Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Europeans

Go down 
+9
josling
polosatik
Aibhlin
kawaiimao
mash5
kaarolcia
Lady_in_black
europeanfan
Star85
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Europeans are right around the corner!

Bern, Switzerland
Mon. Jan. 24th - Sun. Jan 30th

Europeans Englisch-456

Entries/results:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011203.htm

Universal Sports TV schedule:
Mon, Jan 24th
Tue, Jan 25th
Tue, Jan 25th
Wed, Jan 26th
Wed, Jan 26th
Thu, Jan 27th
Thu, Jan 27th
Fri, Jan 28th
Fri, Jan 28th
Sat, Jan 29th
Sat, Jan 29th
Sun, Jan 30th
Sun, Jan 30th

This was all the info on their website. No times or events descriptions yet. Sorry Sad. If anyone else has this info, please share! On the positive side, looks like there will be plenty of coverage!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 pm

I ALWAYS have all exams during Euro champs Twisted Evil I think my professors check schedule of Euros, and then they choose dates of exams study Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:40 am

Me too! I was so excited to see the Short dance for the first time at Euros, but I won't be able to do it since at those hours I've got an exam! And the next days I'll be busy studying for the next one Sad
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm

europeanfan wrote:
I ALWAYS have all exams during Euro champs Twisted Evil I think my professors check schedule of Euros, and then they choose dates of exams study Very Happy
The same here!

Euros and Australian Open ALWAYS clash with my exam session! Disappointed

Remember when Euros was in Warsaw? I had Euros in my hometown, 15 minutes away from my home! And I couldn't go... I had my very first exam session in January, 8 exams in 2 weeks.. exactly during that time. I was devastated Depressed Crying I was so busy writing exams or studying for the next ones that I missed Euros in Warsaw completly.. Sad, Lonely

Of course now when I am older, have more experience and I am almost finishing my studies - I wouldn't care and I would go Laugh And now I am used to learning while watching Euros in fs and hearing the sound of ball hitting during the night Laugh Actually it is my fifth year that way now Dance

Anyway, of course I will watch some Euros Very Happy
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:58 am

kaarolcia wrote:

Anyway, of course I will watch some Euros Very Happy

Me too. None of exam will prevent me from doing it Laugh

I'm curious who will win ladies' competition. Lepisto is injured, Carolina doesn't do 3F and 3Lu so who? Kira? Noooo.... Frustrated I hope Alena will fight Wink
Back to top Go down
mash5

mash5

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:01 am

Iīd love to see Sarah Meier on the podium. Her last Europeans in her home country after a lot of injuries ... would be great to see her finishing the active career with a medal.
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:45 am

europeanfan wrote:

Me too. None of exam will prevent me from doing it Laugh

I'm curious who will win ladies' competition. Lepisto is injured, Carolina doesn't do 3F and 3Lu so who? Kira? Noooo.... Frustrated I hope Alena will fight Wink

I don't dare to predict the winner but I think it might be interesting to see how Ira Vannut is going to stack up against the European senior ladies.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 pm

I really have no idea what the podiums will look like this year!.... Carolina has been skating clean, but not very difficult. Laura won't even be there. There's lot's of newer up and coming skaters who might be threats. You have Kira, Sara, Elene, and Valentina, who usually don't medal, but are always there in the mix, and ya never know... Then you got all the Russian girls.... Like kawaiimao, I'm not even going to try to guess!

As for the guys, I think it'safe to bet that there will be at least one French guy on the podium, but other than that, I'm not sure...

As for pairs, I'm sure the germans will win. Second and third should be Russian teams (not sure which ones though...).
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 am

Swedish live coverage link (for those interested). It should work for everyone in Europe, I think..

http://svtplay.se/t/103698/konstakning
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm soooo in love with Katya and Dima new short dance. Josh Groban. Love Hearts Love
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:29 am

I wonder what temperature on the ice rink in Bern is. All people in the audience wear coats, caps and blankets, even competitiors warm up in sweatshirts Shocked.

I love SP of Aliona & Robin Wub I couldn't watch dances but I watched pairs. I love what italian and germany pairs showed, K& S were good either, but they've never been my favs.

And their music during step sequence is so squeaky... Panic!
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 am

europeanfan wrote:
I wonder what temperature on the ice rink in Bern is. All people in the audience wear coats, caps and blankets, even competitiors warm up in sweatshirts Shocked.

According to the Swedish commentator the temperature in the rink is unusually cold for a skating
championship...
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:29 am

Aibhlin wrote:
europeanfan wrote:

According to the Swedish commentator the temperature in the rink is unusually cold for a skating
championship...

All skating rinks in Switzerland are quite cold... Skaters and coaches complained about that because of the higher risk of injury in that coldness! silent

I loove Savchenko/Szolkowy's programs. Just brilliant!!! Wub
And did you see Kristoffer Berntsson's SP? Absolutely beautiful. And who has around 3 points more than Berntsson in PCS?! Exactly, Brian Joubert.... Who, me?
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:24 am

josling wrote:

And did you see Kristoffer Berntsson's SP? Absolutely beautiful. And who has around 3 points more than Berntsson in PCS?! Exactly, Brian Joubert.... Who, me?

Always love me some Koffe. Cool

He may not be the most musical skater but I like that he often uses more creative choreography than some of the other top skaters... At least it makes it interesting to watch.

Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Sorry about the tv airings I posted up before. The page I got it from said tv listings, but it was obviously wrong. I think that was some sort of live shedule.... I think universal sports will be airing the competition some time next month. Not sure though... Anyone else know?
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 am

Congrats to Sarah! queen
Although I'm not exactly her fan, that was a well deserved and very moving victory before her home crowd, especially after all she's been through recently.
What a fantastic competition for her! Encore

On the other hand I can't help feeling that Carolina was ridiculously overscored again! Disappointed
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 am

Congratulations to the winners esp. to Sarah! Encore

Sarah's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfWrARyEOOw

Wonderful skate. Plus her shocked reaction in the kiss and cry and the jubilation of the crowd was priceless. Wub

Added bonus for showing Stephane in the clip. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm really happy for Sarah - she nailed her first performance of the season and captured the gold medal at home! I'm also happy for Carolina. She put the flip back in, but didn't implode after making a couple of mistakes.
Back to top Go down
mash5

mash5

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:30 pm

OMG ... I just watched Sarahīs performance on Eurosport and I had tears in my eyes. What an emotional atmosphere ! She really deserved to win. Congrats to her ! What can be more fulfilling than winning the European title in front of your home crowd at your very last competition ?! WOW !!! cheers
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm

mash5 wrote:
OMG ... I just watched Sarahīs performance on Eurosport and I had tears in my eyes. What an emotional atmosphere ! She really deserved to win. Congrats to her ! What can be more fulfilling than winning the European title in front of your home crowd at your very last competition ?! WOW !!! cheers
A_M_A_Z_I_N_G !!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
mash5

mash5

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:26 am

I was a little shocked to see Carolina winning the free. She seemed indeed overscored as kawaiimao already mentioned. Unfortunately it was a similar situation compared to Worlds last year when Yu-Na won the free despite mistakes and Mao was placed second although she did a wonderful clean skate.

For me there was no doubt that Sarah should win the free when she finished her program yesterday .... then I saw the marks and I couldnīt believe it. More than 3 points behind Carolina in the free. O.K., Caro certainly deserves higher PCS, but with that disastrous short program, no lutz and just one failed flip attempt she was only two points behind Sarah in total. And Sarah had no mistake at all during the whole competition.

I generally like Caroīs skating very much, but here I donīt understand the judging. Imagine Sarah would have doubled just one of her triples. Then Caro would have taken the gold. With that performances ? No !
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:10 am

mash5 wrote:
I was a little shocked to see Carolina winning the free. She seemed indeed overscored as kawaiimao already mentioned. Unfortunately it was a similar situation compared to Worlds last year when Yu-Na won the free despite mistakes and Mao was placed second although she did a wonderful clean skate.

For me there was no doubt that Sarah should win the free when she finished her program yesterday .... then I saw the marks and I couldnīt believe it. More than 3 points behind Carolina in the free. O.K., Caro certainly deserves higher PCS, but with that disastrous short program, no lutz and just one failed flip attempt she was only two points behind Sarah in total. And Sarah had no mistake at all during the whole competition.

I generally like Caroīs skating very much, but here I donīt understand the judging. Imagine Sarah would have doubled just one of her triples. Then Caro would have taken the gold. With that performances ? No !

And Sarah also did two clean lutzes, which are worth a lot of points.
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:31 pm

I was happy to see a sentimental favourite of mine (Meier) finally rise to the occasion and stand at the top of the podium but I have to be honest - ladies' skating in Europe is just not in a good place right now. Watching the ladies' free I felt almost as cold inside as most of the spectators must have been feeling. Ok, maybe I'm over-exaggerating a little but it really did leave me feeling very sad. I am no great fan of Kostner but having seen her live I do agree that if she ever got her act together she'd be hitting World podium after podium. But she has never done that, yet has never been off the European podium which again says something about the level of that competition. The two Finnish women have very good skating skills as well as speed (though not Kostner level) and choreo and movements. But they are also wildly inconsistent. Once the baby Russians enter the senior stage, will there be any political clout left for Kostner + Finns? They are missing their chance to truly shine (even though imho they do get some help from the judges).
As a European, it's just sad to see such wasted potential. :/

And it actually got me thinking of something Verner said, when he credited his coach with his improved consistency. Apparently in Europe they never do full run-throughs yet he claimed that it was his coach's insistence that he perform them that has resulted in a more stabile season for him (by Verner status, that is). Rumor has it that Kostner also left Carroll because she didn't want to do run-throughs. Not being a figure skater myself (though I've skated on ice pads, lakes and rinks since childhood - I am Scandinavian after all Wink ) I wonder: could this be part of the European problem with inconsistent skaters, that they train the program and jumps separately leaving the skater less chance to build up muscle memory? But at the same time, I know it is way too simple a solution. I just can't help to wonder...
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:21 pm

Aibhlin wrote:
I was happy to see a sentimental favourite of mine (Meier) finally rise to the occasion and stand at the top of the podium but I have to be honest - ladies' skating in Europe is just not in a good place right now. Watching the ladies' free I felt almost as cold inside as most of the spectators must have been feeling. Ok, maybe I'm over-exaggerating a little but it really did leave me feeling very sad. I am no great fan of Kostner but having seen her live I do agree that if she ever got her act together she'd be hitting World podium after podium. But she has never done that, yet has never been off the European podium which again says something about the level of that competition. The two Finnish women have very good skating skills as well as speed (though not Kostner level) and choreo and movements. But they are also wildly inconsistent. Once the baby Russians enter the senior stage, will there be any political clout left for Kostner + Finns? They are missing their chance to truly shine (even though imho they do get some help from the judges).
As a European, it's just sad to see such wasted potential. :/

And it actually got me thinking of something Verner said, when he credited his coach with his improved consistency. Apparently in Europe they never do full run-throughs yet he claimed that it was his coach's insistence that he perform them that has resulted in a more stabile season for him (by Verner status, that is). Rumor has it that Kostner also left Carroll because she didn't want to do run-throughs. Not being a figure skater myself (though I've skated on ice pads, lakes and rinks since childhood - I am Scandinavian after all Wink ) I wonder: could this be part of the European problem with inconsistent skaters, that they train the program and jumps separately leaving the skater less chance to build up muscle memory? But at the same time, I know it is way too simple a solution. I just can't help to wonder...

This is actually a reason for inconsistency. It is much easier to land all of your jumps on fresh legs with breaks in between them in practice. However, doing them one after another with linking choreo and spins really tires you out. Actually, the most tiring thing about a program is the spins because you have to hold your breath in the crazy COP variations. Anyway, if you even skip one day of doing a full run-through, you really feel it the next day, and that program is usually not so great. This is a simple solution, but many of the skaters don't have the motivation to train like this.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Are you serious?! They really don't practice their programs all the way through in Europe before competition?! As someone who's done lot's of performing arts, I can say that I would never dream of performing, or competition without practicing my routines over and over again all the way through. I wouldn't feel prepared or confident. It would also be good to know that I for sure that when the program is all put together it wouldn't be too hard for me or I would run out of steam by the end.

So Sarah won?! Wow, I'm happy for her! Is this really her last season?

Also very happy to hear that Florent won mens! I really like him, and he's becoming one of my favorite guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Europeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Europeans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next