Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Empty
PostSubject: Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters   Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 am

I didn't really want to make a whole new topic just for this article, but I didn't really know where else to put it. The moderators are welcome to move this post.

I came across this article. Morozov has some interesting, and bold things to say in it. For one, he says American and Europeans want to "talk to the plants"... Question Ok... lol!

The article also says "Russia has "three unbelievable young girls" now in their early teens who are too young to be eligible to compete in the Olympics. They can land several triple-triple combinations in a programme, he said, adding that Russia's figure skating federation was "working 24 hours a day" to cultivate young talent ahead of the 2014 winter Olympics in Sochi. "If you send them to the Olympics, they'll beat Mao, Yu-Na and Miki," Morozov said, without naming the Russians."

This is a very VERY bold statement. Especially that last sentence (and saying specifically that they will beat his own skater!)! But if they can really land several triple triple combos in one program, and they're really as good as he's making them out to be, then WOW Yikes!!!..

Here's the link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100116/sp_wl_afp/oly2010fskatejpnrusasiamorozov
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters   Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 am

That is an extremely bold statement, especially since you can't really tell how much puberty/growing up will affect skaters, girls more than anyone else. There are many skaters who were very promising juniors but never really made it as seniors. There's a good chance that they will be very good skaters, but nobody can tell if they will still land numerous 3-3 once they reach their mid- to late teens.

I wish them (whoever they are though I have an idea) all the best though!! We could use a little more challenge from the European ladies in the future. I'm sure Mao would love to keep being pushed to new heights during the next Olympic cycle. I think that's what she is about. Cheering
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters   Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 pm

So you think, Mao will not retire after this? I really hope so!

To the article: I really agree with you! Especially female skaters have problems when they grow, they have to learn all again or kind of! While reading i started to believe he want to have the russian domination back only because he is a russian! Suspect
And i think, he should be a little more polite, he shouldnt talk about how awesome russian junios are, only because he know everything in russia! There are lots of other juniors from other countries too that are great! Best example is Kanako Murakami in my opinion! It seems in Japan is in every generation at least one great talent! cat
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters   Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Haidogirl wrote:

Mao has talked about how she plans to keep competing after the olympics Wink
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters   Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:46 pm

To be honest I'm quite suprised because Kolya always praised japanese skaters not russian, finally I see some patriotism from him ROTFLMAO Lisa is just an outstanding skater, her technique is better then Kanako's and many others. She's so mature for her edge, her Jackson exhibition is to die for Love Dance
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters   Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Star85 wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

Mao has talked about how she plans to keep competing after the olympics Wink

Like after Nationals, how she said she wanted to be the ten-time champion Wub !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters   Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting article about Asian and Russian skaters
Page 1 of 1