Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why do you support Mao video

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Why do you support Mao video Empty
PostSubject: Why do you support Mao video   Why do you support Mao video Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:55 am

A Japanese fan (tomonity1) has created a video in which he or she introduces answers from Mao supporters to the question 'Why do you support Mao all the same, even when she's not in good condition (to perform well)?'. This is a direct translation of tomonity1's question, but in nuance is more like...'While do you still support Mao even though she's not performing well and not making results?'. tomonity1 asked this question on twitter, and made the below video with photos of Mao during this season with the answers he got written underneath. It's all in Japanese, but it's quite touching, and a very comforting video for all us fans, so I translated the messages. Please take a look at the video along with my translations if you like. Btw, in Japanese we usually use the word 'like 好き' instead of 'love 愛', but when somebody says 'I like Mao 真央が好き', in actuality it means the same as 'I love Mao 真央を愛してる', so I translated all the 'like's to 'love'. 'Love 愛' has a bit of a heavy image in Japanese, so many people are shy to use it in daily life here, that's all! Anyway, hope you enjoy! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4AiIk0oN-M

Question:'Why do you keep on supporting Mao all the same, even when she's not in good condition (to perform well) ?'

1.First of all I do love Mao's skating, but I could never stop supporting someone like her who looks straight ahead and keeps on reaching out higher and higher.

2.Because I simply love Mao as a person. It doesn't matter if her results or conditions are bad. There's something (special) about her which makes me feel this way.

3.When I see Mao skate, it feels like my heart is being cleansed, as if she has removed all the filth. In the 6 minute warm-up before the FP competition 4 years ago at Worlds held in Tokyo, she seemed to me like the true classical Japanese girl, looking downwards (a bit shyly) trying so hard to concentrate. What a pure soul she has I thought and decided definitely to go on supporting her.

4.I really think I'm so blessed to be able to support Mao during her competing career (real time). I do not love Mao because she does well (in competitions). I love Mao as a person, and I love Mao's performances!! Whatever happens I will believe in her and keep supporting her!!

5.She is always fighting against nobody other than her own self. Never running away, never giving up until the end. Mao keeps on becoming her better self. That's why (I support her).

6.In a nutshell,'because I love her (lol)'. But I guess I want to keep on seeing that smile of hers. I don't love her because she wins, but she'll smile when she wins (so I wish she'd win).

7.She is stoic unlike ordinary medicores, and makes me realize (the value of having) high determinations alot of times.

8.She never compromises at all. Although she tends to focus on her jumps, her skating is so soft with flexible moves, it makes me want to see her (performances) over and over again! I also like her for never making excuses, and being a bit stubborn (lol). I can keep on presenting my reasons forever, but those are the qualities which attracts me, that I can't help supporting her.

9.Because I believe in her true abilities. She is the best female skater ever, who can jump a 3A and skate at men's level. Plus it's not only her skills, but the emotions she inserts into her skating, the love, is what she makes us feel. That's why we love her too, and feel we want to support her I think.

10.Of course I love her skating, her performances, but it's as if she has a beautiful soul...I admire both her personality and her spirit as an athlete, so I have no choice but to support her. I want to see her smile, too. So I could never stop supporting her strongly just because she's not having good results. Probabaly, all Mao fans must feel the same.

11.Because 'I love her skating', that's all. I do not fall in love with the skater's results in competitions. My 'love' for her isn't as simple to quit being a fan just because she isn't doing well. I could never igonore her even if I was ordered to do so. I can't help being attracted by her.

12.I admire Mao's athleticism. Naoko Takahashi (marathon runner), Ai Miyasato (golfer), and Mao have transcended their existances as women, and has become true athletes who make effort everyday towards their faith and goals.

13.Even when she seems to be in so much pain, I've never heard her making excuses. Her being like that makes me feel (everything will be) okay. Because I believe in her! That's the feeling which makes me support her.

14.Because her beauty strikes my heart.

From the creator:I thank all the people who have answered my question politely on Twitter. I am also grateful to all the fans who believe and support Mao Asada.

Mao Asada quote: I think the next competition will be my last chance.

-----------------------------------------------------end

PS: Although tomonity1 quoted Mao's recent words in this video, I think she only meant her 'last chance' to make Worlds this season. Even if in case she can't make Worlds, tomonity1 and all the people who answered his question, and myself do not believe in any way, that she will give up, I'm sure! Yep!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
i♥MAO

i♥MAO

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Mao video   Why do you support Mao video Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:33 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Question:'Why do you keep on supporting Mao all the same, even when she's not in good condition (to perform well) ?'

1.First of all I do love Mao's skating, but I could never stop supporting someone like her who looks straight ahead and keeps on reaching out higher and higher.

2.Because I simply love Mao as a person. It doesn't matter if her results or conditions are bad. There's something (special) about her which makes me feel this way.

3.When I see Mao skate, it feels like my heart is being cleansed, as if she has removed all the filth. In the 6 minute warm-up before the FP competition 4 years ago at Worlds held in Tokyo, she seemed to me like the true classical Japanese girl, looking downwards (a bit shyly) trying so hard to concentrate. What a pure soul she has I thought and decided definitely to go on supporting her.

4.I really think I'm so blessed to be able to support Mao during her competing career (real time). I do not love Mao because she does well (in competitions). I love Mao as a person, and I love Mao's performances!! Whatever happens I will believe in her and keep supporting her!!

5.She is always fighting against nobody other than her own self. Never running away, never giving up until the end. Mao keeps on becoming her better self. That's why (I support her).

6.In a nutshell,'because I love her (lol)'. But I guess I want to keep on seeing that smile of hers. I don't love her because she wins, but she'll smile when she wins (so I wish she'd win).

7.She is stoic unlike ordinary medicores, and makes me realize (the value of having) high determinations alot of times.

8.She never compromises at all. Although she tends to focus on her jumps, her skating is so soft with flexible moves, it makes me want to see her (performances) over and over again! I also like her for never making excuses, and being a bit stubborn (lol). I can keep on presenting my reasons forever, but those are the qualities which attracts me, that I can't help supporting her.

9.Because I believe in her true abilities. She is the best female skater ever, who can jump a 3A and skate at men's level. Plus it's not only her skills, but the emotions she inserts into her skating, the love, is what she makes us feel. That's why we love her too, and feel we want to support her I think.

10.Of course I love her skating, her performances, but it's as if she has a beautiful soul...I admire both her personality and her spirit as an athlete, so I have no choice but to support her. I want to see her smile, too. So I could never stop supporting her strongly just because she's not having good results. Probabaly, all Mao fans must feel the same.

11.Because 'I love her skating', that's all. I do not fall in love with the skater's results in competitions. My 'love' for her isn't as simple to quit being a fan just because she isn't doing well. I could never igonore her even if I was ordered to do so. I can't help being attracted by her.

12.I admire Mao's athleticism. Naoko Takahashi (marathon runner), Ai Miyasato (golfer), and Mao have transcended their existances as women, and has become true athletes who make effort everyday towards their faith and goals.

13.Even when she seems to be in so much pain, I've never heard her making excuses. Her being like that makes me feel (everything will be) okay. Because I believe in her! That's the feeling which makes me support her.

14.Because her beauty strikes my heart.

From the creator:I thank all the people who have answered my question politely on Twitter. I am also grateful to all the fans who believe and support Mao Asada.

Mao Asada quote: I think the next competition will be my last chance.

-----------------------------------------------------end

PS: Although tomonity1 quoted Mao's recent words in this video, I think she only meant her 'last chance' to make Worlds this season. Even if in case she can't make Worlds, tomonity1 and all the people who answered his question, and myself do not believe in any way, that she will give up, I'm sure! Yep!

if i was asked by that same question, i'll definitely answer the same as what every fans of Mao answered, it's because we all love her, i'm sure that we all share the same feelings. she's a fighter, she never gives up and that's what makes me believe in her and support her all the way!

btw, Thank you! PochinkoPotanko!
you've put so much effort for this one, and i aprreciate it a lot! Smile
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Mao video   Why do you support Mao video Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:21 am

i♥MAO wrote:
if i was asked by that same question, i'll definitely answer the same as what every fans of Mao answered, it's because we all love her, i'm sure that we all share the same feelings. she's a fighter, she never gives up and that's what makes me believe in her and support her all the way!

btw, Thank you! PochinkoPotanko!
you've put so much effort for this one, and i aprreciate it a lot! Smile

Your welcome i♥MAO, but you should really thank tomonity1 on Youtube for this rather than me. tomonity1 makes lots of Mao vids, and they are quite humorous. I think tomonity wanted to cheer Mao up during this tough season. Mao tends to be pretty strict on herself, so sometimes she worries us, doesn't she? All the answers here are more or less alike so it wasn't much trouble translating. I think tomonity knew he (maybe she?) would get these same kind of answers from the start, but wanted to let Mao know that her fans love her not because she wins, so she won't push herself into working too hard. Yep!

Although there are some terrible comments and videos sometimes, I'm still so glad we have Youtube. It's a good way to send Mao our messages, as well as having he opportunity to share how others feel about Mao. There must be countless Mao fan videos on Youtube by now...I hope someday, when she has the time, Mao can enjoy them all. Love
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Mao video   Why do you support Mao video Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:59 am

Thank you so much Pochi for sharing!

That's so great that such video exist on youtube. I'm tired of Mao bashing everywhere. Her fans are always with her and this is the most important thing.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Mao video   Why do you support Mao video Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:00 am

tomonity1 hits the bullseye in every one of his points! Thank you for sharing. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Mao video   Why do you support Mao video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do you support Mao video
Page 1 of 1