Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!

Go down 
+37
mimmiz
Tripleaxelqueen
PochinkoPotanko
symbolicsmile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
minhoudi
whiteboots2013
BowbowDaijin
kitty
europeanfan
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
kisses
AmazingGraceMao
Iceriver
Abdiel
kawaiimao
chapis
FigureArtist14
let`s talk
ilovethai
silenceisgolden
inskate
ElleluvsL
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
sapphiresky
Ken Himura
Czarace
Haidogirl
shar
Dani-Chan
aoi88
roma
ballerinamao
COHK
linglang
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 am

COHK wrote:
Sharing: Mao's Stsq collection -- thanks to the uploader  Confetti 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npYn0ahAivw

Thank you so much for posting this. Towards the end, I had tears in my eyes, knowing that after this season, we won't see her competing anymore.  Depressed Crying  I may sometimes find her decisions exasperating, especially the ones regarding 3A, but this woman is without a doubt one of the greatest figure skaters in the history of this sport. You won't find anyone like her, for a long time, IMO.

To me the best SP she's ever had is this years Chopin, and the best costume she's ever had is the one she wore in this video for Claire de Lune.  Dance  This costume is so stunning, I wish she'd wore something (gorgeous) like this, this season.

I know majority of you love Mao in white boots, but I really miss her tights over the boots look. Her legs appeared even longer with that style.

pearlyriver wrote:
This is what I don't understand about people dismissing Mao as a one-trick pony or jumping bean. Her stsq at age 15 were miles better than any other senior ladies (Michelle, Sasha, Shizuka). She really elevated step sequence to a next level and made skating on the ice so effortlessly. I can understand people who prefer powerful jumpers like Yuna, but to ignore those qualities in Mao is unbelievable.

They're doing this, because in their mind, complimenting Mao or admiting that she's the best at something, doesn't fit with "Queen Yuna is the best figure skater that has ever walked the Earth and no one comes close to her" narrative. Just look at the likes of Herhs, when he's questioning Mao's marks, due to two footed 3A or TV commenators.  Rolling Eyes  Well she got such high marks, because she's an outstanding skater in other areas. IMO, if Mao is a one trick pony, than so is Yuna with her 3-3. Both of them are great in some area and weak in others.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:48 pm

zarinaballerina : GURL ... you is not the only one who liked the tights over the boots style. I was lovin that style too. It complimented her body line and as you said, made her legs look leaner and longer.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:04 am

http://mao-asada-ouen.jp/eye/07/
Mao's mini blog update: Mao's new year greetings!

With the photo of her poodles: Aero, Komachi, Tiara Smile 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:28 am

COHK wrote:
http://mao-asada-ouen.jp/eye/07/
Mao's mini blog update: Mao's new year greetings!

With the photo of her poodles: Aero, Komachi, Tiara Smile 

Whoa, cuteness overload. Thanks for sharing, COHK Love Hearts 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:26 am

ilovethai wrote:
zarinaballerina : GURL ... you is not the only one who liked the tights over the boots style. I was lovin that style too. It complimented her body line and as you said, made her legs look leaner and longer.

add me to the list of people who really liked the tights over the boots, it really did complement her bodyline and made her legs look even longer, it was especially evident when she did her spirals. speaking of spirals, I really miss Mao's spirals they were the best in business, but unfortunately few really had good and pleasing spirals, so I understand them removing it, but leaving it atleast for the fs would have been nice, because showing three different spirals really demonstrated and showed who was really flexibility, had good balance, and could manage to pull three different spirals with good posture on top of it.

with all the rule changes that are done, I hope that they will re-include the spirals as a requirement element for the fs atleast!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:28 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:18 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

add me to the list of people who really liked the tights over the boots, it really did complement her bodyline and made her legs look even longer, it was especially evident when she did her spirals. speaking of spirals, I really miss Mao's spirals they were the best in business, but unfortunately few really had good and pleasing spirals, so I understand them removing it, but leaving it atleast for the fs would have been nice, because showing three different spirals really demonstrated and showed who was really flexibility, had good balance, and could manage to pull three different spirals with good posture on top of it.

with all the rule changes that are done, I hope that they will re-include the spirals as a requirement element for the fs atleast!

Spiral is still a mandatory element in the FS, you have to execute it during the choreographic sequence. The diference is that you can choose which one you wish to do. You can go with one, which has to last for at least 6 seconds, or two that last 3 seconds each. If I'm not mistaken, it's been awhile since I've read the new rules.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Maybe someone posted this already, but it seems JSF has chosen Mao for SP in the team competition in Sochi Olys according to this article:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140116-00000040-spnannex-spo

It says it hasn't been officially announced but they're pretty sure Mao will skate in SP and Akiko in FP in the team event. I think it kind of shows JSF is worried about Mao's FP layout...Sato has said they're sticking to the two 3A layout so far, but they've made no final decisions on the FP layout yet some days ago. There hasn't been news on actually how Mao is doing right now. I hope she isn't in pain anymore. But the article shar introduced made me feel a bit relaxed.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:57 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Maybe someone posted this already, but it seems JSF has chosen Mao for SP in the team competition in Sochi Olys according to this article:

It says it hasn't been officially announced but they're pretty sure Mao will skate in SP and Akiko in FP in the team event. I think it kind of shows JSF is worried about Mao's FP layout...Sato has said they're sticking to the two 3A layout so far, but they've made no final decisions on the FP layout yet some days ago. There hasn't been news on actually how Mao is doing right now. I hope she isn't in pain anymore. But the article shar introduced made me feel a bit relaxed.  Smile 

I'm guessing the news report on the Jpn representatives for team event had to do with that, Akiko was having an open practice to the media about 2 days ago, and her coach, Mr. Kagakubo, mentioned in his comments that they are trying to figure out how to arrange for Akiko to peak at the right time, as Akiko will skate to free program in team event. The statement kind of indirectly confirm the plan of JSF.

Another interesting news is from here (in French):
http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Amodio-change-de-peau/431900
The news is on Amodio. But it also mentions that his main coach, Shanetta Folle, is not accompany him to European Championship at the moment. It is reported that Folle is in Japan now, and most likely, working with Mao. If that's the case, team Mao must be working on something with her FP. Hopefully they will work on the fine tuning of the Rach program (finger crossed!!!)
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:07 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

Spiral is still a mandatory element in the FS, you have to execute it during the choreographic sequence. The diference is that you can choose which one you wish to do. You can go with one, which has to last for at least 6 seconds, or two that last 3 seconds each. If I'm not mistaken, it's been awhile since I've read the new rules.  Embarassed 

I don't like the new rule. The spiral lasts so short that I don't have time to apreciate a skater's flexiblity. I want to see Julia hold her spiral longer  Embarassed . I officially became Mao fan when I saw her do a spiral in the FS at Vancouver.

Last edited by pearlyriver on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:30 pm

I feel like.... This year's Olympics is a tough tough pool. I can already think of more than 5 major skaters vying for those top 3 spots.

Mao Asada
Kim Yu-na
Carolina Kostner
Akiko Suzuki
Kanako Murakami
Ashley Wagner
Gracie Gold
Polina Edmunds
Adelina Sotnikova
Julia Lipnitskaia
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:44 pm

inskate wrote:
linglang wrote:

By the way, I remember watching a Lotte's TV commercial featuring Shizuka, Fumie and Miki during the 2005 nationals broadcast. IIRC, it was put on the air even before the nationals. I joked to my husband because of this TV commercial Miki was chosen over Yukari.  If Yukari was chosen, JSF had to ask Lotte to rework the video.  Too sweet!  

Lotte had no reason to worry - the qualifying system used by JSF in 2006 guaranteed that Miki would be on the team, regardless of the results of the Nationals. Sadly for Yukari, there was no mathematical possibility for her to qualify. Her results in 2005-06 season were good, but she could not overcome the amount of points that Miki, Fumie, Shizuka & Yoshie accumulated over the 3 seasons preceeding the Olympics.

IIRC, the ranking was:
1. Miki
2. Fumie (or was she 1st thanks to her Nationals win..? My memory is foggy.)
3. Shizuka
4. Yoshie
5. Yukari

There was a similar situation in men: while the "battle" for the single spot was strongly hyped by the media, even if Daisuke was 2nd or 3rd at Nats, he would still have a point lead.

Quote :
I'm looking for an NHK documentary clip on Shizuka which was broadcasted after she won OGM in 2006. I want to watch it again, especially about the part on the edge change of spin.

That was an interesting documentary. I had it saved, but my HDD crashed. Unconscious I'll see if I can find it on one of my DVDs...

Sorry for very, very late reply.  Thank you inskate for clarification as always.
I wish I could see the video again.  Indeed it's an very interesting one because I think the documentary was made after she won OGM as opposite to other Olympian documentaries that NHK usually make before the games.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 pm

COHK wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I'm guessing the news report on the Jpn representatives for team event had to do with that, Akiko was having an open practice to the media about 2 days ago, and her coach, Mr. Kagakubo, mentioned in his comments that they are trying to figure out how to arrange for Akiko to peak at the right time, as Akiko will skate to free program in team event. The statement kind of indirectly confirm the plan of JSF.

Another interesting news is from here (in French):
http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artistique/Actualites/Amodio-change-de-peau/431900
The news is on Amodio. But it also mentions that his main coach, Shanetta Folle, is not accompany him to European Championship at the moment. It is reported that Folle is in Japan now, and most likely, working with Mao. If that's the case, team Mao must be working on something with her FP. Hopefully they will work on the fine tuning of the Rach program (finger crossed!!!)

Thanks for the news!

I'm happy to hear that Shanetta Folle is staying with Mao to help her FP. (While I'm sorry for Amodio that he has to compete European without his coach.)  I think Shanetta did great job four years ago when she helped Mao to polish her programs before the Vancouver games, especially with Masquerade SP.  So, I feel her assistance will give them momentum for heading for success.

I'm also relieved that Mao and Akiko are already aware which part of team event they have to take part.  I know it must be a difficult task for the coaches and trainers to manage peaking two times in such a short period of time.  I really hope they will manage it properly.

Narumi & Ryuichi will compete at Sochi replacing an Estonian pair who gave up Olympic spot due to citizenship problem. I heard it before that when Narumi and Ryuichi were out, there was a low chance for Japanese team to move on to FS.  So, selfish me thought if Mao was chosen to skate FS, she might be able to avoid peaking two times at Olympics.   Sweatdrop  Does anyone know about team event rules and proceedings in details?  I think I'm still confused about this game.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 pm

linglang wrote:

Narumi & Ryuichi will compete at Sochi replacing an Estonian pair who gave up Olympic spot due to citizenship problem. I heard it before that when Narumi and Ryuichi were out, there was a low chance for Japanese team to move on to FS.  So, selfish me thought if Mao was chosen to skate FS, she might be able to avoid peaking two times at Olympics.   Sweatdrop  Does anyone know about team event rules and proceedings in details?  I think I'm still confused about this game.

The team event goes roughly like this:

-Starting with teams from 10 countries
- Skating order:
(Feb 6) Men's SP, Pairs' SP
(Feb. Cool Dance SD, ladies' SP --> after all the short programs, the first 5 countries with the highest cumulative scores will move on to the FS part.
(Feb 8, cont.) Pairs' FS
(Feb 9) Men's FS, ladies' FS, finally, Dance FD to decide the winners.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

COHK wrote:
linglang wrote:

- Skating order:
(Feb. Cool Dance SD, ladies' SP --> after all the short programs, the first 5 countries with the highest cumulative scores will move on to the FS part.
(Feb 8, cont.) Pairs' FS

Thanks COHK!!

So with Narumi & Ryuichi in, Akiko's chance of skating FS has increased.  I wonder who will skater Men's SP and FS.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:17 am

COHK wrote:

- Skating order:
(Feb 8, cont.) Pairs' FS

I thought the first 6 coutries move to FS?  scratch 

linglang wrote:
So with Narumi & Ryuichi in, Akiko's chance of skating FS has increased.  I wonder who will skater Men's SP and FS.

Narumi and Ryuichi were going to Sochi regardless of them missing the Oly's spot for their discipline. Japan had three disciplines qualified so they were allowed to bring the 4th disicpline to compete in the team event. The same happened with Great Britain, they had three disciplines qualified but no men, so they're allowed to bring a men skater for the team event, however he can't skate at the men's event later on.

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I feel like.... This year's Olympics is a tough tough pool. I can already think of more than 5 major skaters vying for those top 3 spots.

Mao Asada
Kim Yu-na
Carolina Kostner
Akiko Suzuki
Kanako Murakami
Ashley Wagner
Gracie Gold
Polina Edmunds
Adelina Sotnikova
Julia Lipnitskaia

I agree with your list, except for Polina. No way is she getting anywhere near th podium, her skating is still very much juniorish. She is going to be burried in PCS.

Though IMO, if everything will go accroding to plan the fight for bronze will be between Julia and Caro.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
COHK wrote:

- Skating order:
(Feb 8, cont.) Pairs' FS

I thought the first 6 coutries move to FS?  scratch 

linglang wrote:

Narumi and Ryuichi were going to Sochi regardless of them missing the Oly's spot for their discipline. Japan had three disciplines qualified so they were allowed to bring the 4th disicpline to compete in the team event. The same happened with Great Britain, they had three disciplines qualified but no men, so they're allowed to bring a men skater for the team event, however he can't skate at the men's event later on.

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Mao Asada
Kim Yu-na
Carolina Kostner
Akiko Suzuki
Kanako Murakami
Ashley Wagner
Gracie Gold
Polina Edmunds
Adelina Sotnikova
Julia Lipnitskaia

I agree with your list, except for Polina. No way is she getting anywhere near th podium, her skating is still very much juniorish. She is going to be burried in PCS.

Though IMO, if everything will go accroding to plan the fight for bronze will be between Julia and Caro.

Wow! You're so confident with your prediction. To be honest, I'm really scared of making predictions because of Mao. (sigh) It would be nice if someone else got Olympic Gold Medal because it is a dream, and every time I think of this, it makes me feel sad because that's a sad part of how the world is. Some people get more while others get less. Although I don't want to pity, I hope, and I hope for Mao at the moment.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:05 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Wow! You're so confident with your prediction. To be honest, I'm really scared of making predictions because of Mao. (sigh) It would be nice if someone else got Olympic Gold Medal because it is a dream, and every time I think of this, it makes me feel sad because that's a sad part of how the world is. Some people get more while others get less. Although I don't want to pity, I hope, and I hope for Mao at the moment.

Not at all. No  This is why I said if evertyhing goes according to plan. The way Mao has been skating so far, I think the judges kind of saw her and Yuna to battle for gold and others for bronze. Of course this was in the fall, now is now.
My hope for Oly podium is:
1. Mao Worship  Worship  Worship 
2. Yuna
3. Julia/Caro

As for Julia, while I'm not a fan of hers (far too much gymnastics, tiny jumps...) she is insanely consistent, and a Russian. We all know, russians will be held up, so expect scores like she got at CoR, even better if she's clean. So I have her in third place with Caro having to be brilliant if she wants the medal. Providing that Mao and Yuna go clean.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Not at all. No  This is why I said if evertyhing goes according to plan. The way Mao has been skating so far, I think the judges kind of saw her and Yuna to battle for gold and others for bronze. Of course this was in the fall, now is now.
My hope for Oly podium is:
1. Mao Worship  Worship  Worship 
2. Yuna
3. Julia/Caro

As for Julia, while I'm not a fan of hers (far too much gymnastics, tiny jumps...) she is insanely consistent, and a Russian. We all know, russians will be held up, so expect scores like she got at CoR, even better if she's clean. So I have her in third place with Caro having to be brilliant if she wants the medal. Providing that Mao and Yuna go clean.

Aaahhh I see. Same here, I know Mao wants to skate clean and show the best that she can do. She said once that she just wants her best performances in the Olympics, leaving a good impression (in my opinion, the best from Mao is GREAT) to the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:19 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Aaahhh I see. Same here, I know Mao wants to skate clean and show the best that she can do. She said once that she just wants her best performances in the Olympics, leaving a good impression (in my opinion, the best from Mao is GREAT) to the rest of the world.

IMHO, the best from Mao is unbeatable. It's why I hope she will bring her very best. If she delivers, Yuna can't touch her. That's a big IF. But like I said in the fall, if anyone can do it, it's super human Mao.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:51 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
linglang wrote:

Thank you zarina for clarification!! I thought Japan had no pair participating in the team event. So, they were able to compete at Sochi even when they didn't win the individual event spot anyway.  It's good that athletes' chances are bigger when the field is shallow in their countries.  I wish the rule allowed to have different skaters to take part in the team and individual events so that in the case of Japan, Taka and Nobu could've been able to skate at Sochi for the team event.  cat
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:33 am

linglang wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
linglang wrote:

Thank you zarina for clarification!! I thought Japan had no pair participating in the team event. So, they were able to compete at Sochi even when they didn't win the individual event spot anyway.  It's good that athletes' chances are bigger when the field is shallow in their countries.  I wish the rule allowed to have different skaters to take part in the team and individual events so that in the case of Japan, Taka and Nobu could've been able to skate at Sochi for the team event.  cat

I feel the same. Not only for Taka and Nobu's sake, but for all the skaters who'll be competing individually too. This is the first time they'll be having the team event, so nobody can tell how that'll effect the skaters entering. I assume they will be having the team event after all the individual events are over, so some of them will have to perform in the team event as reigning Olys champ or medalist of any color. Such skaters may feel they must do extremely well in the team event because of that, and I think that would be quite difficult. We've never seen a case in which skaters entered a competition performing both SP & FP, than performing one of them again within a few days. Even if they're physically  all right, they should be worn out mentally to some extent after the individual events for sure. I honestly admit that I'm relieved Korea won't be participating in the team event, cause if Mao manages to win OGM in ladies singles but Yuna ends up doing better than her in the team event, we'll be having her majesty's bots claiming Yuna is a better skater after all blah blah blah... Sad 

I hope all skaters entering the team event can relax a bit and have room to enjoy it like the usual WTT. Btw, maybe someone already posted, but the men for team Jpn seems to be Yuzu=SP Machida=FP. I think it's a wise decision. Yuzu has stamina issues with his FP, and Dai should take it easy with his injury. JSF and Jpnse fans definitely want Dai in Worlds, so they can't risk overworking him.

zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

IMHO, the best from Mao is unbeatable. It's why I hope she will bring her very best. If she delivers, Yuna can't touch her. That's a big IF. But like I said in the fall, if anyone can do it, it's super human Mao.

ITA. If Mao skates perfectly clean, I'm also quite certain ISU is totally up to giving her OGM this time. But of course, skating perfectly clean in Olys is probably the most difficult challenge for a skater. Some of the obvious best of ladies weren't able to accomplish that and never won OGM; Michelle, Sasha, Irina...I can only hope Mao will not become one of them. But I've decided to believe she can manage. She's much stronger mentally not only as a skater but as a person too compared to how she was 4 years ago, and imo when it comes to Olys strong mentality is what you need the most to win. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:02 am

Pochi, team event is BEFORE the singles events. It actually starts one day before the opening ceremony.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:35 am

Thanks Pochi for the info on JPN men team event.

As zarina mentioned the team event takes place before the individual one, and even before the opening ceremony is LOL. Still as you say no one can tell how it will effect on skaters.  I feel relieved to know that Yuzu will skate SF because his SP is recycle from last season and it looks he's rock solid with it, and probably he can skate it as a run-through for his SP at individual event, like Taka did when he had to skate for qualification at worlds 2011.  (Selfish me still think the JPN team will be dropped out of top 5 (or 6?) at SP.  Fried )

I really hope Mao will deliver a great SP in the team event and gain momentum for the individual game.  I just hope everything will go smoothly for her.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:03 am

linglang wrote:
 (Selfish me still think the JPN team will be dropped out of top 5 (or 6?) at SP.  Fried )

Actually, you might be right with this. The team event isn't a WTT format, so Japan is weak. Their Ice dancers aren't top dancers and I'm sorry to sy this, but Narumi/Ryuichi are not good. I think the only couple worse then them competing at team event, is British Kemp/King. So they can easily find themselves out of top 6 (I think it's top 6  scratch ).

IMO, after the SP top 6 might very well be (in random order):
Russia,
USA,
Canada,
France,
Italy, (weak in men, but everyone else is good)
China (weak Ice dance, but everyone else is good).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next