Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Theme Design

Go down 
+22
linglang
pearlyriver
sweetdream
silenceisgolden
chapis
illani
ballerinamao
AmazingGraceMao
shar
Haidogirl
kawaiimao
inskate
☆Genie
klarification
Star85
l-spiralmao
polosatik
Ken Himura
Alokya
zarinaballerina
PochinkoPotanko
roma
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 am

Shocked We have a new theme? Very Happy

Finally! I love the colors and the banner. Love Hearts
May I know who made this theme? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:45 am

roma wrote:

Smile

But thank Genie cause she allowed me to do it!

Not as colorful as before, sorry...anyway I hope you all like it. I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:30 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
roma wrote:

Smile

Thanks for this, Pochi! After posting the above I actually had an inkling it was you when I looked at the banner again and your siggie. Very Happy I really like it a lot. And I think you don't have to say sorry about the colors. They're perfect! I feel too much color will be... well, too much. Razz Right now I feel they're balanced.

I hope you don't mind. Can I suggest something?

Can we adjust the width of that banner image to fit the width of that header? I noticed when I resize my browser and the box adjusts, the banner fits the width really well and it looks even better. But then on second thought, do you have access to the css files or just the uploading of image files? If it's the latter I think just don't mind this. geek

Thanks, again!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 am

roma wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
roma wrote:

Smile

Thanks for this, Pochi! After posting the above I actually had an inkling it was you when I looked at the banner again and your siggie. Very Happy I really like it a lot. And I think you don't have to say sorry about the colors. They're perfect! I feel too much color will be... well, too much. Razz Right now I feel they're balanced.

I hope you don't mind. Can I suggest something?

Can we adjust the width of that banner image to fit the width of that header? I noticed when I resize my browser and the box adjusts, the banner fits the width really well and it looks even better. But then on second thought, do you have access to the css files or just the uploading of image files? If it's the latter I think just don't mind this. geek

Thanks, again!

Wish I can do that for you, but I made the banner in the same size as the old banner, added the forum URL underneath it because there was so much blank space there which didn't look nice...but I think that's as far as I'll be doing. I don't want to go into adjusting css and stuff, I fear I might mess things up since I haven't done that sort of thing in forums even in our Jpnse forum. I too think there are much more parts in the whole design of this forum which can be made better, but let's stay on the safe side until the admins are back again. Sweatdrop

ETA: I tend to use the same photo of Mao in 'Swan Lake' for my signatures too, cause it's really so hard to find an image of her in that costume which I can erase the fake-skin edges quite easily. Mao's costumes this season look nice from a distance, but when you get close...those fake-skin parts ruin everything! Did eveyone notice that there are fake arm skins for the Mary Poppins costume too? I think Mao is very sensitive to cold air, so she's in to keeping herself warm no matter what! Sad
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:22 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Wish I can do that for you, but I made the banner in the same size as the old banner, added the forum URL underneath it because there was so much blank space there which didn't look nice...but I think that's as far as I'll be doing. I don't want to go into adjusting css and stuff, I fear I might mess things up since I haven't done that sort of thing in forums even in our Jpnse forum. I too think there are much more parts in the whole design of this forum which can be made better, but let's stay on the safe side until the admins are back again. Sweatdrop

ETA: I tend to use the same photo of Mao in 'Swan Lake' for my signatures too, cause it's really so hard to find an image of her in that costume which I can erase the fake-skin edges quite easily. Mao's costumes this season look nice from a distance, but when you get close...those fake-skin parts ruin everything! Did eveyone notice that there are fake arm skins for the Mary Poppins costume too? I think Mao is very sensitive to cold air, so she's in to keeping herself warm no matter what! Sad

It's ok, Pochi. I know editing CSS files for themes can be quite a huge headache. Don't mind it.

And on that fake skin thing, is this what they call illusion fabric? Whoever makes Mao's costumes really does it bad at using this fabric. A lot of her costumes has a shade too dark when it comes to this. Remember that first Liebestraum costume at JO? But then she used it only once so it's ok. This time, however, it kinda ruins her swan costume. Or rather the neck/shoulder part.

OTOH, I never noticed that in Mary Poppins so I had to look at my saved images and online pins of her in that costume. It's barely noticeable but on one photo I saw a slight crease so... Shocked
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 am

roma wrote:
And on that fake skin thing, is this what they call illusion fabric? Whoever makes Mao's costumes really does it bad at using this fabric. A lot of her costumes has a shade too dark when it comes to this. Remember that first Liebestraum costume at JO? But then she used it only once so it's ok. This time, however, it kinda ruins her swan costume. Or rather the neck/shoulder part.

OTOH, I never noticed that in Mary Poppins so I had to look at my saved images and online pins of her in that costume. It's barely noticeable but on one photo I saw a slight crease so... Shocked

Illusion Fabric! So that's the proper name for those fake skin parts! At last I know! cheers

And it was the same with me about the Poppins costume...I never thought of all costumes it had illusion fabric, but they go down from the middle of her arms to her wrists I think. It's not noticable compared to the other costumes, but it's actually long sleeved. And I think one of the reasons why Mao's illusion fabric tends to be too dark is because the fabric is more heavy/thick compared to other skater's illusion fabric. It seems as if Mao uses lots of thick illusion fabric not for the design of her costume, but to keep her body warm. scratch

But the color and thickness of her 'Swan Lake' costume's illusion fabric is just too much! I really would've preferred she put a choker around the neck just to cover the edges of it. Sad
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 am

Pochi, the new forum design is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Illusion Fabric! So that's the proper name for those fake skin parts! At last I know! cheers

And it was the same with me about the Poppins costume...I never thought of all costumes it had illusion fabric, but they go down from the middle of her arms to her wrists I think. It's not noticable compared to the other costumes, but it's actually long sleeved. And I think one of the reasons why Mao's illusion fabric tends to be too dark is because the fabric is more heavy/thick compared to other skater's illusion fabric. It seems as if Mao uses lots of thick illusion fabric not for the design of her costume, but to keep her body warm. scratch

But the color and thickness of her 'Swan Lake' costume's illusion fabric is just too much! I really would've preferred she put a choker around the neck just to cover the edges of it. Sad

I never noticed the illusion fabric in Mary Poppins, I wish she'd use the same type of fabric for her other costumes. I think her Swan lake costume would look better in lighter colour of "fake skin", or in white colour, like in one of your banners. She uses long sleeves in the sp costume as well, though I love it when she goes without them, like her last Liebesträume costume. Wub

Maybe next year she'll have a costume without sleeves and illusion fabric, I'd love that.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Pochi, the new forum design is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am

This is so beautiful, PochinkoPotanko. I'm glad to know it is your work! Thank yoU!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Thank u so much for the new forum design, Pochi, it's really beautiful, I love it Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Kayo, this is so beautiful!!! Love the colouring, banner, everything!!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Love Hearts PPotato!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Nice new layout! It's been a while, so this is a nice change. I had a feeling it was you who did this Pochi! The winged swan lake dress gave it away Smile
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Thank you very much dear Pochi! I was pleasantly surprised when I opened Mao Forums today. Very, very fresh layout. I actually had a hunch that you did the makeover the moment I laid eyes on the forum banner. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks so much for the compliments all! I'm so happy you seem to like it! Thank you!

I didn't want Mao forum to seem 'abandoned' using the same design for such a long time, so I asked Genie if she'd be willing to let me change it and she gave me the honor, thanks again Genie. Smile

I had a feeling most of you would figure it was me who did it cause I tend to put wings on Mao's back all the time! To me it always seemed like Mao had invisible wings on her back. She's a swan and an angel this season! I love you

Btw, I think it would be fun if members who are willing could take turns in designing the theme every new season... sunny
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm

That is a good idea ^. We should do that!

Anyways, please direct any adjustments and/or recommendations about the layout to PochinkoPotanko.

She will be handling any issues for another 3 days.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Btw, I think it would be fun if members who are willing could take turns in designing the theme every new season... sunny

This is a great idea, Pochi, for the members to get involved more in the forum. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 am

roma wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

This is a great idea, Pochi, for the members to get involved more in the forum. Thumbs up!

Yes, we have lots of talented members here so I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who'd want to try it out. And we'll always have fresh new ideas for the designs. When only one person does it, eventually he/she starts running out of ideas. So I personally think we'll have more varieties of designs if more people participate. Smile

Btw, I made a small banner for the forum:

New Theme Design Banner1zm

If you have your own blogs or homepages, you can use this banner freely to advertise Mao forum.
You can paste them in e-mails to your friends too.
You can change the size if it's too large. In fact you can use it any way you want.
I'm not the sort of person who claims rights on stuff I make and upload on the net...I'm using Mao's image without her permission so who am I to claim rights anyway? Razz

Just hoping we can get more members; esp by Sochi Olys so we can all cheer together! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:31 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
roma wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Yes, we have lots of talented members here so I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who'd want to try it out. And we'll always have fresh new ideas for the designs. When only one person does it, eventually he/she starts running out of ideas. So I personally think we'll have more varieties of designs if more people participate. Smile

I second this idea! Maybe we could gather the people interested and then have one design every four months perhaps? Wink

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Btw, I made a small banner for the forum:

New Theme Design Banner1zm

If you have your own blogs or homepages, you can use this banner freely to advertise Mao forum.
You can paste them in e-mails to your friends too.
You can change the size if it's too large. In fact you can use it any way you want.
I'm not the sort of person who claims rights on stuff I make and upload on the net...I'm using Mao's image without her permission so who am I to claim rights anyway? Razz

Just hoping we can get more members; esp by Sochi Olys so we can all cheer together! Thumbs up!

Just a head's up, I'm using your banner on another forum I'm in.

And yes, we need more Mao fans to cheer with us by Sochi! cheers
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 am

I've changed the favicon for the forum into a new one matching the new design.

It looks like this...

http://homepage3.nifty.com/ebomaku/figureskating/favicon2.ico

If you'd like the new favicon shown in your browser's favorites list, you need to delete Mao Forum from your favorites list once, and then add it again to the list once again. It's not much trouble so I'd appreciate it if some of you would bother to do so...but if you like the old favicon, just leave your favorites list as it is and there should be no changes made. Smile
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

Lovely theme! flower Wub Many Hearts

Great idea with the users contributing when they can Smile I was going to change the theme before the Japanese Nats, but I was quite busy recently. Sweatdrop I'll certainly do my best to help in the future, though Yep!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Thanks so much for the compliments all! I'm so happy you seem to like it! Thank you!

I didn't want Mao forum to seem 'abandoned' using the same design for such a long time, so I asked Genie if she'd be willing to let me change it and she gave me the honor, thanks again Genie. Smile

I had a feeling most of you would figure it was me who did it cause I tend to put wings on Mao's back all the time! To me it always seemed like Mao had invisible wings on her back. She's a swan and an angel this season! I love you

That would be fun. Although I have no idea how to go about making those changes. Not without some sort of access from a moderator or something I guess anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 am

inskate wrote:
Lovely theme! flower Wub Many Hearts

Great idea with the users contributing when they can Smile I was going to change the theme before the Japanese Nats, but I was quite busy recently. Sweatdrop I'll certainly do my best to help in the future, though Yep!

Thank you inskate, I'm so relieved you like it! I'm not good with various colors like you, so I was worried you mind find it a bit pale... Sweatdrop

I think from now on, if you don't have the time you can ask other members to change the theme in your place. polosatik, klarification etc...we have so many gifted artisits in this forum. Yep!

Star85 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

That would be fun. Although I have no idea how to go about making those changes. Not without some sort of access from a moderator or something I guess anyway.

It's not as difficult as it may seem Star85, you'd have no trouble doing it once you see the page where you do it. I happened to be using forumotions services for our Jpnse forum too, so I knew in advance how it's done, but anyone fan do it provided they get help from inskate or Mods or me, if they can't figure something out. I think changing the images are quite easy, cause you can download the current images and make another in the same size. Changing the colors for the rows; the background colors where the words are written may be a bit more complicated but you can always change them right away if you think you've chosen the wrong color at first.

I think it also may be good to have some trustworthy members to do the theme change once in a while, so they can get an idea of how the Administration CP is. In that way when something should go wrong technically, we can have a number of members to discuss and fix it. The forumotions CP it self is quite simple, and has a forum for helping all people using their service to ask questions and get feedback when you run into trouble too. It's called a forum for forums, and they have all the answers you need there. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:13 pm

WOW!! Loving the new look!! Worship 
Good job! Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Okay, I'm sorry that I didn't change everything, and used some old icons and redid Kayo background, I don't have much time sadly.  Embarassed But banner,colours and a who's online are new! Hope you like it guys! flower 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Theme Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme Design   New Theme Design Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Theme Design
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next