Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

Go down 
+72
polly10
sofia
goldmao
jirachiness
ClairDeMao
bibi
ashcroft1086
COHK
Lelya
Cloviece
Alokya
shar
maofan93
chapis
zarinaballerina
itcaip
icetea
Spacey
will_power
Mao_Asada_sunrise
fefe_sky
Luckyone
dlnnyc
FatiniAdlina
Hotaru
kitty
babayaga
sarahjoanne419
Ken Himura
Rachel
bellarina
Afsfan
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
Yunamao
i♥MAO
supportmaoasada
snowdrops24
iceskatingfan
illani
sapphiresky
KariDebate
europeanfan
jkblues
ericacsy
Lee
periperi
alyssa
apple4me
swan
josling
linglang
Mirai
dawnsherearequiet
Lady_in_black
clovera
aoi88
roma
PochinkoPotanko
kawaiimao
kaarolcia
MaoChan756
Haidogirl
Canness
ddmm
polosatik
chiyori
Dani-Chan
ElleluvsL
klarification
maowataiyo
Okami
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 am

aoi88 wrote:

I think it was probably due to the two-foot on her 3F. On replay, it was pretty obvious. Mao's jumps, save the loop, were not as the good as what I saw in practices. I think she was nervous and the mistake on the 3A didn't make it better. I am always on the fence about the 3A in the short. It's very risky and tends to affect the rest of her performance if it doesn't go well. That's why I had some doubts when they changed the rules to allow a 3A in the short. A triple-triple may be a better choice and this way, they don't have to front-load her jumps. I wonder if Sato will go this path when Mao's 3-3 becomes more stable.

Okay, I see what you mean now. Mao could definitely skate better, a 3-3 in the SP and 3A in FS will be a good strategy when you consider how draining the 3A in the SP is. And let's be honest, the good thing about this is we won't hear Agony Tango again! Ugh! I hope Mao can magically hear our pleas and skate to something by Hisaishi for once.

BTW, here is Aunt Joyce's take on the short: http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogspot.com/2011/04/ladies-short.html

Her thoughts were balanced enough although her last statements about Mao didn't make me laugh. Mad
Back to top Go down
ericacsy

ericacsy

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:55 am

WOW. I am not going to watch anyone else's programme until the programme is over. But I watched Mao's. I love it. The vast improvement. The energy is is definitely sky rocketed compared to her previous performance. GO MAO. I've faith that she can totally catch up tmr.
Back to top Go down
http://moredistraction.tumblr.com/
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:00 am

aoi88 wrote:
Okay, I didn't watch Mao live because I was too nervous (I am kinda glad I didn't now. Sad ). But I heard several people notice that Mao looked really skinny. Actually, I also felt she looked really skinny in practices. I know Mao controls her weight for competitions but do you guys feel it's a bit much? Sometimes, I feel Mao's lack of energy and speed nowadays is due to her being so skinny. I remember Mao used to look much sturdier back in 2008 and her speed/energy was better then.

I think it was basically the costume design that made her look real skinny. Now we can all understand why they went for the rose bra look before.

I just finished watching the Japanese broadcast...and well, I'm like this close to quit watching this sport. I can stand Mao's scores, and I think her team knew something like that would be coming in case of a worst scenario. She'll be more dignified in an unpressuring way to skate her best tomorrow, and might make it to the podium like Takahiko. But the way they scored Yuna again, is simply getting too stressful for me to keep watching this sport. I only hope Miki can deliver as good as she did in Nats tomorrow, and win this competition fair and square. But unless Yuna misses a jump or two, I suppose the judges simply want to hand her the title and would do so. Above anything, I can't possibly understand why Yuna can score more for her spins than Czisny. Anyone can see that Czisny's spins are not just good but super-great, and Mirai might be the only female skater who may have a chance to score better in spins. Handing Yuna more GOEs in spins than to Czisny is purely insulting to her, and the judges had better have a clean explanation to why they did that.

I can already sense millions in Japan accusing the Korean Fed and ISU of bribery and lobbying once again. I'm not really into conspiracy theories, but only think that a certain amount of lobbying does go on. I was able to live with that, since I think it's the same situation in any sport. But I've really been depressed after the earthquake and tsunamis and having to have to check the radiation amount in Tokyo, both in air and in water everyday recently, and ladies' SP turning out like this is already too much for me to cope with mentally at the moment. I know it's not fair to mix my personal emotions on what I've been going through the past month or so, but after being told we should fear mother nature, I feel like we're being told not to trust human nature now. And I regret having to have to say, that we were at least lucky this didn't happen last month in Tokyo.

I guess these months or years will not be the best for our country in many ways including FS. I thought this competition being held in Moscow this month could encourage all of us in Japan, but except for Takahiko winning silver, the way it's turning out isn't making me or anybody else here feel better. When Pattie scored over 10 points in SP, it was like being told that the judges are going to make him win no matter what, and those who were rooting for other skaters lost everything to look forward to the next day. That should mean that over half the percentage of FS fans weren't excited to see mens FP. Amodio even knew from the start he wouldn't make the podium anyway, and I guess that's why he decided to use music with the lyrics in them; I think he wanted his fans to understand that he'll only be performing his FP for them and not the judges.

The only element which Yuna seemed better than Miki tonight was speed IMO. Miki herself said in the Japanese broadcast interview after her performance that although she was able to finish her SP safely, she thought she lacked some speed cause she got a bit tired. But when you consider the music she was skating to, the lack of speed which she mentioned didn't bother me a bit. Her performance was like a beautiful little prayer, for me it had alot of healing power and from what I know about what kind of a person Miki is, I knew she put alot of emotion in every move. I thought she would be doing a 3-3 today, but I think she decided not to to keep the pro 100% clean, which she probabaly thought was much more important not just to win, but for all of us in Japan watching. Taking too much risk and being thrown out of the podium race, would've broken our hearts just like mens SP. I think that was the one thing she wanted to avoid, and it was the right decision when you think about how Mao and Kanako turned out.

I wish I could just feel raged about the results tonight, but I only feel sad instead. I hope so much that Miki can win tomorrow and that Mao may still be able to make the podium, but I've lost all faith in the judges this time, hoping for such endings will most likely just make me feel even worse. Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:05 am

Thanks snowdrops for the links.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/110429/spm1104292345017-n1.htm

Mr. Sato:
(Asada) lacked power. She also had some weight loss. (After Tokyo world was canceled), she had to ease up mentally, but she couldn't get back into good shape. It's up to her whether she will do 3A in FP or not.

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20110429-768495.html

Mao:
I accept the result. I was concerned about 3As because I wasn't able to land clean 3A at all since I came here. I don't know why. I'm planning to do 3A in FP. I want to deliver a stable performance.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:07 am

OMG

...I now curse myself for the PCS Prom King and PCS Prom Queen comment - Bawling
I never really thought people could be so stupid and debased like that!...

I am sorry - I used to appreciate Yuna - But there is a limit for all this!
She almost FELL! SHE DID!
And she is ahead of a clean Miki?! Neutral
Seriously - If you people just want her to win - then go ahead - make a competition out of her head! Make her win this thing...

I know - all has been said - But I think this is my level!
I can't take anymore - Frankly - I don't understand how no one seems to find anything wrong?
Its like "Oh Yuna leads yay!"

I just want to shove someone down! Very Mad

If it helps - I even cried a bit - I couldn't help it - It was stronger than me -
And now - I really hope of nothing! The gold is for Yuna - (unless she decides to WD - No reason she won't get the gold - she might just get on the ice - decide to sing a song or do some nice photo poses and they'll gift her the gold medal!)...
and the silver will be fought between Miki and that Russian girl (Yeah since this is being done in Moscow - we gotta thank the federation by letting a Russian skater get on the podium!)...
What can you do when your best is simply not good enough? Sad
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:10 am

Lady_in_black wrote:

I know, I felt the same way at first. Just take a deep breath Smile It's not the skaters's fault. Tomorrow is another day flower

Yeah, I know, I'll calm down after a while.
Still, nothing's gonna persuade me there's not some dirty politicking going on in Yu-Na's favour since the 2007/2008 season.
I'm not saying she's to blame, but somebody sure is.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 am

klarification wrote:

BTW, here is Aunt Joyce's take on the short: http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogspot.com/2011/04/ladies-short.html

Her thoughts were balanced enough although her last statements about Mao didn't make me laugh. Mad

I'm hot and cold about Aunt Joyce. I am aware his comments are meant to be taken sarcastically but some of them just come off wrong. However, he does appreciate Mao's skating (even if he favors Yuna) and I do sense that he's not fond of Amano. geek

But I enjoy Morozombie's posts more. Here's his recap
http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2011/04/2011-worlds-ladiezzz-sp.html#more (Yes, he agrees that Yuna shouldn't be first!)
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 am

itcaip wrote:
Mao looked like a wet noodle out there. slim, powerless, exhausted...

Her 3A in practice looked really bad and so it was today. I don't know when her new jumping technique will pay off, but it will take a long time. She was one of the few who had the "<" sign three times in her protocol.

maybe she can pull a kozuka tomorrow but i don't think so....

well her jumping technique has already paid off, her jumps seem light and done with no effort, and her axel maybe wasn't fully rotated, but it still looked awsome with legs tight and very fast rotation she just didn't get enough height to complete the rotation, but otherwise I think mao's programm was simply amazing her jumps look great with great height and good flow in and out f the jumps.. and all the other element looked awsome too... I am soo disappointed seeing the low score and looking at the current standing but you know what I loved mao's program and I think she did an incredible job... and for me mao didn't look exhaustet at all on the contrasy she was much faster than the last time she did her sp which was at 4cc... anyway I'm not worried at all, knwing mao she is going to be on fire tomorrow and her fs is simply a masterpiece...
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:13 am

kawaiimao wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

I know, I felt the same way at first. Just take a deep breath Smile It's not the skaters's fault. Tomorrow is another day flower

Yeah, I know, I'll calm down after a while.
Still, nothing's gonna persuade me there's not some dirty politicking going on in Yu-Na's favour since the 2007/2008 season.
I'm not saying she's to blame, but somebody sure is.

I agree with you on this. Let's just hope Mao has a good skate tomorrow and she'll be happy about it. That's all I want right now for her. She seems to take it well, I'm so proud of her
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:14 am

(((((((((((((((PochinkoPotanko)))))))))))))

Like a Star @ heaven http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/110430/oth11043000330001-n1.htm

An official says that Mao is 4-5kg below her normal weight. Crying or Very sad

Thank you, linglang very much for translating. cheers
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:14 am

I just checked the protocolls again and there is something where I would put a big question mark on...: Rachael had a level 4 in her steps Question scratch confused Just crazy....

Last edited by josling on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 am

snowdrops24 wrote:

Like a Star @ heaven http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/110430/oth11043000330001-n1.htm

That worries me. 5 kilos? I suspect an eating disorder to be honest
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:17 am

josling wrote:
I just rewatched the protocolls and there is something where I would put a big question mark...: Rachael had a level 4 in her steps Question Question scratch

WOW! I checked again; yes she did receive level 4 for her steps.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
josling wrote:
I just rewatched the protocolls and there is something where I would put a big question mark...: Rachael had a level 4 in her steps Question Question scratch

WOW! I checked again; yes she did receive level 4 for her steps.

scratch huh?!
Even the 'Queen of PCS' did not get a level 4!? -_-
Seriously - I sense some kind of cheap politics behind all this...
I am not really suspicious - I never even believed about conspiracies -_-
But all of this - is just disgusting!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:21 am

That's a lot of weight loss. No
I agree with you Pochi, the dress didn't highlight her figure very well either.

Last edited by aoi88 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:22 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
josling wrote:

WOW!
I completely overlooked that. Shocked

Well...her steps aren't bad by any means; it's definitely one of the stronger step sequences done by the ladies this season. It's just completely out of left field alongside all the other fascinating judging decisions that have been made this Worlds. Fried
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
snowdrops24 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far... I'd say she might have been a little depressed following the events in Japan and when Worlds were cancelled in Tokyo, and then when she learned they were relocated, she might have tried to hard to get back in top shape, resulting in more weight loss than planned.

And 5 kilos? Are the skaters weighted before every comp? She is visibly skinnier, but 5 kg is a lot for someone who was so tiny to begin with... if she'd lost that much weight I think she would look completely gaunt, hollow cheeks, skeletal arms and all... I don't know...
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:30 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
snowdrops24 wrote:

I am pretty sure - NOT. But believes that Mao was more affected by the emotional turmoil that came with the earthquake and radiation crisis than we had initially imagined.

Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:33 am

I hope you are right! Am I the only one who feels this championships should not have taken place at all? I mean, everything seems messed up. The skating, the judging, those world records....
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 am

Well, on the bright side, I don't think Kim will make a new world record tomorrow, unless she gets like 160 in the FS.
Oh wait, she could still exceed 150 in the FS. I know sounds impossible, but I don't know anymore with these judges.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 am

any news about how mao is feeling or something???
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:45 am

aoi88 wrote:

Well, on the bright side, I don't think Kim will make a new world record tomorrow, unless she gets like 160 in the FS.
Oh wait, she could still exceed 150 in the FS. I know sounds impossible, but I don't know anymore with these judges.

It's very possible. Actually, very likely, I'd say, if she's clean.
Well, i'll be working tomorrow, so no chances I'll decide to waste my time watching this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

I am almost positive - The minimum mark Yuna will obtain in her FS will be 140!
(that is with a fall and some two-footed jumps)...
So a record is possible!

At times - I seriously think - How would it have been if I'd be a Yuna fan?!
Oh I know why - I am no fan of her's - Unfair games in sports is just disgusting! Disappointed

I am seriously going to start revising - Flight on Sunday! Busy busy...
Its high time I stop getting concerned and sad when every time the result will be the same -
Its not like I am leaving Mao's side - I know she will perform her best - Even better than her personal best...But what's the use? When people don't want to see your best - They just want to see their favorite winning...
She is my inspiration in life! And I mean that! But its too painful for me to watch how degrading this sport has become - Shame on the judges!

Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
At times - I seriously think - How would it have been if I'd be a Yuna fan?!
Oh I know why - I am no fan of her's - Unfair games in sports is just disgusting! Disappointed

I've wondered that too. Many times actually.
But it's impossible for me. I couldn't. It's too disgusting, I wouldn't take it. I'd be ashamed.

What makes me sad is that there's nothing we can do. No matter how much we complain, no one listens, and we end up as no more than whiners. The only way some concepts could be revised is some renowned skater, coach or commentator addressed this issue firmly to the public. Or some exposure is done from an ISU insider. However I doubt it will ever happen. We'll always be this: a bunch of deluded fans waiting for a miraculous light that will make judges fair. Sad

Last edited by alyssa on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:12 am

Okay, I think Shin Amano really has a beef with Yamada's students. Both Mao and Kanako got dinged pretty severely. And I didn't see anything wrong with Kanako's 3-3. I know Yamada doesn't teach the purest techniques to her students but Amano surely doesn't give them the slightest benefit of doubt.
I think there's two groups in the skating community. One is the purists. People who insanely care about the techniques, etc and the other is people who still have 6.0 mindset, which means they judge performances as a whole. Shin Amano clearly is one of the purists and unfortunately, more and more of the purist judges are making up the panel these days. That's why skaters like Yuna and Patrick, who are known to have great technique, are heavily favored in this system. Carolina is another one.

Last edited by aoi88 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next