Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2010

Go down 
+72
SAKURA
fam
ClairDeMao
mika
noir
gagul_love
jkblues
Mirai
iceskatingfan
sweetdream
maopansada
Adriana
mash5
sunnygirl
darlingdaydream
goldmao
freesia
Mia
cera
will_power
jeanettetan
sarah
Lady_in_black
ccc
summervie
Artistry
snowdrops24
illani
purplemaze
Oscilla
inskate
petit diable
yuki
PochinkoPotanko
Maya
coconut
maowataiyo
maochan
peachbibby
e2girl
supportmaoasada
Aibhlin
sofia
kirakira
kaarolcia
josling
MOACHANTHEBEST
dlnnyc
polosatik
kawaiimao
roma
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
alessandra
huagon
chiyori
aoi88
tianrushui
mingming
BowbowDaijin
bellarina
MaoMaoRevolution
coolmeia
ddmm
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
alyssa
sapphiresky
Liffey
Star85
bibi
☆Genie
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:37 am

bibi wrote:
Quote :
And because of many media are going
to invite Mao to everywhere as Silver Medalist, so I'm quite worried about her
time for practice.

I think Mao had one BIG day of interviews and media right after she came back to japan. That's why we saw many interviews, but I think they were all from the same day. So, she only lost like one day of practices. THat's not too bad!

Yeah but she then went to her uni and some other interviews in Nagoya and so on. She might also do some CM and called here and there (we see her in magazines).
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 am

bellarina wrote:
ddmm, next time I'm in Korea, we need to meet and bond over how awesome Mao is (extremely loudly in a public place, too! Laugh)

As for Worlds, I feel it's going to be extremely anticlimactic, especially since it's Olympic season (funny how most years, Worlds is so utterly important, but the Olympics really puts it into perspective), and after the scoring at the Olympics. So what I want more than anything is for Mao to have her two perfect performances. I don't care about the placements- it's pretty obvious how it's going to end up. I just want her to achieve her goal and go clean in both programs. I too want her to be able to rest, but I think Mao will be much more satisfied finishing the season with performances she's proud of, instead of leaving it on her Olympics LP. (Not that she shouldn't be immensely proud of herself with how she did at the Olympics, but we all know she's a perfectionist at heart!)

Go Mao!! Cheering

Oh~yes !!! it willl be my first time talking about Mao in a public place here. I usually pretend not knowing anything about figure skating to avoid harassment from yuna fans ! (don't take me wrong, doesn't mean I don't like this country. I actually like this country and the people in general. It's just the uber yuna fans and SBS that are too much for me).
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Johnny Weir has withdrawn from Worlds... Yep, Sadly He's been going to a lot of parties recently and I sort of expected this, but it's sad not to see him at worlds. I think he might end up retiring.

But in his place, we get Adam Rippon! cheers Love him! Love Hearts

And just in case you need a good reason to love Adam (other than his beautifully smooth skating), look what he wrote on Jeff Buttle's arm:

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/adamrippon/photos/09theice/5.html

cat
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Liffey wrote:
Johnny Weir has withdrawn from Worlds... Yep, Sadly He's been going to a lot of parties recently and I sort of expected this, but it's sad not to see him at worlds. I think he might end up retiring.

But in his place, we get Adam Rippon! cheers Love him! Love Hearts

And just in case you need a good reason to love Adam (other than his beautifully smooth skating), look what he wrote on Jeff Buttle's arm:

cat
Haha, I always thought it was written by Akiko Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 pm

Liffey wrote:

cat

Many Hearts

I think Akiko wrote the Japanese version!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 pm

I agree with you guys. The Olympics confirmed my fear that Mao can't beat Yuna anytime soon unless Yuna completely falls appart (and yes, I mean completely. She would still probably win even if she made some mistakes.). I think it would be a miracle for Mao to win worlds this year. Of course, I will never lose that hope though. I just want Mao to skate her best, and do both programs clean. She must not worry about winning this time. Next season however, I think it will be a different story.

That's sad that Johnny won't be there! I expect him to retire. Geez, I hope Joannie, and Carolina make it too! A worlds withough out, Johnny, Joannie, Carolina, AND Evan, and who knows who else, will be strange, and sad.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Maybe it may be nice if Mao can use it as a chance to test out some new jumps? I think Mao should not think too much about Worlds this year. It should just be a step for next season cat

But also I think if Mao manages to skate really well and win the competition, even if it's also partly due to Kim making mistakes, the tide may turn in Mao's favor again, just like the tide turned in Kim's favor when she won in 2009 when Mao made mistakes in her programs.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 am

Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Looks like Joannie is out.

Depressed Crying

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00006954.htm

I feared that... They were saying on the news yesterday that she has been having problems sleeping and that she didn't want to go to Worlds if she couldn't be at the top of her form, thus be a contender for the podium.

It's sad that she won't be competing, but she has to put herself first. Hope to see you next season Joanie! flower
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:23 am

It can't be helped. Joannie went through so much this Olys and she deserves some much needed rest. I hope she takes it easy and come back refreshed and focused. Yep!

I'm a bit concerned with how things are turning out for some of the Euro skaters - I haven't heard any updates regarding BriJou and his supposed test skate to convince the French fed to send him to Worlds, and CaroK appears to be receiving some backlash as well from the Italian fed regarding financial support and coaching. Sad
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:01 am

I am actually kind of glad Joannie's taking a competitive break from Worlds. She's already proved she's at the top and can skate under any kind of feelings and pressure. Like clovera and chiyori said, I think it's really great that she's going to take a rest for now to revel in her Olympic medal Smile
Back to top Go down
huagon

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:47 am

I don't understand everyone's reasoning on why Mao is incapable of beating Yuna right now. If it wasn't for those two mistakes it would have been an extremely close score. Yuna's 5 point edge against Mao in the short program was a result of subjectivity that could have gone either away with a different set of judges or even the same set of judges on a different day.

Even if Mao's jumps aren't attaining the points they're worth, she could easily change her program to match Yuna's. There is nothing Yuna can do that Mao can't, but it doesn't work the other way.

If Mao could learn to skate to the system she can break Yuna's scores as long as she skates to her potential.
Back to top Go down
alessandra

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm

I was hoping Mao wouldn't go to the world championships this year because it's obvious who's gonna win.I think it's ridiculous that even if Yuna makes mistakes she'll still win.I wonder if it's ever gonna change?
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 pm

huagon wrote:
I don't understand everyone's reasoning on why Mao is incapable of beating Yuna right now. If it wasn't for those two mistakes it would have been an extremely close score. Yuna's 5 point edge against Mao in the short program was a result of subjectivity that could have gone either away with a different set of judges or even the same set of judges on a different day.

I think the key point is the phrase 'right now.'

Do I think that Mao Asada is the best skater in the world? YES!

Do I think that Mao Asada can beat Yu-Na Kim in the future? OH, DEFINITELY!

But right now? With the judges and the skating community (and even us fans, to some extent) not really loving Mao's programs?

No, I think it will be extremely difficult for Mao to beat Yu-Na at 2010 Worlds. Even if we add 10 points to Mao's FS score for the downgraded 3F and the missed 3T and some missing PCS, that would still only get her to 140, which would be about 15 points shy of Yu-Na's total score.

Based on that score differential, Yu-Na could basically skip 3 jumping passes, or heck, even FALL on 3 jumping passes and STILL win.

And I don't see the judges removing their bias at Worlds; I don't think they're going to take the wind out of the Olympic champion's sails.

BUT next season, who knows? Yu-Na may retire; or even if not, Mao might embrace her inner ballerina and remind the judges that SHE'S the best and the most beautiful on the ice!

alessandra does raise a good point about why bother going to Worlds...though I think Mao definitely wants another chance to do "Bells" perfectly. And second--does it affect GP seedings or slots at Worlds for next season?

Someone know the rules on this? Question Is it the placement at the Olympics or Worlds that will determine the seeding for GP (normally top 3 at Worlds get to choose their GP events)? And what about for the number of slots?

Because if Worlds is the one that determines it, then Mao should go because a) she wants to get good GP seeding, and b) she needs to help Japan hang on to 3 spots for the ladies... Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm pretty sure that the Japanese ladies will be able to get 3 spots.And I'm sure Mao will try her hardest. But i'm not sure if she'll win. It's pretty much YuNa's to lose.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 pm

I think Mao could have gotten between 140-145 for a clean LP. She will still be around 10 points away from the lead. As of now, it's a tough battle for Mao, but I hope she does her best. Cheering
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:33 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Someone know the rules on this? Question Is it the placement at the Olympics or Worlds that will determine the seeding for GP (normally top 3 at Worlds get to choose their GP events)? And what about for the number of slots?
It's Worlds, not Olys, that decides the GP seeding (top 6 finishers are seeded) and slots for next year's Worlds so it's just as you posted, Batsuchan. Yep! The top 12 at Worlds will be given first priority in receiving two events for next season's GP series as well.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 am

After working so hard on such a complex program all season, it makes sense that Mao would want to give a performance of 'Bells' that she's satisfied with. She was so happy when she gave a perfect performance of 'Masquerade' as her LP at WTT last season. I think it's the same for Worlds this year Yep!.

Go Mao! Cheering
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:19 am

I totally agree with chineseteacup. With the scoring now I think it's impossible for a clean Mao to beat a clean Yuna (in scores). But scores don't matter now. I just want Mao's season to end with her having performed Bells in a way that she's really satisfied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 pm

huagon wrote:

Well, because unfortunately I'm not buying this at all and believe me I'd very much like to. Even if Mao went clean she wouldn't be anywhere near Yu-Na and I don't think it could have gone either way. The judges made it pretty clear who they wanted as the Olympic champion and that they wouldn't let Mao win no matter what.

huagon wrote:
Even if Mao's jumps aren't attaining the points they're worth, she could easily change her program to match Yuna's. There is nothing Yuna can do that Mao can't, but it doesn't work the other way.

As Batsuchan said, it's all about "right now". Mao can't change her programs right now and she also doesn't have a 3-3, 3 lutz or 3 salchow right now.

I don't even know what I think about Mao attending the Worlds.
I just hope everything works out the best for her and that she has a wonderful new season no matter what happens there.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 pm

I just want Mao to give two performances at Worlds which she can be proud of. I believe in you Mao! Love
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:38 pm

mao needs to perform at worlds and be on the podium this year. she needs to for her own sake and to keep herself in the top rankings and in the top most minds of the judges.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:45 pm

clovera wrote:
It's Worlds, not Olys, that decides the GP seeding (top 6 finishers are seeded) and slots for next year's Worlds so it's just as you posted, Batsuchan. Yep! The top 12 at Worlds will be given first priority in receiving two events for next season's GP series as well.

Thanks clovera! World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_cheers

So what happens to the people who don't go to Worlds (like Joannie)? They don't get seeded? But I guess their federations can choose to enter them in two competitions anyway? Question
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:54 am

Batsuchan wrote:
So what happens to the people who don't go to Worlds (like Joannie)? They don't get seeded? But I guess their federations can choose to enter them in two competitions anyway? Question
There's a laundry list of priority-based entries after the spots are given to the seeded skaters and top finishers at Worlds. The ISU's Grand Prix announcement http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1446 does a better job explaining this, but in a nutshell:

Like a Star @ heaven ISU ranks and season's best scores play an important role in getting high priority for GP assignments
Like a Star @ heaven Medalists at the Junior Worlds and JGPF are included in the selection process, and upcoming senior skaters are guaranteed one event
Like a Star @ heaven Host ISU members can also select additional skaters if there are vacant spots after seeding/inviting skaters based on the above criteria

In Joannie's case, her season's best + ISU World Standing should be more than enough to give her two GP assignments if she does choose to compete next season. She just won't be seeded, unless a skater from the top 6 at this year's Worlds decides to retire or not compete the following season (she'll will most likely receive that skater's seed due to Joannie's high ISU rank and season's best score). Yep!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:22 am

Does anyone know when Mao will arrive to Torino? Any new on her preparation?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2010
Page 2 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next