Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US Nationals

Go down 
+17
☆Genie
chapis
Haidogirl
polosatik
illani
MikiAndoFan#1
roma
clovera
Batsuchan
maowataiyo
coconut
mingming
chineseteacup
bellarina
MaoMaoRevolution
bibi
Star85
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

US Nationals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:56 pm

polosatik wrote:
Sasha's SP run-through from two different angles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYBdJBSf2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTan27dC6BU

Thanks polosatic! I was just looking for a practice clip from her a little while ago, but I guess this wasn't up yet. I really like this program. She looks good, except for the fall. You gotta wonder if she's going to be landing her jumps in competition now any better than she did before... can't wait to find out! Even if she doesn't land them all, I wouldn't be surprised if the judges are kind to her.

There sure were a lot of people there...
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:17 am

polosatik wrote:
Sasha's SP run-through from two different angles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYBdJBSf2I
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTan27dC6BU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTan27dC6BU[/quote[/url]]

Thank you very much! <33 I always enjoy watching her skating and she is very good in my opinion! US Nationals - Page 2 113920 But the fall looked very painful US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_neutral I hope she can win this event!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Great minds think alike, don't they?
And we have a lot of them in this forum! Yep!
I'm quite excited to see Sasha skate competitively again especially since I was one of those folks who feared she'll be a no-show at Nats. Sweatdrop Good luck to her and the rest of the ladies! Happy dance
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Ladies have officially taken the ice!! Confetti
Cheering Drama! Happy dance Boogie Dance
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I am severely sleep deprived by this point in the competition, but there's a little voice inside (well a big one) and it's the die-hard fan telling me to stay up and watch this no matter what. Cheering
Unconscious
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 pm

haha just like me Razz

Mirai into first with 70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:04 am

Brilliant event for the top 3 ladies today! cat I'm bummed to see CaroZ so far back though after the SP...

1 Mirai Nagasu, Pasadena FSC 70.06 40.20 29.86 7.43 7.07 7.75 7.57 7.50 0.00 #7
2 Sasha Cohen, Orange County FSC 69.63 39.26 30.37 7.61 7.14 7.96 7.57 7.68 0.00 #15
3 Rachael Flatt, Broadmoor SC 69.35 39.39 29.96 7.39 7.18 7.68 7.57 7.64 0.00 #3
4 Ashley Wagner, SC of Wilmington Inc 62.55 34.68 28.87 7.39 6.96 7.14 7.39 7.21 1.00 #23
5 Christina Gao, Northern Kentucky SC 56.26 32.71 23.55 6.04 5.61 5.96 6.04 5.79 0.00 #6
6 Amanda Dobbs, Peninsula SC 56.11 31.83 24.28 6.29 5.64 6.18 6.14 6.11 0.00 #12
7 Alissa Czisny, Detroit SC 54.18 27.34 27.84 7.29 6.61 6.71 7.11 7.07 1.00 #4
8 Emily Hughes, SC of New York Inc 53.75 28.75 25.00 6.61 5.75 6.50 6.18 6.21 0.00 #18
9 Alexe Gilles, Broadmoor SC 53.54 29.97 23.57 5.96 5.54 5.96 6.07 5.93 0.00 #9
10 Beatrisa Liang, All Year FSC 51.98 27.68 25.30 6.39 5.89 6.39 6.43 6.54 1.00 #17
11 Caroline Zhang, All Year FSC 49.94 25.74 25.20 6.39 6.00 6.25 6.61 6.25 1.00 #11
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:10 am

Wow, what happened to Charoline?
But still Sasha has the chance to win ne! Very close 2nd yet! *exited* US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_cat
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 am

I'm so happy for Sasha and Mirai! And so, so proud of Sasha! What a comeback after such a long hiatus from competitive skating!

Good luck to the ladies for their LP!
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:49 am

Youtube video of Sasha's SP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOlKBcR6Xuo

Beautiful spirals, great speed and a gorgeous I-spin at the end of the program. Seems like Sasha is back!
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 am

I promised don`t watch her after her behavior the past months, but I will break my promise Laughing Embarassed , is very encourage of her to be competing at nat after 3 years.
Actually I am super happy for Mirai cheers , more than Sasha. but I am afraid for Rachel always do it so well in the lp, and sorry, I don`t like her skating, and poor Caroline Sad , but I don`t lose the hopes for her, she is only 16yrs old.

sorry my english
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am

heartbroken for caroline but happy for mirai.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Wow, Mirai did great! I hope she can skate like that consitantly from now on. I was hoping either her or Caroline would make it to the olympics along with Sasha, and it looks like she might!

Sasha did great for her first competition in 4 years. She looks like she can use a few more warm up competitions before the olympics though if she wants any hope of winning the gold there - or any medal for that matter. I wonder if she will go to 4C if she makes it onto the olympics team? I LOVE her program, and of course, I really enjoyed her skating. I really hope she makes it onto the team. I know if she does, she will continue to improve even more before the olympics.

I was pretty pissed that they didn't even air Mirai, or Rachels programs last night! This is the downside to live broadcasts I guess. We didn't even get to see the winner's program! At least I found both their programs on YT. If you haven't seen them yet, I suggest you go watch them before someone flags them. I looked for Caroline's, and Alissa's programs too (which also did not get aired on tv), but there is nothing up for them. Not yet anyway. Speaking of them, what happened?! They were two of my favorites for this competition! Especially Caroline Sad

I also thought Emily Hues did really good, and was kind of surprised her score wasn't higher. She's not one of my favorite skaters, but I still think she did great last night.

Oh, and I really liked Kristiene Gong. She is one to watch for the future I think. Not only did I find her skating great, but it had a kind of beauty to it that really relaxed me. That's kind of a rare thing that most skaters do don't for me. Most of them make me tense up, hoping they don't mess up. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:26 pm

I am ecstatic for Mirai! She's my favorite US skater, and I'm THRILLED she was able to skate so well! Everything was amazing- the jumps, spins, spiral, and step sequence, and the whole program was filled with passion and joy and so much confidence. It was an absolute pleasure to watch. I just hope she keeps her nerves together for the long program- she can win this thing if she does. I'm crossing my fingers that her jumps won't be underrotated (though this tech caller seems pretty generous)- her landings in the SP were so solid that people are saying she's improved her technique. I want her to be on the Olympic team so, so badly.

Rachael and Sasha I think did well, though I disagree with some aspects of their scores. We'll see how Sasha holds up during the LP, but I think Rachael is pretty much a sure bet right now- not only is she very consistent, but it seems the USFSA really wants her on the team. The question mark is the second spot (ugh, I wish we had three spots).

I have no idea if this is region-blocked, but you can find high quality videos of the programs on the NBC Olympics site (http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html)- the youtube ones are pretty bad quality.
Back to top Go down
chelseamarie

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:40 am

i'm so happy for Mirai and Sasha! i hope Caroline can pull it together for the long. the long program should be a nail biter!
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:59 am

Great come back of Sasha! She is still gorgeous cheers
Mao is a fan of her.. I don't know if she saw her SP or not, but I think her comeback will make a good effect on Mao Love
and YAY for Mirai! I love her smile Happy dance
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Star85 wrote:

I was pretty pissed that they didn't even air Mirai, or Rachels programs last night! This is the downside to live broadcasts I guess. We didn't even get to see the winner's program! At least I found both their programs on YT. If you haven't seen them yet, I suggest you go watch them before someone flags them. I looked for Caroline's, and Alissa's programs too (which also did not get aired on tv), but there is nothing up for them. Not yet anyway. Speaking of them, what happened?! They were two of my favorites for this competition! Especially Caroline Sad

NBC showed them before the ice dancers this morning (hope you caught it). Smile

Alissa fell on her 3 Lutz, thus missing her combo. She also doubled the flip. Otherwise, her skating was beautiful, as always. The music suits her and I absolutely loved the costume! I felt so bad for her, but I wish her all the best for the free skate.

Caroline turned out of the 3 Flip in her combo, and tacked a 2 toe on the end. Then she fell on the 3 loop. Again, heartbreaking. Depressed Crying But her spiral and spin positions are beyond gorgeous.

Did Christina Gao remind anyone else of Yu-Na? I guess that's to be expected, given that Orser's her coach and she trains with Yu-Na...not to mention that she is her idol. Something about her posture and particularly the way she goes into her jumps just reminded me so strongly of Yu-Na.

I'm hoping Mirai and Sasha skate well in the LP and make the team! cheers
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:51 pm

NBC broadcast coming right up! I love you

ETA: I completely forgot the broadcast is only live for those on the East Coast. Boo... Lips sealed
Good thing there's the justinTV feed. Laugh
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Where can I watch the LP online, besides Ice Network?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Where can I watch the LP online, besides Ice Network?
IN won't upload the FS until Tuesday, MikiAndoFan#1. Unconscious

Only NBC (and limited to the East Coast too) has it LIVE. There's a few justinTV feeds that streams from NBC stations in the East Coast, but there's a ton of ppl watching so you have to keep refreshing every 10 seconds or so. Yep, Sadly

For those who are still interested, here is the link to one of them:
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-nbc.html
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:21 pm

clovera wrote:

Oh!

Embarassed

clovera wrote:
Only NBC (and limited to the East Coast too) has it LIVE. There's a few justinTV feeds that streams from NBC stations in the East Coast, but there's a ton of ppl watching so you have to keep refreshing every 10 seconds or so. Yep, Sadly

Thanks!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:40 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
clovera wrote:

Oh!

Embarassed

clovera wrote:

Thanks!

Cheering

I've had no problems at all with this feed so far... And I have a really slow connection.

...but Rachel is skating now, so only Mirai left to go...
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, Rachael got this in the bag. The second spot is going to be a battle between Mirai and Ashley... Drama!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:43 pm

clovera wrote:
Well, Rachael got this in the bag. The second spot is going to be a battle between Mirai and Ashley, skaters I both like... Drama!

That was awesome from Rachael... but I still want Mirai to blow the roof off!!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:48 pm

So far so good. You can do this Mirai! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Nationals   US Nationals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Nationals
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next