Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009

Go down 
+46
mitsuno
dimA
Aibhlin
bekalc
maowataiyo
coolmeia
sky
sapphiresky
dangerous_angel_face
Rory
kawaiimao
prettykeys
Maoka QUEEN
Mirai
chineseteacup
coconut
chapis
sumin
zakkan
SoMiTripleAxel
BowbowDaijin
e2girl
bellarina
Batsuchan
☆Genie
kirakira
San_Fran
cera
chiyori
bibi
polosatik
Okami
snowdrops24
ddmm
tianrushui
roma
maochan
inskate
summervie
Liffey
MaoMaoRevolution
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
Star85
Yschntä
josling
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:59 am

I know three Korean actresses committed suicide after being traumatized by malicious comments posted on Internet message boards. I don't want to think that this is a problem Mao might face.

Japanese Mao's supporters often talk about how to save Mao's reputations on a Japanese forum. Most of us try to do "a positive campaign of cheering up Mao". Some of them suggest ignoring. Others insist on writing Yuna's bad reputations from the concept of "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth".

I just try not to read any malicious comments, praying that Mao never reads them. Sorry for my poor English.
Back to top Go down
will_power

will_power

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:17 am

@Kaarolcia - I would slap that female dog so hard if I was there. Laughing Most likely not, but I'll tell her off. Very Mad

@chineseteacup - I agree...I can not stand the Yuna's youtube fans anymore....
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:19 am

chineseteacup wrote:

At first I wanted to give the guy who shouted "Yu-Na..." the benefit of the doubt and put it down to mere bad-timing, but I noticed afterwards that there is some laughter and jeering following the shouting. And Mao looks slightly flustered, but continues to smile nonetheless (brave Mao! Many Hearts ) So I have no choice but to think that whoever shouted out Yu-Na's name while it was Mao's turn to shine on the podium (despite her second place finishing) did it out of pure spite. And I'm going to keep thinking this unless someone comes up with an alternative explanation.

It really confounds and saddens me that some "fans" could take the Mao/Yu-Na rivalry so seriously as to attack Mao personally. All those trolls on youtube marking the comments of Mao supporters as "spam" and giving Mao's videos bad ratings should be ashamed of themselves. Are they completely blind to the fact that Mao is a real human being who may be hurt by all this negativity? This isn't some video game, or reality TV show. This is a person's life's work hanging in the balance.

Truly, I feel saddened.
I won't lie, I've always wished to glue Yuna's skates together with a chewed chewing gum before some big competition. Sleep

But, jokes aside, all this is indeed *really* sad.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:24 am

@yuki - My friend is a fan of 2pm (Korean pop band) and was following the controversy where one of the group members was attacked by Korean netizens for once saying how much he hated Korea.

They actually signed a petition for him to kill himself. What is the world coming to?
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U-tmgC0GYs

I think it kinda summarizes some points expressed in a few messages above.

As for the situation with 2PM (personally, I prefer 2ne1 ^_^) and the actress, I think we shouldn't generalize/mix this kind of stuff. I mean, Koreans to Koreans (with their respective cultural traits), Japanese to Japanese, and so on.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:26 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:
yuki wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
The TEB Ladies' ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSf3pHzRp4

Is it just me, or does a man shout "Yu-Na Kim!" at 2:07 right as Mao climbs onto the podium?

It sounds to me like "Yuna is great!". What a terrible timing. Disappointed
But it was sweet of Mao not to care, just smiling. Razz

Wow. That shout was so uncalled for! Talk about being well-behaved.. Hopefully Mao hasn't heard or hasn't noticed. I was standing near the podium during the medal ceremonies and I haven't heard this comment. Maybe the guy stood next to microphones or something.

And really...some Yuna fans at TEB were strange. During the LP one lady, obviously a Yuna fan, noticed I am cheering for Mao so she switched her place! She didn't want to sit next to me because I was a Mao fan Rolling Eyes Of course I didn't care and I started cheering for Mao even lauder Laugh

At first I wanted to give the guy who shouted "Yu-Na..." the benefit of the doubt and put it down to mere bad-timing, but I noticed afterwards that there is some laughter and jeering following the shouting. And Mao looks slightly flustered, but continues to smile nonetheless (brave Mao! Many Hearts ) So I have no choice but to think that whoever shouted out Yu-Na's name while it was Mao's turn to shine on the podium (despite her second place finishing) did it out of pure spite. And I'm going to keep thinking this unless someone comes up with an alternative explanation.

It really confounds and saddens me that some "fans" could take the Mao/Yu-Na rivalry so seriously as to attack Mao personally. All those trolls on youtube marking the comments of Mao supporters as "spam" and giving Mao's videos bad ratings should be ashamed of themselves. Are they completely blind to the fact that Mao is a real human being who may be hurt by all this negativity? This isn't some video game, or reality TV show. This is a person's life's work hanging in the balance.

Truly, I feel saddened.

This just breaks my heart, but I adore Mao for keeping a smile on her face. So utterly classy. I think it's so ironic that someone as sweet as Mao gets treated pretty horribly by some people- there couldn't be anyone LESS deserving of it than Mao. I don't know if she knows just how many people are supporting her and are inspired by her, but I hope she knows that she has many people behind her, many more than those who want to bring her down.

Really, I think that behavior like this occurs often with competition situations because of fear, mostly. Fear that the person will win over your favorite, that they'll triumph when you don't want them to, so you try to bring them down any way you can. I guess that's good in a way....they view Mao as a threat and believe she has a shot at taking the Olympic gold over their favorite. And you know what...I really think that in the end, what goes around comes around. I think we'll be seeing a very happy Mao receiving her gold medal in Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 pm

bellarina wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:
yuki wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
The TEB Ladies' ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSf3pHzRp4

Is it just me, or does a man shout "Yu-Na Kim!" at 2:07 right as Mao climbs onto the podium?

It sounds to me like "Yuna is great!". What a terrible timing. Disappointed
But it was sweet of Mao not to care, just smiling. Razz

Wow. That shout was so uncalled for! Talk about being well-behaved.. Hopefully Mao hasn't heard or hasn't noticed. I was standing near the podium during the medal ceremonies and I haven't heard this comment. Maybe the guy stood next to microphones or something.

And really...some Yuna fans at TEB were strange. During the LP one lady, obviously a Yuna fan, noticed I am cheering for Mao so she switched her place! She didn't want to sit next to me because I was a Mao fan Rolling Eyes Of course I didn't care and I started cheering for Mao even lauder Laugh

Truly, I feel saddened.

This just breaks my heart, but I adore Mao for keeping a smile on her face. So utterly classy. I think it's so ironic that someone as sweet as Mao gets treated pretty horribly by some people- there couldn't be anyone LESS deserving of it than Mao. I don't know if she knows just how many people are supporting her and are inspired by her, but I hope she knows that she has many people behind her, many more than those who want to bring her down.

Really, I think that behavior like this occurs often with competition situations because of fear, mostly. Fear that the person will win over your favorite, that they'll triumph when you don't want them to, so you try to bring them down any way you can. I guess that's good in a way....they view Mao as a threat and believe she has a shot at taking the Olympic gold over their favorite. And you know what...I really think that in the end, what goes around comes around. I think we'll be seeing a very happy Mao receiving her gold medal in Vancouver.

OMG! The first time I watched this video, I had the volume on really low, and didn't even notice that jerk!

Yuki, that wierdo you were sitting next to was rediculous, and immature Rolling Eyes
chineseteacup, I agree that rude, immature behavior like this is usually caused by fear. If someone with less talent than Mao had won silver, I'm sure they would have been happier, and been polite, because they would have felt more secure. They know Mao can beat Yuna, so they wanted to rub Yunas victory in her face, and put her self esteem down in any little way they could. Evil or Very Mad

kaarolcia, I agree on all the mean Yuna fans on YT! My god, it's horrible! Truthfully, there are some equally as bad Mao fans on there, but there seems to be a lot more Yuna fans like that. Much of the bitterness seems to be over Korean and Japanese nationality though. Even more so than their skating. This is so silly. It's like they don't understand that they are just two young girls who just like to SKATE for Gods sake! It's not like they are hateful nationalist with alterial motives or anything like that! Many Yuna fans aren't even really all that into figure skating. They just like Yuna because she's brought a lot of glory to their country. They make Yuna and Mao out to be bitter rivalries, but it's really those extreme, wacky fans who have the bitter rivalry.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22