Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's strategy going forward?

Go down 
+24
zooma
chineseteacup
chapis
ddmm
sky
snowdrops24
Mia
itcaip
Star85
bleedingblades3
Oscilla
Mirai
cera
bibi
MissAero
Admin
inskate
chiyori
kawaiimao
clovera
Okami
polosatik
SoMiTripleAxel
Batsuchan
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:38 am

zooma wrote:
I don't think Saint-Saens's "Swan" is a good choice. Her SP's of the last two seasons are same kinds of music (graceful and lyrical style) and they didn't work for her. She needs something more cheerful and invigorating. Id like to see a tango piece.

I think her "Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra" SP was fantastic when she did it at Worlds Love Hearts, but I agree that "Clair de Lune" might have been a little too soft/calm, especially compared to Yu-Na's "Danse Macabre."

I agree with Okami that "The Swan" might be a bit over-used, and it is kind of slow. I'd prefer something more like "Nocturne" or "Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra." The tango might work well too. Yep!

Speaking of which, this is random, but Mao's tango, "Por Una Cabeza," was composed by Carlos Gardel, who is from Argentina, which is where I am currently! In Buenos Aires, home of the tango! flower

And then I was thinking about it - two years ago, Mao's EX was "Habanera" from "Carmen" - a French opera - and I went to Paris. And then last year Mao's EX was "So deep is the night," which was in English and sung by Lesley Garrett, a British singer, and I went to London! So clearly my travel spots and Mao´s EX songs are connected, don't you think? Too sweet! Maybe if she does a Japanese song next year I'll be able to go to Tokyo agan! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:00 am

Quote :
who is from Argentina, which is where I am currently! In Buenos Aires, home of the tango!
Oh! So lucky, have a wonderful time!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

And then I was thinking about it - two years ago, Mao's EX was "Habanera" from "Carmen" - a French opera - and I went to Paris. And then last year Mao's EX was "So deep is the night," which was in English and sung by Lesley Garrett, a British singer, and I went to London! So clearly my travel spots and Mao´s EX songs are connected, don't you think? Too sweet! Maybe if she does a Japanese song next year I'll be able to go to Tokyo agan! ROTFLMAO

Wow, what a coincidence! cyclops

Have a nice time in Buenos Aires! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 pm

What a coincidence,Batsuchan!
Perhaps you could check your travel plan this year, then we could have some clue about mao's ex program next season^^
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 am

What I'm really curious right now about and what, in my opinion, will greatly affect the chances of whoever for whatever Olympic medal is whether the order to skate in the Free Skate will be a result of a random draw (like at the last Worlds) or it'll happen due to the standings after the SP (a holder of the first place skates the last)?
I think this is a very, very important moment! Does anyone have any information on this matter?

And also let's not forget that the last three competitions before the Olympics Mao skates in Japan (NHK (presumably), GPF, Nationals). I don't know if it will influence Mao (and if yes - in which way), but this fact also should be taken into consideration I think.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 am

The final flight will consist of the top 6 skaters after the SP, but in random order, and I honestly don't see any problems in that. If anything, skaters who are in serious contention should do anything to make sure they just end up in the final flight, and they are pretty much set...it's the penultimate group skaters should avoid if they want to make a strong impression on the judges.

I've yet to see Mao on an "off-day" during a major competition (both the SP and FS having several errors) in Japan so I'm not worried. Razz
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:33 pm

clovera wrote:

I've yet to see Mao on an "off-day" during a major competition (both the SP and FS having several errors) in Japan so I'm not worried. Razz

Gahh, I just went and knocked on wood! Sweatdrop

@ summervie

The order in which the final group skates does seem to be important - it affects both the judges (who might hold off on giving really big scores until later) and the skaters (later skaters have a chance to see what the others have done).

That being said, I'm not worried about Mao, because she has skated in pretty much every possible order in the final group of the competitions - first skater, somewhere in the middle, last skater - and done well. Thumbs up!

I have no idea what she prefers though...being last - yes that means you know exactly what you have to do, but that also seems like it would translate into a whole lot of pressure, unless the others have really done badly.

Thoughts, anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's strategy going forward?   Mao's strategy going forward? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's strategy going forward?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5