Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate Canada 2010

Go down 
+17
PochinkoPotanko
europeanfan
kaarolcia
klarification
ClairDeMao
ballerinamao
☆Genie
illani
sapphiresky
roma
aoi88
tilitom
polosatik
supportmaoasada
inskate
ddmm
clovera
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:21 pm

aoi88 wrote:

I just looked at the protocals. There were some low scores (mid 6's) for Nobu's PCS, while I saw several 9's for Patrick. Snow

The scoring is all over the place. Some of the judges gave quite good solid PCS to Nobu and Adam, but the very low scores from others pulled the entire score down. Suspect
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:30 pm

I lost all my words after this ridiculous competition. What can i say. Great job judges. 4 falls and you get a gold medal! Now...Welcome to Cup of Russia,Patty! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:33 pm

I never expected this kind of bias to be in Canada...he scored above Dai who performed so well in Nagoya...

I don't know what the Canadian skating federation did, but b/c of these stupid subjective and unjust scores, no wonder people don't consider FS seriously as a sport...
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Did anyone see the interview with Chan afterwards. I heard he said he deserved those scores. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Lol, I thought comments at GS were pretty heated, but they have NOTHING on ontd. clown

I think the judges managed to do the impossible, because even many canadian Patrick fans now this the scores were ridiculous. And boy, Orser didn't look happy. The judges better watch out! clown

I hope this will be a lesson to Nobu - he mentioned at least twice that if he jumps too much in the warm-up he tends to make mistakes in the LP, and he did it again. I saw 4T-3T, 3A and 4-3-3 from him in the WU and some jumps that I couldn't identify (the camera was all over the rink), then he looked tired in the LP (and no wonder, starting from 3F the program is very intricate. How about saving those jumps for the competition next time, Nobu? He could've held on to the medal if it wasn't for the hand down and fall, and this could have helped his PCS in the future.

I think maybe it's for the best. He has a tendency to peak too early and then get too nervous as the expectations pile on; this way he can take things step by step. I really like his programs, he just needs to work on polishing them a bit more. Thumbs up!

aoi88 wrote:

Did anyone see the interview with Chan afterwards. I heard he said he deserved those scores. Rolling Eyes

Yup, and he said he thinks he's going to win Worlds. Laugh It's nice to have so much confidence. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:06 pm

inskate wrote:
[color=darkblue]Lol, I thought comments at GS were pretty heated, but they have NOTHING on ontd. clown

The comments there are mostly rated R. Hell, no! Fried
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:09 pm

inskate wrote:
Lol, I thought comments at GS were pretty heated, but they have NOTHING on ontd. clown
Hell, no! Hell, no! Hell, no!

Yikes, 2ch (well, the general PBP thread anyway) was actually pretty tame this time around. Faint2
I'm so disappointed

Here's hoping the ladies won't be as eye-roll inducing... Who, me?
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:16 pm

aoi88 wrote:
The comments there are mostly rated R. Hell, no! Fried

Totally, but they are hilarious. lol!

And I love some of the gifs they post. Yesterday someone summarized Patrick's SP performance with this gif:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img594/5450/gatorfall.gif
and I still can't stop laughing over it. ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Time for ladies now! Confetti
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:48 pm

inskate wrote:
And I love some of the gifs they post. Yesterday someone summarized Patrick's SP performance with this gif:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img594/5450/gatorfall.gif
and I still can't stop laughing over it. ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Time for ladies now! Confetti

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO
(I made the mistake of taking a sip of soda right when this loaded, lol!)

Deah oh dear. Can the scores get any crazier?
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:35 pm

And people say the Japanese pay for their skaters to get high scores Smile
I like Pchan, but his scores are sometimes....
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 am

inskate wrote:

I think the judges managed to do the impossible, because even many canadian Patrick fans now this the scores were ridiculous. And boy, Orser didn't look happy. The judges better watch out! clown

I hope this will be a lesson to Nobu - he mentioned at least twice that if he jumps too much in the warm-up he tends to make mistakes in the LP, and he did it again. I saw 4T-3T, 3A and 4-3-3 from him in the WU and some jumps that I couldn't identify (the camera was all over the rink), then he looked tired in the LP (and no wonder, starting from 3F the program is very intricate. How about saving those jumps for the competition next time, Nobu? He could've held on to the medal if it wasn't for the hand down and fall, and this could have helped his PCS in the future.

I think maybe it's for the best. He has a tendency to peak too early and then get too nervous as the expectations pile on; this way he can take things step by step. I really like his programs, he just needs to work on polishing them a bit more. Thumbs up!

aoi88 wrote:

Yup, and he said he thinks he's going to win Worlds. Laugh It's nice to have so much confidence. Sweatdrop

hi I didn't watch the competition live but could you tell why in details orser was mad, and who he is mad on???
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:27 am

ballerinamao wrote:
inskate wrote:

aoi88 wrote:

hi I didn't watch the competition live but could you tell why in details orser was mad, and who he is mad on???
He was mad at judges No Honestly,I think Adam deserved higher scores.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:57 am

oh that may be right, but I actually liked daisukes performence the most!!! and somehow I think that orser always expect gold when his students show up, maybe it's a good lesson for him to realise that he can't always get gold...
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:09 am

ballerinamao wrote:
oh that may be right, but I actually liked daisukes performence the most!!! and somehow I think that orser always expect gold when his students show up, maybe it's a good lesson for him to realise that he can't always get gold...

Daisuke didn't skate here... Sweatdrop

Orser actually had a point here, Adam (and Nobunari) got really lousy GoEs/PCS in this competiton. They are both known as skaters with quite strong skating skills and are quality jumpers - Adam with his Rippon Lutz and 'Tano Lutz combination, and Nobu with his soft knees, huge ice coverage and transitions in and out of almost every jump - and the GoEs they got was were not that impressive in comparison to Patrick, who got some +1/+2s for the jumps he almost fell out of. Not to mention Patrick fell 4 times in the competition, and still got the highest PCS.

Both Adam and Nobu actually looked disspirited in the LP... I'm not surprised that Patrick can skate with so much freedom if he "knows that the judges like him" and already is confident he'll win Worlds, because he can fall 4 times and still get an enormous score.

It's enough to read the reactions from ontd (the link I posted earlier to see that Orser's frowny face was actually a pretty subdued reaction to the scores. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:29 am

inskate wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Daisuke didn't skate here... Sweatdrop

Orser actually had a point here, Adam (and Nobunari) got really lousy GoEs/PCS in this competiton. They are both known as skaters with quite strong skating skills and are quality jumpers - Adam with his Rippon Lutz and 'Tano Lutz combination, and Nobu with his soft knees, huge ice coverage and transitions in and out of almost every jump - and the GoEs they got was were not that impressive in comparison to Patrick, who got some +1/+2s for the jumps he almost fell out of. Not to mention Patrick fell 4 times in the competition, and still got the highest PCS.

Both Adam and Nobu actually looked disspirited in the LP... I'm not surprised that Patrick can skate with so much freedom if he "knows that the judges like him" and already is confident he'll win Worlds, because he can fall 4 times and still get an enormous score.

It's enough to read the reactions from ontd (the link I posted earlier to see that Orser's frowny face was actually a pretty subdued reaction to the scores. Hell, no!
Don't want to sound rude,but Patrick's face at his opening pose was just... Rolling Eyes No matter how many times I fall I will win. Nobu deserved his first place and Adam second. Patrick should be nowhere near the 4th place after his terrible short program.I'm very disappointed, SC is the most corruption event in the GP.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:30 am

Patrick forgot one thing...Worlds are in Tokyo Laughing
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 6:52 am

Seems like the ISU’s plan is to make Chan the new money-making-figure-skating-superstar. I’m sad to say that after the Olympic season that this ridiculous scoring doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m not an expert but I can see that Chan has deep edges and difficult choreography (which he can’t seem to handle) but just like someone at GS I don’t feel the connection to the music. And I don’t get his inflated scores (even outside Canada)…

Personally I prefer Oda’s skating, fabulous speed and the softest knee bend I’ve seen. His landings are to die for!

polosatik wrote:

I’m hoping that Oda will be the World Champion in Tokyo 2011!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:12 am

ClairDeMao wrote:
Seems like the ISU’s plan is to make Chan the new money-making-figure-skating-superstar. I’m sad to say that after the Olympic season that this ridiculous scoring doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m not an expert but I can see that Chan has deep edges and difficult choreography (which he can’t seem to handle) but just like someone at GS I don’t feel the connection to the music. And I don’t get his inflated scores (even outside Canada)…

Personally I prefer Oda’s skating, fabulous speed and the softest knee bend I’ve seen. His landings are to die for!

polosatik wrote:

I’m hoping that Oda will be the World Champion in Tokyo 2011!
Patrick annoys me so much that I will be happy with any winner except Patrick. Razz
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 am

polosatik wrote:

Patrick annoys me so much that I will be happy with any winner except Patrick. Razz

Haha, I feel the same way....but I would love it if Nobu wins the gold, he's so talented yet he has never medaled at Worlds! I love Daisuke but he's already a World Champ, and Taka-chan's time will come...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:54 am

ClairDeMao wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Haha, I feel the same way....but I would love it if Nobu wins the gold, he's so talented yet he has never medaled at Worlds! I love Daisuke but he's already a World Champ, a Taka-chan's time will come...
I agree with you. I hope Nobu can medal at least. He really deserves it. Yep!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:57 am

Oh no! I really really loved Kerrs' program (wonderful, moving choreo) but they just lost balance on a lift! Sad
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:02 pm

inskate wrote:
Oh no! I really really loved Kerrs' program (wonderful, moving choreo) but they just lost balance on a lift! Sad

And they lose to Crone/Poirer. Sad If it wasn't for the lift, they probably would've won. Depressed Crying

I have a big soft spot for Kerrs.
Love
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Not for the faint-hearted: a gif of the Adam/Patric accident in practice session:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img526/9556/kaboom.gif
Now I understand why Adam's mom felt it looked like a backflip... pale

Can't wait for the Gala. Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:34 pm

inskate wrote:
Not for the faint-hearted: a gif of the Adam/Patric accident in practice session:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img526/9556/kaboom.gif
Now I understand why Adam's mom felt it looked like a backflip... pale

Can't wait for the Gala. Smile
Oh!!!Thanks God they weren't injured! affraid
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:48 pm

I've never really liked Patrick Chan, maybe it's because he gives me this cocky and smug aura, IDK. But now I'm finding it harder and harder to sincerely cheer for him because... Well, he seems really proud that he got gold with that disaster of a performance. It's too heartbreaking to see Nobu and Adam stand on that podium with Patrick on top. Well, let's just hope that he's consistent; I wanna see him fall off the podium in Worlds. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, Alissa won gold! I'm starting to become fond of this girl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2010   Skate Canada 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada 2010
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next