Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds   Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:32 pm

When I was watching 4CC and Worlds, I had an impression that her take-off became more powerful than before, obviously compared to those at her younger ages, but also compared to her GPF. Mao's take-off used to be really light and easy when she was little. But now it looks closer to men's take-off in terms of the force and powerfulness. I also feel that she remains on that outside edge a bit longer than before until it becomes really deep. I also had an impression that she takes off more straight on the curve with less pre-rotation on her take-off edge. I couldn't tell if she gets more height or rotates faster than before.

These are just my impressions. What would you think? Have you yourself noticed any changes?
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds   Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:51 pm

I definitely noticed changes in Mao's jump technique, not only on 3A but on all jumps, particularly 3F-3T and 3F-3L. The jumps are more powerful now and get more height.

I was really impressed by Mao's 3F-3T at Worlds, initially I thought that this combo would be difficult for her to master. While the loop combos are extremely difficult because they require perfect timing and edge control (which Mao has), the toe combos might be also tricky because of the need to keep the edge steady, maintain the speed and re-power the jump using a somewhat different set of muscles than in the loop combo. One needs to have strong muscles to achieve that, and because Mao hadn't been jumping toe-loops for a long time, and also grew recently (therefore needing more muscle power to launch the jumps) I was a bit worried.

It seems that Mao overcame he difficulties splendidly, though! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds   Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:19 am

I agree with you, Mao's jumps definitely look better and higher! flower

I'm actually having a Mao wirthdrawal. I would love to see some new clips... But it's important to rest as well, so we just have to be patient! Yep!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds   Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's 3A at 4CC and Worlds
Page 1 of 1