Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!

Go down 
+6
coconut
bibi
clovera
Okami
polosatik
SoMiTripleAxel
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Empty
PostSubject: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 am

Sad news: Arrow http://daisuke-takahashi.megabb.com/news-and-topics-about-daisuke-f2/update-on-daisuke-s-injury-t545.htm#4831

This seriously ruined my day. I wish I could just give him a biiiig hug right now. Well, he will get good treatment, I know, so don't worry.

Go Dai-chan! You are the BEST, and we know it! We will always love you.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 am

Bawling Bawling Bawling Ohhh nooo!!!!!! I can't believe in it! Wish him a speed recovery Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Oh, no. Sad What sad news indeed! I just hope he recovers eventually. It would be just too sad that if such a talented athlete would be forced to retire without an Olympic medal... Depressed Crying

I wish you a speedy recovery, Dai-chan! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Oh no... No

Another one of my favorite skaters not going to compete this year. Just sad, sad news. I just hope the injury is not something that can permanently damage his status as a top competitor (like how Yukina Ota's injury and concurrent condition affected her jump ability Depressed Crying) and when he does return in the Olympic year, he is healthy and can still do the wonderful jumps, spins, and steps like we have seen from him before.

The other bad part about this is that with Dai out, the Japanese media will now singularly go berserk with the spotlight on Takahiko who has proven this year that he is a top contender in the men's event (Nobu is still largely ignored, what a surprise Disappointed).

I don't really wish for a speedy recovery to Dai, but a FULL and healthy one for him! My very best wishes to him, and I hope this injury won't take away his motivation from competitive skating. Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Oh... such a sad news, but I think it's the best decision if he wants to be strong for next year, the olympic season. I hope he'll be fine! I'm with you Daisuke!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 pm

I am really hoping he would be able to skate next season!!!
wish him the fast recovery!!!!!!!! cat Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
Caliblue

Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Dai updated his blog:
http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/

He's being very brave. Here's a summary:

I decided to undergo surgery because I don't want to compete under the shadow of this injury recurring. I have already started my physical therapy that takes me from 9am to 6pm.

I would be lying if i said I was not worried, but it's up to me to prove that this is the right decision. This means that I will not be competing this season.

I have a long recovery process ahead of me, but this may be another challenge I have to go through in order to win at the Olympics. I have to accept what I cannot change, but I must change what I can. With this learning experience under my belt, i hope to come back stronger than ever as a skater, a man, and a person. Rather than getting depressed, I would like to save explosive energy in my reservoir so that I will be able to give performances that deserve your applause.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:46 am

Thank you for the translation, Caliblue!

What sad news to wake up to... If Dai-chan misses the entire season, he won't even be eligible for the GP series next season, no? Sad So his only competition before Olympics could be NHK (invited by host nation) and Nationals..? He could be sent to "B" internationals competitions, but most of them are very early in the season, so I wonder if he'll be ready... Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:21 am

What about 4CC?
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:18 am

SoMiTripleAxel wrote:
What about 4CC?

This season it's probably impossible, either... The 4CC team in nominated basing on the results at Nationals... Both the Worlds and the 4CC team is named at the last day of Nationals, IIRC. Nobunari was in the same boat a year ago. Sad
Not to mention it looks like Daisuke will not be in good enough condition to compete. From what I've read on FSU/Daisuke's forum, after the surgery it might take as long as 6 months before Dai-chan will be able to compete. Sad Some quotes:

FSU wrote:
According to Yomiuri Shimbun on Nov. 18, they haven't yet decided when he'll have the surgery. After the surgery, he'll presumably need a few months until he can practice on-ice and he may require six months or so to fully recover, which depends on how he'll undergo rehab.

Daisuke forum wrote:
Takahashi hurt his right knee during practice on 31th last month. He was diagnosed as "ACL injury" and "inside meniscus injury" upon complete examination on 14th. It is observed he is tring to move on thorough his comment "this may be a trial to fight it out at Olympics." announced by JSF. His relevant person said "It will take 2 weeks to bring the swelling down and then he will have a surgery. Hopefully it will be in this month or at the beginning of next month."
Nobuhiko Yoshioka, JFS's manager of figure skating, said "Generally speaking, after having the surgery it will take 2-3 months to come back on the ice. And it will take 2-3 months more then to compete. I think he will make it in time when each competitor start to work with his new programs next summer. "
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:15 am

What a bummer. Sad It's sad to see a talented skater missing an entire season because of injury. I hope he'll recover in time for Olympics.
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:27 am

The saddest thing in all this is that Daisuke (apparently, my favourite "other skater") still doesn't have the Worlds title in his possession. Olympic season or not, this pause undoubtly will have an impact on his chances for the title. Whatever your ambitions are, the Worlds gold - this is already something. Not the highest height, but still, a cornerstone of some sort, which devides on "before" and "after", which brings to a skater some inner tranquility (hello, Miki!), or even a feeling of accomplishment (hi, Jeff!). "You can't be late for a train anymore. From now on, you *are* a train!"
So, Daisuke lost his last chance to gain the gold which he could have used later to ransom himself from at least some pressure of the Olympics. And what is for sure, he looses some *very* valuable time. Sad, Lonely
Still, nothing happens out of nothing, and this story for certain will have its moral in the end. ...Ganbatte, Dai-san! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!   Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daisuke out for the whole season! OMG!!!
Page 1 of 1