Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate Canada

Go down 
+14
clovera
inskate
kaarolcia
ddmm
bibi
coconut
roma
MaoMaoRevolution
illani
sofia
MikiAndoFan#1
polosatik
chiyori
Liffey
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Skate Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Liffey wrote:
bibi wrote:
Mmm..also...Am i the only one disappointed about Mirai scores??! I thought she deserved much higher scores, she skated brilliantly! Congrats to Joannie and Alissa Very Happy

Oh no, you're not the only one. On the last page, I lamented her low scores. Not only did the jumps look rotated, but she deserved a WAY higher PCS than she was given. I really hope she'll get the PCS she deserves one of the these days. Neutral
Yes, her jumps have never looked that solid and I thought her PCS deserved higher too! Also, I,ve never seen Frank Carroll so happy in the kiss n cry ... until the marks came out haha!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Some bittersweet news: Jeremy dedicated his performance tonight to a hearing-impaired skater at his former club in Colorado. She died earlier today in a skiing accident. Jeremy said he's still "in shock":

http://www.freep.com/article/20091120/BLOG34/91120084/1048/SPORTS/Abbott-honors-fallen-skier

Crying or Very sad It's beautiful and amazing that he was able to skate so well for her and win the SP.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:59 am

[quote="bibi"]
polosatik wrote:
Liffey wrote:
polosatik wrote:
sofia wrote:
P.S He said a lot of bad things about Plush and also Alexei.

He said something bad about Alexie?? WOW! How did I miss that?! What did he say? I really don't understand how anyone could say something bad about him. Disappointed He had artistry, the jumps, everything you could want in a skater. That's crazy.
It was like if they were skating now they won't get anywhere, now skaters are much better. Oh , about Plushy chistbokh said a lot of different things Razz First of all Olympic champion can't be former- Chan laughs when asked about Plushenko's memorable gesture during the long program in Moscow, throwing his finger in the air, to show that he was still No..1.

"It wasn't like I didn't practise that day because I was so upset," Chan said.

"It was silly. I think it was disrespectful on his part.

Chan agrees that Plushenko's routines lacked a lot of transitional moves - he sailed from jump to jump without complications in between - but "he could get away with it because he's a former Olympic champion, and he's in Russia and in his own country and he's got judges that really appreciate his skating,"

Polosatik, where did you read this? I'm sorry because I've never read this anywhere and the only thing I've heard him say this year is that he has learn about the Joubert thing last year and that he has learn to deal with the medias and what is good to tell and not to tell...
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/news/newsid=20210.html#chan+returns+undeterred here Razz
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 am

coconut wrote:
I'm happy to see Denis's clean SP!!!!!!!!!! He made the audience happy!! Happy dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWtAM0n77cU

Thanks so much for this link, coconut!!! Can't help but smile after watching his wonderful skate. Very Happy

He surely has a bright future ahead.

Takahashi's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJFPEYAd5I
Abbott's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezaCoLLftCU
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:48 am

I am also disappointed with Mirai's score. She deserves much higher. Akiko too.
I like Joannie, she skated clean and deserves the first place but I am not sure about her score...but with Joannie's 70, it shows that Yuna is beatable.

I also enjoy what the commentators say. Are they canadian commentators ? 2 guys speaking french and they are so funny. They can be mean sometime but they are honest. They also gave their own prediction after each skater's performance (like where they should be placed) but it was most of the time wrong ! scores are also affraid for commentators!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:22 am

roma wrote:

Thanks so much for this link, coconut!!! Can't help but smile after watching his wonderful skate. Very Happy

He surely has a bright future ahead.

Definitely! He's very much a performer it seems. His exhibitions are really energetic and exciting (and very entertaining). TAT picks some really great music for him (if she's the one doing it). Even last season's "Once Upon a Time in Mexio" was perfect~

Jeremy is so kind to have publicly dedicated that skate to his friend who passed away Yep, Sadly There was a lot of emotion in that skate and I could feel how he wanted to do his best for her...
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Terrible skate from Patrick, but an even worse performance from Denis. pale I just wanted to give him a hug after he finished... ugh.

Dai and Jeremy still to skate! Cheering

ETA: Dai was great! Only a couple step-outs, but no falls and his footwork was beyond gorgeous. LOVE him. Swoon
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Boogie Yay for Daisuke and Jeremy!!
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Oh WOW! Gorgeous quad from Jeremy! So nice that at least one guy here attempted one and was successful! I'm happy that he won, although I would have been happy if it were Dai, too! Too sweet!

Jeremy and Dai-chan were head and shoulders better than everyone else today- and now both Dai and Jeremy qualify for the GPF! Confetti Cheering

Final results:

1 Jeremy ABBOTT USA
232.99 1 2
2 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN
231.31 2 1
3 Alban PREAUBERT FRA
212.28 4 3
4 Michal BREZINA CZE
202.32 5 5
5 Samuel CONTESTI ITA
202.25 7 4
6 Patrick CHAN CAN
198.77 6 6
7 Denis TEN KAZ
193.33 3 9
8 Stephen CARRIERE USA
188.31 10 7
9 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA
186.48 8 8
10 Joey RUSSELL CAN
168.71 9 11
11 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL
168.54 11 10
12 Jeremy TEN CAN
148.96 12 12

Last edited by Liffey on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:05 pm

really satisfied with the result! Jeremy 1st and Daisuke 2nd so that both of them can go to GPF!!
I'm also happy that Alban made it on the podium. Razz

Congrats to all three of them!!!!!!! Confetti
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Liffey wrote:
and now both Dai and Jeremy qualify for the GPF! Confetti Cheering

Wohoo! Dance
I wasn't sure whether Daisuke managed to qualify so now I'm even more happy! Dai was great today! Wub I adore his programs!
And I so wanted to hug Denis after his performance. He was so sad! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Protocols are up:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan09/index.htm

Seems Dai-chan got only a level 2 on 3 of his 4 step sequences... I'm a bit confused about the 2 in the SP... They look so difficult and intricate and "musical"!! I just don't get what is missing...

And I've been wondering about this for a while. Look at this (example from Daisuke's FS):

3 3A 8.20 1.80 2 2 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 10.00

5 CiSt2 2.30 1.10 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 1 3.40

How come the 3A got 1.80 while the SS only got 1.10? If you look at the GOEs awarded by each judge, it would seem like the opposite would be more logical right? Or does the mean from all the GOEs also include the base value of the element? Since the SS is worth a lot less than a 3A, that would make sense but again, can someone explain? I'm using this one as an example, but I've seen this plenty of times before and I always wonder...
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Patrick got wrong edge deduction for his Flip both SP and FS!!
I think it's the first time he actually got e mark. Did Judges just realize them today? Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Man, what a crazy competition... PCS all over the place WOW! (2 points spread in some cases! Fried), buy overall most of the judges were v.generous with GoEs/PCS...

Chiyori: some GoEs are factored... Ugh, I don't know how to say it in English... Embarassed But, for example, only jumps ranging from 2A to 3Lz and lvl4 footwork get the average of the judges scores. Easier jumps and non-jump elements get less and 3A/quads get more. The exact amount of points should be listed in the newest ISU Communication regarding the scoring of the elements.

ETA: Here's the link: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=934
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:10 pm

inskate wrote:
Man, what a crazy competition... PCS all over the place WOW! (2 points spread in some cases! Fried), buy overall most of the judges were v.generous with GoEs/PCS...

Chiyori: some GoEs are factored... Ugh, I don't know how to say it in English... Embarassed But, for example, only jumps ranging from 2A to 3Lz and lvl4 footwork get the average of the judges scores. Easier jumps and non-jump elements get less and 3A/quads get more. The exact amount of points should be listed in the newest ISU Communication regarding the scoring of the elements.

ETA: Here's the link: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=934

Thanks inskate! I was thinking something along those lines but I'd never heard anything about it so I wasn't sure. Thank you! for clarifying!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Good job Jeremy and Dai! Very Happy It was sad seeing Denis bomb in the FS - I certainly hope he can start upping his consistency later on in the season.

PatChan, PatChan, PatChan... Sweatdrop I'm never going to understand why he (and CBC) have the need to incessantly repeat about him not needing the quad and stating it as though it is the "smart" thing to do - it just reads like a bad inferiority complex to me. That and all this talk about his superior transitions. I personally think he should spend more time trying to get his 3A back (especially when his 3A had a rather subpar success rate even prior to the injury) but I guess his team and CBC are enjoying his status as a "frontrunner for the gold" and as a bold, "outspoken" athlete. With Tono, Dai, Jeremy, BriJou, Stephane, Evan, Johnny (!) and of course Plushy looking pretty good this season he really needs to stop feeding the media.

Ladies are currently going on and Akiko is hanging on to 1st after a not-very-good skate. And my goodness, this has been an awful competition for CaroZ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Well, ladies just ended~

I loved how they showed Alissa during Joannie's K&C trying to get a worried or upset expression from her, but she was all smiles Very Happy

Alissa was so graceful, and I must admit, deep in my heart of hearts I wanted her to win--but Joannie deserved it! Her choreography is just super intricate in this program, but it seems like there's so much that she gets away from the music a little bit

I felt the worst though, watching Caroline. She's so talented and this competition has not been reflective at all of what she is capable of. pale
When she started crying I almost did myself...Sad, Lonely

EDIT: Oops, I meant Laura instead of Mirai >_<
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Is it just me or is something really... underwhelming about Akiko's PCS at this competition? They gave her 2 points less in the short and 9!! points less than at CoC in the FS. I know we always say that a bad skate should be reflected in the program components, but since the judges usually ignore that rule, I was expecting her to get at least over 50... lower than usual but still within range. What's with that 46?? She barely got more than Phaneuf, who fell FOUR times!

Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:59 pm

chiyori wrote:
Is it just me or is something really... underwhelming about Akiko's PCS at this competition? They gave her 2 points less in the short and 9!! points less than at CoC in the FS. I know we always say that a bad skate should be reflected in the program components, but since the judges usually ignore that rule, I was expecting her to get at least over 50... lower than usual but still within range. What's with that 46?? She barely got more than Phaneuf, who fell FOUR times!

PCS of Akiko, Mirai and Caroline are just too low for me. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:08 pm

coconut wrote:
chiyori wrote:

I agree with you! Joannie's PCS tonight were a bit scary, TBH. affraid Someone gave her a 9 in the PCS. I mean, come on... even Joannie wasn't happy for that performance and she wasn't her usual expressive self. I don't mind high PCS for the best in the world when they skate their best, but 9s for that? Yuna didn't even get 9s for her performance last week (nor should she have), which was on par with Joannie's today.

Akiko was robbed of good PCS, but I'm too overjoyed by her making the final to care right now! Laugh YAY AKIKO!!!! Confetti

Also, I know it's a small note to make, but Mao is listed as an alternate for the GPF. It's just nice to see her name on the list somewhere. Love Hearts

Last edited by Liffey on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:10 pm

chiyori wrote:
I know we always say that a bad skate should be reflected in the program components, but since the judges usually ignore that rule, I was expecting her to get at least over 50... lower than usual but still within range. What's with that 46?? She barely got more than Phaneuf, who fell FOUR times!

Agreed - the PCS for the free is particularly bad. 46 is on par with Kanako (still my favorite junior lady out there by far!) who is on the junior ranks for crying out loud. Faint2
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Liffey wrote:
coconut wrote:
chiyori wrote:

I agree with you! Joannie's PCS tonight were a bit scary, TBH. affraid Someone gave her a 9 in the PCS. I mean, come on... even Joannie wasn't happy for that performance and she wasn't her usual expressive self.

Akiko was robbed of good PCS, but I'm too overjoyed by her making the final to care right now! Laugh YAY AKIKO!!!! Confetti

Also, I know it's a small note to make, but Mao is listed as an alternate for the GPF. It's just nice to see her name on the list somewhere. Love Hearts

I'm really happy she made the Final too! I'm just a little worried that this kind of judging will stick for the rest of the season. I just don't get why the gold medalist from a previous GP was so horribly robbed. Anyway, nothing I can do about it but hope that she rocks it with Miki at the GPF!!
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:28 pm

chiyori wrote:
Liffey wrote:
coconut wrote:
chiyori wrote:

I agree with you! Joannie's PCS tonight were a bit scary, TBH. affraid Someone gave her a 9 in the PCS. I mean, come on... even Joannie wasn't happy for that performance and she wasn't her usual expressive self.

I'm really happy she made the Final too! I'm just a little worried that this kind of judging will stick for the rest of the season. I just don't get why the gold medalist from a previous GP was so horribly robbed. Anyway, nothing I can do about it but hope that she rocks it with Miki at the GPF!!

As far as the judging goes this season, I've decided to permenantly go to my "happy place" in my mind and never get too worked up over it. ROTFLMAO There's nothing I can do about it, so why bother? Skating I think is plagued and will always be plagued by biased judging, unfortunately.

And I really like the field for the GPF. Smile Yuna, Joannie, Miki, Alena, Ashley, and Akiko. I like all of them! It's a shame Mao won't be there, but it would be really fun if she commentated on it with Shizuka and Midori. ROTFLMAO

And yes, I know that won't happen because she's still competing with those girls at the Olympics and it would be weird to commentate, but that's just my own little wish to see Mao at the GPF in some way! Too sweet! Maybe she could be the backstage interviewer? Razz
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm so glad to read that Dai and Jeremy skated very well. But I'm kinda sad on Denis' FS. And got even more surprised to see Chan's 3.00 deduction. I was told he fell 3x. And Dai won w/o a quad.

Interesting! So a program w/o quad can still score high over a program with one. Lysacek and Oda over Plushy's. Dai over Joubert's. Jeremy's FS score beat Plushy's at RUS and Joubert's at NHK.

Hoping vids will be uploaded soon so I can finally watch.

Liffey wrote:

Liffey wrote:
And yes, I know that won't happen because she's still competing with those girls at the Olympics and it would be weird to commentate, but that's just my own little wish to see Mao at the GPF in some way! Maybe she could be the backstage interviewer?

Liffey, I'm glad Mao is an alternate, too. But does it mean Rachael has 1st priority followed by Alissa? I was actually thinking earlier that if one withdraws and then Rachael and Alissa won't make it on time to Japan, Mao can still compete. Razz Haha! I'm still hoping Mao can participate in the GPF so she can defend her title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 pm

roma wrote:
I'm so glad to read that Dai and Jeremy skated very well. But I'm kinda sad on Denis' FS. And got even more surprised to see Chan's 3.00 deduction. I was told he fell 3x. And Dai won w/o a quad.

Interesting! So a program w/o quad can still score high over a program with one. Lysacek and Oda over Plushy's. Dai over Joubert's. Jeremy's FS score beat Plushy's at RUS and Joubert's at NHK.

Hoping vids will be uploaded soon so I can finally watch.

Liffey wrote:

Liffey wrote:
And yes, I know that won't happen because she's still competing with those girls at the Olympics and it would be weird to commentate, but that's just my own little wish to see Mao at the GPF in some way! Maybe she could be the backstage interviewer?

Liffey, I'm glad Mao is an alternate, too. But does it mean Rachael has 1st priority followed by Alissa? I was actually thinking earlier that if one withdraws and then Rachael and Alissa won't make it on time to Japan, Mao can still compete. Razz Haha! I'm still hoping Mao can participate in the GPF so she can defend her title.

Sad I didn't realize she was third on the list. But I love your scenario! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada   Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next