Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Figure Skating Championships 2014

Go down 
+43
silenceisgolden
ElleluvsL
polosatik
europeanfan
W0rldTrav3l3r
kazekamihiko
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
MyMao
Batsuchan
Tripleaxelqueen
sapphiresky
Lelya
Lady_in_black
Afsfan
rachmaninoffangel
tigster
Hotaru
Haidogirl
breynows
Samurai Mao
FigureArtist14
itsonlykat
Mao_Asada_sunrise
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Otchoto de mus :3
chapis
illani
zarinaballerina
klarification
BounceAround
Iceriver
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
ballerinamao
shar
roma
emory903
linglang
COHK
let`s talk
jimmyshum_999
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 am

klarification wrote:
I did not respond because I thought it was obvious I am on the side that Yuna shouldn't be 'given back' the gold. I said people think Yuna should be given the gold, but what needs to be done is an examination of the system. I'm sorry if this is a case of poor english on my part because I don't know how to make my statement any clearer.

And it doesn't matter what my opinions are because they are mine and mine alone so it shouldn't change yours or anyone else's.  Wink 
They are not "yours" when you speak for "people". I told you already- do not speak for us. Speak for yourself. Say "I think". Or at least "Some people think". That is easy. But you keep trolling the board by displaying your arrogance.  Bad idea! 
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 am

let`s talk wrote:
klarification wrote:
I did not respond because I thought it was obvious I am on the side that Yuna shouldn't be 'given back' the gold. I said people think Yuna should be given the gold, but what needs to be done is an examination of the system. I'm sorry if this is a case of poor english on my part because I don't know how to make my statement any clearer.

And it doesn't matter what my opinions are because they are mine and mine alone so it shouldn't change yours or anyone else's.  Wink 
They are not "yours" when you speak for "people". I told you already- do not speak for us. Speak for yourself. Say "I think". Or at least "Some people think". That is easy. But you keep trolling the board by displaying your arrogance.  Bad idea!   

Okay.
I think.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:51 am

Rose wrote:
Also, there is very condescending tone just like the emoticons of the winking back you use for me and back then for let's talk.
I agree such tone is rude and shouldn't be used by any member to anyone.  Disappointed 

I also agree with everything you said regarding pushing the sport by Yuna- none. The reasons you described perfectly and I have nothing to add. Actually I guess the last major push in Ladies took place in 90s, when after Witt won Olympics-88 with two triples, a decade later ladies had to perform all set of triples (except 3A) to podium, including 3-3, even 3-3-3, long before Yuna. The latest major push I consider took place just recently, when Mao finally could make her dream come true and performed LP with 8 triples, including 3A. She basicallly made ladies LP of Men's level-like (at least junior). And now somebody's already talking about quad. Why not. Afterall ladies wear the same boots and they are usually lighter. Not that I am much for a quad in ladies. But when Mao started landing 3A years back, it was really something new. In short- I think it's the second major push in modern ladies fs, and in both Yuna has nothing to do with that.
You go, girls!  Encore
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:36 am

Ok, peace Smile we are all fans of Mao here, the rest doesn"t matter Smile

Here is the video of the free skate from CBC

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l6iuh_mao-asada-wc-2014-fs_sport

again, sorry for the quality

i'm soon gonna upload the video and comments from the french CBC people of mao's LP in sochi, with the translation, they were both really touched and I think it's really worth seing it Smile it's one of my favorits; you can really feel their emotion
Back to top Go down
W0rldTrav3l3r

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:51 am

Thx Otchoto!

By the way, does anyone know if a record of the complete gala is available Teton YouTube?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:59 am

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:
Ok, peace :)we are all fans of Mao here, the rest doesn"t matter Smile

Here is the video of the free skate from CBC

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l6iuh_mao-asada-wc-2014-fs_sport

again, sorry for the quality

i'm soon gonna upload the video and comments from the french CBC people of mao's LP in sochi, with the translation, they were both really touched and I think it's really worth seing it :)it's one of my favorits; you can really feel their emotion

No, don't worry. Thank you for uploading! I love hearing praises for Mao by these commentators over and over again.  Yep! 

W0rldTrav3l3r wrote:
Thx Otchoto!

By the way, does anyone know if a record of the complete gala is available Teton YouTube?

Cheers!

If you want a full stream, I am afraid I can't provide anything but this channel uploaded most of the programs including the exhibition numbers:

Quote :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe41dKbv9IAgnFJybCzArMDYQxI6xb-G4
Back to top Go down
W0rldTrav3l3r

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Thx a lot klarification Smile!
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kubjp_140331-%E3%82%81%E3%81%96%E3%81%BE%E3%81%97-%E9%81%B8%E6%89%8B%E7%94%9F%E5%87%BA%E6%BC%94_sport

Group interview the morning after...love group interviews..
cute moment of Mao around 17:30, no idea what's being ask though
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Dumb question, but does this board have an ignore button?
Back to top Go down
Rose

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Thank you for photo and videos.

emory903 wrote:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kubjp_140331-%E3%82%81%E3%81%96%E3%81%BE%E3%81%97-%E9%81%B8%E6%89%8B%E7%94%9F%E5%87%BA%E6%BC%94_sport

Group interview the morning after...love group interviews..
cute moment of Mao around 17:30, no idea what's being ask though

I try to listen but I only anderstand or hear Machida? I think. Maybe Japanese members can tell what was funny. I did not watch whole video but beginning of video where they show Akiko's age, I was very suprised because I only think maybe she is younger than Carolina around 25-26 years old. I think Asian girls look much younger than their age I want to know secret.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:
Mao SP WC 2014 on CBC

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l5341_mao-asada-sp-w-2014_sport

I will upload the FS soon Smile

Sorry for the bad quality :p

Thank you!  for the videos Otchoto. I just noticed after watching this clip, how the CBC commentators mentioned during the 2007 worlds, Yuna broke the SP record and Mao broke the LP record (how come everyone made a big deal of Yuna's record, but swept Mao's under the table), yet Miki beat them both. And then all three proceeded to win the next 5 worlds (with the exception of Caro in 2012) between them to have 2 wins each...and Mao just broke that tie with her 3rd win. Impressive, isn't it.

Last edited by shar on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
Dumb question, but does this board have an ignore button?

There isn't, but perhaps we can ask the admins to implement a Friends & Foes management. With that, the post of the person under 'Foe' will not be visible (Unless quoted, but that can't be helped.).

For the meantime, we can only rely on mental ignore buttons.  

---

Also, closing the thread since Worlds has already concluded. All other Mao news should go the Mao chat. Thanks everyone, it's been a blast!   cheers Rockstar Dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2014
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22