Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012

Go down 
+19
kaarolcia
Dani-Chan
MaoChan756
ElleluvsL
bellarina
roma
ClairDeMao
haruka25
patknowsbest
illani
skating_fanatic
chiyori
zarinaballerina
shikure
maowataiyo
Abdiel
ballerinamao
Batsuchan
kirakira
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:15 am

I completely agree with kaarolcia on this one. It is better than the one she did at JSC because it's not two-footed, but the 2nd jump is still over 1/4 of a turn underrotated and would no doubt get a << mark in competition. She lands it completely forward and quickly turns on her blade to unwrap her leg and glide backwards. I feel like the 3L is slightly higher than last time though, which is awesome. cheers

I'm very happy to see her keep doing it! That's the only way she'll get it back. I actually hope she tries it out this season at 4CC or Worlds. Even if it's likely to be << or maybe < if the judges are lenient (which they are not on loop combinations), she'd still get the experience and the value of the rest of her program is plenty high enough to make up for it. Plus, she finally has the PCS back on her side this season and has been scored consistently higher than all her competitors despite not always being clean. I'd say go for it. And even if she doesn't win, well too bad; Sochi is in two years and that's her goal.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:20 am

Thank you for the lovely updates- kirakira, shikure, Dani-chan & kaarolcia! Many Hearts

Gah, I really luv that pic of Mao trying to kick her leg up high! (so cute) Razz And she totally should wear more costumes that show off those beautiful tanned shoulders Yep!

What can I say about Jupiter that hasn't already been said? Nothing really, but breathtaking nonetheless! The loop does look a little short on rotation, but I concur- so glad she's trying the 3-3 combo in a program! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:07 pm

chiyori wrote:
I completely agree with kaarolcia on this one. It is better than the one she did at JSC because it's not two-footed, but the 2nd jump is still over 1/4 of a turn underrotated and would no doubt get a << mark in competition. She lands it completely forward and quickly turns on her blade to unwrap her leg and glide backwards. I feel like the 3L is slightly higher than last time though, which is awesome. cheers

I'm very happy to see her keep doing it! That's the only way she'll get it back. I actually hope she tries it out this season at 4CC or Worlds. Even if it's likely to be << or maybe < if the judges are lenient (which they are not on loop combinations), she'd still get the experience and the value of the rest of her program is plenty high enough to make up for it. Plus, she finally has the PCS back on her side this season and has been scored consistently higher than all her competitors despite not always being clean. I'd say go for it. And even if she doesn't win, well too bad; Sochi is in two years and that's her goal.

Thanks for the second link, kaarolcia!

If you look carefully, you can see that when Mao takes off (when her blade actually finally leaves the ice), it is pointed forward as well--so she takes off and lands in the same position. I just can't count fast enough to see if she gets only 2 full revolutions in the air (sliding 1/2 a turn on the ice before and after the jump) or if she manages to get 3 full revolutions in the air (+ sliding 1/2 a turn before and after the jump). Whirly I'm guessing it's the former, unfortunately. Yep, I guess it definitely needs more work, but like we have all said, good to see her trying! Woot!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
chiyori wrote:

Thanks for the second link, kaarolcia!

If you look carefully, you can see that when Mao takes off (when her blade actually finally leaves the ice), it is pointed forward as well--so she takes off and lands in the same position. I just can't count fast enough to see if she gets only 2 full revolutions in the air (sliding 1/2 a turn on the ice before and after the jump) or if she manages to get 3 full revolutions in the air (+ sliding 1/2 a turn before and after the jump). Whirly I'm guessing it's the former, unfortunately. Yep, I guess it definitely needs more work, but like we have all said, good to see her trying! Woot!

Yes, it's the former. If it was the latter, it would be a quad loop attempt and while that's something she did try before (I think there are vids out there of tiny little Mao trying quad loops), that's probably not something we'll see from her again, especially not in combination. Wink Loops usually involve a bit of prerotation so by the time her blade leaves the ice, she is indeed facing forward because of the 1/2 turn skid, but she only rotates 2 times in the air before landing forward again. She's missing 1/2 turn or a little less on the landing.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:22 pm

I think even without slow-mo the UR was evident but I'm glad she's really been adding it to her EX recently. I believe doing it more for programs like this will eventually help her get used to it and land it in competition. At least in an EX they don't deduct marks from her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 am

Today Mao tried to do the combo 3-3 but failed. The first jump was shaky, so the second she did a turn, then she just added a 2T practically from the same place, like on the floor. That was the only glitch. All the rest fo the program was as fairy and magical as usual. Her hands are very soft and airy, with those sleeves they look even more beautiful. The second biggest ovation of the today's show (the first belongs to Dai's, he didn't try a combo but he was as usually handsome and magnificent). A really nice afternoon I had in the arena today. Wink
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:29 am

roma wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:

affraid affraid OMG, seriously???!! confused

Dai thinks Mao and Miki are sexy but in very different ways--but he couldn't decide between the two of them who is sexier, so they were tied for #3. (I'm shocked. Whirly )

Dai said that Miki is a more typical type of sexy, and sexy in both her personal life and in skating.

Then he said, "I think Asada-senshu doesn't have a 'sexy' image, but when I'm watching her performances, she really has this--how do I put it?--a fresh/refreshing kind of sexiness--a kind that is very hard for people to bring out."

Suspect Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined Mao would be tied for #1 on Dai-chan's list of sexy female skaters. Shocked

This is something Asya and me will definitely cheer for. haha! MaoSuke!!! Many Hearts
affraid affraid affraid affraid Oh my God!!! What a exciting news!!! MaoSuke We still have a hope, Taka watch out Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:24 am

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 04743435 Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 04743438
Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 04743440 Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 04743441

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 04743436
Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 04743437
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:32 am

Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:57 am

kaarolcia wrote:
Jupiter sunny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDi2ryghL4

Thank you karrolica for the link cheers

Mao is beautiful and ethereal as ever, plus she's getting back her 3-3 even if it's underrotation now. I believe in her. She'll get back her clean 3-3l in the future. Yep!

@7:23 ROTFLMAO Mao was asked by a man (director?) if she felt strange about being interviewed by Mai. She replies, "Yes, it's strange. Because our voices sound like each other, if people are not looking the TV screen, they may think one person was doing the talking."
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:06 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:08 am

kaarolcia wrote:
Jupiter sunny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDi2ryghL4

Thanks kaarolcia for the link! cheers

ballerinamao I completely agree, Liebestraume would look amazing in red, hopefully Mao will change her lp costume for 4CC and worlds.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:30 am

and red is mao lucky color so there actually is a big chance that mao will change her fs dress to a new red dress one that would look gourges!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 am

let`s talk wrote:
Today Mao tried to do the combo 3-3 but failed. The first jump was shaky, so the second she did a turn, then she just added a 2T practically from the same place, like on the floor. That was the only glitch. All the rest fo the program was as fairy and magical as usual. Her hands are very soft and airy, with those sleeves they look even more beautiful. The second biggest ovation of the today's show (the first belongs to Dai's, he didn't try a combo but he was as usually handsome and magnificent). A really nice afternoon I had in the arena today. Wink

Thank you very much let's talk for the report! Thank you! I am so glad Mao is attempting 3-3's in shows and hopefully getting all the mistakes out of the way. If she just started doing them in competition I am sure she would have made the same mistakes for the first few times.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Daisuke's El tango de Roxanne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M34FeOxhI4 Love Hearts

I just wish the commentators would shut up! Mad
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Here, for most invited skaters, Miki and Sasha.
https://www.youtube.com/user/icechannel2011?feature=watch

And check this out from 1:35:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhOoD6d5jKM
That's Miki being lifted by John Zimmerman and than later by John Kerr. Awesome!

And wow! Miki has said before that she gained weight after last Worlds and it showed a little over the shows this summer, but she really shaped up fast for this! She looks fantastic Many Hearts

ETA: Check out Taka-chan's Hello and Safety Dance; I think this is his best performance of this program. Dai-chan is very good as well, but I feel like he's not literally breathing fire like he was in 2007. Still miles ahead of Evan's Roxanne though! Razz

Mao is just Swoon !
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:48 pm

chiyori wrote:
Here, for most invited skaters, Miki and Sasha.
https://www.youtube.com/user/icechannel2011?feature=watch

And check this out from 1:35:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhOoD6d5jKM
That's Miki being lifted by John Zimmerman and than later by John Kerr. Awesome!

And wow! Miki has said before that she gained weight after last Worlds and it showed a little over the shows this summer, but she really shaped up fast for this! She looks fantastic Many Hearts

ETA: Check out Taka-chan's Hello and Safety Dance; I think this is his best performance of this program. Dai-chan is very good as well, but I feel like he's not literally breathing fire like he was in 2007. Still miles ahead of Evan's Roxanne though! Razz

Mao is just Swoon !

I think Miki is not at her best shape yet but she looks amazing in shows Smile she got crazy schedule from last year end and I think that really helps her to shape up fast.
Taka's GLEE exhibition became better and better since he used his arm / upper torso more. we can see his back and abs often after 2011 4CC. Embarassed
based on twitter, he delivered a perfect cello song on Sunday and he changed his first 2A to 3A then did everything perfect.
I think his JSC one is also very cute since he used the ice on his blade to attack team blue LOL.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:22 pm

linglang wrote:

@7:23 ROTFLMAO Mao was asked by a man (director?) if she felt strange about being interviewed by Mai. She replies, "Yes, it's strange. Because our voices sound like each other, if people are not looking the TV screen, they may think one person was doing the talking."

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Not going to lie, I *totally* adore seeing Mai interview Mao. Many Hearts Wub
Mai's always like, "Oooh, there's my adorable baby sister!! Let's go talk to her!" and Mao's always like, "What are you doing? Pull yourself together and do a proper job!" Razz

In the interview before she performed, Mai asked her about having to skate last, and Mao said she's used to it by now (yeah, they always save the best for last, don't they? Razz ), but she does kind of get nervous.

"Jupiter" was GORGEOUS!! Faint2 Swoon I guess she changed the final spin from a plain camel spin to the donut spin/almost-Biellman that she uses in "Liebestraum"! I love you I can watch this program all day long... Swoon

I do feel a little bad for Yaginuma-san though--she's had to comment about this program like 3-4 times since Nationals! lol! Honda-san said that he loves this program and that you really don't need words to describe it. I love you I agree!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Sorry for the double post. Sweatdrop

Just got around to watching Bambi-chan's GLEE performance and the Taka-Kurt pair program. Bambi-chan is quite good at synchronizing with another skater, isn't he? Yep! This totally bodes well for the future Asada-Kozuka ice dance team! Hell, no!

And did you see Bambi-chan practicing those handstand push-ups while Dai was laughing at him? ROTFLMAO I'm glad to see he's working on building upper body strength! Too sweet!

Finally, I totally totally enjoyed Yuzuru's EX. I can see why all the little girls at his rink think of him as Romeo! Razz I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2012
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3