Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2009 Skate America

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 pm

It will be held in Lake Placid!! Which is nearer from my Home than Kitchener (09 Skate Canada), I hope I'll have the chance to go, and I hope Mao will be there too!! That would be awesome!!! http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090123&content_id=59747&vkey=ice_pressrelease
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Hmmm... hadn't thought of that Very Happy Kitchener is about 6 hours from Montreal, which is pretty far even when I'm feeling motivated. How much time does it take to get to Lake Placid? I've been meaning to go to Skate Canada for the last 2 years but something always came up. Stupid job Very Mad

I guess I will go to whichever event features the most interesting fields... meaning, if Mao goes to one of them, that event wins hands down lol!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:06 am

If you're from Montreal, i think it would take you about 2 hours!!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:58 am

ROTFLMAO I just looked at a map on google... I think it would take more time to get across Montreal (I live in Laval) during trafic hours than actually getting from the border to Lake Placid. I should have looked at a map before Too sweet! Considering it's more or less the same as going to Ottawa, I'm praying that Mao will go to SA. Kitchener would mean paying for accommodations as well since it's too far away for me to go and come back in one day. Lake Placid is feasable I think.

Aaww, I'd have to renew my passport though, right? I think we won't be allowed to cross the border by land without a passport anymore around some time this summer... June or July 1st, I guess... Damn!

Let's keep each other updated on this, bibi. Maybe we can meet down there if we both decide to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Ohhhhh!!! This may be do-able for me too, depending if I can take off from work, and if I can figure out how to get there!

Though if Mao is there, I have to try!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Quote :
Let's keep each other updated on this, bibi. Maybe we can meet down there if we both decide to go Very Happy
I've already bought my tickets !! I can't wait!! Hope you'll have the chance to go too!
Back to top Go down
zooma

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Mao can't go to SA. Rachael Flatt has the priority. I guess Mao's GP will be Cup of Russia and NHK Trophy.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:22 pm

zooma wrote:
Mao can't go to SA. Rachael Flatt has the priority. I guess Mao's GP will be Cup of Russia and NHK Trophy.

I've thought about that... maybe if we're realllllly lucky, Rachael isn't going to go to Skate America... well, the USA has to choose 3 ladies. They have a lot of good skaters. But that's true that Rachael is most likely to go...
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:56 pm

I hope Mao could go to SC again. The Olympic next year is held in Canada. This could help raise her reputation among Canadian audiences^^And she went to SC several times. Seems that she likes competing in Canada. However, I'm not quite sure about whether it is mao chose SC or it is Canada who invited Mao. But I guess that Yuna might choose Skate Canada this year. She is the reigning world champion and trains in Toronto. It is highly possible that Canada will invite her. But it is possible that Canada will invite Rochette. If Mao can't go to north America, I hope she could go to COC. Mao made her debut as a senior in Beijing. I hope Beijing could be a new starting for mao's Road to Olympic. Anyone remember NBC(actually i forgot it is ESPN or NBC) made a documentary for Mao--road to Olympic via Beijing^^Plus, lots of my friends will go to watch COC. I could ask them to cheer for mao,haha.
Back to top Go down
zooma

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:37 am

There's no way SC invites Kim over Rochette. Considering their tendency to make easiler fields for their skaters to win or medal, SC is unlikely to invite Mao even if she wants. And I think she should avoid SC where a blatant home cooking is expected.

Barring strong objections from skaters (not likely), JSF will assign both Mao and Miki to NHK. Therefore she won't go to COC just one week before NHK. Russia is the most natural choice. Tarasova's presence will speak there. Kim and Rochette should avoid Russia if they think rationally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2009 Skate America Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Skate America   2009 Skate America Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 Skate America
Page 1 of 1