Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Nobu article on icenetwork.com

Go down 
+4
sunshine
Oscilla
inskate
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Empty
PostSubject: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 pm

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080308&content_id=45329&vkey=ice_news

You need to scroll a bit down the page to find the article!

Quote :
Barkell said that because Oda was "very upset about what transpired in the summer" and since he had not competed in the fall, they decided it would be best for him not to contend for the national title and a berth on the world team this season.

"Together, everybody decided to start fresh with a brand new free program. Originally he was going to compete with a new short program and use last year's free, but we want to go with two totally new programs for next season," Barkell said.

(...)

Oda, who has been back training in Canada since September, has been taking more ballet classes with the intention of "coming out with a totally new look, a more refined look", Barkell said.

Previously, David Wilson had choreographed Oda's charming, crowd-pleasing programs but this time Lori Nichol, another top Canadian choreographer, has set his routines.

Oda will compete in some major summer competitions in Canada to test drive the new programs so he will be competition ready for the start of the 2008-09 season.

"The way he's training, you'd think he was going to worlds," Barkell chuckled. "It's not like he's just sloughing off. He's doing run throughs of the short program. His new free program has just been finished and he's training extremely hard and, actually, skating quite well."

And again I upset myself into stomach ache - I hate it when the author confuses "being intoxicated" with being under influence (especially considering that there's high probability that 0.3 BAC is legal in the author's state, or even twice as much would be allowed), and Takatsuki with Osaka! pale I think I'll write a letter of complaint. Very Mad

Great to hear about Lori Nichol's programs and ballet classes, though... Plus now I may have a reason to go back to Canada this summer. I love you

I just hope that Nobu will be OK mentally! Worship
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks for the link. Glad to finally hear some good news! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks for the news! Barkell sounds optimistic, that is a good sign. Thumbs up!

Quote :
"The way he's training, you'd think he was going to worlds," Barkell chuckled. "It's not like he's just sloughing off. He's doing run throughs of the short program. His new free program has just been finished and he's training extremely hard (...)

I find this quote sad. It's heartache-rendering for me that such a hard working and good person ended up being accused of 'not knowing what responsibility means'. If there is somebody who does not know what responsibility meants, it's chairman Ito and the KanDai fellow. I'd love to send them a thesaurus with the word 'responsibility' highlighted! (Except I don't know the address... )
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Wow this is really wonderful news. I am impressed by his high motivation! Also Lee sounds very supportive and strategically pushing him to rise up to the next level. It's so wonderful for Nobu.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:00 pm

yay Nobu! i've been waiting to see him all season but i guess i can wait until next season. Where in Canada does he train?
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:10 pm

helen91 wrote:
Where in Canada does he train?

At Mariposa Skate Center in Barrie, Ontario.
He had always competed in Thornhill Summer Skate and performed at Mariposa Charity Gala, so I hope he will start his season with those events. Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:21 pm

I don't want to start a new topic just for this tiny piece of news, so I just add it here...

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20080402-OHT1T00089.htm

According to the above article, Daisuke Takahashi during the graduation ceremony at Kansai University was asked about his goal, and he said:

Quote :

I want to participate in Olympics 2010 together with Oda-kun. If we take gold and silver, that would be great.

Bawling Love Hearts Respect for Dai-chan, now here's a competitor with class and golden heart. Worship
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:32 am

Yukisnowflake posted the following in FSU. flower

Quote :
I saw & chatted with Nobunari Oda & his Mom who were at 2008 Can. Nationals there as spectators.

I was able to tell Nobu & his Mom that we miss him & will Welcome his return to competition in the new season.

Nobu & his Mom were very happy & pleased to hear it & voiced their thanks & appreciation.

They both appeared to be in good spirits & even better after I told him he was missed & we can't wait for his return to skating on the circuit again.

I also got to give him a present of a small stuffed toy 'Rooster' in honor of his Rooster program he has skated in the past.
He really liked it alot.
I told him I have been collecting 'Roosters' for him ever since he skated his Rooster program.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Thank you for posting this, Caliblue...

I made a mistake, though, and went and visited FSU. God, I forgot how mentally sick makes me reading things spewed by some of those people... I can't believe there are people like that. I wish I was allowed to kill myself. I can't believe how others can be optimistic living in a world like that.
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:06 pm

Nobu has been selected to be "Tokubetsu Kyouka Senshu." which entitles him to receive the highest level of funding from the JSF. They normally award this based on the Japanese Nationals results, but they picked Nobu as a special case. In addition to Nobu, Takahashi, Kozuka, and Nanri will also receive this funding level.

Nobu is scheduled to participate in "Dream on Ice" (June 27 - 29) in Yokohama.

http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sports/news/CK2008042402006063.html
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:07 pm

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will finally see him skate in about 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:05 pm

This is unexpected (the DoI line-up, that is). Is this a confirmed info? There was a rumour about Prince Ice World some time ago, but it turned out the PIW homepage was just wrongly updated, listing all the skaters that participated last year and not the current line-up.

As a fan I should be happy, but I just get more worried. pale

EDIT: I just skipped through the article and they indeed mention Dream on Ice.
One of the words I fear the most: "minibaiku" or anything that looks remotely alike. A few katakana and I'm about to lose my supper. pale
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:38 pm

I think participants are always subject to change. Just think how many changes were made to the Japan Open line up. Whirly Same is true for any ISU-sanctioned events. On top of that, there is always a chance of any media outlet misquoting or misreporting somebody/something. It's unfortunate, but it's true. C'est la vie, non? Escape
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Im sort of more worried that he will participate than that he will not participate... I just perceive the prospective audience to be a huge horde of venom-dripping zombies, with reporters floating around, carrying cameras that spit sulfuric acid.

I'm even more worried that the media just use this to attract more ticket buyers, the same as JSF kept mum about Nobu trying to withdraw since early December. Then one of Nobu's "fans" written a blog entry that she's disappointed in him, because she bought a ticket to see him and he "withdrew at the last second". Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 4:07 pm

According to DOI 2008 official site, the Japanese male single skaters that are scheduled to perform are: Takahashi Daisuke, Kozuka Takahiko, Nanri Yasuharu, Nakaniwa Kensuke, Mura Takahito, Sasaki Akio, Hanyu Yuzuru.

In other news, after Worlds 2008 and subsequent change of seasons that now count for the ISU ranking (06/08 - 70%; 07-08 - 100%) Nobu fell from 6th to 28th position.
To get 2 GP events one needs to be 24th or higher. 2 spots are also given for top 24 personal best score, but I do not even remember whether all-time PB counts or does it need to be posted in the previous season.
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 pm

Don't worry. Jeff couldn't make the Worlds team at 2003-2004 and then won the Silver at Worlds the following season. They happen to train under the same coach, don't they?Wub Lee sounds pretty confident about Nobu's training in that article. I am sure that things will turn out alright. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nobu article on icenetwork.com   New Nobu article on icenetwork.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Nobu article on icenetwork.com
Page 1 of 1