Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Figure Skating Movies and Dramas

Go down 
+4
i♥MAO
roma
europeanfan
FatiniAdlina
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Empty
PostSubject: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:54 am

I suddenly felt like starting a topic on this...
Anyway I've seen a couple of movies on figure skating so I thought of sharing it

Movies

The Cutting Edge (haven't seen this one yet....this movie always have sequels)
Go Figure
Ice Princess
Blades of Glory (the cutting edge parody)

Dramas

Triple Axel (or sometime called Triple)...This is a korean drama

If anyone knows anymore, please share~
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:18 am

"Ice castles" (released in 2010). My favourite movie about figure skating Smile
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Ice castles has an old version released in 1978. But of all these skating movies I love cutting edge (first movie) the most. Blades of Glory was also very hilarious. I really enjoyed that movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
i♥MAO

i♥MAO

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:30 am

FatiniAdlina wrote:

Movies

The Cutting Edge (haven't seen this one yet....this movie always have sequels)
Go Figure
Ice Princess
Blades of Glory (the cutting edge parody)

i've watched all of these and my favorite one is the Blades of Glory lol!

I tried to look for figure skating movies in YT, Thank God I found the first three on the list,I only have copy of the Blades of Glory,well what can I do,figure skating is not that popular in my country., so I found myself in front of YT for like six hours! Whirly

europeanfan wrote:

"Ice castles" (released in 2010). My favourite movie about figure skating

i'm also looking forward to seeing this one. YT doesn't have the full movie yet! Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
Tao

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:04 am

Cutting edge was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. I must have seen it like 50 times. Blades of Glory is a great movie! It's so funny, I laughed so hard I was sore for a week. Thanks for the post.
tv cabinets
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:05 pm

You've really never seen The Cutting Edge FatiniAdlina?! I really suggest you do! It's definitely one of the best figure skating movies ever made. The sequels are just average made-for-tv kiddie fluff, but if you really like skating you will probably still watch them, cause it's not like there's really been enough figure skating movies made to keep us fans satisfied. Sad...

My other favorite tied with The Cutting Edge is Ice Princess. Great feel good movie! Go Figure is pretty good considering it's a Disney Chanel made for TV movie. I've actually watched it a few times since it came out. lol. Of course, I liked Blades of Glory enough to watch it several times too. lol.

One I do not suggest is Ice Dreams, which is a Hallmark chanel movie. It's mildly entertaining I guess, but it's not very good...

I have never seen either version of Ice Castles Sad. I was watching out for when the new one would come out on dvd, but never did catch it.... I know it must be out by now...

There's one lesser well known one called It's All About Love with Joaquin Phoenix, Claire Danes, and Sean Penn. It's kind of a love story where Clair Danes plays a figure skating star (either from Russia or some European country... can't remember), and they clone her because they fear she won't be able to keep winning, and she starts fearing for her life, and

Commentator. There's also some apocalyptic stuff going on if I remember correctly. I think it was kind of vague... Anyway, the figure skating is not really the main subject of the movie, but it does play a significant enough role to classify it as a figure skating movie I guess. Sounds pretty cool right? Well, the movie actually isn't all that great, but worth watching if you're bored I suppose.

And then there's Lifetime. They made a Tonya and Nancy story movie (which I saw a lonnnng time ago, and can't remember), and an Oksana Baiul story movie starring Monica Keena. It was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Star85 wrote:
You've really never seen The Cutting Edge FatiniAdlina?! I really suggest you do! It's definitely one of the best figure skating movies ever made. The sequels are just average made-for-tv kiddie fluff, but if you really like skating you will probably still watch them, cause it's not like there's really been enough figure skating movies made to keep us fans satisfied. Sad...

My other favorite tied with The Cutting Edge is Ice Princess. Great feel good movie! Go Figure is pretty good considering it's a Disney Chanel made for TV movie. I've actually watched it a few times since it came out. lol. Of course, I liked Blades of Glory enough to watch it several times too. lol.
I actually never saw the Cutting Edge either, but I was looking at some of the old VHS tapes (so out-dated, I know!) my cousin left at my house - she's into 80s and 90s movies - and the Cutting Edge was in that collection! You make it sound really good so I will definitely watch it.

I agree with you about Go Figure and Ice Princess, especially Go Figure. It's one of the only movies I watch over and over because it's so cute and charming and funny. I feel like re-watching it right now, actually, haha!
Back to top Go down
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:31 am

I so want to watch The Cutting Edge but I don't know where to find it..T.T

At Youtube I could only find the sequels...I can't seem to find the original....
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:04 pm

FatiniAdlina wrote:

At Youtube I could only find the sequels...I can't seem to find the original....

i think i´ve found it Cool
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZG8JZJ10
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:15 pm

FatiniAdlina wrote:

If you're trying to find it for free, that might not be easy. I'm sure they have it on netflix though, and at any video store. It's also one of those movies that they play the hell out of on tv. I have no idea if you have netflix or any service like that in Malaysia, or what you have as far as cable, or satellite tv - or even if you get the channels that air this movie a lot. Here I have comcast, and I can search for a show that I want to find out when or if it's going to be coming on in two weeks, then set a reminder for it, or set my dvr to record it. If you don't have all the bells and whistles on your tv like that, there's always the internet to keep checking your listings for when it will be on next.

Also, the other day I was searching for figure skating (on my cable menu), and discovered that the new Ice Castles will be coming on Feb. 14th at 8:00 PM on the Hallmark Channel! I haven't seen this one yet, and even though I was looking for it to come out on dvd, I missed it. I'm kind of excited to see it finally! A new skating movie I haven't seen yet - yay!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Movies and Dramas   Figure Skating Movies and Dramas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure Skating Movies and Dramas
Page 1 of 1