Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeff Buttle retires!!!

Go down 
+5
bibi
inskate
Okami
coconut
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Jeff Buttle retires!!! Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 am

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2008/09/10/figure-skating-buttleretire.html

Quote :
Reigning world champion Jeff Buttle is retiring from figure skating, saying that he's satisfied with everything he has accomplished in his career.

Buttle started considering his options following his world championship victory in the spring.

"After a few months, and after I recovered from the high, I decided to look at everything I've accomplished," Buttle told reporters at a Toronto hotel on Wednesday. "And coming to this decision, I had to make sure that I was proud and satisfied with everything that I've done. At that point, I was sure."

I couldn't believe it when I saw the news. I still can't believe it. Bawling Is it 1st April today?
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 am

z4mboni wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2008/09/10/figure-skating-buttleretire.html

I couldn't believe it when I saw the news. I still can't believe it. Bawling Is it 1st April today?

I was so shocked when i saw this too! Its so sad because I thought I could see him on 2010 olympics!!! Crying or Very sad

Last edited by coconut on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:38 am

I'm shocked. He looked in amazing condition during the summer shows, and I was looking forward to his competetive programs so much... Depressed Crying

I'll miss him so much. He and Nobu are my favourite competetive skaters. Depressed Crying

I wish him the best of luck in the future. I hope he'll have lots of fun finishing his degree and skating in shows. He's an amazing show skater! Worship

But still, I feel so sad to know he won't be there at Vancouver Olympics in his home country... Snow
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:45 am

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Bawling Bawling Bawling

That came so out of the blue I can't believe it! He looked in such a great form recently... His performance with Mao was so amazing... And his new programs were already prepared...

I wonder if it's about the increased value for quads rule... Maybe he injured himself again while trying to get a quad..? And then decided that it is better to retire on a high note than have less than satisfactory season... Depressed Crying

His skating was so much more than the quad... A true complete package. I'll miss him so much. Bawling
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:14 am

One more article:
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=6ce61935-e8f8-44cc-a203-1fa85f79e1b5

Quote :
Buttle said he was ready to retire after the world championship in Sweden, but gave himself the spring and summer to train his new programs and still live with his decision.
"I had to make sure I was satisfied and proud of everything I had done."
Quote :
Buttle said he plans to perform in ice shows and there is a good chance he will maintain a working relationship with Skate Canada.

"I can still celebrate the Olympics here in Vancouver. It'll be in a different role. That's why I will stay involved."

I'm still shocked, but at least glad that he will still continue to be involved in the sport. I look forward to his performances at shows! Worship
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh My goD!! What a shock! Well, that's maybe better for him. But I was looking forward to the Vancouver Olympics for him, but in two months, I was expecting to see him at Skate Canada! Well, can't wai to see him back on shows! You did a great job Jeff!!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:05 pm

This is really sad. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Erika

Erika

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:06 pm

I screamed NO! Faint2
I heard this news in 2 a.m. in JP and I could not sleep till the morning comes.
so sad.. I watched his LP in Gotheborg and couldn't stop crying this morning. I miss you Jeff.. Bawling Bawling Bawling

But I want to say thank you Jeff!
All the Japanese figure skating fans love you forever!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:12 am

I read the news yesterday and I was just shocked. Only a few days ago I read an article saying that she was practicing hard for the new season; and working on the new programs... No

I wish him a lot of luck. I'm sure he'll be a great pro skater. I hope he'll start working as a choreographer. He has a lot of talent.

Good luck, Jeff! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:42 pm

You can watch the interview with Jeff and the press release here:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/player/?maven_playerId=figureskating&maven_referralPlaylistId=93ea8f8b4a14270a320c5f481f960f671c0d562e&maven_referralObject=850942852
(You can also rewatch some of the performances from the World Championships 2008!)

I loved the part about the importance of being an all-round skater. Yep!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:15 pm

This shocked me alot too. I was hoping that he'll stay around until Vancouver, but it's his decision, and he has done so much for the sport.

I'm sure skating fans recognize his achievements, and I sincerely wish him the best. cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Buttle retires!!!   Jeff Buttle retires!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Buttle retires!!!
Page 1 of 1