Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread

Go down 
+71
inspiration*
sapphiresky
shar
Cloviece
dlnnyc
kaarolcia
Canness
gurami
ElleluvsL
mash5
Hitomi
swan
kitty
Hotaru
coolmeia
apple4me
andrey_69
ericacsy
Mirai
Aibhlin
chineseteacup
illani
dawnsherearequiet
iceskatingfan
polly10
josling
Okami
roma
tianrushui
ddmm
Jtsmith1
Star85
Luckyone
bibi
☆Genie
PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
snowdrops24
jkblues
klarification
periperi
Afsfan
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Alokya
Artistry
maowataiyo
polosatik
linglang
Lelya
chiyori
clovera
SAKURA
dangerous_angel_face
KariDebate
timdanlo
babayaga
aoi88
Ken Himura
bellarina
Lady_in_black
MikiAndoFan#1
MaoChan756
BowbowDaijin
Haidogirl
hazelq
Mao_Asada_sunrise
kawaiimao
maofan93
alyssa
ballerinamao
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:44 am

Miki will be 26. Irina Slutskaya won worlds when she was 26, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:29 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
Miki will be 26. Irina Slutskaya won worlds when she was 26, so who knows.

Sounds positive the way you say it cat
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:45 am

I have a stupid question. What's this preliminary round? Who's taking part?

Quote :
Preliminary Round
21stMon

Pairs (FS)
13:00〜
Men (FS)
16:00〜

22ndTue

Ice Dance (FD)
9:30〜
Ladies (FS)
13:00〜

I heard something about it, but don't remember what it is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
SAKURA

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 am

alyssa wrote:
I have a stupid question. What's this preliminary round? Who's taking part?

I heard something about it, but don't remember what it is.

You can see the entry lists of the world championships 2011 from the following site.
http://deep-edge.net/list.php?s=2010&no=13
(a Japanese figure skating fan created a very informative website!)

The number of entries is 46 ladies and 45 men, but only 30 can make the SP in each category. Among them 18 skaters are already qualified (they are marked with D), and others have to participate in the preliminary round. The number of pairs is not large, so there is not preliminary round.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:47 pm

alyssa wrote:
I have a stupid question. What's this preliminary round? Who's taking part? ... I heard something about it, but don't remember what it is.
ISU decided to put them back (in a different format from before, however) to lower the number of total skaters in the short program (or short dance) and by extension, to not drag out that particular segment of the competition. I'll add on to what SAKURA wrote above with this quote from the official website of this year's Worlds.

Quote :
From this season, preliminary round will be executed in case of large entries. According to the result of previous World Championships, Member Federations will obtain a quota/s to excuse participating in the preliminary round as much as skater/s placed under 18th for Men and Ladies, 12th for Pairs, 15th for Ice Dance; and divided into two groups (preliminary round skaters and direct entry skaters).
Due to Tono's unfortunate disaster at last year's Worlds the Japanese men have two quotas (i.e., two skaters directly qualified to the SP) instead of three. As a result, the skater with the lowest ISU rank before the competition IIRC - in this particular case, Kozu - will have to participate in the preliminary round. This doesn't apply to the American men or the Japanese ladies since all three skaters placed better than 18th at last year's Worlds.

Hope this helps! I love you
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Thank you! for the explanation.
Poor Taka-chan. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Poor Taka-chan... I hope he won't be too tired come the real LP. I understand that he's the lowest ranked japanese skater in the ISU rankings and that's the way it works, but he has the second best total score of the season (it's funny really... he's like over 50 points clear of all the other skaters who will have to qualify). I wonder if they debated using the Season Rakings... Would have been a good idea too.

Anyway, I just hope all the japanese men (and ladies) skate well so that this doesn't happen next year! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm

I also am afraid the QR will tire Taka out, but maybe he can approach it like an exhibition/warmup for the real thing. Of course, he should aim to win as he is the best skater BY FAR who has to qualify, but toning it down a little and then really GOING FOR IT in the long would be a good plan.
Back to top Go down
Lelya

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 am

My dream podium is Mao-Miki-Kanako & Dai-Nobu-Tomas.
Love
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyEUQk1yH_Y

Mao in Euro Sports Ad.

Looking forward to watching Mao's performance with those British commentators Razz
Hope someone kindly posts it on YT.

Just thinking about the competition, I have sweaty palms already. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 am

linglang wrote:

Mao in Euro Sports Ad.

Looking forward to watching Mao's performance with those British commentators Razz
Hope someone kindly posts it on YT.

Just thinking about the competition, I have sweaty palms already. Very Happy
Yey!Triple axels! Razz I can't wait to hear British guys, even I have Russian eurosport with a commentator who loves Mao I still want to watch WC with British guys too. sunny
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:09 am

Today's Nikkei had an interview of Mao.

The following is excerpt from the article:

Mao says she's remarkably (ガンガン) getting better and better. She knows that her FP with new choreography was received very well and it boosted her confidence. Her 3A in FP @ 4CC had good entrance with almost no body tilting. Her lutz is becoming consistent. She's getting back jumps that she used to land when she was 15. (I predict there will be some argument about her lutz and 15-y-o jumps Rolling Eyes)

She thinks Team Sato is really good for her in every aspect. Sato sensei is with her almost everyday and Kumiko sensei teaches her a few days a week. Also she is practicing with Taka-chan, a male skater who is dozens times better than her.

Sato sensei let her practice until she is fully satisfied. But he makes sure that she doesn't practice too much before competitions. He has a good control over Mao's jumps and health.

Mao thinks nothing special about Worlds although it will be held in Tokyo and doesn't care about winning her second consecutive title. It is the biggest game of a season as usual. She is more stable mentally and technically than before. She wants to concentrate on delivering her best performances by executing all elements without points deduction.

http://p.twipple.jp/pbvdg

Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:02 am

Lelya wrote:
My dream podium is Mao-Miki-Kanako & Dai-Nobu-Tomas.
Love

Lol lets remove Thomas and put Takahiko please cat

Quote :

Mao in Euro Sports Ad.

GYAAAA i saw this too already!
But i will hope, german Eurosport wont replace the competiton again and bring cycling or so, like they did last year! *still mad* Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:33 am

has mao said anything about if she wants to include a 3-3 in her programs?
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:15 am

ballerinamao wrote:
has mao said anything about if she wants to include a 3-3 in her programs?

I think about that she is talking as much as Miki is doing! Faint2
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 am

thaanks for the links and news about mao but i'm really still really nervous... worlds is right aroiund the corner and the little bit of news we get about mao is not much. by the way does anyone know if mao is going to change her fs costume to a red one, since maos fs music is liebestraum which means dreams of love and I think a red coutume would fit it really well...
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:09 am

Thank you, linglang! I was in dire need of a Mao fix. Razz
I can't wait to hear the British guys talk about Mao too! I'm so excited!!! (squeals)

I love the article you posted and translated for us! Thanks! I think Mao is in a good place mentally. I especially liked the tidbit in the article where Mao got scolded by Sato-sensei for attempting to do a jump midway through his conversation. It shows how much she loves the sport. Yep!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:22 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Thank you, linglang! I was in dire need of a Mao fix. Razz
I can't wait to hear the British guys talk about Mao too! I'm so excited!!! (squeals)

I love the article you posted and translated for us! Thanks! I think Mao is in a good place mentally. I especially liked the tidbit in the article where Mao got scolded by Sato-sensei for attempting to do a jump midway through his conversation. It shows how much she loves the sport. Yep!

what?? when did mao do that where did you read it, could you please translate that article?
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
what?? when did mao do that where did you read it, could you please translate that article?

But linglang already translated the article and she did a wonderful job! Laugh
There was a slight mention where Mao was asked if the coach had ever gotten mad at her. She said when her condition was bad, she was a little impatient and attempted to do a jump while Sato-sensei was still speaking. He got mad at her and yelled, "I'm not finished talking!". Nothing big, but I think Mao was just so anxious to improve her jumps. D
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:31 pm

thaaanks for the translation lool I was just soo surprised...
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:31 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

There was a slight mention where Mao was asked if the coach had ever gotten mad at her. She said when her condition was bad, she was a little impatient and attempted to do a jump while Sato-sensei was still speaking. He got mad at her and yelled, "I'm not finished talking!". Nothing big, but I think Mao was just so anxious to improve her jumps. D

Thanks maowataiyo. Razz Sorry ballerinamao, I didn't translate everything in the article because I didn't have time. Sweatdrop

The part of the article maowataiyo mentioned made me laugh when I read it and I felt kind of relieved and happy.

In a Japanese figure skating magazine, Yukari gave an interview after she retired and she talked about Sato sensei. She says Sato sensei is basically strict and scary. But she wonders if Sato sensei can get angry at Mao and scold her. She said it laughing.

It's good to know that there is no barrier of reserve between Mao and Sato sensei at training.

In a book on Mao published recently, Mao is asked what her ultimate dream is. When she is thinking about it for a while, Sato sensei joins the interview. He says he expects Mao to become a figure skater who will win despite one jump mistakes or two. (like Patric ??? Shocked ) He believes Mao will become a much higher skater if her skating skill, the basis of figure skating, improves. She will become a supreme figure skater. That is his dream. Mao is his dream.

Then, Mao says with a wicked grin that her ultimate dream is to make Sato sensei's dream come true. Razz
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:55 pm

linglang wrote:
In a book on Mao published recently, Mao is asked what her ultimate dream is. When she is thinking about it for a while, Sato sensei joins the interview. He says he expects Mao to become a figure skater who will win despite one jump mistakes or two. (like Patric ??? ) He believes Mao will become a much higher skater if her skating skill, the basis of figure skating, improves. She will become a supreme figure skater. That is his dream. Mao is his dream.

Then, Mao says with a wicked grin that her ultimate dream is to make Sato sensei's dream come true. Razz

That's our Mao- so altruistic. lol!

Is the book part of the series that put out "16" or something of that sort? Please grant us your review. Smile
I've only read magazine interviews from Mao, things like "Number" & stuff. If it has substance I think I'm gonna go order it online or try to go to a Japanese bookstore.
Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

linglang wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Thanks maowataiyo. Razz Sorry ballerinamao, I didn't translate everything in the article because I didn't have time. Sweatdrop

The part of the article maowataiyo mentioned made me laugh when I read it and I felt kind of relieved and happy.

In a Japanese figure skating magazine, Yukari gave an interview after she retired and she talked about Sato sensei. She says Sato sensei is basically strict and scary. But she wonders if Sato sensei can get angry at Mao and scold her. She said it laughing.

It's good to know that there is no barrier of reserve between Mao and Sato sensei at training.

In a book on Mao published recently, Mao is asked what her ultimate dream is. When she is thinking about it for a while, Sato sensei joins the interview. He says he expects Mao to become a figure skater who will win despite one jump mistakes or two. (like Patric ??? Shocked ) He believes Mao will become a much higher skater if her skating skill, the basis of figure skating, improves. She will become a supreme figure skater. That is his dream. Mao is his dream.

I just Love team Sato.....this has to be the best coach-skater relationship i have seen in a while.....it would be awesome for her to make Sato's dream come true
Back to top Go down
Artistry

Artistry

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm

I'd like to say, on the topic of the LP dress color - I think it is perfect. I believe the program's interpretation and the costume accent the "Dreams" part of the musical piece, with emphasis on its romantic nature, as opposed to pure passion. Purple/blue hues are usually associated with dreamy, idealistic imagery. Also, if her tango is fiery, red would be best left for that.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 pm

linglang wrote:
Today's Nikkei had an interview of Mao.

The following is excerpt from the article:

Mao says she's remarkably (ガンガン) getting better and better. She knows that her FP with new choreography was received very well and it boosted her confidence. Her 3A in FP @ 4CC had good entrance with almost no body tilting. Her lutz is becoming consistent. She's getting back jumps that she used to land when she was 15. (I predict there will be some argument about her lutz and 15-y-o jumps Rolling Eyes)

She thinks Team Sato is really good for her in every aspect. Sato sensei is with her almost everyday and Kumiko sensei teaches her a few days a week. Also she is practicing with Taka-chan, a male skater who is dozens times better than her.

Sato sensei let her practice until she is fully satisfied. But he makes sure that she doesn't practice too much before competitions. He has a good control over Mao's jumps and health.

Mao thinks nothing special about Worlds although it will be held in Tokyo and doesn't care about winning her second consecutive title. It is the biggest game of a season as usual. She is more stable mentally and technically than before. She wants to concentrate on delivering her best performances by executing all elements without points deduction.

http://p.twipple.jp/pbvdg

Did she really say "remarkably"? Wow! I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread   World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Pre-competition thread
Page 2 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next