Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you have to do with skating?

Go down 
+6
lovergfs4ever
bibi
MaoMaoRevolution
Mirai
Admin
Muskoka Skater
10 posters

Skater
What do you have to do with skating? Vote_lcap35%What do you have to do with skating? Vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
Fan
What do you have to do with skating? Vote_lcap50%What do you have to do with skating? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 13 ]
Coach
What do you have to do with skating? Vote_lcap4%What do you have to do with skating? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Parent of a skater
What do you have to do with skating? Vote_lcap0%What do you have to do with skating? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Used to skate
What do you have to do with skating? Vote_lcap8%What do you have to do with skating? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Do skating as a hobbie
What do you have to do with skating? Vote_lcap0%What do you have to do with skating? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
What do you have to do with skating? Vote_lcap3%What do you have to do with skating? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Muskoka Skater

Muskoka Skater

What do you have to do with skating? Empty
PostSubject: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:35 pm

I thought maybe this would be the right place to talk about this. I know everybody are fans of Mao Asada on this site but what do have to do with skating? In the poll above pick which one you are and if your an other please post what you are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.muskokaskater.piczo.com
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:04 pm

I voted "other", because there's no option to vote for a few options at once. Sweatdrop

I am a skating fan, I used to skate as a kid, and I plan to resume skating as an adult skater after I move somewhere where there's a rink nearby and get a job. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:14 am

I had to choose between Fan and Do skating as a hobbie but I picked Fan in the end as I rarely skate these days due to lack of time. (:
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:25 am

I just started skating, so I feel like more of a fan, but still skating is very fun!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:36 am

I choose Skater, but I'm as much a skater as I am a fan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:29 pm

bibi wrote:

How long have you been skating, bibi? Woot!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
bibi wrote:

Well, i've start at 6 years old and now I'm 17.. so that means 11 years Razz
and you?
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:07 pm

bibi wrote:
MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
bibi wrote:

and you?

Ahh~!!! You must be really good now!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
I started skating at 6 too from my birthday party at that age, but for years and years I just did it for fun. I really just started taking it seriously at the start of this year after I was inspired by Mao, I think.
Love Hearts That is really inspiring that you have stuck with skating for 11 years~but I guess it is an easy sport to love Very Happy
I bet you've gotten a lot of difficult moves down pat Worship
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:31 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
bibi wrote:
MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
bibi wrote:

and you?

Ahh~!!! You must be really good now!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
I started skating at 6 too from my birthday party at that age, but for years and years I just did it for fun. I really just started taking it seriously at the start of this year after I was inspired by Mao, I think.
Love Hearts That is really inspiring that you have stuck with skating for 11 years~but I guess it is an easy sport to love Very Happy
I bet you've gotten a lot of difficult moves down pat Worship

Well, now, I can do all my double jumps and double-double combination jumps, and I'm currently working on my double axel (which I've not fully rotated yet... Razz )
What about you?
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:57 pm

bibi wrote:

Well, now, I can do all my double jumps and double-double combination jumps, and I'm currently working on my double axel (which I've not fully rotated yet... Razz )
What about you?

Wow! Shocked I am not nearly that advanced!!! >w<
All I can do now is a little tiny bunny hop xD No real jumps yet...but hopefully my teacher will let me move up quickly because I get most of the basics (really basic things like swizzle, fowrward and backward crossover) because I did skating just for fun. But now I really want to learn real moves in the field.
I have to keep working hard with ice skating!! Sweatdrop
I really feel humbled to people like you who are doing so well Worship

I got started learning pretty late it seems...but I think as long as I am having fun it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:06 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
bibi wrote:

What about you?

Wow! Shocked I am not nearly that advanced!!! >w<
All I can do now is a little tiny bunny hop xD No real jumps yet...but hopefully my teacher will let me move up quickly because I get most of the basics (really basic things like swizzle, fowrward and backward crossover) because I did skating just for fun. But now I really want to learn real moves in the field.
I have to keep working hard with ice skating!! Sweatdrop
I really feel humbled to people like you who are doing so well Worship

I got started learning pretty late it seems...but I think as long as I am having fun it is worth it.

Yes, of course, that's the most important thing! And I bet you'll learn really quickly since you seem to enjoy it a lot Wink Good luck !
Back to top Go down
lovergfs4ever

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:32 am

I choosed Coach.....i'm the only one!
Back to top Go down
getmewild

getmewild

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:22 am

I am a fan!

but I do figure skating moves off ice!

recently I lost my double toe! =(

the best that I can do is a slight or maybe somewhat cheated single axel! hahahaa!

I can do all other jumps (except salchow) in single and cleanly landing them!
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.blogspot.com
lovergfs4ever

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:30 am

OMG everyone here is very great but i'm just a beginner! I've skated for almost 1.5 years and i'm now landing a single loop only=[
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:30 am

Wow, then you are better than me! I can not rotate :-( Can you give me an advice how to practise rotate? I dont even know what to do or what i need T_T
Back to top Go down
NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:27 pm

I've been skating since I was 2.5 and now I'm 12 so I've been skating 9.5 years. I can land all singles and doubles and A 3Toe, 3Sal and a 3Loop. I also take ballet off ice, which helps with my spirals and spin positions positions. My sister Kanako is a gymnast- she taught me how to do a backflip off ice. I'm doing it on ice in a harness.

Some advice for off ice jumping- using skippng rope or anything to get you height. As soon as you can jump a certain height, push off and spin while keeping the same height and bring your arms to your chest, then land. First do it on a carpet so if you fall, it won't hurt as much.
Hope this helps!
Cheering Happy Practicing!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:43 am

I'm a fan.

I can't even stand on those blasted blades without falling off in two seconds to save my life. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you have to do with skating?   What do you have to do with skating? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1