Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Europeans

Go down 
+9
josling
polosatik
Aibhlin
kawaiimao
mash5
kaarolcia
Lady_in_black
europeanfan
Star85
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

Europeans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

So happy that Sarah won, even though i thought she should have won the long program....sad to see her retire. I also love to watch Florent skate
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Europeans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 am

Our commentators of Eurosport said that Joubert & Amodio slept together in one room and Joubert said that Florent is a great guy but he talks too much during sleeping Laugh

Sarah Meier was gorgeous!!! Clean winner in her home country!! amazing!!

Aibhlin wrote:
I was happy to see a sentimental favourite of mine (Meier) finally rise to the occasion and stand at the top of the podium but I have to be honest - ladies' skating in Europe is just not in a good place right now.

ITA Yep, Sadly We have to wait for our young, russian stars Wink
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Europeans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Star85 wrote:
Are you serious?! They really don't practice their programs all the way through in Europe before competition?!.

I was very tired writing this, so I have to sort of add an amendment: if I recall correctly, Verner said they don't do full run-throughs, not that they never do it at all. Possibly he only meant that they don't do them on a regular basis? Still, this struck me as odd. Embarassed

Also, this is Verner's take. And the situation in say, Russia, could be quite different than on the continent... Plus I know in my own country is it extremely difficult for figure skaters to get ice time at all. We have a lot of rinks but hockey is practically the National sport, so the few skaters we have are crammed. My guess is even if someone practicing said they were into figure skating they would be met by scratch and Rolling Eyes followed by the question: is that like, a sport , or something?

Anyway, I can't wait for the Russians to grow up. So many promising skaters from this year's junior crop...
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

Europeans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:33 pm

They do run-throughs, but not everyday/multiple times every day like in America and Canada. They might do them once a week, or a short one day and a long the next.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Europeans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 am

Ksusha who used to train in USA and now is training in Russia, said that she is doing much more run-throughs and has more ice time. So it depends I guess. And also the difference between Russia and USA, in Russia federation pays for your ice time, as I understood in USA you should pay it by yourself.
And before competitions Europeans for sure have run-throughs Smile That's how we knew about Katya's new dress)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Europeans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europeans   Europeans - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Europeans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2