Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my trip to England And Spain

Go down 
+3
chiyori
chapis
bibi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

my trip to England And Spain Empty
PostSubject: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share with you a little bit of the school trip I made a few weeks ago.

First, We went to London. We visited the city a lot during 2 days walking and taking the Underground. As we were only 17 people and it was not an "organisated" trip, we could "choose" or change the plans by taking the subway at anytime we wanted! That was so cool to see the real life of London! It was so beautiful and the weather was wonderful! Also, we went to see the Phantom of the Opera (OMG!! Shocked Very Happy ). The next day, we went out of town. We went to Windsor (visiting the castle), Stonhenge and Bath!
After, we took the plane to go to Spain and we arrived in Allicante to then go to Alhama de Murcia (Murcia) were we had penpals. As it isn't a touristic town (it's quite small and cute!) we enjoyed real teenager life going to school, and doing activities all together. We also visited some little things. But it was so fun! We stayed there for 4 days. Then, we took the train to go to Barcelona!
This city is so beautiful! We visited the Olympic town and the Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, and so on! We spent 2 days there!

I was wondering if anyone has visited those cities before, and what are your impressions?

Bibi
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm

I glad that you got fun flower , I never had visited England or Spain, in fact only USA and that because is very near but hope soon to trip I would like to go Europe and Japan.

You should put pictures of the trip Idea , if you want, is just a idea.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 pm

That sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm glad you had lots of fun Wink

I never went to England (though I really really want to), but I spent a whole summer in Alicante in between my two years in cégep (for none Québécois: college... sorta) where I took Spanish classes (look up Collège de Maisonneuve/Séjours linguistiques... I don't know how it is today but it was fantastic a few years ago... I almost wrote "in my day" but I'm not that old yet Suspect ). Afterwards, I didn't want/told my mother I wasn't ready to come back straight away and start school in September so I backpacked my way up to Barcelona, made a few stops in southern France before moving on to Italy (Turin, Milan, Florence and Rome) and Switzerland (Lugano Lake Faint2)... and basically took a few years off my mother's lifespan by making her worry so much. I came back at the end of December just in time for Christmas... of the following year (was gone from May 2002 to December 2003). Coming back was the hardest thing I ever did (especially since my flight landed on the day following a remarkably nasty snow storm... Bawling). I'd taken a few disposable jobs along the way so I still had the means to support myself. But, yeah, at some point, you gotta do something with your life.

My next goal: Japan!! But it's soooo expensive! I need to prepare well in advance but it gets harder when you're out of school... vacation time is few and far between. I'd love to go for a while and make the rip off of a plane ticket worthwhile but I can't just put my job on hold... Whirly What an impossible dilemna! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:04 am

I'd love to visit Japan as well someday Very Happy !! However, it would be difficult because of the Language barrier...
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 am

Glad you had fun bibi! Aww...My parents and I had a month-long trip throughout several countries in Europe, but that was way back during my infancy, so I have close to zero memories of it - I do remember being stuck in Domodedovo Int'l Airport in Russia when our flight was delayed, though. Razz

The Japanese tourist scene is getting better - the number of tours and packages aimed at tourists have improved substantially in recent years, although the vast majority appear to aim either those who can speak English or Chinese. And if you dig deep enough, accommodations aren't that badly priced either, and dining in Tokyo is definitely not unreasonable - it's generally on par with what most folks in U.S. cities expect (from personal experience - NYC, San Francisco, LA, Seattle et al).

Souvenirs are definitely a handful on the wallet, though. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:02 am

Good for you, bibi!
I've never been to Europe before.
How was the cuisine when you got there?

oh I wish I could travel to some foreign countries too. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:09 pm

coconut wrote:
Good for you, bibi!
I've never been to Europe before.
How was the cuisine when you got there?

oh I wish I could travel to some foreign countries too. Sweatdrop
It was my first time in Europe too!! (even because my own parents..). Well, the cuisine in England isn't too different from in North America. There is about everything you can look for. Since we were in a school trip, we didn't eat in big restaurants. We ate at Mcdonalds, Subway, we bought sandwiches, but we went to Hard Rock Cafe! Well, we also got to eat "Fish n Ships" which is typical of England I think.
In spain, the family with whom I lived knew that I didn't like fish too much, so we didn't eat fishes, but they eat a lot of those. As well, we ate a lot of chicken and I got to eat two time "Paella" which is the typical meal of Spain I think!
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:13 am

bibi wrote:
It was my first time in Europe too!! (even because my own parents..). Well, the cuisine in England isn't too different from in North America. There is about everything you can look for. Since we were in a school trip, we didn't eat in big restaurants. We ate at Mcdonalds, Subway, we bought sandwiches, but we went to Hard Rock Cafe! Well, we also got to eat "Fish n Ships" which is typical of England I think.
In spain, the family with whom I lived knew that I didn't like fish too much, so we didn't eat fishes, but they eat a lot of those. As well, we ate a lot of chicken and I got to eat two time "Paella" which is the typical meal of Spain I think!

I like Fish n Ships!!! Thumbs up!
I've had Paella in Spanish restaurant here in Tokyo before but they must have much better real paella in Spain. If I get a chance to go there, I should try. Razz Eating at Mcdonalds in other country might be pretty fun too!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:05 am

coconut wrote:
bibi wrote:

I like Fish n Ships!!! Thumbs up!
I've had Paella in Spanish restaurant here in Tokyo before but they must have much better real paella in Spain. If I get a chance to go there, I should try. Razz Eating at Mcdonalds in other country might be pretty fun too!
Well, I don't like Mcdonalds so much, but it didn't cost a lot, so I had to take that Wink but it taste the same thing than in Canada. I don't know about Japan though!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:53 pm

That sounds like so much fun!!!
My mother went to England way back when and she wants to go back soon...she really liked it!
One of my good friends almost moved to England too, because her mom got a job offer over there o__o
I have never been there yet, though! I always pictured everything as being really pretty and clean in England for some reason~! With all the lawns a sparkly green and the rocky castles very cold and sharp against the blue sky >w< Love Hearts
Was it very crowded there and Barecelona, too? Is the Underground as stuffed as the Japanese train system?
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
That sounds like so much fun!!!
My mother went to England way back when and she wants to go back soon...she really liked it!
One of my good friends almost moved to England too, because her mom got a job offer over there o__o
I have never been there yet, though! I always pictured everything as being really pretty and clean in England for some reason~! With all the lawns a sparkly green and the rocky castles very cold and sharp against the blue sky >w< Love Hearts
Was it very crowded there and Barecelona, too? Is the Underground as stuffed as the Japanese train system?

No, in Barcelona it wasn't really crowded because we were in March. But my teacher said that in the summer, it's really really crowded!!

And as for the Underground, I cannot compare it to the japanese one since I never been in Japan before but I guess it wasn't Razz
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:18 pm

bibi wrote:

No, in Barcelona it wasn't really crowded because we were in March. But my teacher said that in the summer, it's really really crowded!!

And as for the Underground, I cannot compare it to the japanese one since I never been in Japan before but I guess it wasn't Razz

That's nice that you were able to go without being swarmed by mobs of tourists XD Sometimes things like that are ambience-killers.
I bet the temperature was really nice at this time of year, too. flower
Our school has a trip like that, to France, but I think it's just for the French class. That means me, so hopefully in a year or so I can have fun outside of the country, too >w<

chiyori wrote:
Afterwards, I didn't want/told my mother I wasn't ready to come back straight away and start school in September so I backpacked my way up to Barcelona, made a few stops in southern France before moving on to Italy (Turin, Milan, Florence and Rome) and Switzerland (Lugano Lake Faint2)... and basically took a few years off my mother's lifespan by making her worry so much. I came back at the end of December just in time for Christmas... of the following year (was gone from May 2002 to December 2003).

It must be great to just feel that free!!! Just go somewhere and really like it and just call and be like, "So, yeah. I'm staying for a while!"
I bet you have some great stories from that trip. cheers
I want to get out there someday! xD Woot!
Back to top Go down
getmewild

getmewild

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:49 am

wow! lucky you!

I have never been to any euro-american-african-australian-antartican countries before!

Just once in Hong Kong... like that was 4 years ago! Maybe after renewing my expired passport... I will ask my parents to go to Japan for summer vacation! =D that would be great!
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my trip to England And Spain   my trip to England And Spain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my trip to England And Spain
Page 1 of 1