Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Nationals

Go down 
+43
koala_lover
fgr8sktrfn
jkblues
maowataiyo
sapphiresky
kitty
pearlyriver
supportmaoasada
kaarolcia
kenkyo
BowbowDaijin
KariDebate
sadistyi
josling
agathrine
inskate
chiyori
Haidogirl
yukisnowflake
AmazingGraceMao
shikure
linglang
babayaga
Ken Himura
Lady_in_black
COHK
Mao2012
helen91
Dani-Chan
zarinaballerina
dangerous_angel_face
swan
Alokya
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
ddmm
l-spiralmao
shar
roma
silenceisgolden
princessinpink
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

Japan Nationals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 am

OMG! I'm so exciting about Japanese Nats Dance I wan't to see Mao again so badly, but men competition will be epic too!!!!!!

I agree with Pochi and Polosatik, the best oportunity for Mao to try the 3A is at Japanesse Nationals, if she succed it, she can go for it in next competitions, with more confident, if she doen't succed it, it doesn't hurt her to much Razz

The SP is the best place for Mao's 3A, her FS layout is quite good, she doesn't need the 3A to win (Nats, 4CC, worlds), she needs a clean FS. BTW, I don't care to much about the 3Lz either, if she can jump it decently, it's ok for now, the most important is her 3F, if she got a strong 3F, she can use it for 3-3 ROTFLMAO

GO MAO, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confetti
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:47 am

shar wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjW7-NcVheA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is one of her best 3A.

That's a great attempt, one of the best indeed! I think I agree with those who said she is likely to include it in the short program, not the long. Someone on goldenskate posted the base values of jumps in the long program of top skaters and Mao's 7 triple program is already the most expensive, her base value is higher than Yuna's 6 triples. She will loose on GOE and due to the edge call, but overall her LP score should be very comparable with Yuna and higher than everyone else. It is the SP where she will have a lower score than both Yuna and Carolina if everyone is clean, so to me it also makes most sense for her to attempt it in the short.
Go Mao Boogie
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Not sure if this was already posted, but Mao is no 22 in the SP. So she's 4th in the 4th group (second to final group).
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 pm

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
Not sure if this was already posted, but Mao is no 22 in the SP. So she's 4th in the 4th group (second to final group).
When SP is going to start?
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 pm

roma wrote:
3A in practice. Looking pretty good to me. sunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq27K4NBCmw

flower What a pretty 3a! sunny I hope Mao will try it in the SP, the 2a is her 1st jump and she really doesn't have anything to lose here.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 pm

polosatik wrote:
Here is the practice/competition schedule: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17663126/2012-12-03schedule.pdf
And another schedule: http://deep-edge.net/event_detail.php?No=590

According to both, ladies SP is on 12/22, 13:35-17:35 Japan time.
In the first schedule you can see times group by group, and it looks like Mao's 4th group is scheduled to start around 16:00 local time. flower
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:30 pm

that was an absolutely breathtaking 3A, hope Mao will go for it soon!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:54 pm

babayaga wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Here is the practice/competition schedule: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17663126/2012-12-03schedule.pdf
And another schedule: http://deep-edge.net/event_detail.php?No=590

According to both, ladies SP is on 12/22, 13:35-17:35 Japan time.
In the first schedule you can see times group by group, and it looks like Mao's 4th group is scheduled to start around 16:00 local time. flower
Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Clear video of her 3A. cheers She actually landed it twice flower
I really feel she is more secure about landing them Wub Is it just me or it looks also like she has more speed when going for the jump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsPZVS55n2o

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Thank you for the clips and news.

Great 3As!! Mao, you are sooooooo great!! cheers Dance The second 3A clip clearly shows her air position and she's made it. She's acquired new technique. Bawling I'm crying for happiness that she's getting there and admiration for her great efforts.

Now the issue is if she can nail it at competitions. According to news articles, Mao said she would probably not attempt it at nationals because she didn't do run-throughs with 3A in practices.

http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20121221k0000m050057000c.html
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2012/12/21/kiji/K20121221004818940.html

Sato team is famous for its "homestretch" (oikomi) before competitions in which Taka and Mao do run-throughs repeatedly by taking turns. I can understand she'll be less confident to attempt 3A at nationals if she didn't do it with 3A at all in practices. I hope Mao takes it easy, don't rush. She's been making progress step by step and I hope she keeps her own comfortable pace.

I don't know how heavy this "homestretch" was for Mao this time because of her back pain. I'm worried too that she didn't see a doctor. She said she had radiofrequency treatment and it worked to relieve the pain though. I hope she will take a good care of herself. As she said her body is no longer very young.

ETA: Thanks Dani-chan for the clip. I agree she has more speed before jump!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 6:43 pm

linglang wrote:
Thank you for the clips and news.

Great 3As!! Mao, you are sooooooo great!! cheers Dance The second 3A clip clearly shows her air position and she's made it. She's acquired new technique. Bawling I'm crying for happiness that she's getting there and admiration for her great efforts.

Now the issue is if she can nail it at competitions. According to news articles, Mao said she would probably not attempt it at nationals because she didn't do run-throughs with 3A in practices.

http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20121221k0000m050057000c.html
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2012/12/21/kiji/K20121221004818940.html

Sato team is famous for its "homestretch" (oikomi) before competitions in which Taka and Mao do run-throughs repeatedly by taking turns. I can understand she'll be less confident to attempt 3A at nationals if she didn't do it with 3A at all in practices. I hope Mao takes it easy, don't rush. She's been making progress step by step and I hope she keeps her own comfortable pace.

I don't know how heavy this "homestretch" was for Mao this time because of her back pain. I'm worried too that she didn't see a doctor. She said she had radiofrequency treatment and it worked to relieve the pain though. I hope she will take a good care of herself. As she said her body is no longer very young.

ETA: Thanks Dani-chan for the clip. I agree she has more speed before jump!

thank you linglang~I am too busy to update all news since all westerners want to rush out things before Christmas No
I think we don't need to worry about if she goes to hospital or not. sometimes they didn't say it didn't mean they didn't do it.
After I read one of article for Haruka, I understand that we don't know how often all of them go to see doctor or do physiotherapy.
all of them may have injury ...small ones...big ones, even the injury in Nice world of Yuzuru based on what he said is "he has the injury from when he was kid"
I think the team, not only Satos, also ppl from IMG will take care of her Smile
for having 3A or not, I think we can know the answer from run-through for SP, since she said that in beginning of season that she won't decide that in 6 mins warm-up.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:39 pm

What u guise think, it was enough rotated? (big gif ahead :')

Japan Nationals - Page 3 3a1
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
What u guise think, it was enough rotated? (big gif ahead :')

Yes, I think it is fully rotated. If she has the same level in competition, she will receive full credit and maybe +1 GOE, which is 9.5 points, cheers
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Has the competition started?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Yes, I think the competition today starts with the ice dance. There's live updates here (but in Japanese):
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/1457 (Ice dance)

BTW, Men's SP will start in about 40-50 mins. Here's the live updates:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/1458
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 am

any live links where we will be able to watch the competiton?
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:36 am

Keyhole TV has always worked for me in the past. Which channels?

For people that are watching - please keep me updated! I have two doctor's appointments tomorrow and can't watch, but I would love to see the play-by-play/first reactions out of you!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 am

COHK wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Yes, I think the competition today starts with the ice dance. There's live updates here (but in Japanese):

I'm back after a few hours, so what were the results?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
COHK wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I'm back after a few hours, so what were the results?
It's still going, Shomo Uno just skated and he's second for now. Mura will be the first to skate from top contenders, still 3 skaters to go before him.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:24 am

Mura 4-3, 3A, 3Lz, 84.48
Announcer said 3Lz might be a little bit earlier than the last half so it might not get x1.1 benefit.

Akio is on the ice!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 am

Mura skated clean and got 84.48 for his SP! cheers Congrats!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:28 am

Akio is fun to watch. He's loved by Japanese figure skating fans so much. Razz

ETA: Akio landed all jumps cleanly and 74.92!!

Go Tono!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 am

It's indeed an exciting competition. NOt only Mura landed a quad but Sasaki (an relatively unknown skater abroad) skated clean. Too bad Oda fell on his quad but his skating was gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 am

Oda 80.75
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 am

Taka starting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Nationals   Japan Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Nationals
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next