Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Haruka Imai news

Go down 
+3
inskate
coconut
tilitom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:26 am

I'm sure Haruka-chan has other fans out there!! let's keep ourselves updated!

For the coming GP she's been assigned to Skate Canada (Oct. 29-31) and TEB (Nov. 26-28). I've been googling like crazy and still can't find any news on her programs. If anybody out there knows, please please tell us about it. Thanks!

Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:23 am

Her new Free program is Polovtsian Dances. I love you She skated short version of it at Fantasy on Ice last weekend.
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:38 pm

coconut wrote:
Her new Free program is Polovtsian Dances. I love you She skated short version of it at Fantasy on Ice last weekend.

thanks coconut!!! other haruka fans out there come come come!!!! share anything!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:56 am

Happy to have something nice to post here after being absent. Thanks to clovera who posted it first in kanako’s thread. I’m so happy I’m reposting it here. The news is: Haruka is part of Team A, along with Mao, Miki, Akiko, and of course Kanako!!!

Let me also add that I became a Haruka follower only recently. As I said in my other posts, I started following figure skating only after seeing Mao’s Olympic adventure. When the season ended, I was learning what I could about the sport, watching old competition videos, downloading score sheets from ISU trying to understand all those numbers. I first came across Haruka’s name in the 2009 Ice Challege score sheet. She seemed to have really struggled in that competition and there was no buzz anywhere in English about her at all! I decided to leave her videos for later. Then about two weeks ago, utterly bored waiting for the next season, I checked out the new junior and senior girls. I saw Liza T.’s 3A, Kanako’s winning programs, the 2 Polinas, and Haruka. When I saw Haruka’s 4CC LP video, I guess it was different from the skater I had in mind when I saw that Ice Challenge LP score sheet. It was such a fresh performance and I thought she’s someone to watch out for next season. I hope being part of Japan’s Team A, and getting two GP invites would give Haruka more buzz in the skating world.

My wish for Haruka next season: confidence, consistency, precision, and more supporters!

thanks again clovera!!

And thanks much to coconut for keeping me company on this thread. A lonely life I have here…hehehehehe.... Snow Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:00 am

I really like Haruka's skating, too! IIRC I saw her for the first time at Junior Nationals 2008 (which she won). She got send to Jr.Worlds then, which actually wasn't the best decision from JSF, IMHO. Haruka and Mari didn't have much international experience, so they were more likely to get nervous in competition and the judges were unlikely to give them high PCS because they were totally unknown yet...
But I was really happy seing Haruka improving a lot and being recognized by the international judges at 4CC 2010! I think she has a really nice style, a lot of potential, interesting choreo and her dresses are always pretty. flower

I think Polovtsian Dances is a perfect choice for her! (I wanted Mao to skate to this piece of music in the Olympic season, too bad Very Happy ) I can't wait to see it. Too bad there are no vids from Fantasy on Ice...
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:36 am

Hi inskate! I was watching your video of a Beautiful Blue Mao skating to Polovtsian Dances. Thanks for sharing. I think Haruka has that body type which makes skating dresses even more pretty. She looks long and lean and can have graceful lines. I think it’s great then that Haruka is going with Fumie to Skate Canada. Fumie’s never-say-die attitude will rub off on her and make her less nervous. That’s my newbie opinion at least. I’m actually wondering about what the media and the skating folks in Japan think about Haruka’s potential for the coming season. (Personally I think she has a great chance of being on the podium. Especially since she and Kanako are surrounded with truly inspiring sempais/role models. That's one thing they have that other skating teams don't don't you think? I'm sure it gives then pressure too but hey, it's great to make a debut knowing the the best skaters are on your team!!)What do they think are her chances? And does anyone out there know how her training is going? Is she practicing a 3-3? (Nobody talks about her at all in the other English forums. But I’m sure there’s plenty of buzz about her in Japan (?) Anyone please share!!!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:12 pm

i'm resurrecting this thread to post this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIH779pfh-E

congratulations to my favorite newcomer haruka!!! it's unbelievable despite her good performance this season, there's still very little buzz about her!! hoping that will change in a bit. if anyone can post better vids of haruka's SP, please please do so Confetti and photos too!!!

also, does anyone know why she had a different coach with her in skate canada?

go for the podium haruka!!!!kick tush!!!!! avenge mao!!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:20 pm

She's pretty good. Her style is more refined than Kanako's although she's not as graceful as Mao or Yukina. But I like what I see so far. Yep!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 pm

aoi88 wrote:

She's pretty good. Her style is more refined than Kanako's although she's not as graceful as Mao or Yukina. But I like what I see so far. Yep!

Yes, I like her more than Kanako. Kanako is very good, but I like Haruka's style a more. A little more graceful. Kanako has her beat in consistency right now though. They both have a long ways to grow though.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
beppu

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 am

She's one of Japan's prettiest skaters.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:41 pm

beppu wrote:

She's one of Japan's prettiest skaters.

Definitly  Yep! and all her dresses are so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haruka Imai news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haruka Imai news   Haruka Imai news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haruka Imai news
Page 1 of 1