Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The worst dresses in figure skating history

Go down 
+17
chiyori
MikiAndoFan#1
Aibhlin
linglang
Alokya
ballerinamao
Star85
polosatik
mash5
ddmm
klarification
clovera
aoi88
josling
alyssa
Lady_in_black
europeanfan
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 am

alyssa wrote:
This is off-ice, but I must post it here:

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Biz1

LOL! I thought she still had shampoo on her head.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:13 am

ddmm wrote:
LMAO What shampoo is this???

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 4378220218_11c2f58349
They make me scared. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:41 am

[quote="alyssa"]
ddmm wrote:
LMAO What shampoo is this???

It's a high tech shampoo: no need to rinse off, you can leave your house once you've put a drop on your head cause the bubbles will turn into a nice white hat that covers all your hair.

Back to top Go down
mash5

mash5

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Guys, what a wonderful thread, so funny ! Laughing

I have another horrible thing for you ... long long time ago: Katiīs Carmen costume.
Special highlight: this kind of puffy sleeves.

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 20_kat10
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:29 pm

mash5, that's really ugly. And her face is so pale.

Gosh, how could I forget Surya's collection?
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 212030-1
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Surya1
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 78955542
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 78955548
Back to top Go down
mash5

mash5

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:51 pm

@alyssa ... oh yea, Surya often wore very stylish outfits Laughing !

Hereīs another one. I know the topic was folk music, but this was a little too much I think. What the hell is she wearing around her neck and on her chest ? And then his jacket or vest or whatever it might be.
Certainly not one of the worst costumes but it hasnīt turned out very well.

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 43775810

Last edited by mash5 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:57 pm

alyssa wrote:
Sasha's skirt do look like something we wear to go to beach here. Razz
And the top reminds me of a blue and yellow swimsuit I had a long time ago.
If you don't know, Sasha's dress was inspired by Ukranian traditional dress and that's not even close to pareo Evil or Very Mad I love this dress, it's one of my favourites.
I don't like most of Miki's dresses.

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Miki

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 DSC_4285S

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 14

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Ta-060222-14

and carmen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reb-ship/3992541556/
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Awww, you guys?! Most of these costumes are pretty bad, but some of them don't deserve to be here IMO. Some of them aren't the greatest costumes, but do they really deserve to go to the worst costumes catagory (for example, the one of Michal if you scroll up on the last page)? And how could you not think those wings on Sasha were beautiful?! And as far as Miki's costumes go, I know they are too over the top for some people, but I think they're cool. I really like her spider dress, and even her cleopatra dress, which wasn't very popular, I know.

I will have to think about which costumes I think are the worst ever, but I don't have time at the moment. I will post something later.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:21 pm

About Tanith and Ben's costumes, I agree they were a bit over the top, but I can assure you moldavian costumes are very very busy indeed! But that shiny thing around her neck and the red boots have nothing to do with moldavian folklore Smile I apreciate their effort though Smile (it's a good thing she didn't wear a kerchief on her head Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:53 pm

polosatik wrote:
If you don't know, Sasha's dress was inspired by Ukranian traditional dress and that's not even close to pareo Evil or Very Mad I love this dress, it's one of my favourites.

Sorry. I was just kidding. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I think the worst was miki costume at the olympics with the snake around her hand, she looked like she just jumped out of a cartoon book, really was so out of place....
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Here another Savchenko creation (I think she designs both their costumes).

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 ISU+European+Figure+Skating+Championship+Day+7QUEPrfZxnfl
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Alokya wrote:
Here another Savchenko creation (I think she designs both their costumes).

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 ISU+European+Figure+Skating+Championship+Day+7QUEPrfZxnfl

I liked those ones! They really matched the Lost In Space movie, and the music. He looks like he could be some outerspace dude, and she has the perfect rave outfit. lol. And I don't mean that in a bad way either! I would totally where what she's wearing to a rave! Although I haven't been to one in years, and I'm not really into that anymore.... Well I would still totally wear it on stage with my band! Those outfits are pretty out there, but futuristic/ costumish/ outrageous outfits are what a lot of famous singers and other performers are wearing right now. So I don't have a problem with figure skaters following that trend as well. I actually think it would be cool to see more of them do it. Just as long as it's in good taste. There is a fine line between outrageous/cool, and outrageous/ugly. IMO their costumes are outrageous/cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks all. This thread is so funny lol!

This is not for competition it's OK that skaters do anything they want to do at gala.
But I cannot understand why he wanted to become a baby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN7K9nck-Sc

I didn't like Evan's 09-10 costume with snakes. I don't want to see it again. Disgusting No
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:39 am

Star85 wrote:
Awww, you guys?! Most of these costumes are pretty bad, but some of them don't deserve to be here IMO. Some of them aren't the greatest costumes, but do they really deserve to go to the worst costumes catagory (for example, the one of Michal if you scroll up on the last page)? And how could you not think those wings on Sasha were beautiful?! And as far as Miki's costumes go, I know they are too over the top for some people, but I think they're cool. I really like her spider dress, and even her cleopatra dress, which wasn't very popular, I know.

Tastes are subjective, I see nothing wrong in it Wink Miki is very pretty woman, but I can't stand most of her costumes ( I hate spiders!!! affraid affraid affraid So how can I be supposed to like this dress? Panic! ) , however I understand there are people who like them . I suppose we all do Yep!

Sasha's wings looked beautiful as a part of a program, but as a costume there didn't appeal to me. I can't help it Sad, Lonely

Hmmm.... I've just realised that probably I've never seen any dress blunder by Michelle Kwan. Have you seen anyone?

alyssa wrote:

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 4378220218_11c2f58349

I'm sure they want to break some new world record, but I'm not sure about a discipline lol!
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Alena Leonova this year. The most tasteless costumes ever IMHO.

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 X610

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:00 pm

alyssa wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Sorry. I was just kidding. Embarassed
I forgive you. Razz I also was joking. Wink

Alena can win an award this year" the most terrible costumes ever"...
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:37 pm

polosatik wrote:
I forgive you. Razz I also was joking. Wink

Alena can win an award this year" the most terrible costumes ever"...

Well, I'd say there are worse things in life. Rolling Eyes
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 97061943

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Carolina+kostner

And... wow!
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 27263288.EL2342210R10040A
I actually like this one. Razz

I'm glad you're not mad at me. Razz

Last edited by alyssa on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 am

Aibhlin wrote:
Alena Leonova this year. The most tasteless costumes ever IMHO.

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Talking about dress: I love new picture on the top of page, but every time I don't look directly at it, I have an impression it's Yuna in her dress from Tango de Roxanne Laugh
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Here are a few that I don't like:

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 220px-Kim_08WD_by_Carmichael The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Sasha_cohen_04_w_qua_1_

alyssa wrote:
Well, this is... golden. Hell, no!
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 _1712506_pg_skate

My darling, stay gold. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:21 pm

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 4190339568_f192c57ae1

You've looked better, Irina.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:35 pm

alyssa wrote:
The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 4190339568_f192c57ae1

You've looked better, Irina.

"The power of love! *insert heart beam here* lol!

Well, here are other costumes that aren't necessarily that bad, but still in poor taste IMO:

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Abt-1

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Miki-Ando

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 N40514926946_1460151_3369
^IDK why people like this one, it reminds me of an out of place and oversized penguin Who, me?
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:27 am

I always thought that men looked like penguins in tuxs, no surprise there.

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 439x

Certainly not the worst, but this is definitely not a favorite of mine from Carolina Kostner.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:34 am

Alokya wrote:
I always thought that men looked like penguins in tuxs, no surprise there.

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 439x

Certainly not the worst, but this is definitely not a favorite of mine from Carolina Kostner.

I actually think this one wouldn't be that bad if Carolina bothered to use illusion mesh that didn't come out grey on her skin... Imagine this with a nice, light, sheer fabric (ā la Arakawa's dresses) and it would be a whole lot prettier. And this version is actually a whole lot better than the one she had earlier in the Grand Prix... back then, the entire sleeves were made of illusion mesh that looked slightly loose and tended to move and gather awkwardly at the front of her shoulders (can't find a good pic now... no time but look her up at NHK... eeww)

And dear god I'd forgotten about Carebear-Irina...
Back to top Go down
mash5

mash5

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 am

Yesterday I watched an exhibition from Oberstdorf here in Germany and I had to face this from Nelli Ziganshina/Alexander Gaszi. The commentator said that it would be their short dance this season. Itīs not a skirt, is it ? Laughing

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Nht20110

Sometimes I wonder if there should be deductions for extreme costume blunder *just kidding*.

By the way ... Irinaīs heart reminded me of the one Yuko Kavaguti revealed during their free skate last year ... not the most artistically valuable idea. Was it really necessary ? Laughing I would say no ! Itīs like one of these "trick dresses" (I donīt know the correct english expression) well known as an eyecatcher at the Eurovision Song Contest.

The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Tumblr10

Last edited by mash5 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst dresses in figure skating history    The worst dresses in figure skating history  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst dresses in figure skating history
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next