Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)

Go down 
+15
MaoChan756
PochinkoPotanko
4u4a
Cloviece
Star85
ElleluvsL
sapphiresky
chapis
Batsuchan
bibi
tianrushui
kaarolcia
maofan93
Yunamao
klarification
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:03 pm

^Aaah. I think most women would like to believe Joubert is straight. >.< He's like the "last great hope" (aside from Dai) as I've long given up trying to decide whether or not Jeff was gay. He seriously confuses me. Or maybe that's my inner 'fangirl' speaking as I used to think that perhaps he had some sort of crush on Mao. But Joubert is such a Mama's Boy that it's kind of off putting...

As for Stephane, he is most likely bi or gay. I remember hearing about him and Weir being "close friends" but...errr... (And then there's Evan and Johnny's tension/rivalry...I secretly think they are in love with each other. *dies*)

...and speaking of Yuzuru, isn't Johnny his role model/skating idol? T.T Oh dear...
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm pretty sure Brian is straight, and Stephane is gay. I once overheard someone close to Johnny hint at his relationship with Stephane (more than friends LOL). I'm pretty sure Dai also goes for guys, but her could be bi. Another source has told me that Evan is definitely bi - he has hooked up with both men and women. Javier Fernandez in that photo is straight - his FB pics are public and there are some of him making out with a girl/with other girls on his lap (LOL manwhore).
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

maofan93 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Brian is straight, and Stephane is gay. I once overheard someone close to Johnny hint at his relationship with Stephane (more than friends LOL). I'm pretty sure Dai also goes for guys, but her could be bi. Another source has told me that Evan is definitely bi - he has hooked up with both men and women. Javier Fernandez in that photo is straight - his FB pics are public and there are some of him making out with a girl/with other girls on his lap (LOL manwhore).

Evan bi? Nllllllllooooooo (need a queezy smiley when you need one)! Him, Brian, and Plush are probably about the straightest, machoist acting male (single) skaters I can think of off the top of my head. But still, it would not completely surprise me if any of them turned out to be bi or even gay. But damn! News like this takes all the fun out of crushing on any of these guys! Even just makes me feel downright...awkward inside for ever thinking like about it pale . Guess that's what I get for liking any male figure skaters. What did I expect? Yes, I probably have been expecting too much. Blech! Lips sealed
What sad news for the foolish straight girl figure skating fans like me Disappointed Drama!

Oh another note: Is Carolina really considered one of the sexiest girls in skating silent? She wouldn't be on my list, but I hear she's much prettier in real life.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Star85 wrote:
Oh another note: Is Carolina really considered one of the sexiest girls in skating silent? She wouldn't be on my list, but I hear she's much prettier in real life.

I really didn't think she was that pretty either until I saw a couple off-ice pictures of her with her hair down and I've got to admit she is very beautiful. Her dresses are often a bit weird fitting too, but in casual clothes, she's got one hell of a figure (damn you tall girls all around the world!! Razz ) Just look on her official website; there are tons of photos... http://www.carolina-kostner.it/E-Photogalleries.htm
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Actually - I have many friends from France who believe Joubert is gay!
But - most of em - quite hate Joubert!
(He is not very adored as an athlete in his home country - The fact that he has been inconsistent for two Olymp - kinda made him the black sheep - They are kinda harsh as fans:()
Plus french gays don't appear gay! - They are all so mellow with their French accent that you just can't judge Very Happy

Pochinko - Yep the baby kinda messed up with my Evan x Nobu fantasy! duh -_-
My friends operate a kinda small scanlation and translation gp for yaoi/shouhen-ai mangas!
and I became a hopeless fan!
(Google it girls - BoysLove stuff Love Hearts)
So in my free time - I pair the guys on ice to see who makes a good pair!
Right now - I feel like writing a fanfic about Taka and Dai - (Let's assume Mao falls for someone else) - These two find their common dejection as start of a deep bond...which goes till a drunk night of...ROTFLMAO

Thanks for the name and link Yunamao !

maofan93 wrote:
Javier Fernandez in that photo is straight - his FB pics are public and there are some of him making out with a girl/with other girls on his lap (LOL manwhore).

... Escape *secretly types his name on my facebook search bar*
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Star85 wrote:

The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Caroli10

That answer your question? Laughing
I guess that Stephane couldn't handle all that womanliness... Surprised

MaoChan756 wrote:

Pochinko - Yep the baby kinda messed up with my Evan x Nobu fantasy! duh -_-
My friends operate a kinda small scanlation and translation gp for yaoi/shouhen-ai mangas!
and I became a hopeless fan!
(Google it girls - BoysLove stuff Love Hearts)
So in my free time - I pair the guys on ice to see who makes a good pair!
Right now - I feel like writing a fanfic about Taka and Dai - (Let's assume Mao falls for someone else) - These two find their common dejection as start of a deep bond...which goes till a drunk night of...ROTFLMAO
I really really really wanna read that! flower

shounen-ai, that's one huge and crazy world...

By the way, in IFS magazine, Taka said that he enjoyed going out for karaoke with Dai and Nobu...that's an image that's stayed stuck in my mind ever since, the three of them singing together like a j-pop boy band Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:33 pm

pochi, that is a hilarious picture. who's the lucky girl? LOL

now, i don't think there's any guy in figure skating who isn't suspected of having been with another guy, at least casually. even morozov with his 3 ex-wives is said to have had relations with a man who posts on FSU!

yeah, i know, hearsay, how reliable is that.

for the record, i don't like a skater any less if he is openly gay or bi, or even gives off that vibe (on some fan forums there's been talk that jeremy abbott with bleached blond hair is now 'too' openly gay). if i really like the skater as a person as well as a skater, then it makes me afraid for him, the backlash he might face, if he ever comes out or gets outed. i wonder if daisuke keeps skating all those flamboyant program until sochi, people will take it in stride... if he is gay, if it ever becomes public knowledge.

taka definitely strikes me as confidently straight and confident in the image he projects. he could just be a very good actor, though i would guess from watching his on ice performances that he doesn't put on much of a face--what he is comes out when he skates--that's part of his appeal, the lack of pretense, the sincerity.

anyway, Maochan756... evan x nobu????? even in the recesses of my imagination this does not occur. the visual would be painful for me. why not brian x stephane, stephane x brian? jeff x david wilson, LOL i mean joubert /amodio should be like written ASAP after the way amodio jumped onto joubert after euro Smile i'd also go for joannie x carolina Smile carolina is seriously beautiful, she just suffers from horrible fashion sense.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:47 pm

skfan wrote:

now, i don't think there's any guy in figure skating who isn't suspected of having been with another guy, at least casually. even morozov with his 3 ex-wives is said to have had relations with a man who posts on FSU!

for the record, i don't like a skater any less if he is openly gay or bi, or even gives off that vibe (on some fan forums there's been talk that jeremy abbott with bleached blond hair is now 'too' openly gay). if i really like the skater as a person as well as a skater, then it makes me afraid for him, the backlash he might face, if he ever comes out or gets outed. i wonder if daisuke keeps skating all those flamboyant program until sochi, people will take it in stride... if he is gay, if it ever becomes public knowledge.

taka definitely strikes me as confidently straight and confident in the image he projects. he could just be a very good actor, though i would guess from watching his on ice performances that he doesn't put on much of a face--what he is comes out when he skates--that's part of his appeal, the lack of pretense, the sincerity.

anyway, Maochan756... evan x nobu????? even in the recesses of my imagination this does not occur. the visual would be painful for me. why not brian x stephane, stephane x brian? jeff x david wilson, LOL i mean joubert /amodio should be like written ASAP after the way amodio jumped onto joubert after euro Smile i'd also go for joannie x carolina Smile carolina is seriously beautiful, she just suffers from horrible fashion sense.

Is Jeremy really openly gay? He makes pretty big bleeps on my gaydar but I didn't know he was out.

And I have to agree with you no the Evan and Nobu thing (again, where is a puking smily when you need it?!). I'm still going to hold on to hope that Evan IS straight. I don't like to think about ANY same sex scenarios or fantasies!... pale Male+male or girl+girl. Just not my thing... lol.
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Star85 wrote:
skfan wrote:

Is Jeremy really openly gay? He makes pretty big bleeps on my gaydar but I didn't know he was out.

And I have to agree with you no the Evan and Nobu thing (again, where is a puking smily when you need it?!). I'm still going to hold on to hope that Evan IS straight. I don't like to think about ANY same sex scenarios or fantasies!... pale Male+male or girl+girl. Just not my thing... lol.

it's been whispered that jeremy a. is johnny weir's bf.

jeremy has not come out. i'm sorry for giving the wrong impression because of my poor phrashing. the (non-mao) forum member who objected to blond jeremy didn't say anything about his coming out--because he hasn't, far as i know. instead she said something like, why do you (jeremy) have to make it sooooo obvious, so that i cannot ignore the gayness of your skating, something along that line.

i'm sorry if i offended with my too silly post. maybe i was having too much fun, surprised that on this board posters can speculate on who's gay and who's not--on quite a few boards, it isn't allowed to discuss something like skaters' sexual orientation.
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:50 pm

skfan wrote:
it's been whispered that jeremy a. is johnny weir's bf.

i'm sorry if i offended with my too silly post. maybe i was having too much fun, surprised that on this board posters can speculate on who's gay and who's not--on quite a few boards, it isn't allowed to discuss something like skaters' sexual orientation.

O_o So many male skaters are speculated to be/have been in a relationship with Weir. [If so, damn he sure does get around...]

I also don't really care what a skater's orientation is (not that it's anyone's business; besides a large portion of the male skaters are gay, open or not) although it is amusing to speculate regarding some of them. I also don't care to fantasize about it-- just, no.

But Abbott has never struck me as straight, much like Evan tbh. Which is why I was kind of surprised when he (Evan) said he was dating Nastia. And Oh God, skfan not Amodio x Brian! LOL. Amodio appears straight but who knows? As for Taka, I've never questioned. But Dai (and Yuzuru) I'm sometimes confused. They are flamboyant and showy in terms of costume choices but...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:13 am

[quote="Cloviece"]
skfan wrote:

But Abbott has never struck me as straight, much like Evan tbh. Which is why I was kind of surprised when he (Evan) said he was dating Nastia.

He also dated Tanneth Belbin for a long time too
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:20 am

Wow it seems that off-season is officialy start lol.

For Yuzuru, I used to think he has a very high chances to be something more than straight guy consider his costume, passionate acting on ice, his hair style and pretty face. But after I watched so many clips of him off-ice, I feel that he is perfectly straight. In my opinion he just love to show-off on ice and acting neatly in front of the press. I wonder what Japanese think about him (not also his preference but his look and attitude as well)?

However I would not mind at all if he or other skaters are actually gay!

For other skater, apart from the skaters that have already been mentioned, Does Adam Rippon alert anyone's gaydar?
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:00 am

^YES. I'm surprised he's never been mentioned. Also Patrick Chan-- but if anything, he's passionately in love with himself. x)

Star85, you're right. But I remember hearing some sort of rumor that Evan "came out" and those two broke up or something. But apparently that's not the case since he started dating Nastia.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:58 am

Cloviece wrote:
Also Patrick Chan-- but if anything, he's passionately in love with himself.
HAHA I totally agree with that, which is why I'm surprised he's dating a Canadian speed skater named Anastasia Bucsis. They apparently met at the Olympics, and she gets teased by her friends because she's the older woman. If I were her friend, I'd tease her because he's PCHAN, but whatever. Razz
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:29 pm

skfan wrote:

i mean joubert /amodio should be like written ASAP after the way amodio jumped onto joubert after euro Smile

Now THAT moment was a shounen-ai manga cover just waiting to be drawn and painted by some obsessed fan out there Twisted Evil

BTW, I had kinda figured that Jeremy's newly-dyed hair was a coming-out of sorts as well Shocked

Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:10 pm

No matter who Chan is dating, everything he does always make my gaydar alert to the high degree.

Anyway, I know that many fan, myself included, have a very high ability to ship and imagine. Laughing Some people at fsu even think of Morozov and Amadio as couple affraid

Regarding the talk on shounen ai/yaoi manga and fanfic, anyone think Yuzuru (at least when he was younger) look like the characters of those mangas come to life? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:42 pm

^ His innocent, youthful look does sort of bring to mind the characters in those stories. Who, me?

Last edited by ElleluvsL on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Afsfan wrote:

For other skater, apart from the skaters that have already been mentioned, Does Adam Rippon alert anyone's gaydar?

I think anyone with any kind of decent gaydar detection picks up big time on Adam Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)   The Shipping Thread Part 2 :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shipping Thread Part 2 :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2