Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )

Go down 
+20
mingming
Star85
coconut
PochinkoPotanko
dawnsherearequiet
Mirai
klarification
iceskatingfan
purplemaze
Luckyone
ballerinamao
clovera
Ken Himura
goldmao
bellarina
illani
Dani-Chan
inskate
chapis
aoi88
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:49 pm

I just saw the new posts on the topic, and it reminded me that I never did vote! Sorry it messes up the tally... then again, I'm sure there will be more votes trickling in sooner or later too... hehe.

1. Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra/ Ladies in Lavender
2. Clair de Lune
3. Fantaisie-Impromptu
4. Nutrcracker
5. .... Tango

That was hard! I almost wanted to say Lieberstraum, but I don't know about it yet. Maybe after I see her skate it great it will make the top 5.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 am

I love almost every Mao program so this fo sure will be hard..

1.Fantasia for violin and orchestra
2. Tango(ex)
3. Caprice
4. Bells
5. Tango(this season sp)
Love
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:07 pm

I think if Mao skates the programs + exhibition she has this season perfectly they might become her signature pieces and the best programs she will so far have skated... They are so wonderfully choreographed, better suited to her personality than almost any she has ever had made but with the addition of being more artistically mature than before. Asada is a young woman now, no longer a girl, and it shows. Smile

I know voting is over, but I hope it's all right if I just post my favourites anyway... No need to count them. Embarassed

In random order:
Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra / Ladies in Lavender
(seen live at Worlds this was just magnificent. Most appreciated short program of the audience by far)
Nocturne
(this program sort of introduced me to Mao. Even the Swedish commentator whose favourite skater is Yu-Na admitted in the broadcast that this was the best choreographed short program)
So Deep is the Night
(saw this live too and she was just ethereal, unreal almost)
Por Una Cabeza
(Mao showed she could be sassy with the rest of them!)
Ballade No. 1 in G minor
Most moving program I have seen for some time.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Aibhlin wrote:

Nocturne
(this program sort of introduced me to Mao. Even the Swedish commentator whose favourite skater is Yu-Na admitted in the broadcast that this was the best choreographed short program)
You know, it saddens me to know that this program is very underappreciated. The subtlety of Mao's movements, her ethereal grace and unearthly lightness on ice... This program had a lot to offer, it's a pity people don't see that because they are more enthralled by some of the more, er, flashier programs.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:21 pm

klarification wrote:
Aibhlin wrote:

Nocturne
You know, it saddens me to know that this program is very underappreciated. The subtlety of Mao's movements, her ethereal grace and unearthly lightness on ice... This program had a lot to offer, it's a pity people don't see that because they are more enthralled by some of the more, er, flashier programs.

Really? I felt it was one of Mao's signature pieces. It's definitely one of the first programs most skating fans list when they mention Mao. It was also well received by both commentators and fans when she debuted it. On the other hand, I felt Clair de Lune is very underrated. Some people thought it was just another Nocturne, but I think the program showed a new level of sophistication from Mao.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:10 pm

aoi88 wrote:
klarification wrote:
Aibhlin wrote:

Nocturne

Really? I felt it was one of Mao's signature pieces. It's definitely one of the first programs most skating fans list when they mention Mao. It was also well received by both commentators and fans when she debuted it. On the other hand, I felt Clair de Lune is very underrated. Some people thought it was just another Nocturne, but I think the program showed a new level of sophistication from Mao.

Yes, Clair de Lune too.

Maybe I was in the wrong side of the world, but one forum I entered were discussing 'signature pieces' of skaters and when someone mentioned Mao's Nocturne, other posters said that it was her one of her best, but it wasn't anything spectacular. Maybe I just judged from that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 am

aoi88 wrote:
klarification wrote:
Aibhlin wrote:

Nocturne

I like the program composition of Clair de Lune but the music rendition sort of grates on me. I don't know really how to explain it but the flute version sounds like more like a lullaby than other interpretations I prefer. I really wish team Asada had gone with a piano rendition.
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 am

I still cannot decide which program should I put on 2,3,4,5 because I like almost all Mao program. But for me, Noctune will always be my favorite Mao program since it contains everything I love about Mao. And it seems to me that no one could create a magic with this music like when Mao skated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2