Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa Empty
PostSubject: Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa   Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XXZHLVjIYE

A really funny video. Smile Shizuka answers some basic questions about figure skating (Why is it called "figure" skating? What jump is the most difficult? Does a higher jump gets more points? Do skaters close eyes while spinning?Etc..)

My favourite part was when (at around 11 minutes) they taped a mini video camera to Shizuka's head and had her do a scratch spin. Then they played a video taped while Shizuka was spinning. Whirly Whirly Whirly

Oh, and there's a cute clip of young Midori Ito doing the figures. She looked so adorable in those glasses and outfit! Laugh

There are also a few clips with Mao (nothing new, sadly).
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa   Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:41 pm

thaaanks for the link okami, but do you thiink there will be some news about mao soon I mean worlds are right round the corner and I would simply love to know what mao and sato decide to do as well as too know what further changes they might have done... but at the same time I really hope that mao will be able to practice in peace and prepare for worlds..
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa   Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:45 am

Okami wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XXZHLVjIYE

A really funny video. Smile Shizuka answers some basic questions about figure skating (Why is it called "figure" skating? What jump is the most difficult? Does a higher jump gets more points? Do skaters close eyes while spinning?Etc..)

My favourite part was when (at around 11 minutes) they taped a mini video camera to Shizuka's head and had her do a scratch spin. Then they played a video taped while Shizuka was spinning. Whirly Whirly Whirly

Oh, and there's a cute clip of young Midori Ito doing the figures. She looked so adorable in those glasses and outfit! Laugh

There are also a few clips with Mao (nothing new, sadly).

She is so funny! lol!
I was always a fan of Shizuka's skating -
and frankly I feel she still has it somewhere lol
That ina-bauer is gorgeous! Smile

And as always the jap reporters were on my nerves with those extended sighs of amazement! :s
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
scratch

I am also very nervous to hear from Mao! Sad
I wish you all the best but am still very nervous....
Back to top Go down
wedd123

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa   Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:00 am

thaaanks for the link okami, but do you thiink there will be some news about mao soon I mean worlds are right round the corner and I would simply love to know what mao and sato decide to do as well as too know what further changes they might have done... but at the same time I really hope that mao will be able to practice in peace and prepare for worlds..
crystal ring

crystal earrings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa   Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure Skating Q&A with Shizuka Arakawa
Page 1 of 1