Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nobu and Fumie get down to work

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Nobu and Fumie get down to work Empty
PostSubject: Nobu and Fumie get down to work   Nobu and Fumie get down to work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:49 am

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080723&content_id=49632&vkey=ice_news

Fumie's new SP is choreographed to the soundtrack of Fanfan, a 1992 French comedy romance. Her LP is not ready yet. Right now she is focusing on improving her jumps:

Quote :
Technically, she is working to perfect a triple-triple combination as well as the triple loop, a jump she has not landed in recent competitions.

"Nikolai has fixed [the loop] a lot," Suguri said. "I wish to have the loop this season and also maybe a triple Axel."

affraid
Whatever happens, there is no denying that Fumie is a Fighter, with a capital F. Rockstar

Nobu put college on hold... I'm not surprised and maybe it's better for him to get away from some individuals Lips sealed, but still Sad.
Some better news: he will be at Nebelhorn (gimme some tickets!!!), is enjoying working with Nikolai so far and is planning 2 quads in his programs. Smile

His SP is set to Khachaturian's "Masquerade Waltz" after all! So he shares with Mao not only one of the choreographers, but also music. :rofl:

Nikolai also talks a bit about his split with Daisuke:
Quote :
"I decided this before [taking on] Nobunari. It was not after Nobunari. I was actually very happy to end up with Nobunari because I had been thinking to stop working with Takahashi anyway."
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Nobu and Fumie get down to work   Nobu and Fumie get down to work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 am

Thank you for the link, inskate. Smile

That was a very good article. Icenetwork sounds so much more proffesional than Gallagher.

I wish Fumie best of luck. It would be great if she could have a succesful season and a great comeback.

Nice to hear from Nobu again. He sounds old (though still looks like a baby). But it's great that he found a supportive coach and good training environment. I was pleased to see Angela Maxwell mention him in the article about her. I'm considering going to Obersdorf to wish Nobu good luck in person. I hope the tickets are cheap, because the bus tickets to Germany surely aren't! Unconscious
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: Nobu and Fumie get down to work   Nobu and Fumie get down to work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Oscilla wrote:
I'm considering going to Obersdorf to wish Nobu good luck in person. I hope the tickets are cheap, because the bus tickets to Germany surely aren't! Unconscious
If you go, please wish him best of luck from all of Nobu fans here!
sunny
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Nobu and Fumie get down to work   Nobu and Fumie get down to work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Caliblue wrote:
Oscilla wrote:
I'm considering going to Obersdorf to wish Nobu good luck in person. I hope the tickets are cheap, because the bus tickets to Germany surely aren't! Unconscious
If you go, please wish him best of luck from all of Nobu fans here!
sunny
that would be amazing!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Nobu and Fumie get down to work   Nobu and Fumie get down to work Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:43 am

This weekend Nobunari posted a message to his fans on the BBS of his fanpage. I translated it into English:

Quote :
Good evening!

Nobunari here. I'm glad to write here again☆

I arrived in Canada! I'm here to have my choreography readjusted by my Mrs.Lori Nichol!

That aside, Canada is cool!!!! Today for the first time in awhile the weather is good, and the refreshing wind feels great~☆ (those who are in Japan now, forgive me!) The choreography adjustment is planned for next week, so now I'm just spending the weekend here.

Speaking of which I got e-mails from people who read the interview at Icenetwork.com, when I read them I was in shock!!

A quad in the SP......!!!??? I'll do it in the LP first, I was meaning to say, but it looks like I didn't transfer my thoughts properly...

That's why please don't expect it! (smile)

But of course, it goes without saying that I practice with all my power!!!!!!

In October I'm scheduled to participate in the Nebelhorn Trophy, in August I have a local tournament in America. I'm both glad & nervous at the same time...

I'll write again soon!

I thank you all for your support as always.

Nobunari, from TORONTO

There is one sentence I skipped because of an unknown word. Could somebody who speaks Japanese help me with it? It's the underlined one:

Quote :
うまのすけさん→僕を発見したら気軽に話しかけて下さい!

Is it simply a name/pseudo? Any help would be appreciated. Embarassed

I plan to go to Nebelhorn as well... I hope I will be able to afford it. The accommodation prices scare me Money. A poster on GS mentioned that accommodation in Obersdorf is cheap, but the amount of money that I need to pay for 3 nights at some of the cheaper hotels is higher than the amount of money I earned in a month working part-time... There are no good jobs available for a student in my country, and the zloty to Euro conversion kills me. Disappointed Still, I'm not giving up yet. Sweatdrop And Oberstdorf is just gorgeous! If I'm not wrong, Mao trained there last off-season. I wish she came to Nebelhorn as well... Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobu and Fumie get down to work   Nobu and Fumie get down to work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nobu and Fumie get down to work
Page 1 of 1