Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GPF 2007

Go down 
+8
Popon
sunshine
summervie
inskate
Yumei
Caliblue
Oscilla
bibi
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
plantclean

plantclean

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:01 am

Thanks Bibi for the interview,I want to translate it again into Chinese to let the Chinese fans know it. If you mind that,i will cancel it. And I will add your name before the interview. sunny
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:46 pm

Here's the medal ceremony!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z90VgO9OxCQ

Quote :
Thanks Bibi for the interview,I want to translate it again into Chinese to let the Chinese fans know it. If you mind that,i will cancel it. And I will add your name before the interview.
that's a good idea!! It doesn't really matter to add my name Wink , that's Yumei who translated it Very Happy

Quote :
I found this video:
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=PHbenuj5AKc

Mao with Tarasova...
thanks! I'm also really curious about what they are saying Razz
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:21 am

Oscilla wrote:
I don't have enough time to watch the interview right now (thank you for the link though, I'll watch it when I'm done with my work), but here is a file I wanted to share with you all:

Mao Asada LP [Asahi footage + Tarasova commentary]
http://www.myfile.ch/?d=467EF2591

It combines the good quality of Asahi broadcast with Russian commentary, which I really like. Tatiana really praised Mao this time! Thumbs up!

I unfortunately couldn't download it. But I am curious what Tarasova was saying about Mao's performance. Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 2:19 pm

Yes, I would love to know what TAT said about Mao, too! In fact, TAT makes me wish that I spoke Russian!

Here's a very brief summary someone posted on FSU in the GPF Ladies' LP thread:
Quote :
My final TAT summary.

She mentioned she worked with Mao with an interpreter. Mao is very talented, works very hard, a joy to work with. Today Mao gave her all.

Caro has exceptional basics, lots of potential. Beautiful dress (I don't share this view).

Nakano has a very good program. Got very enthusiastic about her 3A.

Zhang. Beautiful.

Yu-Na. TAT loves her SP better than the free.

You see, by the end of the event TAT got less informative.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:51 pm

another fluff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8RtUbOC4BA
That's cute how Yu Na and Mao hand out together backstage at 4:58!!!
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:07 pm

I would like to thank Mao-chan. I just watched her LP and Gala again with Russian commentary. I did not understand the single word Tarasova said. But I liked her deep, mature voice that itself was quite expressive.

I felt like crying at the end of LP when Mao delivered her best throughout her performance under such difficult circumstances. I could feel her exhaustion and deep sense of joy and relief after all the ups and downs that she has gone through this season.

I also felt like crying at the end of gala because it was so beautiful. She expressed every note of the music so deeply in her gala performance. She became that music. I always thought that she looked like a fairy or an angel on ice. But in this performance, she looked so mature and beautiful that she reminded me of a Muse of dance. Her performances gave me such a deep sense of joy. I was profoundly moved.

I would like to Mao-chan for sharing all the great moments with us! I am really appreciative. flower
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Caliblue wrote:
Yes, I would love to know what TAT said about Mao, too! In fact, TAT makes me wish that I spoke Russian!

Here's a very brief summary someone posted on FSU in the GPF Ladies' LP thread:
Quote :
My final TAT summary.

She mentioned she worked with Mao with an interpreter. Mao is very talented, works very hard, a joy to work with. Today Mao gave her all.

Caro has exceptional basics, lots of potential. Beautiful dress (I don't share this view).

Nakano has a very good program. Got very enthusiastic about her 3A.

Zhang. Beautiful.

Yu-Na. TAT loves her SP better than the free.

You see, by the end of the event TAT got less informative.

Thank you for your info! I really appreciate it.

Wow, Tarasova has great compliments to Mao.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:17 pm

Here's someone who filmed the podium ceremony with his own camera:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jyjyezrTU
You can see Mao giving a hug to Dan Zhang and to Carolina before the Ceremony and they seem to talk to everyone!! What a nice behavior those girls have!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:36 am

sunshine, that was a great post Thumbs up! Wub

And here is a link to Sonia Bianchetti's commentary on GPF:
http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/current/content/World%20without%20Sky.htm

Quote :
Mao Asada, from Japan, coached by Rafael Arutunjan, moved from the 6th place in the short program to second overall, with a magnificent free program, well choreographed and pleasant to watch. Skating to " Fantaisie Impromptu " by F. Chopin, she opened with a beautiful triple Axel, followed by a triple flip-triple toe loop combination. Her technique is pure and she is very expressive and artistic too. Her choreography is just built around the music and she skated with her heart.
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:15 am

Some pics! sunny Click the thumbnail to see the original photo. Smile

GPF 2007 - Page 4 07gpfi10 GPF 2007 - Page 4 07gpfi11

GPF 2007 - Page 4 07gpfi12 GPF 2007 - Page 4 07gpfi13

GPF 2007 - Page 4 07gpfi14 GPF 2007 - Page 4 07gpfi15
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:13 am

wow thanks for the pictures!!
They are sooo beautiful! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:55 pm

I love the gala pictures! Her positions look very beautiful.

I also love her LP picture. She looks so much relieved! I noticed that this costume has at least three-layered skirts! Wow, it's so elaborate!

I also like the pictures at the finale with Yuna and daisuke. Yuna looks fresh and sporty in that pink costume!
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:59 am

Caliblue wrote:
Well, it seemed to me that during the LP TAT said about Mao just every single nice word she had in her vocablulary. Smile I'll try to translate a bit of it now, and the rest probably tomorrow, since right now I am almost out of time (and in addition I've got a pretty broken keyboard). The source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWD2mGlH9U&feature=related
Excuse me my English. =P

The man: ...In the short program she didn't manage to show the best result...
TAT: Maybe I did something wrong with the entrance (into the 3flip-3loop combo)... I've adviced her ten times already to change it... she doesn't want. Because during the trainings she does it (3f-3l) ten out of ten.
And to breach into the training process of Rafic (Rafael) Arutunian also isn't very tactfully... not into the training process, but kinda into the competition one... he leads her during the competitions, he knows her well...

01:10
TAT: Axel, 3 and a half turns...

01:36
TAT: 3-3 with toeloop, doing it for the first time...
Toeloop is underrotated, but will they (judges) count it or not - this is another question...

02:12
TAT: Lutz.
With a mistake on the last phase (the edge)... but very beautiful and clean.
She is taught to do it like this (the wrong edge).

02:40
TAT: Spirals...

03:00
TAT: Loop... from the very difficult entrance.

03:17
TAT: Flip-loop! Here it is!! 2:34 (here she counts the time of the program).

03:34
TAT: Axel. Loop. Loop.

03:42
TAT: Combined spin...

04:22
TAT: Amazing step sequence made by Lorie Nicole... Amazing!..

And probably that's it for today...
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:36 am

thanks so much summervie cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Surprised
here's mao interview at ESPN
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv1rW-WQDyk
she improved a lot her english!
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:40 am

summervie wrote:
Well, it seemed to me that during the LP TAT said about Mao just every single nice word she had in her vocablulary. Smile I'll try to translate a bit of it now, and the rest probably tomorrow, since right now I am almost out of time (and in addition I've got a pretty broken keyboard).
Thank you sooo much, Summervie! I really appreciate your taking the time to do this for us! I know how time consuming it is to do translation particularly from a video. Your efforts are much appreciated. flower

This is very interesting! TAT is aware that opening the SP with the 3flip-3loop combo may be causing Mao trouble and has advised her to change it. Someone posted a video of TAT passionately talking to Mao after the medal ceremonies. This is sheer speculation on my part, but perhaps she was really trying to get Mao to change the SP opening?

TAT's saying such nice things about Mao reminds me of something that Mao's former coach Michiko Yamada said about her. She said that Mao was like an angel (and she means her personality). Everyone who gets to know Mao wants all the best for her and would do anything to help her. It was Yamada-sensei who suggested that Mao seek training opportunities overseas in the spring of 2006. She told her, however, that she would do anything to help her when Mao came back to Nagoya for various occasions. sunny
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:43 am

summervie wrote:
Well, it seemed to me that during the LP TAT said about Mao just every single nice word she had in her vocablulary. Smile I'll try to translate a bit of it now, and the rest probably tomorrow, since right now I am almost out of time (and in addition I've got a pretty broken keyboard).
Thank you sooo much, Summervie! I really appreciate your taking the time to do this for us! I know how time consuming it is to do translation particularly from a video. Your efforts are much appreciated. flower

This is very interesting! TAT is aware that opening the SP with the 3flip-3loop combo may be causing Mao trouble and has advised her to change it. Someone posted a video of TAT passionately talking to Mao after the medal ceremonies. This is sheer speculation on my part, but perhaps she was really trying to get Mao to change the SP opening?

TAT's saying such nice things about Mao reminds me of something that Mao's former coach Machiko Yamada said about her. She said that Mao was like an angel (and she means her personality). Everyone who gets to know Mao wants all the best for her and would do anything to help her. It was Yamada-sensei who suggested that Mao seek training opportunities overseas in the spring of 2006. She told her, however, that she would do anything to help her when Mao came back to Nagoya for various occasions. sunny

Last edited by on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:03 pm

Interview!
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?lu=v_searchclip&clipid=5767766&page=2&searchType=1&svcid=&svctype=&q=%EC%95%84%EC%82%AC%EB%8B%A4%EB%A7%88%EC%98%A4
she talked about Aero I think, did she talked about the little puppies?!
Any new informations?
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:19 pm

bibi wrote:
Interview!
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?lu=v_searchclip&clipid=5767766&page=2&searchType=1&svcid=&svctype=&q=%EC%95%84%EC%82%AC%EB%8B%A4%EB%A7%88%EC%98%A4
she talked about Aero I think, did she talked about the little puppies?!
Any new informations?

About Aero:
Aero had puppies the night of the LP around midnight. Mao was asked if she was thinking about Aero while performing her FS: "Maybe a little bit. I thought that, since Aero is doing her best, so should I. "

About 3Axel:
Shizuka thought Mao would land it the second she took off.
Mao :"I two-footed it, but it was my best try this season."

About 3F-3T:
Mao: I lacked speed.
Shizuka: Isn't this the first time you tried this combo?
Mao: I used to do it when I was a junior skater, but it's been a while.

Middle of the program:
Mao: I started to relax after the 3axel and 3F-3T, which required a lot of focus.
Shizuka: I thought Mao would be worried about the first two jumping passes, but she would be relaxed after that.

About 3F-3L:
Shizuka: That was gorgeous.
Mao: It made me wonder why I couldn't land it in the SP.
Shizuka: Wasn't this the best one you did this season?
Mao: Yes.

About SLSS:
Mao: I was getting tired here.
Shuzo: You really focused on the SLSS this season. You were trying to express with your entire body.
Mao: I wish I could skate much more powerfully.
Shizuka: Compared to last year, your skating is so much more powerful.

About Mao's reaction after her LP performance:
Shuzo: Was it because you were happy?
Mao: Yes, I was happy, but also relieved and tired.
Shuzo (to Shizuka): I guess the competition is tiring.
Shizuka: Because it requires so much focus and concentration.
Shuzo (to Shizuka): And I was impressed how Mao was able to refocus after the SP.
Shizuka: Exactly. When you come in with a lot of confidence as Mao seemed to have done, and then you falter in the SP, you tend to lose confidence for the LP as well. And yet, Mao was very aggressive in her LP performace -- this is quite amazing.

sunny
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:25 pm

Thank you summervie and Caliblue for taking time to do the translation out of your busy schedule. I am truly appreciative of your kindness I love you

I totally agree about Ms. Machiko Yamada's comments on Mao. I was actually thinking exactly the same thing! Wow! She is so angelic that people naturally feel like supporting her. sunny She creates a positive circle around her flower
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 9:23 pm

thank you so much Caliblue!! Surprised Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:01 pm

Caliblue wrote:

Oh, no problem. Smile Time isn't the issue actually, I've got a lot of free time here in China, but not that much of a steady internet connection, alas. Smile
Not to mention the fact that to be on this forum (and to write here) is a real pleasure for me. sunny

So, here we go, the second part:

04:55 - Mao finishes her program.
(And here is starting quite an untranslatable stuff. TAT calls Mao "molodets" and "umnitsa", which is the way parents in Russia often call their children when they achieve something great. cheers)
TAT: Molodets! Just umnitsa!! Smile (And you have to hear the intonation with which TAT says this. Smile )
The man: Skating like this... one can win...

5:15
The man: Emotions from the beginning and to the end... Mao Asada has won over all circumstances that bothered her during the whole season.
TAT: She has given her all!.. has given her all... Has proved herself that she can... But there is a problem with the SP. Just with the first cascade. But here she has shown that there is no such a thing (a problem). Simply to put that cascade not on the first place (in the program), and that's it.

05:46
The man: What an emotional "outburst"...
TAT: Yes, and that is very right... Real, wonderful... (As I understand here she is talking (with a very caring voice) about Mao, while seeing her crying and smiling at the same time. Smile )
The man (interrupts): Look, the fans have run, run off their seats... to congratulate her. Smile
TAT: I am very glad for them... for Rafic, and for her... She is a marvelous girl! Just a MARVELOUS!! (06:01 - you have to hear it.) She can do very much... but one should go through the suffering... through the suffering... you can't achieve anything just out of nothing. She is the real star, she is the hardworking person... (06:15 - the most touching moment of the whole commentary, as for me.)
She will achieve everything!

06:41 - During the replays.
TAT: This is how they (the italians) shoot - voila, and cut the legs off.
The man: These are the italian TV surgeons.
TAT: *laughing*

06:52 - During the replay of the spins.
TAT: Ah, what a delight! What a "molodets"! Something (she) has underrotated, but this doesn't matter, she has tried... during the second part of the program to do the 3-3 cascade, she has tried today to do the cascade with toeloop... Toeloop isn't her best jump, she was missing it often the last year - when she was doing axel with toeloop... But this is the real skating!

Last edited by on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:37 pm

06:52 - During the replay of the spins.
TAT: Ah, what a delight! What a "molodets"! Something (she) has underrotated, but this doesn't matter, she has tried... during the second part of the program to do the 3-3 cascade, she has tried today to do the cascade with toeloop... Toeloop isn't her best jump, she was missing it often the last year - when she was doing axel with toeloop... But this is the real skating!

07:19
The man: "Underrotated" - do you mean the jumps or maybe the combined spins?..
TAT: No, I... *interrupts herself while seeing Mao crying, smiling and waving her hand* Very Happy Sweet, sweet, so nice... so marvelous baby girl! Very Happy

07:46
TAT: And a very good program. Lorie Nicole has changed it...

Then, the man begins to count the elements, while TAT adds that she (TAT) "can't to ride off there and to change the program (probably she means her SP)". The man says about the wrong edge deduction "-1" and TAT replies that "and OK, let it be -1, not a big deal!" Then they have a short comments on one of Mao's spins, and that's it.
Smile

Caliblue, thanks for your translation! Smile

Last edited by on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:14 am

Thanks soooooo much for your translations summervie I love you
I wanted to know what TAT said so bad!
It seems TAT was so excited and happy about her free skating Encore
Mao was absolutely beautiful Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:58 am

Thank you very much Summervie!!!! cheers Very Happy cheers
I can know understand what TAT thinks about Mao!! Thanks again!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Bravo, summervie! ! Thank you so much for your great and detailed translation! It's so nice to be able to understand what TAT was saying and the tone in which it was said. She sounds like a very caring person. Her affection for Mao is so apparent. flower flower flower

This reminds me...
Some time ago, I read a book written by a Japanese journalist who had been following figure skating for 30 years. There are many interesting stories in the book, but there is a section dedicated to TAT. What I still remember is the following comment made by one of her students: "Tatiana is a very giving person. The coach we had before her was always thinking about what s/he could gain from us. But, Tatiana gave us everything we needed without any hesitation." To back this up, the book talked about how TAT traveled to Washington D.C. from Conneticut when her students Usova/Platov didn't place very well on the first day of their World Pro Championship appearance in the remote chance that her presence would make a difference on the second day. It is also well known that TAT vigorously protested when Shizuka was sent to the same GP competitions as Mao in 2005, thinking that JSF was dashing Shizuka's chances of success (TAT was right as far as the GP series were concerned).

I found it interesting that the Russian language has special words for praising children who achieved something special. It must be a culture that cherishes children and their achievements! sunny

I'm also impressed by the fact that Mao is allowed to use a Russian national training center normally reserved for elite Russian atheletes (according to a Japanese TV report). That's very generous of them! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GPF 2007 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF 2007   GPF 2007 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPF 2007
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next