Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?

Go down 
+5
helen91
inskate
summervie
Oscilla
sunshine
9 posters

Which Mao LP performance from this season did you like the best?
Skate Canada
Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_lcap15%Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
TEB
Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_lcap2%Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Grand Prix Final
Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_lcap22%Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 12 ]
Japanese Nationals
Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_lcap5%Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
4CC
Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_lcap24%Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 13 ]
Worlds
Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_lcap27%Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 15 ]
Japan Open (4/30/08)
Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_lcap5%Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 55

AuthorMessage
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Empty
PostSubject: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:44 pm

I liked the Skate Canada the best followed by GPF and 4CC. In Canada, I really loved the original choreos, musicality, subtle nuances, and lightness. The elegance of the ending of the program was unforgettable. I also loved the white, light, fluffy costume. It was very classy. I feel that it gave some peaceful, harmonious taste to this delicate piano music. Artistically speaking, Skate Canada was the very best to me.

GPF performance was very moving. It was such a gutsy performance and I especially loved to watch it with Tarasova commentary. I really loved it.

I also liked the 4CC with a very clean, high 3A and the new gorgeous dress. I don't know if it is because of the camera angle, the new dress that added deeper, more passionate taste to it, or her improvement, but steps looked so much more gorgeous there than before (the steps at Worlds also looked absolutely fantastic). I also liked the finishing pose.

I also tentatively vote for the Japan Open in which I hope that she would land the 3A:)
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:11 am

I haven't voted yet, I'll wait until after Japan Open. flower

But, so far, it would be really difficult to choose just one favourite performance... Nearly every one of them had something that I enjoyed.

Skate Canada - without difficult jumps, Mao could concentrate really well on the choreo and the quality of performance. There were a few nuances that sadly were later gone to make space for jumps and spins. Also the spins layout was lovely. I loved camel into donut to start, and that lovely combo when she tilted her head and brought hand to her face while in Y position. Sadly, this spins layout was not "difficult" enough according to CoP and was later changed. Depressed Crying

Grand Prix Final - This should have beaten the World record, Mao was so underscored on PCS. I couldn't believe seeing 3A and two 3-3 in the same performance. The choreography also was also executed very well. The only downside were the ever-so-slightly doublefooted jumps and stumble on the final spin.

4CC - Gorgeous 3A! The quality of jumps improved as well. Sadly, with greater attention paid to the quality of jumps the choreography starts to look to crowded. There are a few moments when it looks like Mao simply has to rush to finish every element, like not having time to add this lovely back arch just before the step sequence, or rushed final spin and 2A. This is not Mao's fault, I think the choreography starts to be a bit too much. The program was, after all, choreographed with the intent of using one 3-3 and the original spin layout. It's because of CoP that the program had to be changed and ended up being too busy.

Worlds - despite the fall, I love to watch this performance because of incredible comeback, quality jumps (3F-3T was sooo huge!) and to hear the commentators gushing. I absolutely love the dress! And changing the sequence of CCoSp and 2A at the very end allowed Mao to pay more attention to the spin.

So if I was to "combine" my favourite LP performance, it would consist of the spins layout and choreo from SC, the gutsyness from GPF, the 3A from 4CC (or Worlds warm-up!) and the jump quality from Worlds, and would be skated in the Worlds dress. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:34 am

Actually, as I said somewhere on the Golden Skate forums a couple of weeks ago, I consider Mao's LP at this Worlds to be one of the greatest skates in the history of this sport. No less than. (And I am kinda unsure what smile should I put here, "worship" seems to me quite unoriginal. -)
They were all great, but in terms of the real greatness (whatever this means) for me there's only one choice.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:53 am

I love all of them I love you

I agree with summervie, though - the Worlds perfrmance was special. Cloud 9

I will wait with voting for after Japan Open, though! Smile
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:54 am

no matter what i love all of mao's programs, but my favourite would have to be the one at the grand prix final but i also love her 4CC and worlds!
Back to top Go down
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 10:55 am

I voted for GPF, 4CC, and worlds.
Funny some already voted for Japan Open lol!
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:35 am

For me, I liked them all!! cheers cheers
But my favorites were GPF, 4CC and world!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:11 pm

I loved the 3A at Japan Open. It was even easier than the one at 4CC. Good for you Mao.
Back to top Go down
getmewild

getmewild

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:29 pm

the worlds!

That shows what a skater should be! SHe also proved her great compsure...

Speaking of Mao's Composure please watch this montage of her (LOL)

Mao Asada Composure Improvement.... (2005 - 2008)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FidUBAyy4Y4
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.blogspot.com
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:38 am

Nice video getmewild! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?   Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Mao LP performance did you like the best this season?
Page 1 of 1