Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 World Figure Skating Championships

Go down 
+60
josling
sadistyi
haruka25
princessinpink
Czarace
qingshui
klarification
pearlyriver
MaiKitty
will_power
MaoChan756
aoi88
chapis
Luckyone
alyssa
nrohhcnerf
SAKURA
purplemaze
cera
Rose
swan
skfan
fgr8sktrfn
Haidogirl
BounceAround
ClairDeMao
Ken Himura
bellarina
shikure
sweetdream
skating_fanatic
timdanlo
illani
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chiyori
europeanfan
bibi
sapphiresky
roma
dangerous_angel_face
sarahjoanne419
koala_lover
ElleluvsL
polosatik
dawnsherearequiet
linglang
babayaga
ballerinamao
Alokya
maowataiyo
jkblues
ddmm
kaarolcia
ashcroft1086
Afsfan
Lady_in_black
Okami
zarinaballerina
Abdiel
patknowsbest
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
qingshui

2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 am

Thank you, Okami. Very Happy Rush to the thread now Dance
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:18 am

Reading all this "behind the scenes of WC", I'm very disappointed. I know, a lot of people here think that booing was a great thing to do. But honestly I think it was terrible. Yes, I'm not a fan of Patrick, yes I think Dai was better. But was is it a fault of Patrick? I heard from Russian members that at the "circle of honour" European fans were screaming swearwords to Patrick and he heard them. WTF? No Suspect I find this behaviour disgraceful and just ugly. Sorry for the rant guys, but it really annoyed me.
On the other hand, our girls were amazed by the Japanese fans, they are the best example of how a figure skating fan should look like, a true inspiration Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 am

polosatik wrote:
Reading all this "behind the scenes of WC", I'm very disappointed. I know, a lot of people here think that booing was a great thing to do. But honestly I think it was terrible. Yes, I'm not a fan of Patrick, yes I think Dai was better. But was is it a fault of Patrick? I heard from Russian members that at the "circle of honour" European fans were screaming swearwords to Patrick and he heard them. WTF? No Suspect I find this behaviour disgraceful and just ugly. Sorry for the rant guys, but it really annoyed me.
On the other hand, our girls were amazed by the Japanese fans, they are the best example of how a figure skating fan should look like, a true inspiration Many Hearts

Actually I saw a pic of Dai and Yuzuru waiting for podium, when those audience booing against Patrick, both them were cheering for him in the entrant of rink. if they can do that, why audience can't...sigh
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 am

shikure wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Actually I saw a pic of Dai and Yuzuru waiting for podium, when those audience booing against Patrick, both them were cheering for him in the entrant of rink. if they can do that, why audience can't...sigh
Yes, I saw that too Many Hearts because Dai and Yuzuru are very nice guys with good manners. We know that Dai is a champion, but I don't think Dai was comfortable hearing such terrible words.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 am

polosatik wrote:

Yes. That is true. I guess everyone here knows already that I am not too fond of Patrick, but he has his good points and he works hard too so it was quite unkind of the audience to do that. I just place my blame on the system for this! Very Mad
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 am

polosatik wrote:
shikure wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Yes, I saw that too Many Hearts because Dai and Yuzuru are very nice guys with good manners. We know that Dai is a champion, but I don't think Dai was comfortable hearing such terrible words.

yes, Dai is so nice and he felt so bad when he fall then still won Nats.
pic from ending vid of fuji TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1COWS2zO-g&feature=youtu.be
Dai and Taka in ladies' FS
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 94o8e010

Dai is always stylish and Taka looks like a little sunshine sunny
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:37 am

thks for the link! anyone knows what mao was watching/smiling at at 0:52?

Last edited by koala_lover on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:48 am

polosatik wrote:
shikure wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I was quite surprised when the news of Patrick's booing was in my local newspaper (I'm from a country where winter sports reports are rare!) and I didn't quite notice it during the medal ceremony, probably too happy over Dai and Yuzu's medal, no matter the colour of Dai's medal cat

As you said polosatik, it's one thing to feel discontented, but to boo a skater seems rather harsh? But it's great to hear see how good sportsmanship is still present in skaters, as seen from Dai and Yuzu's response Very Happy

And thanks for sharing the photo shikure, Dai and Taka look radiant! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 am

shikure, thank you so much for the clip!!!! flower Btw do you know, did any Japanese channels show ice dancing from WC?
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 am

I heard the crowd booing the TC but not Chan. Is there any vid I can check that ? How about Speedy ? he should be the one blamed ?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 am

ddmm wrote:
I heard the crowd booing the TC but not Chan. Is there any vid I can check that ? How about Speedy ? he should be the one blamed ?
I heard this from our Russian members who actually were there and these fans were standing next to them Sad Our girls were in big shock, though they also were cheering for Dai.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks for the link shikure! I love the moment when Akiko puts her medal around her coach's neck Wub she is amazing, so happy for both of them actually.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 am

polosatik wrote:
shikure, thank you so much for the clip!!!! flower Btw do you know, did any Japanese channels show ice dancing from WC?
I think Fuji owned the right for broadcast WC, so only fuji and bs fuji Sad
fuji tv has greatest techique for vids and banner of website but the way they broadcast...uh

pics~ I am waiting Maia and Alex, since they always have lots of pics
Japan guys and ...Akko in the right LOL
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 O0640012

Misha Smile
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 O0604010
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 am

polosatik wrote:
ddmm wrote:
I heard this from our Russian members who actually were there and these fans were standing next to them Sad Our girls were in big shock, though they also were cheering for Dai.

I see. Thanks!

By the way, I just had the courage to check out the FSU forum, something I don't usually do. And going through some threads like the 'Chan overrated' thread made me really laugh. Some comments are really silly but hilarious. I don't mean to be mean to Chan but I needed some laugh to get over Mao's situation.

Thanks for the lovely pics. Yuzuru looks cute.
Any pics of Mao at the banquet ?

Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:11 am

Is there a vid from the medal ceremony?
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:15 am

klarification wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Reading all this "behind the scenes of WC", I'm very disappointed. I know, a lot of people here think that booing was a great thing to do. But honestly I think it was terrible. Yes, I'm not a fan of Patrick, yes I think Dai was better. But was is it a fault of Patrick? I heard from Russian members that at the "circle of honour" European fans were screaming swearwords to Patrick and he heard them. WTF? (...)

Yes. That is true. I guess everyone here knows already that I am not too fond of Patrick, but he has his good points and he works hard too so it was quite unkind of the audience to do that. I just place my blame on the system for this! Very Mad

Polosatik, I agree, booing the skater is not the best idea. Whistling at Patrick during his interview and while he was passing nearby was definitely too much.

Klarification - I think that the fans were frustrated not so much by the system itself (actually, from the way they reacted to the elements and scores I got the feeling that the crowd was pretty knowledgeable about IJS), but by the way its used and by the general judging trends recently.

Recently I keep getting the feeling from the Western (mostly American/Canadian) media[*] are blaming the collapse of the popularity of figure skating on the lack of a huge, unbeatable star on par with Michelle Kwan and on the new system ("It's not exciting if the audience doesn't get to see perfect 6.0!"). And so when a potential candidates to be the next great one appear, they are portrayed by the media as some sort of unbeatable Gods, which probably makes even the most fair of judges afraid to give them low scores if they don't perform well.

Meanwhile, a large chunk of the audience would prefer to watch the competitions where the skaters are judged on how they actually perform. Nowadays the scores are indeed difficult to understand - not because the concept of COP is difficult to grasp, but because it's applied in a totally incomprehensible manner.

(Although there are many places where CoP could certainly be improved - this competition and Mr.Lakernik's report brought to my attention certain things that ISU should really work on in the near future).

[*] There are certainly exceptions!

Czarace wrote:

New member here, only because I only figured out how to register *oh dear*...but I have been reading up here on the forum for quite some time. I love how I am now amongst likeminded Mao Asada fans! I feel like we are all kindred spirits Smile

Nice to meet you, Czarace! flower
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am

Haidogirl wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHMNZ4j60A flower

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 am

sadistyi wrote:
i just registered, lol nice to know everyone Razz ~~~
Welcome!!! cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:25 am

Okami wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHMNZ4j60A flower

Thank you! sunny

Carolina was strong! Me in her situation had cried a river XD
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 pm

saw this photo on FB. taka and dai in the stands with the shibutanis.
though i'm not sure what event it is.

https://www.facebook.com/Maia.AlexShibutani?sk=photos#!/photo.php?fbid=3173644338721&set=o.168543383162265&type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 pm

koala_lover wrote:
saw this photo on FB. taka and dai in the stands with the shibutanis.
though i'm not sure what event it is.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/Maia.AlexShibutani?sk=photos#!/photo.php?fbid=3173644338721&set=o.168543383162265&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/Maia.AlexShibutani?sk=photos#!/photo.php?fbid=3173644338721&set=o.168543383162265&type=3&theater[/quote[/url]]

Thank you for the picture, koala_lover! Nice picture, they all look so happy together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 am

shikure wrote:
polosatik wrote:
shikure wrote:
polosatik wrote:

yes, Dai is so nice and he felt so bad when he fall then still won Nats.
pic from ending vid of fuji TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1COWS2zO-g&feature=youtu.be
Dai and Taka in ladies' FS
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 94o8e010

Dai is always stylish and Taka looks like a little sunshine sunny

shikure thank you for the clip! Daisies for you I love it! Love Hearts
It was great to see what goes on "behind the scene".
Poor kanako, seeing her crying... she was so close to getting a medal, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Sad

polosatik, I admit I'm one of those who said, FINALLY, at hearing Patrick being whistled at, when Gwendal called him a world champion. It's about time the ISU gets a message, though I agree with those who said that Speedy should be the one who gets booed.
Yes, I agree it's unfair toward the athlete (and I'm not proud of myself for liking that particular situation), but I guess this is what happens, when people get fed up with the judging bull... And Patrick with all of his statements in various media, doesn't make it easy for himself either. (imo)
I didn't know about pepole screaming swearwords at him...that must of been a long night for Patrick. I do kind of feel sorry for him, but then I remember taht next year WCH is going to be in Canada and Patrick will be held up again (unless a miracle happens), and I stop feeling sorry for him.

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 am

any pictiures of Mao?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 am

ballerinamao wrote:
any pictiures of Mao?

finally got one ~ thanks fans from local forum
2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Qv1x10
do you notice..Mao's hand always in the air even with ladies...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 am

it's so good to see mao smiling i still am shocked when i think about what had happened at WC never thought she would be soo emotionelly unstable and at worlds of all the times... but well now i just am craving to see the old mao again as soon as possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 World Figure Skating Championships   2012 World Figure Skating Championships - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 World Figure Skating Championships
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next