Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!

Go down 
+55
BowbowDaijin
silenceisgolden
pearlyriver
MaoChan756
dangerous_angel_face
kirakira
bellarina
sapphiresky
Mao2012
josling
cera
haruka25
Qian
ashcroft1086
tuyet
inskate
Sviatoslava
swan
klarification
dawnsherearequiet
kenkyo
Afsfan
illani
ElleluvsL
let`s talk
will_power
europeanfan
bibi
shar
WayCon
skfan
linglang
ddmm
Abdiel
babayaga
patknowsbest
qingshui
jkblues
Alokya
Eris
femariel
sadistyi
chapis
Star85
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
chiyori
kaarolcia
koala_lover
skating_fanatic
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
polosatik
shikure
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 pm

polosatik wrote:
I agree that she's not very familiar with COP system at least she was. But my biggest concern is that you're faster then the things are coming Laughing Let's wait , there must be a reason for Mao to keep her choices in secret. I guess it's for the best. I want to stay positive, every off-season we're speculating about Mao technique and programs. We all wish Mao the best, so let's be more optimistic!

I agree that we should all be more optimistic! We all probably just miss Mao, that's why we're having these discussions that include guessing her music or speculating program components.

MaoChan756 wrote:
Fans rarely criticize skaters teams because they usually do a decent job - I mean who would even dare to question Yuna's immaculate team...
In Mao's case - it's different - You kinda had to question those awkward costumes - Mao's weight loss -
I am still hoping for Tat to just showcase Mao's talents and give her another masterpiece!

I don't like Mao's costumes but I think I've read somewhere that she liked her costumes from TAT... oh dear, maybe it's our Mao who needs a fashion lesson!

Anyway, as for teams, it's not only Mao's choices and decisions that gets some eyebrows raised. Sometimes you've got to experiment to see what works for you. I'll give you hints: the Orser-Hanyu tandem plus Dai-Morozov combo revival. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:12 pm

klarification wrote:
Whoa there polosatik. No one's bashing anybody, as far as I can tell. Sweatdrop

Yes, I do agree that most of us here in the forums could be a little bith harsh on TAT, but IMHO it's probably because she graces us with beautiful EX programs while her competitive ones fall flat in comparison. So of course people can't help their wishful thinking right? Not to mention, there's also Mao's own issues to consider when searching for a reason why her recent programs are less than stellar. But TAT's programs aren't very COP efficient (as noted by some posters here in the forum already) and the music cuts could be better. Those are the things most people here, me included, are discussing. Personally, Bells sounded like a death march to me the first time I heard it, but after Worlds 2010 it finally sounded like a victory song.
Yes, you're right, the first time I watched Bells my reaction was No Mad Sad Escape , but I learned to love it watching her performing it so wonderfully! lol! However, my favourite Mao-TAT's program remains Masquerade Waltz! And I am sorry to say that I din't like the Tango program and Sheherazade, both the music and the choreography could have been better, I really hope she created something this time; I think TAT is an amazing technical coach, but as choreographer Mad
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Any idea where this is from?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Mao looks amazing here!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing klarification! Many Hearts May be it's some kind of photoshoot?
Back to top Go down
CraZsk8r

CraZsk8r

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm

What is the next big competition Mao will be competing in?
Sorry, I just haven't been following FS news lately.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 pm

klarification wrote:
Whoa there polosatik. No one's bashing anybody, as far as I can tell. Sweatdrop

Yes, I do agree that most of us here in the forums could be a little bith harsh on TAT, but IMHO it's probably because she graces us with beautiful EX programs while her competitive ones fall flat in comparison. So of course people can't help their wishful thinking right? Not to mention, there's also Mao's own issues to consider when searching for a reason why her recent programs are less than stellar. But TAT's programs aren't very COP efficient (as noted by some posters here in the forum already) and the music cuts could be better. Those are the things most people here, me included, are discussing. Personally, Bells sounded like a death march to me the first time I heard it, but after Worlds 2010 it finally sounded like a victory song.

Agree! sunny

With Mao's choices still a secret we can't help but voice our hopes.

OTOH, 1 month left till Japan Open. In I think less time than that we'll finally know what her music is. If they're not going to announce then we'll know during practices. Smile *excited!*
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Ok,ok Razz I'm just nervous like you guys, and I want to see Mao skating finally!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 pm

klarification wrote:

Any idea where this is from?
It was in the Yamanashi Prefecture. She mentioned the trip briefly in her blog.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:55 am

CraZsk8r wrote:
What is the next big competition Mao will be competing in?
Sorry, I just haven't been following FS news lately.
Japan Open, then the GP: Cup of China and NHK Trophy... Just a month to wait for JO!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 am

Is it just my imagination or do most people reveal their music choices by now, not just Mao? I really haven't heard from too many other skaters, either. Hm.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:14 am

Alokya wrote:
Is it just my imagination or do most people reveal their music choices by now, not just Mao? I really haven't heard from too many other skaters, either. Hm.
I have the same feeling. I haven't heard of official new music choices by my favorite skaters like Liza and Akiko
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:53 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Alokya wrote:
I have the same feeling. I haven't heard of official new music choices by my favorite skaters like Liza and Akiko
Akiko and Liza already announced their music and Liza even showed her new programs) Very Happy
Akiko
SP:Kill Bill
LP:O from Cirque du Soleil
Liza
SP:Lovestory
LP:Dark Eyes
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 am

Thank you pearlyriver for answering my question. Indeed, the pictures do seem to be from Yamanashi!! Ah, it looks like Mao had a wonderful time, don't you guys think? I can't help imagining Mao as a cute character in Harvest Moon haha

polosatik wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Akiko and Liza already announced their music and Liza even showed her new programs) Very Happy
Akiko
Liza

Actually, I think Mao had been very secretive of her choices lately. I think I know 90% of the selected music of the skating community already, but Mao's is still a big scratch. This is why the big reveal makes me so anxious.

Anyway, while browsing random sites, I found a site on tumblr with some good recent pictures of Mao.

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Tumblr_m9x6inj7ku1rbk48io1_500

If you guys want to see more pictures, you can go to THIS SITE. Don't forget to thank the contributor!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 am

Wow!!! A Great find Klarification! Wub Swoon Mao is such a swettie) Don't know if it's only me but Mao looks more fresh last days, like she's glowing inside)))
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:02 am

polosatik wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Akiko
Liza
thanks Polosatik for the clarification. Has Mike announced her new programs?
I've noticed since The Ice that Mao looks a lot happier. It feels like she is happy from inside and enjoys whatever she is doing. This is good news.
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 pm

thanks everyone for links and news.

re: yamanashi pictures. the blouse is super cute too Smile

it's heartwarming to see mao's smile. Wub
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 am

official blog update
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/performance/2012/09/07/442/
new CM for Stona ~ this time is with my sister, Mai.

ETA: for ppl who asked, Miki's SP is "Lawrence of Arabia", she performed in FaOI.

The beautiful pic is for the soap she uses all the time...you can check vids here http://www.arsoa.net/aqs/index.html

sorry, i am freaking busy and can't repost pic or vids for you.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 am

I was thinking that Mao would be wonderful with a Flamenco SP, Lori choreographed a Flamenco masterpiece for Kostner two years ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ073LMmryk), maybe she could have done something like this for our favourite skater, it would certainly be something new for her! Razz
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 4:46 am

Mao2012 wrote:
I was thinking that Mao would be wonderful with a Flamenco SP, Lori choreographed a Flamenco masterpiece for Kostner two years ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ073LMmryk), maybe she could have done something like this for our favourite skater, it would certainly be something new for her! Razz

It would be really nice if Lori comes up with something more exciting that her usual 'flowers and love' aesthetic. Although, Kostner's SP seems quite slow...
I really think that speed will help Mao rotate all her jumps!

Oh my! This is getting crazy! WE NEED TO KNOW MAO'S MUSIC! Sad
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:52 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:

It would be really nice if Lori comes up with something more exciting that her usual 'flowers and love' aesthetic. Although, Kostner's SP seems quite slow...
I really think that speed will help Mao rotate all her jumps!

Oh my! This is getting crazy! WE NEED TO KNOW MAO'S MUSIC! Sad
A lot of top-skaters haven't announced thair music(s) yet: Volosozhar-Trankov, Dai's FS, Miki's FS, Davis-White FD, Bobrova-Soloviev FD, Leonova FS, Makarova, Kavaguti-Smirnov, Shibutani SD, Kostner... I obviously want to know mao's choices but I think it's wonderful speculating basing on what she said... when we'll know, we'll be a lot happier because right now we're so anxious! lol!

Last edited by Mao2012 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:46 am

Carolina Kostner withdrew from both the Cup of China and Trophee Eric Bompard so it would probably a while until she announces her music.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:15 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Carolina Kostner withdrew from both the Cup of China and Trophee Eric Bompard so it would probably a while until she announces her music.
I just wanted to make the list longer... lol!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:37 pm

pearlyriver wrote:

What happened?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:37 am

She said it was due to fitness incompetency, but maybe it also has to do with the scandal surround her boyfriend.
On a side note, we're all overtly concerned about Mao's new music because we know this season is a make or break time for all skaters, paticularly Mao. Sochi is less than 2 years from now and they have to pull it off if they want to medal. Sometimes I feel so worried about Mao, seeing all she's been through. I've never followed an athlete so enthusiastically and I've never wished someone to get a gold medal as fervently as Mao. I want to see her becoming an important part of FS history.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 am

pearlyriver wrote:
She said it was due to fitness incompetency, but maybe it also has to do with the scandal surround her boyfriend.
On a side note, we're all overtly concerned about Mao's new music because we know this season is a make or break time for all skaters, paticularly Mao. Sochi is less than 2 years from now and they have to pull it off if they want to medal. Sometimes I feel so worried about Mao, seeing all she's been through. I've never followed an athlete so enthusiastically and I've never wished someone to get a gold medal as fervently as Mao. I want to see her becoming an important part of FS history.
She already is! First girl to land a 3A in a World Junior Championship, first lady to land two clean 3As in the same program, first lady to land three clean 3As in the same competition, first (and only) lady to land a 3-3-3 combo (even if in a national competition), two times world champion, two times 4CC champion, five time Japanese champion, two times GPF champion... affraid hmm, I think it's enough! queen And, about Kostner, she retired beacuse she didn't have enough time to prepare well for the GPs, having decided to compete next season just in early July...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!
Page 18 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next