Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP

Go down 
+9
silenceisgolden
l-spiralmao
zarinaballerina
josling
WowMao
COHK
Iceriver
BelieveInMaoself
shar
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BelieveInMaoself

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 12:51 pm

She does not need to feel the least bit ashamed of her performance in such a condition.

That was a hell of a triple axel for someone so gravely ill, and I doubt there is any lady in history who could do the same under those circumstances.
And she managed to do her first clean edge lutz.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 1:36 pm

BelieveInMaoself wrote:
She does not need to feel the least bit ashamed of her performance in such a condition.

That was a hell of a triple axel for someone so gravely ill, and I doubt there is any lady in history who could do the same under those circumstances.
And she managed to do her first clean edge lutz.

yes her first with the new technique, overall i think it's just a matter of time before she recovers her health, once she is healthy she will be fine, her practice sessions were stellar both in NHk and in the GPF, and that's when she was sick, now once she is healthy her stamina and consistency will be back

I just wish that her federation and coach would let her leave a competition if she isn't healthy, there is no point in competiting if you can't showcase what you are truly capably of delivering, and the whole world knows how much more Mao has in store...

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I wish she would leave coach Sato
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 3:08 pm

I've been extremely busy with the GPF these last 3 days. Well, I mean busy attending the events...wish I always was busy like this!! LOL. It's time to return to reality now. Once I have time I'll write my thoughts on Mao's performance, compare her to others and probably write a post about how Mao looks like live. I'm sure those of you who have never seen her live have been asking questions like "how does she look like on the ice?", "Is she fast?", "Why does she seem to be lowballed in PCs sometimes?". I'll try to explain my experience well enough to answer these questions.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 8:34 am

This is what Yuzu did to Shoma when a photographer said "Smile!"

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Cwego_10
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Iceriver wrote:
I've been extremely busy with the GPF these last 3 days. Well, I mean busy attending the events...wish I always was busy like this!! LOL. It's time to return to reality now. Once I have time I'll write my thoughts on Mao's performance, compare her to others and probably write a post about how Mao looks like live. I'm sure those of you who have never seen her live have been asking questions like "how does she look like on the ice?", "Is she fast?", "Why does she seem to be lowballed in PCs sometimes?". I'll try to explain my experience well enough to answer these questions.

Can't wait Iceriver.
Back to top Go down
clarice

clarice

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 3:58 am

WowMao wrote:
Here is a comment by a poster who has a history of being fairly critical of Mao who believes the judging system is ridiculous because of the unjust double standard given to Mao's jumps, regarding Mao's 3 Flip and 3 Loop.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCR-dg9nRs

B Brooks 13 hours ago (edited)
+girolle01 I'm so shocked that her (Satoko's) opening 3Lz+3T combination wasn't marked as under rotated because it was clearly VERY short of rotation on both jumps and she only received a -1 in GOE from one judge. Meanwhile Mao got -2's and even one -3 in  GOE for her 3+3 combination that the technical caller marked BOTH jumps as under rotated. So why was Mao penalized so harshly yet Satoko got a free pass? This judging system is absolutely ridiculous...

Here is another post by Sam-Skwantch who likes Mao overall but has been critical of her before.  
I'm not so sure I consider (Satoko's) fully rotated 3-3. The 3z is borderline at best and the 3t is an entire 180 degrees rotated on the ground. To me it's clear she under rotated and only Mao got called out for it.  
https://youtu.be/DBY837tqaoA

If Mao had done her SP yesterday or at Cup of China during 6.0, she could have done the flutz and gotten full credit for the 3 A and 3Flip and Loop and been way ahead of everyone else, especially since the 3A counted for a lot more then. Corruption in 2002 is the reason for the new faceless COP system that perpetrates even more corruption.

Therefore, the scores really have no meaning because they constantly change based on who the ISU wants to win, in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more, it's almost like they don't like Mao.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 9:07 am

Inside Skating uploaded the previous and next photos of that one.
“Mission accomplished”  Laugh

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Medali10

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Medali11

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Medali12

http://www.insideskating.net/2015/12/21/features/yes-he-can-his-majesty-yuzuru-hanyu
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:59 am

Edges, lines, emotions: my week at 2015 Grand Prix Final
InsideSkating.net

by Florentina Tone

Swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth? I do – and here’s my confession to you:
no greater joy at this year’s edition of the Grand Prix Final than to see Mao Asada skate.
I’ve been a fan of this wonderful lady for years on end – and, coming to Barcelona,
I already knew this would be my highlight. And it was, it truly was, despite Mao finishing
the ladies event on the 6th place. But her programs this season, her maturity and arms
in the air, her skating skills, her butterflies,my butterflies – there’s truly no comparison to that.

And I do envy the Italian journalist who took a picture with Mao at the end of the press conference
after the short program – and then boldly kissed her on her cheeks, sharing the excitement with
everyone in the room: “Bellissima, bravissima Mao! Questa foto e per la mia mamma!”.
(Bold by me)

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Mao-as10

The pure emotion in the arena when Mao Asada lands a perfect triple Axel during practice –
as if everyone inthe audience rises and descends with her; as if everyone has, for a couple of seconds, Mao’s beautiful wings.

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Mao-as11

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Mao-as12

http://www.insideskating.net/2015/12/30/features/edges-lines-emotions-my-week-at-2015-grand-prix-final
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 8:19 am

Mao with Rafael Arutunian.  Many Hearts

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Cz96hg10
https://twitter.com/yhgw1
Back to top Go down
BelieveInMaoself

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 12:40 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Cz96hg10

It's wonderful to see they are still on good terms.
In some ways, I think he was much better at understanding her psyche and emotionally supporting her than the current coach. The eastern bloc coaches were trained in sports psychology, plus he seemed to have a personal investment in her performances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP   GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPF 2015: Celebrating 10 yrs of Mao's skating career in GP
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3