Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Okami's Arts ;)

Go down 
+11
bleedingblades3
inskate
chiyori
clovera
helen91
Yumei
summervie
kawaiimao
bibi
Teresa Dawn
Okami
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:57 pm

And so, I decided to share some of my drawings. Smile

They aren't very polished yet; until recently I used to draw only fanarts, thus copying rather other people's styles than working on my own.
When I started drawing real life characters there was nothing I could copy, and so I am forced to find my own style. I'm still working on it. Sweatdrop

I use both CG (Gimp, OpenCanvas) and natural media (pencils, ink, watercolors). A lot of those were created as a means of relax inbetween my exams, so they aren't very polished. Sweatdrop

Starting from my older works...

Mao at Jr. GPF 2004 [Open Canvas]

Okami's Arts ;) Mao2005lpbutiquefantasthz4.th

Mao at Cup of China 2005 [Open Canvas]

Okami's Arts ;) Maogpfnutcrackercrossbikq6.th

Mao at Japan Open 2007 [Open Canvas]

Okami's Arts ;) Maojo2007intropose2sq6.th

Nobu at Japanese New Year Challenge 2007 [Open Canvas]

Okami's Arts ;) Noburooster01ym6.th

Mao at CSOI 2007 [Ink] [<- I'm finishing this one now]

Okami's Arts ;) Arabesqueink01az7.th

Nobu in FMTTM outfit, manga style [Watrcolors & GIMP]

Okami's Arts ;) Fmttmsketchzakwarela01tf1.th

Nobu at Japan Open 2007 + spiral from Kandai Gala [Ink] [<-- also working on this one]

Okami's Arts ;) Kanjo01paintddtc2.th

More to come later. Fried
Back to top Go down
Teresa Dawn

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:20 pm

Wow these are great! I can't draw at all. How long does it take you do make one?
Back to top Go down
http://naivaze.com
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:07 pm

WOW Shocked You're so talented!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:00 pm

Beautiful!!! Worship
I wish I could draw...how do you do it, tell me! scratch
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:55 am

Smile

Great!
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Thank you all for the comments! Love Hearts

kawaiimao wrote:

I wish I could draw...how do you do it, tell me! scratch

Just lot of practice... It took me about 15 years to learn to draw decently. Unconscious Now I just take a pencil (or a tablet) and draw. Sweatdrop

Teresa Dawn wrote:
How long does it take you do make one?

It depends on the technique, how complicated the drawing is, my level of familiarity with the subject and drawing techique/style and pure luck. Sometimes I manage to draw something very quickly and I like the results, sometimes I suffer from "artist block" and I just can't come up with anything remotely satisfying, no matter how hard I try.

For example, the pictures I posted here took me:

Mao at Jr. GPF 2004 - about 3 hours, fun to draw

Mao at Cup of China 2005 - less than 1 hour

Mao at Japan Open 2007 - struggled most horribly. A few hours and I'm not really satisfied with the result - I wanted this to be a full-color picture.

Nobu at Japanese New Year Challenge 2007 - very quick sketch, had a lot of fun drawing it.

Mao at CSOI 2007 - struggled a bit with the sketch. About 4 hours, but in the time span of more than 1 month.

Nobu in FMTTM outfit, manga style - on and off 1 day. My first time using watercolors since 2002, very messy process. Sweatdrop

Nobu at Japan Open 2007 + spiral from Kandai Gala - on and off 3 days. First time drawing vaguely realistic portrait using classic media (recently I mostly used OpenCanvas + tablet), so I had to get used to the different perspective. Smile

I'll post more pictures as soon as I transfer them from my PC. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:53 am

Okami! I love your art works Love Hearts Very beautiful Very Happy
My favorite is Mao at Jr. GPF 2004 one Love Hearts, cuz I love that costume handdowned from Midori and you draw so beautifully that complicated looking design of the costume flower I am very looking forward to see your other works :bounce:
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:30 pm

can't wait to see the finished products! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:15 am

Wow, it's been a long time. I felt rather down, and when I'm down I can't bring myself to draw anything... Whirly

But I finished a few new skateches and I'll do my best to finish them in the next few days. Who, me? Here is something I sketched during an uninspiring lecture:

Okami's Arts ;) Maoclaire03

Sorry for the poor scan quality... I sketched in my ooold notebook, whose pages are made of rough, poor quality paper (but, funnily enough, it feels really pleasant to touch and draw on it. Who, me?). I'll need to trace it in OpenCanvas... But I hope it will look OK when finished. I would love to make a Mao banner with one of my drawings in time for GPF. flower
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:17 am

It is really beautiful Okami!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:37 am

That is beautiful! Thumbs up!
I have zero ability in drawing (part of the reason why I'm a film major haha), so I love seeing the works of my art major friends and other people in general. I think that would be a very good idea for a Mao banner, since she really is a fairy on ice! Boogie
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:57 am

Gorgeous Swoon

I love it I love it I love it!! And the banner is a wonderful idea, too. Perfect Woot!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:34 pm

Lovely! Mao looks beautiful Love Hearts Great job with the costume, too! Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
bleedingblades3

bleedingblades3

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:05 am

Your art is perfect! I love the most recent one. The proportions are perfect, and you captured her eyes and angelic emotions perfectly. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks for the comments! flower

I have a lot new pictures that are taking a bit too long to finish... Who, me? It looks like every time I hope that I'll have some free time for myself the professors give us poor students a truck load of work. Unconscious Well, my own fault for deciding to major in English Literature (the most exhausting field at my Uni, next to Law Laughing) and computer graphics (as a weekend student) at the same time. geek

Here's something new, though! Wink

Okami's Arts ;) ChibiMasquerade01
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:08 pm

haha,it's really good. In the last one Mao looks like a Hollywood star Laughing Great job Okami!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Good =D
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 am

polosatik wrote:
haha,it's really good. In the last one Mao looks like a Hollywood star Laughing

Laugh Thanks for the comments! flower
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:32 am

I just noticed I have tons of fanart laying around, but none of it it's finished... At least I know what to do once my exams are over. Who, me?

Most recently I got inspired by a contest at Sasha forum and wanted to draw a dress design, but I got stuck at the stage of adding colors. Sweatdrop Any ideas? Too sweet!
Okami's Arts ;) Maopolovtsian01
I was inspired by this performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8C8frqCKKg
And this image:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/05/23/arts/gala.650.jpg
Music is "Polovtsian Dances".
I wanted a mix or subtle peach orange, subdued pink and gold like in the picture... I don;t know where did the blue come from. Laugh I'll change it, I think... Or maybe not.

The final version will have the view from the back as well. It's already sketched, but I didn't quite get around to scanning it. Sweatdrop

Overall, I think it fails a bit as a costume design - I got too stuck on drawing the details of the face, hair, etc. Still, it was fun to sketch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:29 pm

WOW! Amazing job!

I'm totally color blind, so no color suggestions from me. Laugh But that shade of blue looks gorgeous! Yep!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Great job Okami! I see this dress in different blues, may be a little add of gold and something like that))) Why I want Mao to skate to this music? Hell, no! I'm crazy! Just love it!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 pm

OKAMI!!! You are the BEST! I really love every single one of your drawings ^--^
I really look up to you ;__;
You are just truly a wonderful wonderful artist. I want to be able to draw like that someday! I know Mao (and Nobu) would be so happy to see these. You really have a gift.

((I especially love the Mao Masquerade Chibi))!

Please continue to share your work!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Another gorgeous dress, Okami.

I share Asya's sentiment - I think a shade of yellow or gold might be one to consider. Its one of the rarer colors when it comes to figure skating outfits, which is a pity because I think it actually works for a lot of skaters...Mao included. Razz
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Mao's favorite colors are pink and gold! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Okami, that dress and drawing are beautiful Very Happy I would do it in any kind of blue <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Okami's Arts ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami's Arts ;)   Okami's Arts ;) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okami's Arts ;)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next