Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!

Go down 
+37
mimmiz
Tripleaxelqueen
PochinkoPotanko
symbolicsmile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
minhoudi
whiteboots2013
BowbowDaijin
kitty
europeanfan
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
kisses
AmazingGraceMao
Iceriver
Abdiel
kawaiimao
chapis
FigureArtist14
let`s talk
ilovethai
silenceisgolden
inskate
ElleluvsL
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
sapphiresky
Ken Himura
Czarace
Haidogirl
shar
Dani-Chan
aoi88
roma
ballerinamao
COHK
linglang
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
kisses
Double Axel
Double Axel
kisses

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:28 pm

roma wrote:
Reuters Canada Article: Figure skating-After three hard years, Asada hopes to shine at Sochi
Thanks Roma! Good thing there are some press who notice Mao.
'Coz this past few months, the one who withdraw from the Grand Prix is always the headline. On the other hand, grand prix winners are not even in headlines Frustrated 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 pm

kisses wrote:
roma wrote:
Reuters Canada Article: Figure skating-After three hard years, Asada hopes to shine at Sochi
Thanks Roma! Good thing there are some press who notice Mao.
'Coz this past few months, the one who withdraw from the Grand Prix is always the headline. On the other hand, grand prix winners are not even in headlines  Frustrated 
Well said, Kisses Thumbs up! . I'm so glad that her effort is finally recognized. I don't know anyone who has devoted more to FS than her.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:02 pm

roma wrote:
I looked this up and here are some quotes:

"If possible, I wouldn't have wanted to have these tough experiences," the soft-spoken 23-year-old told Reuters in an interview at her home rink just outside the central Japanese city of Nagoya.

"Over the last three years I've been through a lot of pain and worry. But it's because of that pain that I've gotten to where I am now.

"If I hadn't gone through these tough times, I don't think I'd have come as far as I have, to being in my current condition."

During the session, which she shared with fellow elite skater Takahiko Kozuka, she landed all her jumps cleanly enough to earn applause from coach Kumiko Sato cheers , who watched from the side of the rink and occasionally pantomimed moves.

"When I went back to basics, I couldn't really square what my coach was telling me with what I knew. I didn't understand it, and when I did, I couldn't follow it," Asada said.

"It's all an issue of sense, of feeling. Basically it was just a matter of practicing every day until I got it."

"Because I know that there's only a year left, I can really pour all my energy into competing," said Asada.

"I feel (my mother's) presence every day, so I'm able to continue on as before."

It's so hard to imagine what Mao has been through in the past 3 years, it seemed so short yet so long for all that has happened. No matter what lies in the future, she has this sport's top Gold medal to me.

And here's another place where Mao is given her due recognition:
PChan and Mao were the only ones listed Cool 

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/sochi-2014-likely-stars-of-winter-olympic-games-1.1525875

"Sochi 2014: Likely stars of Winter Olympic Games"

Figure skating

Patrick Chan (Canada)
Three-time reigning world champion Chan is favourite to become the first Canadian man to win the men's Olympic gold after a poor sixth place at his home Games in Vancouver. The 22-year-old, who once insisted you didn't need a quad jump to win gold as American Evan Lysacek proved in Vancouver, now has two in the first minute of his long programme. Won Skate Canada at the weekend.

Mao Asada (Japan)
Japanese superstar Asada, 23, a two-time world champion in 2008 and 2010, had to settle for silver in Vancouver as great rival Kim Yu-Na of South Korea glided to a stunning gold. Reigning world champion Kim has started the season injured leaving the way open for Asada, the world bronze medallist, to win Skate America. Asada is the only woman to consistently attempt and land the triple axel, the most difficult jump in women's figure skating, and in Vancouver she became the first to land three.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:17 pm

sapphiresky wrote:

Mao Asada (Japan)
Japanese superstar Asada, 23, a two-time world champion in 2008 and 2010, had to settle for silver in Vancouver as great rival Kim Yu-Na of South Korea glided to a stunning gold. Reigning world champion Kim has started the season injured leaving the way open for Asada, the world bronze medallist, to win Skate America. Asada is the only woman to consistently attempt and land the triple axel, the most difficult jump in women's figure skating, and in Vancouver she became the first to land three.
Iappreciate that they named Mao as the potential star of Sochi, but I wholeheartedly disagree with that bold part. It implies that Mao benefits from Yuna's injury but I believe that she'd be more proud to defeat a healthy Yuna.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:51 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:

Mao Asada (Japan)
Iappreciate that they named Mao as the potential star of Sochi, but I wholeheartedly disagree with that bold part. It implies that Mao benefits from Yuna's injury but I believe that she'd be more proud to defeat a healthy Yuna.
Yeah I don't like that part also. Hello! Yuna was not even listed for Skate America...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:29 am

Quote :
"I feel (my mother's) presence every day, so I'm able to continue on as before."
This made me cry! Bawling 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:59 am

roma wrote:
Thanks, roma. The interview is great!
Also, I just found out there's a video clip accompany this interview. Try the following link:
http://www.newscom.com/nc/showMainNCPage.action

And do a search using "Mao Asada", the 1st clip is the interview (in Japanese)
It looks like Shanetta Folle is there with Mao. So perhaps we'll get to see an updated version of Rach2 during GPF!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:24 pm

I went to the GS forum and I read something that's crazy about Mao: "She has been nothing but lovely and nice, pampered but lovely" WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I didn't have to go that forum to read this kind of things.................. SORRY!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
Quote :

Same here Bawling Bawling Bawling Bawling 

I remember a TV interview where a fortune teller told to Mao that She will suffer a lot, I was afraid when I heard that, but I've never imagined how much she would suffer. She is a very strong lady, I admire her even more her when I watch her smile now, how can it be? Actually God and her mother´s spirit are with her!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Ken Himura wrote:
I went to the GS forum and I read something that's crazy about Mao: "She has been nothing but lovely and nice, pampered but lovely" WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I didn't have to go that forum to read this kind of things.................. SORRY!
I read that too. Hello, if anyone is pampered here, it has to be Yuna. She has given 200% to FS and asked for nothing. She never backs down from a challenge, she enters every competition assigned and brings prestige to those events, never makes excuses, never speaks a bad thing about her rival or the judging system which affects her dearly. How many skaters out there who have leave town frequently with the knowledge that she may never see her mother the next day?
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:43 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:

I read that too. Hello, if anyone is pampered here, it has to be Yuna. She has given 200% to FS and asked for nothing. She never backs down from a challenge, she enters every competition assigned and brings prestige to those events, never makes excuses, never speaks a bad thing about her rival or the judging system which affects her dearly. How many skaters out there who have leave town frequently with the knowledge that she may never see her mother the next day?
I wan to  Very Mad  some people  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:54 am

linglang wrote:
Glad to hear from you Abdiel.  I was hoping you were safe from the typhoon. Smile
I'm okay, thank you for your concern, linglang! flower 

pearlyriver wrote:
Regarding Rafa's interview, wasn't he contradicting himself when he said that it's okay for Nathan Chen to leave out the quad because it's just the cherry on the cake but it's not okay when Mao is the only female skater doing the 3A and other skaters should follow her? That's what I understand from his words.
That's what I initially thought too. But I think Nathan's reason for leaving out the quad was more of a health reason more than technical importance. Due to his disorder, he probably wasn't able to train long and properly enough to get a stable 3A and quad so he's using 2A and the rest of the triples for jump elements.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:24 am

Ken Himura wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
Quote :

Same here Bawling Bawling Bawling Bawling 

I remember a TV interview where a fortune teller told to Mao that She will suffer a lot, I was afraid when I heard that, but I've never imagined how much she would suffer. She is a very strong lady, I admire her even more her when I watch her smile now, how can it be? Actually God and her mother´s spirit are with her!
OMG i had no idea about this interview! Creepy and even on tv, no private or something!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 am

Ken Himura wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:

Ken-chaaaan~ lets avoid going to this forum! It just costs our nerves and is not worth it! Faint2 
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:42 am

Haidogirl wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:

Ken-chaaaan~ lets avoid going to this forum! It just costs our nerves and is not worth it! Faint2 
You are right "Haidogirl", I'm so sorry Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:46 pm

Ken Himura wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:

You are right "Haidogirl", I'm so sorry  Embarassed 
*hugs you* Surprised 
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CipMhRWRkyU

This is so cool! Has anyone seen this being driven around in Japan? That is one Big and Bright truck with Mao on it!

I'm loving all the videos that Sumitomo Life Insurance is putting out for Mao this year, they're so supportive! Wub 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 1:17 am

sapphiresky wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CipMhRWRkyU

This is so cool! Has anyone seen this being driven around in Japan? That is one Big and Bright truck with Mao on it!

I'm loving all the videos that Sumitomo Life Insurance is putting out for Mao this year, they're so supportive! Wub 
Love it! I saw this a few days ago already and downloaded it!
Such a great sponsorship! sunny 
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:48 pm

You may already know but apparently Mao won't go to 4CC. For those who can read Japanese (not my case):

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131209-00000031-spnannex-spo
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Iceriver wrote:
You may already know but apparently Mao won't go to 4CC. For those who can read Japanese (not my case):

Thank goodness. She needs a break before the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Iceriver wrote:

This is good so that she can prepare properly for Sochi. The team events are starting before opening ceremonies and 4CC starts so late in January. She also needs to rest so as not to aggravate her back too much.

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:24 pm

roma wrote:
Iceriver wrote:

This is good so that she can prepare properly for Sochi. The team events are starting before opening ceremonies and 4CC starts so late in January. She also needs to rest so as not to aggravate her back too much.

After hearing that Mao has been suffering from back pains since NHK, I am more then just relieved to hear that the JSF allowed her to skip 4CC, so that she can rest a bit, before Nationals and the Olympics begin.

Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:26 pm

An update of Mao's profile and record on her official website:
http://maimao-asada.com/profile-mao/

Should we all feel proud of the strait-#1 standings?....Confetti 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:01 pm

COHK wrote:
An update of Mao's profile and record on her official website:
http://maimao-asada.com/profile-mao/

Should we all feel proud of the strait-#1 standings?....Confetti 
Yes we should...and I can see 2 more #1 standing (not counting the TE) . sunny
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:51 am

Iceriver wrote:

And hopefully, she'll stay away fom cheesfest competitions and SOI as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next