Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...

Go down 
+9
ballerinamao
dangerous_angel_face
polosatik
ddmm
kitty
roma
Alokya
Mao2012
PochinkoPotanko
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:54 am

shikure wrote:
it's official that Alissa WD...so there is one more headcount open for now.
Let's wait and see.

I'm surprised she waited this long. Maybe they'll pick another skater from USA, does anyone know who's next in line from the substitute list? Even if Kaetlyn is chosen, I actually kind of hope she will be (as long as other deserving skater doesn't get screwed) simply to see how she'll score outside SC scoring inflation. Because IMO, she won't score this high for the same performance, unless judges are going to be stoned.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 am

roma wrote:
NHK update: Alissa has withdrawn from NHK. No replacement announcement yet.

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3987

Did she withdraw too late or can they still replace her with someone else?

According to what people have been saying about rules concerning withdrawals and replacements, it's not supposed to be too late to chose a replacement skater, but if JSF prefers it that way they have the right not to include anybody new. (correct me if I'm wrong) But if they are willing to find a replacement I too would also have it done as zarina suggested:

zarinaballerina wrote:
...if I were ISU I'd make a substitute list accordig to world ranking, and in case of withdrawal I'd pick whoever is first in line on that list, regardless of what the host country thinks or wants. This way everyone knows who's next in case someone withdraws and there's no "skater x got robbed" cries from the fans.

In fact I think they should make a proper rule like this concerning who'll get the spot if someone WDs from a competiton in order to avoid confusion and frustration amongst fans. It can get very ugly, and in the worst case, it's going to be the skaters who'll be accused they didn't win fairly should a replacement skater make Finals. Now that is one thing I do not want for any skater whether I'm their fan or not. No

I've seen enough skaters becoming notorious just because the judges seem to score them too highly most of the time, I certainly do not want any of them ending up the same way because their Fed was lobbying for them backstage. ISU should simply set more clear rules on matters like this, so there won't be any room for lobbying, making deals, etc.. Disappointed

Btw, how bad is Alissa's condition? Is it that bad, would she might have to retire like swan says? That would be such a pity cause she was getting better with her jumps in the past seasons, not to mention I'd really miss seeing her fabulous spins! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Btw, how bad is Alissa's condition? Is it that bad, would she might have to retire like swan says? That would be such a pity cause she was getting better with her jumps in the past seasons, not to mention I'd really miss seeing her fabulous spins! Sad

Alissa had a torn labrum in her left hip and underwent surgery last June. For me she needs to really rest and recover first before attempting competition.

---

Just read Misha Ge's newest tweet. It's quite long but you can read it here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/k10hgr

I feel so sorry for him. He was first substitute at CoC and because that Russian guy withdrew late they weren't able to invite him. Now that Johnny has also withdrawn from TEB they still cannot invite him saying there's no time. He's already in Europe, just two hours flight to France and they're willing to shoulder the expenses but he still can't get that spot even if he's first substitute. Johnny withdrew a couple of days ago. How much time do they need before they can fill in the spot? Imho, those precious spots shouldn't be wasted. Makes me wonder if Alissa's spot can still be given to others or they'll just say there's no more time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 am

roma wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Alissa had a torn labrum in her left hip and underwent surgery last June. For me she needs to really rest and recover first before attempting competition.

---

Just read Misha Ge's newest tweet. It's quite long but you can read it here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/k10hgr

I feel so sorry for him. He was first substitute at CoC and because that Russian guy withdrew late they weren't able to invite him. Now that Johnny has also withdrawn from TEB they still cannot invite him saying there's no time. He's already in Europe, just two hours flight to France and they're willing to shoulder the expenses but he still can't get that spot even if he's first substitute. Johnny withdrew a couple of days ago. How much time do they need before they can fill in the spot? Imho, those precious spots shouldn't be wasted. Makes me wonder if Alissa's spot can still be given to others or they'll just say there's no more time...

I personally feel that there's enough time to fix a replacement for at least Alissa's spot in NHK, and even if they had all the right in the world not to according to the rules, when you simply think about all those people who managed to get tickets for the competition, JFS should try to find somebody who can enter. Those tickets weren‘t for free, and I imagine some folks bought them for a much higher price from resalers or from net auctions than the original price. Although I'm against rich folks dominating tickets by doing so, I assume in some people's cases they must've worked real hard to manage the money. I know that buying tickets for a competiton or ice shows are sort of a gamble cause you never know who might WD or as for GPF and some other more important competitions, they start selling tickets before you can be sure who'll be there. But if they don't do their best to provide a subsitute when someone WDs although it's possible, I think it's fair to say that folks who bought tickets were robbed a bit.

So may it be Rachael, Grenova or anyone else who can make it and is willing to enter NHK, including Kaetlyn I now think they should be allowed to enter the competitions...even if the replacement skater might be good enough to beat Mao and the other Jpnse girls (though I don't think there'd be much of a chance for anyone accomplishing that at the moment). Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 am

There are some reports that Yulia injured her ankle few days ago. Her practice was without jumps today, I hope nothing serious!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 am

polosatik wrote:
There are some reports that Yulia injured her ankle few days ago. Her practice was without jumps today, I hope nothing serious!

Sad this gpf season is just full of unfortunate mishaps.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:04 am

roma wrote:

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I feel so sorry for Misha. I understand why he couldn't go to CoC, but if he's already in Europe and is WILLING to pay for his flight to Paris, then IMO he shoul've been invited.

Did Johnny give any reason why he withdrew? IMO, ISU should do something about these very late withdrawals. There should be some kind of dead line, and if a skater withdraws after the dead line then there should be a fine that the skaters woudl have to pay.

I know you can't influence when you'll get injured, but some skaters withdraw simply because they realize that they're not ready, or are hoping that the injury won't worsen. Because they don't withdraw in time, other skaters can't get invited and it's unfair and sometimes also disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:42 am

polosatik wrote:

Although spraining an ankle may sound like daily happenings during hard practice amongst athletes, I feel it must be quite damaging to a skater. I simply cannot imagine a skater doing jumps with a sprained ankle...even if the one which was sprained wasn't her landing foot. So as much as I hope she can still enter TEB, I think spraining an ankle is quite serious anyway, so she really should take it easy, and if it's for the better, taking some elements out of her pros might be better to stay on the safe side. While a sprained ankle may be able to heal alot faster compared to other more serious injuries, the condition of her ankle might get worse depending on how she's going to treat it until it's totally fine. pale

I hate it when skaters have no choice but to WD because of an injury, and I hate it more when they have to retire because of an injury. And I've heard Joubert is suffering from intestinal obstruction...my mother had it too long time ago, and since I've seen how painful it can be, I can't imagine why his name is still on the TEB entries list if he really has it. It's damn bad luck and a shame if he loses his chance to skate in his home country, but his health should come first. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Although spraining an ankle may sound like daily happenings during hard practice amongst athletes, I feel it must be quite damaging to a skater. I simply cannot imagine a skater doing jumps with a sprained ankle...even if the one which was sprained wasn't her landing foot. So as much as I hope she can still enter TEB, I think spraining an ankle is quite serious anyway, so she really should take it easy, and if it's for the better, taking some elements out of her pros might be better to stay on the safe side. While a sprained ankle may be able to heal alot faster compared to other more serious injuries, the condition of her ankle might get worse depending on how she's going to treat it until it's totally fine. pale

I hate it when skaters have no choice but to WD because of an injury, and I hate it more when they have to retire because of an injury. And I've heard Joubert is suffering from intestinal obstruction...my mother had it too long time ago, and since I've seen how painful it can be, I can't imagine why his name is still on the TEB entries list if he really has it. It's damn bad luck and a shame if he loses his chance to skate in his home country, but his health should come first. GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 383730
I think that Julia should WD, if the other option is taking some jumps out of her programs: the only thing that gives her points are her elements and, with such a strong field, her PCS could be the factor that take a good placement away from her... Anyway, it was reported that she landed 3Lz+3T many times this morning (not perfectly, though), so I think she'll actually compete: her name is still regularly in the starting order list.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 am

Latest GPS standings after TEB
Mens:http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2012/gpsmen.htm
Ladies:http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2012/gpsladies.htm

Since the 4th runners up only have 20pts in mens and 22pts in ladies, I assume it's now safe to say that if Mao, Akiko, Dai and Yuzuru can all make the podium in whichever order, they can make finals...correct me if I'm wrong.

Esp in Mao's case...I think the judges are willing to place her on the podium as long as she skates clean; even if it should be an only visibly clean skate, with some URs here and there IMO. I think our girl will make it! And probabaly all the other Jpnse skaters too (well, except Haruka Crying or Very sad). Plus Javi of course can make finals if he lands on the podium too. Cheering
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 am

Pochi I agree, i think mao will make it! Yep! And hopefully she'll have a great GPF this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...   GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPS 2012 Singles Standings so far...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2