Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which is your favorite Mao's costume?

Go down 
+19
maofan93
kaarolcia
inskate
i♥MAO
Alina
mingming
polosatik
europeanfan
Figure_skating_love
klarification
aoi88
yuki
Aibhlin
Star85
illani
Ken Himura
goldmao
coconut
Dani-Chan
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 am

This version of new dress for SP looks better than the real one Yep! I agree that dress is pretty but I don't like the bra.

I hope she will save her dress for FS from NHK Trophy Smile It's soooo elegant and beautiful
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 pm

I love love love her LP dress from NHK!
It is very elegant and mature looking, and I think the simple-ness suits the music
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Oooo I like that new dress better too. I actually thought it was real, and I was about to ask, "where was that picture taken at?! Did I miss something?!" Then I read kaarolcia's comment about photo manipulation. Someone did a great job! I thought it was real!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 am

I want Mao to wear something similar to this, but of course less poofy and more suitable for skating: Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Th_500_427_1286672424_2294108499_5edb9b892d_z
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:33 pm

klarification wrote:
I want Mao to wear something similar to this, but of course less poofy and more suitable for skating: Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Th_500_427_1286672424_2294108499_5edb9b892d_z

What a cool dress! I've never seen anything like it before. Is it for sale, or is it just a pic you found on the internet?
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:13 am

yuki wrote:
I found another one. It seems he/she don't like the bra of the new SP costume, so made this. Good job.Thumbs up!

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 101022

Oh my!

This design is PURE WIN for me!! Somebody send it to Mao's team NOW!! Love Hearts

Now that we're on the subject of costumes...my, she has a lot of wonderful dresses, actually, that I find it really hard to pick one ultimate favorite. What I love about this girl is that her costumes are all varied...she's just not that "monotone"!

As of now, these are my faves, in no particular order:

Her EX costumes:
1. Ballade EX
2. Caprice EX
3. Tango EX

Competition costumes:
1. Worlds 08 SP
2. Worlds 09 SP
3. Japan Open 2010 LP
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:33 am

What I would have LOVED to see Mao wear, though, is something kimono-inspired. Something like these two, preferably without sleeves (or something not that loose).

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Kimono12

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Kimono13

And I'd love to see her wear costumes like these while skating to Japanese music. Preferably those by Jose Hisaishi, Nobuo Uematsu or Ryuichi Sakamoto (I have biases on these artists! Love Hearts). It really is just one of my wishes for her to skate something that is close to her roots, and I know Mao-chan could do it! Smile

Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:03 am

I think most of Mao's dresses are very pretty, but unfortunately her designers think, that small breast is a big problem. And they are wrong No I love her new dress from SP more than the old one, but I agree with most of you that it would look better without roses. Mao's designers from some reasons feel need to add too many frills, and here we have results:

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Mao_no10

I prefer dresses which emphasize her breast, but don't attract too much attention to it, like for example these ones:

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Mao_ye10

Ok, I know dresses aren't the most important things in the world, but in programs they are pretty important Wink What do you think?

[b]
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:58 pm

THANKYOU europeanfan!!!!!

I hate the frilly collar lines and stuff all over her chest too. I don't know if her designers are doing that because they think her chest size is a problem or not, but those dresses certainly did not do anything to make Mao's chest look any bigger or fuller. The new one with the red bra certainly called more attention to it, but it did not enhance it.

The other dresses are not only more flattering on Mao (including her chest), but they are more beautiful and tasteful all around IMO. It's really more about things like the fit and the cut more than the fabric and pilling on ruffles and frills that make something look good on you. IMO no one needs all those goofy frills and ruffles. I think they take away more than they add in most cases. Some people like those dresses, but I they aren't my taste.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:27 pm

lol! Europeanfan, your pictures made me laugh. But they tell the truth. Less is more for Mao. Personally, I will anoint the Nepia folks as her new designers. If you've seen their photoshoots of her, she always looks so chic and gorgeous. That's because they understand that simplicity is the best way to highlight the understated beauty of Mao. I always felt simple elegance of the sixties is perfect for Mao. She's the ideal modern day girl. But her designer seems to prefer 19th century/Victorian style. Snow
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:36 pm

I find her Lp dress from nationals this year to be simpluy exquisite! Even my mother who usually doesn't comment on costumes(of course, there are costumes you can't help noticing, like the one Barbara Fusar-Poli wore at 2006 olympics OD: the ugliest dress ever) said Mao looks regal in this once. The color, the small details on her chest, the way her skirt is cut on one side, it's simply gorgeous! I actually like the fact that it's not sleeveless because it would be too revealing, considering it's a very low cut skirt. It's definitely her best dress(for me Smile. And of course, her Ballade dress is a close second. I also liked the dress she borrowed from Mai for nationals(sorry, I don't remember the year), The Caprice one was very cute too. Oh, and the one with black and red she wore at the tango exhibition was lovely too!

But boy, the costume she wore(I can't even call it dress) at Trophee eric bompard sp last year(the light blue one, europefan posted it) it's a bad joke. Her pink dress that followed was a little better. I was praying before each competition last year that she changes her Bells costume. She wore a nice one at Japan Open 2009, but then got stuck in that thing for the rest of the season. I seriously believe her PCS suffered because of that Laugh
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I find her Lp dress from nationals this year to be simpluy exquisite! Even my mother who usually doesn't comment on costumes(of course, there are costumes you can't help noticing, like the one Barbara Fusar-Poli wore at 2006 olympics OD: the ugliest dress ever) said Mao looks regal in this once.

ITA!!! It's lovely Wub And it looks gorgeous with her new make up and lavender eye shadows. I love also her new ex dress. This season the only problem is her dress from SP
Lady_in_black wrote:

But boy, the costume she wore(I can't even call it dress) at Trophee eric bompard sp last year(the light blue one, europefan posted it) it's a bad joke.

First time I saw this dress I thought about... ostrich from Sesame Street. This dress was Whirly

Lady_in_black wrote:
. I was praying before each competition last year that she changes her Bells costume. She wore a nice one at Japan Open 2009, but then got stuck in that thing for the rest of the season.

Me too!!!! lol! I was honestly surprised when I saw she didn't change this dress before Olympic FS. It was easy to predict that her pictures from olympics would be EVERYWHERE. It's hard to believe she really wanted to be in pictures in all newspapers in THIS dress Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:10 am

"First time I saw this dress I thought about... ostrich from Sesame Street. This dress was Whirly"

This is priceless ROTFLMAO I wasn't too original, I simply thought it looked like a cake.(and I'm still sure she lost a bet and she had to wore it for the competition because it was the only time I saw her, thank God, in that one). That blue one makes her actual Sp dress look quite nice(again I agree with you all, that dress would be gorgeous without the roses). But with the roses and all, I prefer it to the one she wore in the GP series because of the way it moves with her in the actual program. The cut of the dress is not bad at all!
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:27 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I wasn't too original, I simply thought it looked like a cake.(and I'm still sure she lost a bet and she had to wore it for the competition because it was the only time I saw her, thank God, in that one).

I didn't think about a cake!! But it looks like you can be right:

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Dress-10

Ok... Let's be less malicious... Hell, no! Mao wore this dress only in one competition (a lost bet seems very possible) so we can forgive her it Wink

Last edited by europeanfan on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:30 am

Europeanfan, you made my day lol! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:37 am

yuki wrote:
I found another one. It seems he/she don't like the bra of the new SP costume, so made this. Good job.Thumbs up!

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 101022

It's perfect!!! Worship
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 am

My favorite is her LP dress of this year. The long sleeves make it more elegant and make Mao look more mature. I also like the dress she wore for her 2008 worlds SP and exhibition programs.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

She looks gorgeous in purple - I feel like she wears it best, as evidenced through her 2009 Worlds SP and this year's LP dress.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is your favorite Mao's costume?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2