Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 Skate America

Go down 
+2
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

2016 Skate America - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   2016 Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 9:05 pm

linglang wrote:

Mao-chan, please do not push yourself too much. Smile

I share the same feeling with you, linglang.
But Mao said she would try 3A at TEB ...  pale

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161024-00000075-sph-spo
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   2016 Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Thanks to yhma fan for this information and partial translation.
According to the article,

Mao said that (considering the injury of her left knee) at this point, she still isn’t confident if it’s the proper timing to challenge difficult jumps,
but she is willing to do a 3A and 3-3 at the next GP (France).

Oh Mao, recovery the first. do not be so hard on yourself [​IMG]

In putting another part of the article into translation, it seems there is some doubt about the strategy of upping the tech content, though the meaning is quite garbled and I can't be sure.

translation: There is also a possibility that the pain of the knee wiil go away then it is possible to challenge these jumps, but Mao did not know really whether this was bad or good. Half and half."

I hope that those watching will realize the condition Mao is in and consider it during her performances. I wonder if she is thinking that if she doesn't try to put these jumps in she won't have practice and preparation for Nationals, but if does it is also risky given her left knee pain. As Coach Sato also said he was concerned that if she took time off she may not ever come back and it seemed that Coach Sato didn't want to prevent Mao from skating if she was intent on doing it. I hope I am reading the situation correctly and I dearly hope that Mao's plan is successful.

I am still curious as to why Mao was perspiring so heavily and how much of a role this played in her jumping mistakes since she is likely to never say. Perhaps it made it more difficult for her to concentrate since she seemed to be sick.

Here is another comment and translation of part of the article by cohkaix. Thanks to cohkaix.
According to the article,
According to another article (towards the end)

Mao was quoted that:'Usually with a 6th place finish (you) don't get invited (to Ex/gala), (but since invited, I'd) want to present good skating to show my appreciation.'

She's such a humble person... and her integrity and dedication to the sport don't really deserve the low-balled scoring and those fake criticisms from random FS fans.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   2016 Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Mao's incredibly beautiful exhibition. She took out the triple loop presumably to take the stress of her left knee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbhxrlLBNCQ

Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   2016 Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 11:14 pm

I am so so late! I did watch the FS live, but I haven't had the time to go back to the forum and provide my input.

I do agree that aside from the jumps, everything was so far ahead. As in, she is simply ethereal on the ice. Also, the fact that she was invited to the gala despite her placing speaks volumes. I do want her to rest, but honestly, I want to know a bit more about her knee injury. "Knee injury" is just an umbrella term because there are different causes of a knee pain, so I want to know the severity as well as the underlying medical cause (ligament, patella, etc.), her current treatments for the injury, etc. Unfortunately, I doubt she'll disclose too many details, but I wish she would so we can worry less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   2016 Skate America - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2016 Skate America
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2