Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Super Challenge 2009

Go down 
+7
summervie
inskate
clovera
Okami
Batsuchan
Oscilla
Nanae
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nanae

Japan Super Challenge 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 am

Official Site:
http://tokai-tv.com/figure09/index.html

Skater:
Mao Asada
Miki Ando
Yukari Nakano
Akiko Suzuki
Takahiko Kozuka
Yasuharu Nanri
Nobunari Oda
Takahito Mura
Yuzuru Hanyu (Junior Men)
Haruka Imai (Junior Ladies)
Sei Kawahara (Novice Men)
Mio Satou (Novice Ladies)

Guest Skater:
Shizuka Arakawa
Evgeni Plushenko
Fiona Zaldua & Dmitry Sukhanov
Violetta Afanasieva & Pete Dack
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Does anyone know what will be the competition's format this year? Team or Individual..? And what type of judging will be used? sunny
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Oscilla wrote:
Does anyone know what will be the competition's format this year? Team or Individual..? And what type of judging will be used? sunny

It will be a team competition - two teams of 6, and they'll pick the teams based on the results at Japan Nationals. Which I think means it will be like Team A has #1 man and #2 lady, and Team B has #1 lady and #2 man, etc.

For the seniors, I'm guessing that the teams will be:
Mao
Kozu
Akiko
Nanri

Nobu
Miki
Mura
Yukari

After every four skaters perform (two from each team), the teams will be judged based on "how much they excite the crowd," and the judges will assign points based on this. The audience members will also get to vote.

I'm guessing Mao gets to be team leader again? And Nobu will be the leader on the other side?

Woo-hoo, I'm getting excited to see this! The JSC is always fun! Happy dance
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:49 am

http://tokai-tv.com/figure09/player.html

Team Red:
Mao Asada
Takahiko Kozuka
Takahito Mura
Yukari Nakano
Yuzuru Hanyu (Junior Men)
Mio Satou (Novice Ladies)

Team Blue:
Nobunari Oda
Miki Ando
Akiko Suzuki
Yasuharu Nanri
Haruka Imai (Junior Ladies)
Sei Kawahara (Novice Men)
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:53 am

The team names are somewhat uninspired this year. Laugh I preffered Team Artist and Team Dream! Laugh

But the teams are great! Too bad there's no Fumie and Kanako, they are great entertainers.

I hope Kazu and Mura won't overwhelm themselves with technical difficulty like at Medalists on Ice... Good luck, boys! Smile

I wonder what Mao will skate to... Maybe "Sing, sing, sing" this time..? queen I miss it! Love Hearts

Many Nobu fans are wishing he would skate to "New Cinema Paradise"... Personally I think there would be no better program for this type of a competition than "Around the World", but I'll eat my pants if he skates to it... Sad I put my money on "Tosca", unless the fans are persistent enough . Laugh Just please, no hair gel! Worship

Finally, I hope Mio and Sei won't be chacked. I've never seen them yet, and I always keep an eye open for the promising new skaters... Happy dance
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:40 am

Official site lists Mao as skating to Por Una Cabeza again. I love you Hmm...I wonder if we'll ever see Singx3 again. Nobu has "Fly me to the moon" down as his program music, which is great! Thumbs up!

Looks like Kozu is sticking to "Save the last dance." Hope he won't overload himself again. Yep! I'm quite surprised to not see Fumie on the list. Shocked

Fuji TV will broadcast the event (taped) on the 10th, from 14:30 ~ 16:00, so hopefully KeyHole TV will make things go smoothly, as I'm back in the States now. Laugh

But hmm...the time alotted to the broadcast seems to indicate that the novice skaters, and maybe even the juniors will indeed be skipped over, if you consider the likelihood that Shizuka and Plushy's EX will make it on air as well... Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:48 pm

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090109-00000013-nks_fl-spo
Quote :

The exhibition Japan Super Challenge took place in the Nagoya city on January 9th. 12 competitiors, 6 men and 6 ladies, were divided into 2 teams which competed against each other. The total score was awarded by the special judge - theaudience and the judges team, including Midori Ito.
Mao Asada, the leader of the Red Team, danced a wonderful tango, but lost 748-752 (4 points of difference). Mao said: "I'm frustrated to have lost. But I'm happy that everyone skated their best!"
"Before the competition I thought it would be impossible to win againstagainst athlete Asada! I'm happy to have won.", said with a smile Nobunari Oda, the captain of the second team, Team Blue.

Team Mao was defeated. Sad But Mao skated wonderful, as always! flower

I've seen a (short Bawling) news clip on a Japanese forum. Mao looked gorgeous Love Hearts, but I wonder if it would be better to have used "Sing..." after all. The rink looked a bit small, and the boards were high, so that when Mao did her famous step sequence, it was barely visible. In the news clips it was filmed from behind, but those people who sat in the front of Mao probably only saw her head and shoulders... silent
But still, it looked like a fantastic performance (as usual), and the audience loved it. queen

Nobunari looked great!!! Swoon He had a really cute hairsyle. He skated in the "FMTTM" SP costume to "FMTTM" EX music (with vocals), and the choreo seemed a bit different than it was when he skated it two years ago. He skated with more fire than I've seen from him in a long, long time. cheers

Miki skated to Bolero and she did a great triple out of a back charlotte. Cheering

Shizuka skated to "Ave Maria" as a guest. She had a new white dress and looked just GORGEOUS. Swoon

No one else was shown in the news clip... Sad

Last edited by Okami on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm

A news clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFjEigAK3Xo

Mao looks so pretty! I just love Tango! Swoon

Congrats to Team Blue! cheers

I can't wait to see the full show!
Boogie
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:06 pm

I just got home! Is anyone else around and watching this now?

Satou Miu is wearing Mao's 'Habanera' costume - awww, how cute!! Swoon

ETA Aww - Mao doubled the loop. It's too bad that Team Red lost (Mao+Kozu! Love Hearts), and Mao said she was disappointed, but that's ok, I'm sure they'll get over it soon.

Watching the blue team celebrate is pretty cute. Hell, no!
Nobu says "Before I skated, I didn't think we could beat Mao, err, Team Red." Laugh
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:12 am

Here's another clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hryQqIxmE1w

[Nooo, not Ishikawa Ryo + Mao! hehehehe. Sweatdrop]

Is it just me, or has Mao's flip technique changed a little? I noticed this yesterday in the Nagoya festival vid - it seems like she's delaying the rotation until she's in the air or something...or maybe I'm just seeing things...Suspect

At the end, Mao is like "I was the captain, but I didn't really lead the team....in the end we lost, but the team competition was really fun and became a good memory."

Mao is looking so pretty! Wub
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:04 am

Aww, I overslept and missed the show! Sad

Hopefully somebody will share the videos on Youtube! Worship

Miu looked cute in Mao's costume! Boogie

But Mao's expression when the scores were announced was the most cute! Sweatdrop That's a cutest expression win for me! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:23 am

Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 am

Batsuchan wrote:

Watching the blue team celebrate is pretty cute. Hell, no!
Nobu says "Before I skated, I didn't think we could beat Mao, err, Team Red." Laugh
Laugh
Thanks for the reports and links, everybody! -P
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Found these two on YT. I really wanted to see Akiko as well, but I couldn't find any others. Her EX is just Swoon

Mao Asada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dApKD4EbDc

Takahiko Kozuka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwMVoJhdN0w
Back to top Go down
jeanettetan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am

Thank you for the links, chiyori and jeanettetan!

I loved Mao's performance. Too bad no "Sing, sing, sing" this time, I really hope we'll see it again. But Mao's Tango was fantastc. This program is really great for her and brings out her power and charm. Love

Miki was great! I read that her scores were rather low (and she thought that she'll make her team lose, but Nobunari replied "We'll win!"), and if that was the case, I think she was a bit robbed. Laugh Then again, maybe she got deducted for the screechy vocals... I appreciate the talent of the singer, but Bolero sounds just so much better without the unnecessary wailing.

Akiko was born to tango, her program was great. Smile I think she might have scared the judges half to death when she suddenly struck a pose in front of them... Laugh

I really liked Yukari's program; too bad she fell in the middle of the step sequence. Sad I wonder if she's injured..? She didn't attempt any upper tier triples as well...

I really wanted to watch Nobunari's program, but when I followed the link I got just the video with no sound and the message that the sound got turned off because of a copyright claim...

...Oh, come on! If it was a great quality video where the music can be clearly heard, I could understand the rationale of the cpyright claimers. But it's just the background music of mediocre quality with a lot of noise over it (the crowd reacions, the commentators). It's not like somebody's going to download it and put on their iPod. Frustrated If anything, it might encourage somebody to buy the music.

I'm really afraid that YT will start to turn the sound off in those few videos that survived the wrath of IN and other broadcast stations. Sad
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:39 am

Nobu's performance with audio: Rockstar
http://okami.follownet.pl/fs/upload/nobujsc09.flv <-- you need to download the file to watch it! Arrow
(poor quality, though Sad )

I have to write an essay for one of my classes, so I'll post my comments about the performances a bit later! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 am

Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:38 am

Nanae wrote:
JSC backstage: lol!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJcxheh8pM

I loved Nobu's finishing pose lol! And wow, Miki's quad!!! Of course, Mao was fabulous, as always!! So nice to see them having fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:10 pm

did someone notice at 9:02 ?? there is some pixel arts about Mao!

and can anyone translate some funny parts with the skaters backstage?? ThankS!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Wow! Thank you, Nanae! This was such an amazing video. Yep!

A summary of sorts (I'm falling asleep as I write Laugh):

0:55: "Team China! You're Team China!" - Nobu invented a new name for Team Red, probably because their jackets are red-gold, just like the Chinese Olympic Team. Team Blue = Team Japan (white collars and red lines). Laugh

1:20: As the competition took place in Nagoya, a lot of local people came to cheer for the Nagoya skaters - Mao and Miki. I love you

1:44: Laugh What is Nobu doing to Kozu?! ROTFLMAO

1:53: The commentator says that Team Red with Mao and Yukari is the calm one, while Team Blue is very hyper. Laugh

2:03: Mao enjoyed the team competiton very much. Although in the end each skater skated alone, they could depend on each other. Smile She wanted to present something new, a powerful tango.

2:27: Miki wanted to have fun together with the audience. She also wated to skate a Team Blue-like program for Team Blue's sake. Smile

2:59: And that was a cool quad! WOW!

3:06: Captain Oda is instructing his soldiers team to have fun and enjoy the skating. Yep! Miki: "Our theme is "Enjoy!"" Happy dance

3:19: "Team Blue will do their best!!!" <insert warrior scream here Laugh >

3:31: And suddenly there was darkness... But this was not a power failure - it seems like Mao's trainer Makino turned the lights off by accident. Laugh

*summary of skater's performances*

5:38: "Ooh, he could have reached the moon with that axel!" Laugh

5:48: OMG, Takeshi's expression...! ROTFLMAO I wonder what he said to Nobu? Laugh

6:00: As it was getting close to Mao's turn her smile was replaced by the expression of a Worlds's Queen and she retreated into her own world to fully concentrate.

Oh, this is great. Every time I think this program can't get any better (The Ice, GPF EX...) it get's even better. Swoon And what a huge 2A!

8:31: I was really... nervous! But I think I appealed to the audience and the judges with my skating. Smile

Announcement of Team Blue's victory... The little girst congratulate Miki on the victory! Woot!

8:51: "Three, two, one... Team Blue RULEZ, yeah!!!" Rockstar

Mao wants to skate her best at 4CC and Worlds, which are getting closer. And the whole team aims for the Olympics in Vancouver. :thimbsup:

The commentators liked the team competition and are happy that Miki seems to have recovered from her injury at Nationals. Very Happy

...And now it's time for me to sleep. Unconscious
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Okami wrote:
Wow! Thank you, Nanae! This was such an amazing video. Yep!

A summary of sorts (I'm falling asleep as I write Laugh):

0:55: "Team China! You're Team China!" - Nobu invented a new name for Team Red, probably because their jackets are red-gold, just like the Chinese Olympic Team. Team Blue = Team Japan (white collars and red lines). Laugh

1:20: As the competition took place in Nagoya, a lot of local people came to cheer for the Nagoya skaters - Mao and Miki. I love you

1:44: Laugh What is Nobu doing to Kozu?! ROTFLMAO

1:53: The commentator says that Team Red with Mao and Yukari is the calm one, while Team Blue is very hyper. Laugh

2:03: Mao enjoyed the team competiton very much. Although in the end each skater skated alone, they could depend on each other. Smile She wanted to present something new, a powerful tango.

2:27: Miki wanted to have fun together with the audience. She also wated to skate a Team Blue-like program for Team Blue's sake. Smile

2:59: And that was a cool quad! WOW!

3:06: Captain Oda is instructing his soldiers team to have fun and enjoy the skating. Yep! Miki: "Our theme is "Enjoy!"" Happy dance

3:19: "Team Blue will do their best!!!" >

3:31: And suddenly there was darkness... But this was not a power failure - it seems like Mao's trainer Makino turned the lights off by accident. Laugh

*summary of skater's performances*

5:38: "Ooh, he could have reached the moon with that axel!" Laugh

5:48: OMG, Takeshi's expression...! ROTFLMAO I wonder what he said to Nobu? Laugh

6:00: As it was getting close to Mao's turn her smile was replaced by the expression of a Worlds's Queen and she retreated into her own world to fully concentrate.

Oh, this is great. Every time I think this program can't get any better (The Ice, GPF EX...) it get's even better. Swoon And what a huge 2A!

8:31: I was really... nervous! But I think I appealed to the audience and the judges with my skating. Smile

Announcement of Team Blue's victory... The little girst congratulate Miki on the victory! Woot!

8:51: "Three, two, one... Team Blue RULEZ, yeah!!!" Rockstar

Mao wants to skate her best at 4CC and Worlds, which are getting closer. And the whole team aims for the Olympics in Vancouver. :thimbsup:

The commentators liked the team competition and are happy that Miki seems to have recovered from her injury at Nationals. Very Happy

...And now it's time for me to sleep. Unconscious

Ohh! Thank you so much! I always enjoy those kind of competitions!! it's sooo funny Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks for the links, photos and translations! Thumbs up!

It was a very cute competition, the skaters seemed to have a lot of fun. Cheering Mao was gorgeous as always! it's too bad that her team didn't win, but I think that it was an occassion for her to learn something new. Love

Congrats to Team Blue! Confetti Nobu was a great and funny team leader. I loved the backstage clip! Happy dance
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:52 pm

this is a cute compilation of clips in the kiss n cry and backstage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-he6dO2LqAY
Any translation of the funny parts? Thanks =D!
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:57 pm

I'll try to trnslate it tomorrow or on Friday! I'm sorry for such a delay, I'm really busy with my classes recently. pale

I wonder if any native speaker could help me with this part, though:
5:34-5:44
It's too fast for me! Embarassed I'm not sure if I hear the vowels right. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Super Challenge 2009   Japan Super Challenge 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Super Challenge 2009
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next