I totally understand a skater's desire to take risks, but shouldn't it be the coach's job to steer them away from unnecessary risks?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:51 pm

How cute is this? Coach Sato taking a pic of Mao after the prize ceremony and look at Mao's pose! *selfie* (^_^)
https://twitter.com/renran226/status/663063248174870528

I prefer it if Mao still tries the same layouts at NHK till she really gets comfortable with them and she gets familiar with her new Lutz in competition. We know she can do them. Her 3Lo in her 3F-3Lo combo has already been ratified at Worlds 2014 although the 3F there was deemed UR.

As what COHK mentioned it seems Mao forgot about the 30sec to starting position rule since skated first in the SP and first skater in the group is allowed up to 60sec. It was too late when she realized it. Hurrying to her starting position might have affected her focus by then. She missed at least 10 points by popping her 3F+2Lo+2Lo combo which she nails most of the time. And she'll have to look into that last spin again as she only got level3 in both events here. Other than that, I'm pretty much ok with how she performed here. Just looking at her reaction after the LP... she'd gonna be ok this season no matter how the judges score her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:24 pm

In practice reports by local fans, Mao wasn't having a good practice with FS during her first day arrival. And after that she was more devoting to SP until the final practice of FS before the final competition. I was actually worrying about the FS. She also says in the post competition interview that she wants to devote to FS more from now on until NHK. So perhaps she spent more time on SP after JO?

I'm also with roma that she should keep the current layout and try to master that. After all, she says she's still more comfortable with the -3L combination. And I'm now leaning towards the 'Lori viewpoint' in that, she shouldn't be constrained by the current scoring system/framework/skating trend (such as loading the programs with transitions Rolling Eyes ) etc.... when she's at this stage. So let her choose whatever she thinks she's capable of... I just want to enjoy the purity and flow projected from her skating (oh, also, gradually with more feeling and emotion).
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 am

does anyone have a video of the medel ceremony?
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 am

ballerinamao wrote:

Hello ballerinmao

Here is a video link to the Ladies' ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRkWP7GwGFU

Thanks for the information CONK.

I read that several people noticed that Mao's skating boots appeared to be too soft during her freeskate. I don't know exactly what that means but I did notice particularly on her triple loop that her boots seemed loose and that they seemed to give a lot when she landed. That could explain some of her jumping issues in the freeskate. If this is true, I hope it is fixed really soon.

Here is a video of Mao's charming exhibition performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MadmSZEsODQ

I love the choreography and Mao's interpreation in the routine is marvelous. The outfit is adorable, but I still wish it was lighter in weight and more aerodynamic so that it would be easier for her to jump and easier to see Mao's beautiful lines an extensions. Her SP outfit is perfect, really glamorous and makes her look so youthful. I like the LP outfit too, except for the long, loose sleeves.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 6:59 am

Here is a fabulous video of Mao skating with Javier Fernandez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDhITvFHjdI
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 7:21 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 7:50 am

WowMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Hello ballerinmao

Here is a video link to the Ladies' ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRkWP7GwGFU

Thanks for the information CONK.

I read that several people noticed that Mao's skating boots appeared to be too soft during her freeskate. I don't know exactly what that means but I did notice particularly on her triple loop that her boots seemed loose and that they seemed to give a lot when she landed. That could explain some of her jumping issues in the freeskate. If this is true, I hope it is fixed really soon.

Here is a video of Mao's charming exhibition performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MadmSZEsODQ

I love the choreography and Mao's interpreation in the routine is marvelous. The outfit is adorable, but I still wish it was lighter in weight and more aerodynamic so that it would be easier for her to jump and easier to see Mao's beautiful lines an extensions. Her SP outfit is perfect, really glamorous and makes her look so youthful. I like the LP outfit too, except for the long, loose sleeves.

Thanks wowmao Encore
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:30 am

Your welcome ballerinamao.

I wrote an email to eurosport asking them to correct the mistakes they made when they repeatedly said that Mao had won only 2 world championships. I asked them to do it publicly at the next competition Mao competes at, which is the NHK trophy. Hopefully, they will correct their mistakes.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 1:10 pm

WowMao wrote:
Your welcome ballerinamao.

I wrote an email to eurosport asking them to correct the mistakes they made when they repeatedly said that Mao had won only 2 world championships. I asked them to do it publicly at the next competition Mao competes at, which is the NHK trophy.  Hopefully, they will correct their mistakes.          

good thing, they kept repeating that mistakes in the sp, fs and ex, but what really surprised me was when they said that if Mao won coc she would have won all gps, but that already happened in 2012, so another mistake! geek
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Ctvm1k10

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Ctvm1l10

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Ctvm1k11

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Ctvm1k12
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:20 am

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Tumblr_nxhui9IKNh1uv57j0o3_r1_540

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 496137588-second-place-winner-rika-hongo-and-first-gettyimages
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:47 am

Mao's various 3A's

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Mao-asada-triple-axel_o_GIFSoupcom Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 01 Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 F13a54fed695c9fb0dfa4b2a4db35c46_872 Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 21

With a bonus of Hanyu & Shomo's adorableness overload...

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Tumblr_nh2je1XZTo1rm6ftfo1_500
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 5:32 am

And... here're my thoughts on this event, blog form. With some mentions of Mao. https://thefsrandomizer.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/highs-and-lows-cup-of-china-2015/#more-21
Back to top Go down
tinalulu

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:33 pm

I am a chinese mao fan. i went to see all three days competition and gala. and I was at hotel  waiting for mao twice. We all love her. She is more popular. So much more Chinese Mao fan want to see her (much more than 12COC) .
I just want to say Mao is soooooo nice. She has such a kind heart.She was being so nice to us, more than she even should be.
before FS competition she showed up but didn't sign any one, she was protected by bodyguards. And she said to fans "see you tomorrow"
But after FS and medel ceremony the scene at hotel lobby was too warm almost scary. they have to protect her. and Mao fan caught her saying "daijoubu" "doushiyo” which was so cute and comforting.
So the day of gala I was at hotel lobby waiting from 8:00am she was in and out of hotel form a private pass. and fans say she was already back to room at 11:30. Some fans left but I kept waiting, just hope for a little luck. And suddenly she showed up just before the GALA time. I heard some one said "Mao" I was the first one run to her for signature. And she said yes and all  Chinese and Japanese fans gathered around her. Although it was tense and crowded, everyone got her signature. and she had lunch and then out for another round of signing. I was too greedy and squeezed in for another one. So I got signature for two photo book one with Sato sensei's on the same page. I feel so happy and complete.
and then she left in a hurry because is like 15min before Gala. We left to rink too. And when we were on the overpass talking about Mao, she walked pass us so quickly with stuff and her bodyguard. We were stunned. it was so cute because a Japanese fan saw her too and hold hand with her and was separated by bodyguard and she wave hands to people.
And gala time she was out on time. We were all shocked how quick she was. She has to get there and change and put on skates. It is so interesting.
The gala was amazing she seems so defferent, more relaxed, I am so happy for her.
About Her compitetion, I feel it was good , SP was perfect the audience went crazy. FS not so good but she did won. And we saw a clean clean clean 3A in China for the first time. This put Beijing China on her 3A map.
There are so many more highlight for me. i feel my head is still.spinning . And I just want to thank Mao and share this to all you guys.
I know she will be better and better. and I am not dreaming of her come to COC again. So this is it for chinese fans. (maybe she will comeback for ice shows I hope)

Last edited by tinalulu on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Thank you tinalulu for the great story!

Was the temperature high during the LP? I heard it was very hot in the building and the ice did seem a bit soft.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 2:52 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao and Javi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idEQAwfR6xE&app=desktop

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Maojav10

Oh my God, I love this! Swoon  It's so great seeing Mao having fun out there.

WowMao wrote:
I wrote an email to eurosport asking them to correct the mistakes they made when they repeatedly said that Mao had won only 2 world championships. I asked them to do it publicly at the next competition Mao competes at, which is the NHK trophy. Hopefully, they will correct their mistakes.

Lol, I absolutely love eurosport's "british trio", but their mistakes have been driving me mental for years now. It took Nicky over a season to learn to pronounce Mao's name correctly. He called her everything but Mao. Mostly it was Maya. Hell, no!  And now Chris with "double world schampion".    Come on guys, get it together. Smile  But I adore them as commentators, even with their mistakes regarding certain facts, they are for me personally, the best commentators in the bussines. Yep!

About Mao's boots; I think you're on to something. When I saw her fall on 3loop in her combo, her ankle give way. I worried for a moment that she might hurt herself, but she looked completely fine at the gala.

@tinalulu, thank you so much for your report. Yes, everyone says Mao is super nice and down to earth. I think it was Jeff Buttle who once said that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body.

And thanx to everyone for all the reports, pics and links! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 9:15 pm

@tinalulu, thanks for your feedback! I hope you tell us more about the experience when you have time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
tinalulu

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:50 pm

@BelieveInMaoself Yes i did feel warm in my seat . I was in front row. so I guess you are right.
Thank you @zarinaballerina
@roma I will try my best : D
Her SP was perfect. Actually we already went crazy on weibo after her first day of practice and after we saw her layout as 3A 3F3L 3lz. And saw her clean this SP was like 12-13season 4CC all over again, and in front of my own eyes, supper amazing. And my first time live event was 09COC when Shen&Zhao came back. Mao's performance made me think of that day too.
about her FS. We were very excited. I have been an Lu Chen fan my whole life. Her madam butterfly really reminded me of Lu Chen's butterfly lovers. I mean her dress, some of her moves, the ending pose. Just love love love her new program. Some fans even call Mao "the second butterfly on ice".
Rika had a great FS. her music was happy and fast we all clapped along. And almost when Rika's music climaxed. Mao went out of curtain to warmup at rink side. I was so nervous about her being affected by that atmosphere. And Rika got a realily high score. Things got even worse from then on. When Mao prepared more than 25sec some Chinese fan found out and shouted to her but in chinese (they were too nerbous and forgot she can't understand). And Japanese fan found out and finally she realized and got into position it was 32sec on the big secren. And you all know what happend. Bawling
But her 3A was more than amazing. And when oudience foud out she won there was huge applaud and scream.
So she will work on her 30sec rule and her FS in NHK, I'm sure.
Lu Chen was the commentator in CCTV. I haven't watch the broadcast myself but I got feedback She said she really admire Mao cameback at 25years of age and got even better with technic and performance. They said she got her PCS by a little reputation but it was because her dedication. I will try to make a full translation if I have time.
Lu Chen and CHEN Ying (the commentator of cctv5) gave a great commentary on Mao's Sochi LP. Which touched a lot of people. I think people in this forum already knew that. If not I will do something too.
Fun fact: Mao was sooooo thin and beautiful in person. We always joke about Mao being a little bit "fat" on Weibo. I will never do that again!!! Some Mao fan went to the airport and found out WHY. It's because that almost every Japan photographer took her photo form a lower angle, they werw almost near the ground. This made her face twice bigger and with double chin!!!which she absolutely dose not have. Every Mao fan's worst photo looks better than that. We really DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY.😂
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:25 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao and Javi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idEQAwfR6xE&app=desktop

Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Maojav10

Oh my God, I love this! Swoon  It's so great seeing Mao having fun out there.

WowMao wrote:

Lol, I absolutely love eurosport's "british trio", but their mistakes have been driving me mental for years now. It took Nicky over a season to learn to pronounce Mao's name correctly. He called her everything but Mao. Mostly it was Maya. Hell, no!  And now Chris with "double world schampion".    Come on guys, get it together. Smile  But I adore them as commentators, even with their mistakes regarding certain facts, they are for me personally, the best commentators in the bussines. Yep!

About Mao's boots; I think you're on to something. When I saw her fall on 3loop in her combo, her ankle give way. I worried for a moment that she might hurt herself, but she looked completely fine at the gala.

@tinalulu, thank you so much for your report. Yes, everyone says Mao is super nice and down to earth. I think it was Jeff Buttle who once said that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body.

And thanx to everyone for all the reports, pics and links! Daisies for you

I am going to be honest. I don't care for Nicky and Chris. First, they said Mao was 2 time or double world champion 3 days in a row. Then as ballerinamao said, when Mao's freeskate began Chris said if she won here she would have won all Grand Prix events when she had already won all the Grand Prix events and the CHina Open in 2012. Two things from the past also made me not like Chris that much. I didn't like when Chris said Mao's winning the NHK trophy 2012 was a travesty of justice, which caused a lot of posters to bad mouth Mao. It just came out that way because Mao had over a 9 point lead over Akiko in the short. Nicky did say that Mao should win the China Open when she finished her freeskate. Then, Chris said Mao had a disappointing Olympics at Worlds 2014, and didn't even mention her Sochi LP performance or the deflated score. Well, if he is going to call her NHK victory a travesty of justice, then I think he should say she got too low a score at Sochi, especially since it is a much more important event. Otherwise, don't saying anything either way. But, he didn't even mention Mao's great performance.

Finally, Nicky made this comment after Mao's Madame Butterfly LP: Mao does have poise and it is beautifully skated but we have seen that from some of the other girls so the change in presentation the differential is not that great but I think when you come in and you've got such a reputation that can make a difference in the judge's minds. They have already got an extra one point on there.

To me, this seems to be an indirect way of saying Mao isn't really better than Anna, Elena or Rika in PCS scores, and that she is about to be "helped out" by reputation scoring. So, I don't want to watch these guys anymore. I think they don't show enough respect to Mao.  

Compare this to the respect and affection the CBC broadcast has for Mao's skating   This is a commentary with Kurt Browning for Mao's Madame Butterfly at Cup of China 2015

Kurt Browning said, "I'm always excited to see a triple axel in the ladies event and to see it displayed in that beautiful music in her beautiful costume with her elegant skating was seamlessly put into the program. Mao is showing us a little of everything. Moments that may be lack of concentration and then back with a beautiful jump and never losing touch with the program.  There were big mistakes, but it is evident obviously that she is the best in the field."

Woman commentator: One of the women commentators says,  "Madame Butterfly is the perfect piece of music for Mao. Absolutely stunning! Beautiful triple axel. Absolutely gorgeous. She knows how to create those magical moments with her choreography."
I think the second mark tells the tale almost 70 points way ahead of the other girls.
Kurt Browning; As it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOJXoEsoj4

NBC news: NBC commentary of Mao's LP at CHina Open

Tracy Wilson from NBC said, about Mao's performance, Her interpretation of the music is heartfelt. It absolutely captivates you. I'm so glad she is back Terry.  By the way, Tracy Wilson gave more praise to Mao's freeskate than Rika Hongo. I agree. I did like Rika's freeskate, but even with mistakes Mao's is mesmerizing and has great artistic expression and supreme skating skills.      
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNS4XbwHRQo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of China 2015
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next