Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009

Go down 
+46
mitsuno
dimA
Aibhlin
bekalc
maowataiyo
coolmeia
sky
sapphiresky
dangerous_angel_face
Rory
kawaiimao
prettykeys
Maoka QUEEN
Mirai
chineseteacup
coconut
chapis
sumin
zakkan
SoMiTripleAxel
BowbowDaijin
e2girl
bellarina
Batsuchan
☆Genie
kirakira
San_Fran
cera
chiyori
bibi
polosatik
Okami
snowdrops24
ddmm
tianrushui
roma
maochan
inskate
summervie
Liffey
MaoMaoRevolution
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
Star85
Yschntä
josling
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:04 am

Trophée Eric Bompard Cachemire 2009

- Starting Orders/Results: http://www.isufs.org/results/gpfra09/
- Official site: http://www.ffsg.org/evenements/documents/bompard09/infos.html
- Entries: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011082.htm
- Venue: Paris / FRANCE
- Date: 15.10.2009 - 18.10.2009

- Current time in Paris: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=195

- Event Schedule:
Friday, October 16, 2009
14.00 ICE DANCE – Compulsory Dance
15.20 MEN – Short Program
17.15 PAIRS – Short Program
18.40 LADIES – Short Program
20.30 ICE DANCE – - Original Dance

Saturday, October 17, 2009
13.30 MEN – Free Skating
15.45 PAIRS – Free Skating
18.30 LADIES – Free Skating
20.45 DANCE – Free Skating

Sunday, October 18, 2009
14.00 GALA EXHIBITION

Sasha withdraws from TEB because of an injury! Shocked
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091009&content_id=7412294&vkey=ice_pressrelease

I hope she will be fine in november for SA. Yep, Sadly

Only on week and we can see Maos SP !!! Thumbs up!
Goo Mao! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Yschntä

Yschntä

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:42 am

That's a pity. I was excited about Sasha's programs. I hope she will skate at SA!
I look forward to see Mao in France Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:44 pm

I was very disapointed to hear this too Sad I was really looking forward to not only seeing her compete again, but seeing Mao, Yuna, AND Sasha all compete in the same competition! I hear it's too late to replace her? That's too bad.

I read some pretty skeptical comments on Sasha's withraw, and the show she did two days before making the announcement here: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2009/10/cohen-meissner-lose-footing-in-comebacks.html
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:56 am

Meh. As usual Phil Hersh is the journalistic equivalent of a deflated balloon. His remarks on Sasha and Kimmie are quite generous; I haven't quite gotten over how he thrashed Evan and especially Johnny last season, both who I clearly find to be far more competitive than the two ladies for quite a while. And then there's his unprofessional coverage of Jr. Worlds, where he once again questioned CaroZ's consistency (he was a big supporter of Alissa winning Nats) and ignorantly described the Japanese Juniors as "not promising" - he clearly didn't know about Yukiko/Kanako's success that year or that Yuzuru is far younger than his fellow competitors. Only, now the very same Kanako and Yuzuru are running loose in the JGP threatening to be medal contenders for next year's JW. Rolling Eyes Combine that with his sore-loser attitude regarding Chicago losing the Olympic bid, and I am consistently questioning why he isn't fired by the Tribune yet. Faint2

In other news, Elena Glebova was announced as Sasha' replacement. cat
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:28 pm

At Golden Skate someone said Candice and Elena withdrew and I checked Wikipedia and they weren't in the list anymore.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:11 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
At Golden Skate someone said Candice and Elena withdrew and I checked Wikipedia and they weren't in the list anymore.

Crying or Very sad

The season is off to a bit of a rocky start competitor-wise it seems...Yep, Sadly

But everyone going to TEB!!! Please consider giving us a play-by-play (or a vague description of the atmosphere even!)
Cheering
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Here is a followup article to the one I posted yesterday. It has an interview with Sasha from just today, on the subject of her withdrawing:

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2009/10/by-philip-hershi-apparently-made-the-mistake-of-taking-2006-olympic-silver-medalist-sasha-cohen-at-her-word-when-cohen-announ.html
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Phil Hersh = Ugh, ugh, ugh. Very Mad

Tono has been in Paris for a few days, but there's zero info on Mao and Yukari as of now. I want my Mao update! Bawling
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 pm

clovera wrote:
Phil Hersh = Ugh, ugh, ugh. Very Mad

Tono has been in Paris for a few days, but there's zero info on Mao and Yukari as of now. I want my Mao update! Bawling

Yep, Phil is officially an idiot and has ZERO credibility. Hopefully he'll be fired one of these days... Rolling Eyes

And I want Mao updates, too! Sad Is there any news on when she'll arrive? Yuna and Adam Rippon both tweeted that they were on a flight to Paris tonight from Toronto. I wish Mao had a twitter... Razz

I can't wait! Only two more days until we see Mao's new SP and only ONE more day until (hopefully) detailed practice reports! Boogie Confetti
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Liffey wrote:

I can't wait! Only two more days until we see Mao's new SP and only ONE more day until (hopefully) detailed practice reports! Boogie Confetti
Personally I wouldn't mind if TEB was delayed for one week. I'm morally not ready for it. It's too important, too epic, too soon. Waiting for it has been such a meaningful and pleasant process. And now it's actually up to happen! Oh no! Escape Smile
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:04 am

summervie wrote:
Liffey wrote:

Personally I wouldn't mind if TEB was delayed for one week. I'm morally not ready for it. It's too important, too epic, too soon. Waiting for it has been such a meaningful and pleasant process. And now it's actually up to happen! Oh no! Escape Smile

I totally know how you feel! Unconscious

And I'm Disappointed at the way Mao is treated in the recent TV Asahi promo clips... They basically promote the GP series as Mao vs. YuNa event... Totally forgetting about Miki, Joannie, Laura, Rachel, etc. They totally ignore that Mao is in the process of reworking her jumps and just expect her to land 2 3A and 3-3 as if it was a piece of cake. It's clear that they epect a win, and if Mao falters, they will be like "your expression was bad", "you need to work harder", as if Mao wasn't already working etra hard. Disappointed There's just way too much pressure for my liking.

And I'm a bit worried about the jumping layout and music... But I'll wait until TEB to truly worry about that. Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:34 am

summervie wrote:
Liffey wrote:

It's been such a long off season though. I am desperate for skating! Razz Laugh

I think I'll feel that way when the Olympics begin. After the Olympics the season is essentially over (since many skaters don't go to Worlds). Since we only get an Olympic season every four years, I'm just trying to savor it as much as I can. Happy dance
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:53 pm

inskate wrote:
summervie wrote:
Liffey wrote:

I totally know how you feel! Unconscious

And I'm Disappointed at the way Mao is treated in the recent TV Asahi promo clips... They basically promote the GP series as Mao vs. YuNa event... Totally forgetting about Miki, Joannie, Laura, Rachel, etc. They totally ignore that Mao is in the process of reworking her jumps and just expect her to land 2 3A and 3-3 as if it was a piece of cake. It's clear that they epect a win, and if Mao falters, they will be like "your expression was bad", "you need to work harder", as if Mao wasn't already working etra hard. Disappointed There's just way too much pressure for my liking.

And I'm a bit worried about the jumping layout and music... But I'll wait until TEB to truly worry about that. Lips sealed

Exactly. TV Asahi is taking the whole rivalry and blowing it out of proportion. Mao and Yu-Na are really not the only top contenders--and even if at this event the two of them separate from the rest of the skaters outstandingly, they still aren't the only two competing.

Not to mention there's been an insurgence of "warped" fans who think like Asahi, too. I knew the pressure was bad, but as TEB got closer and closer it really just became awful (not to mention the huge amount of criticism Mao has gotten already for the LP). Honestly, sometimes I think skating fans can just flat out be too hard on a skater and it hurts to read such sad articles/posts people put out there.

I deeply admire and respect any skater that will be able to come out of this strong and mentally intact for the rest of the season.

A delay would be nice...maybe let just a little bit of the hype wear off before the competition. Or maybe it would just be best to get it "over with" and just have it out of the way to focus on the ultimate goal. Thinking both ways makes me feel a little empty, and I can only hope the skaters there can just do their best and keep clear minds and hearts.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
Exactly. TV Asahi is taking the whole rivalry and blowing it out of proportion. Mao and Yu-Na are really not the only top contenders--and even if at this event the two of them separate from the rest of the skaters outstandingly, they still aren't the only two competing.

Not to mention there's been an insurgence of "warped" fans who think like Asahi, too.
Japanese media... Very Mad This is really reminding me of Fuji TV's ultra-hyping of Miki during Torino (and the bashing right after) and not in a good way. There's an estimated total of over 260 reporters coming into France just for Mao and Yu-Na - again, the media hype is only going to get worse as the season progresses. I was hoping the Japanese media would have learned a lesson by now after Miki and SA 06 - where they made a complete fool of themselves with the way they handled interviews, especially regarding Kimmie - but clearly this isn't the case.

I'm not going to bother with the "warped" fans part. Sweatdrop

There was a Sports Hochi article this morning in Japan apparently where Tat requested the JSF to make sure that Mao does not get interviewed whatsoever during TEB. It certainly is an extreme measure, but I must say I can't disagree with Tat. I wonder how the consistently prying folks at TV Asahi (and by extension, SBS) will deal with this. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:39 pm

clovera wrote:
Japanese media... Very Mad This is really reminding me of Fuji TV's ultra-hyping of Miki during Torino (and the bashing right after) and not in a good way. There's an estimated total of over 260 reporters coming into France just for Mao and Yu-Na - again, the media hype is only going to get worse as the season progresses. I was hoping the Japanese media would have learned a lesson by now after Miki and SA 06 - where they made a complete fool of themselves with the way they handled interviews, especially regarding Kimmie - but clearly this isn't the case.

I'm not going to bother with the "warped" fans part. Sweatdrop

There was a Sports Hochi article this morning in Japan apparently where Tat requested the JSF to make sure that Mao does not get interviewed whatsoever during TEB. It certainly is an extreme measure, but I must say I can't disagree with Tat. I wonder how the consistently prying folks at TV Asahi (and by extension, SBS) will deal with this. Rolling Eyes

I'm glad Mao has someone strong like TAT to "protect" her somewhat. If the JSF knows what's good for them...they won't try to mess with TAT.
But really, who knows. I can't believe 260 something reporters are going to be there. Great coverage for skating events is very much appreciated, but...I think most can agree that that is excessive.
I'm hoping none of them will try anything sly or unwise and start hounding the skaters.
When will they get it? Skating fans don't care about a million articles and a hundred interviews with the skaters...they just want to see the skaters give their very best performances.

It's also pretty annoying how the world just cannot agree with each other in figure skating now. The Korean media has already written Mao off and put Yu-Na as the "clear favorite" (as one Yeonhap article put it), while the Japanese media is firing up the rivalry.

If Mao doesn't get to do her best here at TEB and the Japanese media starts beating her down like Miki, I will be more than disappointed. Depressed Crying

But on the bright side...only one day left until the Olympic senior season begins Boogie
Back to top Go down
maochan

maochan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20091015-00000005-kyodo_sp-spo.html

Mao arrived in Paris from Russia with relaxed face.

Good luck Mao! cheers
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Today's Mao snippet:
News clip
Article

As I mentioned earlier, Team Tat has indeed prohibited the media from interviewing Mao when she arrived in Paris a few hours ago. I hope Mao can take advantage of this and prep herself for tomorrow's SP in relative peace. I love you

ETA: Houdou station (TV Asahi) is planning to show some footage of today's official practice in about 10 hours (21:54~23:10 JST), for those who are curious to catch it on TVAnts/Keyhole.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 pm

I really, really hope they'll leave Mao alone. They've already put too much pressure on her esp. with the media hyping this event too much.

And thanks for the tip, clovera! I'll try to catch it on TVAnts later. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:27 am

Thank you maochan, clovera and tianrushui.
Good to hear that she arrived safely in Paris. I think TAT is right to shut out the media, they are so cruel.
When you see Mao's pic and her lovely smile, you cannot see all the pressure she has. It must be so hard and painful. This girl is such a fighter.
Anyone going to TEB ?
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:25 am

Thankyou clovera, maochan and tianrushui!! Smile

Great to see Mao looking relaxed~ Does anyone know which TV channel is showing the competition live? I heard that TV Asahi is going to broadcast it this Saturday and Sunday instead.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:33 am

Thanks for the news and pics, clovera, maochan and tianrushui! Smile

I'm glad TAT told the media to back away. I just read the first practice reports (from ice dance) at FSU... And according to the reports, the media attendance is just crazy! The press room is overflowing with reporters, and 90% of them is Japanese (and probably Korean as well).

The arena is also completely filled with spectators - I don't think it ever happened at TEB! I remember that back in 2006 the arena was almost empty.

The person who wrote the report mentioned that there was no place to sit down, so he sat in some Japanese photographer's place. Too sweet!

Scaaary... Faint2 Snow Unconscious
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:07 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
Thankyou clovera, maochan and tianrushui!! Smile

Great to see Mao looking relaxed~ Does anyone know which TV channel is showing the competition live? I heard that TV Asahi is going to broadcast it this Saturday and Sunday instead.

TV Asahi is going to broadcast the competition? What time? Very Happy Are there other stations that will broadcast this live?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:46 am

Here's the link! Cool

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/gp2009/pc/onair/index.html

I think "フランス大会" refers to TEB

17/10 (Sat) 19:00 - 20:51
18/10 (Sun) 19:00 - 21:24
19/10 (Mon) 19:00 - 19:54

I suppose this is the scheduled broadcast time, but it may change.

My Japanese is still v. elementary. Pls. feel free to correct me if I've posted any incorrect info. Embarassed cheers

Here's TV Asahi's homepage for the 2009 Grand Prix Series. We can follow the GP through this page as well:

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/gp2009/
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:56 am

Okami wrote:

Scaaary... Faint2 Snow Unconscious
I can only imagine... Waves of media workers break over the walls outside of the press conference hall. Some little woman opens the door from inside, sees the whole picture, rapidly bacomes pale and with a fainting voice says: "Now, I will step behind this yellow line, then count until five, and then you slowly, slooowly come inside and may attend the press conference of Mao Asa... Wait, I said slowly!!!" {censored}
affraid

Last edited by summervie on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Trophée Eric Bompard 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next