Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010

Go down 
+32
SAKURA
hirahira
bibi
coconut
chapis
PochinkoPotanko
Oscilla
sofia
inskate
Yunamao
imantrybes
snowdrops24
sapphiresky
ddmm
MaoMaoRevolution
tianrushui
aoi88
kawaiimao
polosatik
roma
bellarina
clovera
kirakira
Batsuchan
mingming
☆Genie
Star85
alyssa
MikiAndoFan#1
chiyori
jkblues
maochan
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:17 am

kirakira wrote:
http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2010/04/08/0002852574.shtml

Mao, Dai-chan, Joannie and Kurt! cheers
They all look great! Love Great to see Joannie smiling!
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:06 am

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:52 am

Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 am

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 am

kirakira wrote:
SOI rehearsal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu3whrnxpDs

3A and 3-3!! WOW! WOW!
Thanks for sharing, kirakira! Boogie Yes! Really good to see Mao doing 3-3 again. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 am

kirakira wrote:
SOI rehearsal

3A and 3-3!! WOW! WOW!
Triple flip-triple loop! Boogie
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 pm

kirakira wrote:
SOI rehearsal

3A and 3-3!! WOW! WOW!

YES! See guys?! Our girl know exactly what she needs to do. She's already all over it!

I wonder if she's been practing it all this time that it's been absent from her programs... It sure looks lilke she's been practicing it.

Was she saying anything important in the video? Also, can someone refresh my memory - What is Mao's 3-3 base value worth?
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Star85 wrote:
kirakira wrote:
SOI rehearsal

3A and 3-3!! WOW! WOW!

YES! See guys?! Our girl know exactly what she needs to do. She's already all over it!

I wonder if she's been practing it all this time that it's been absent from her programs... It sure looks lilke she's been practicing it.

Was she saying anything important in the video? Also, can someone refresh my memory - What is Mao's 3-3 base value worth?

I think the 3F-3L is worth 10.5... 5.5 for 3F and 5 for 3L.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:11 pm

chiyori wrote:
Star85 wrote:
kirakira wrote:
SOI rehearsal

3A and 3-3!! WOW! WOW!

I think the 3F-3L is worth 10.5... 5.5 for 3F and 5 for 3L.

Whao. Isn't Yuna's combo only worth 9.something?
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:16 pm

YuNa's combination is worth 10.00
Mao's combination is worth 10.50.

If she can do triple axel out of steps and 3-3, she will have a base value clearly higher and more superior than YuNa by 4 points.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Or if they do change the rule for the 2A (I highly doubt they will but we can dream) and Mao gets confidence in her 3Lz again, she could do 3A, 3F-3L and 3Lz out of steps!!!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:39 pm

☆Genie wrote:

If she can do triple axel out of steps and 3-3, she will have a base value clearly higher and more superior than YuNa by 4 points.

affraid Why did she ever stop doing her combo again!?... haha
I didn't realize Mao's combo was worth so much! This is pretty exciting that she has it back again already!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Star85 wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

I didn't realize Mao's combo was worth so much! This is pretty exciting that she has it back again already!

I think she never stopped practicing it. The issue with the SP was that her solo jump out of steps had to be a 3Lz and she wasn't confident enough in that jump once she started fixing the edge. If I remember well, there were videos of her in like September or something where she was doing a very crisp 3F-3L-2L. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:54 pm

chiyori wrote:
Star85 wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

I think she never stopped practicing it. The issue with the SP was that her solo jump out of steps had to be a 3Lz and she wasn't confident enough in that jump once she started fixing the edge. If I remember well, there were videos of her in like September or something where she was doing a very crisp 3F-3L-2L. Cloud 9
Yes, that combination was amazing. But she tried to do too much at a time, and had to go to 3a. I think if she paces slowly and fixes her lutz she will be successful in Sochi.
3a, 3lz, and 3f-3l would give her a base value of 24.7 points.
2a,3lz-3, and 3f would only be 19 points
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:55 pm

chiyori wrote:
Star85 wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

No, it certainly doesn't look like she ever stopped practicing it.
That SP rule is STUPID (or is there actually some valid reason for that? Am I the stupid one? lol.)
3F-3L-2L?! WOW! I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to jumps, but that sounds like a pretty difficult combo!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Star85 wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Star85 wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

That SP rule is STUPID (or is there actually some valid reason for that? Am I the stupid one? lol.)
3F-3L-2L?! WOW! I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to jumps, but that sounds like a pretty difficult combo!

I think they implanted that rule because nobody does the triple axel consistently or even attempts it other than Mao at the momeny. If more women tries triple axels than they might change it. If they change the rule, only Mao will benefit and you know *who* would be complaining.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:14 pm

☆Genie wrote:
Star85 wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Star85 wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

I think they implanted that rule because nobody does the triple axel consistently or even attempts it other than Mao at the momeny. If more women tries triple axels than they might change it. If they change the rule, only Mao will benefit and you know *who* would be complaining.

I don't remember where I read this (probably on GS), but someone commented that restricting ladies from trying a 3A instead of a 2A in the SP would be the equivalant of telling someone at American Idol that he/she couldn't sing a particular song because none of the other contestants could hit those kinds of notes and it would give him/her an unfair advantage... I was for the 3A, of course, but seeing it that way just convinces me even more. Why would you want to restrict skaters from doing high level elements? To be fair to the others who can't do them? That's an utterly baseless argument.
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:53 pm

☆Genie wrote:

How many ladies are landing 3lz-3t or 3f-3t? Let's ban them too and restrict the required combination to 3-2 then! Rolling Eyes
Stupid rules! Mad
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:59 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

How many ladies are landing 3lz-3t or 3f-3t? Let's ban them too and restrict the required combination to 3-2 then! Rolling Eyes
Stupid rules! Mad

Hm... the arguements made on this board have changed my perspective on this issue, I now believe that this rule should be implanted next season to allow skaters to develop their diversity in jumps Smile!
In another note - it seems like Mao has more flow out of her jumps!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Nice to see Mao's 3-3 again cheers

Btw, can someone enlighten me on what is considered a good sit spin? I've been noticing that Mao goes down more in her sit spins now than before. However, they seem more centered and since she's getting better GOE's on them, does this mean a lower position is better? scratch
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 pm

^ yes it does, but maybe it's the speed and the amount of rotations.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:07 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Nice to see Mao's 3-3 again cheers

Btw, can someone enlighten me on what is considered a good sit spin? I've been noticing that Mao goes down more in her sit spins now than before. However, they seem more centered and since she's getting better GOE's on them, does this mean a lower position is better? scratch
I think in sit spin it is the lower the better.
And you could compare Mao's sit spin in 06-07 to the one she does after 07. In 07 summer,the rule was changed. What Mao did before would not be regarded as sit spin because it is not low enough. The angel between thigh and crus should be less than 90 degree.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:29 pm

3F-3Lo back already???? WOW!!!!
Now if she sticks to one 3A (no combination) and a 3-3 in her FS, it's surely gonna get her more points than her current layout. She did it in the past, she can do it again!

kawaiimao wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

Stupid rules! Mad

That's it, kawaiimao. I was also against this change, since I thought it would be unfair, but after talking to some ppl, and pondering about all these things, I'm now totally up for that. We can say the same about quads, I mean, how many men can perform it perfectly and regularly? There must be rules, of course, like number of elements in a program, but skaters must be allowed to do what they are capable of.

I'm just concerned that 3F-3Lo, 3Lz and 3A in a same SP may be too much for Mao. Well, since I don't believe the rule's gonna be approved anyway... Rolling Eyes

I have a question. Is the 3A out of steps allowed in the SP? I was talking to a friend, and we're not sure about it. scratch Mao struggled a bit with it in 2006-07, I wonder if she can bring it back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

alyssa wrote:
3F-3Lo back already???? WOW!!!!
Now if she sticks to one 3A (no combination) and a 3-3 in her FS, it's surely gonna get her more points than her current layout. She did it in the past, she can do it again!

kawaiimao wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

Stupid rules! Mad

That's it, kawaiimao. I was also against this change, since I thought it would be unfair, but after talking to some ppl, and pondering about all these things, I'm now totally up for that. We can say the same about quads, I mean, how many men can perform it perfectly and regularly? There must be rules, of course, like number of elements in a program, but skaters must be allowed to do what they are capable of.

I'm just concerned that 3F-3Lo, 3Lz and 3A in a same SP may be too much for Mao. Well, since I don't believe the rule's gonna be approved anyway... Rolling Eyes

I have a question. Is the 3A out of steps allowed in the SP? I was talking to a friend, and we're not sure about it. scratch Mao struggled a bit with it in 2006-07, I wonder if she can bring it back.

Yes it is allowed.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 pm

It's so nice to see that beautiful combo back Many Hearts
It's nice and high, too! she's been practicing Very Happy
It makes you really wonder just what others jumps Mao may have down really well in her arsenal that we don't know of...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010   STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STARS on ICE JAPAN TOUR 2010
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next