Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009

Go down 
+4
Mirai
bibi
Okami
Nanae
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanae

Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:20 am

http://event.chunichi.co.jp/figure/

Skater:

MEN:
Takahiko Kozuka
Nobunari Oda
Kensuke Nakaniwa
Takahito Mura

LADIES:
Mao Asada
Miki Ando
Yukari Nakano
Akiko Suzuki

Local Junior skaters and Novice skaters will participate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:20 am

Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks for the info and photos, Nanae! flower

I read on a Japanese blog that Masquerade Waltz was played 3 times in a row during the Festival... Nobu skated his short program, then he did encore also to Masquerade Waltz, and then Mao did her LP step sequence for her encore! The audience probably thought that the music player got stuck or something. ROTFLMAO

Here is a news clip with Mao: Love Hearts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6iGs5vBo-o
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Oh! I didn't know it was today!! Well nice to see her have fun there!! It's always beautiful to see her skate!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Okami wrote:

Can anyone translate what Mao is saying at the interview near the end? flower
Back to top Go down
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Okami wrote:

I watched that yesterday! Very Happy Beautiful as always! Oh, and after they showed Mao they showed some jumps from Miki`s permformance and they looked good as normal!!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Mirai wrote:
Okami wrote:

Can anyone translate what Mao is saying at the interview near the end? flower

Ooh, so PRETTY! Love Hearts As always. Swoon

But it is kinda weird to see Mao skating her EX in bright light (not the dark). I also keep worrying that she's going to skate right off the ice (there are no boards)! Sweatdrop

At the end, Mao says:

On [January] 1st, I went to Atsuda Shrine, but it was really crowded, so I didn't get to pay homage there, but at a food both there I ate and walked around.

In the second half (of this season), I'm going to try to bring out my very best at Four Continents and Worlds without getting injured.
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:11 pm

While we wait for the real clips from the 2009 Nagoya Festival...

...this isn't from this year's Nagoya Festival, but I just found this clip the other day and it was so cute, so I thought I'd post the link here in case people haven't seen it:

2004 Nagoya Festival (Mao was 13):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6f6A0XyGY

Coach Machiko Yamada is also commentating, and she keeps saying how cute Mao is - you can really tell that Coach Yamada adores Mao. Wub

Amazing that Mao attempts two combos and a triple axel, even if she doesn't quite land them. WOW! I've seen the clip of Mao landing the 3-3-3 at the 2002 Japan Nationals, but I think this is only time I've seen her land it after that.

At the end, Mai says something like "unlike the competitions, at the exhibition I wasn't nervous at all and it was lots and lots of fun."

Q: And you landed 4 jumps successfully.
Mai: Yes, my condition was better than in the competitions! [laughs]
Q: What is your goal for this year's Junior Worlds?
Mai: To bring out everything that I've learned this year is my #1 goal.

Q: How did you skate today?
Mao: I enjoyed my skating.
Q: Where you nervous?
Mao: No I wasn't.
Q: Today you landed a 3-3-3.
Mao: Yes.
Q: At that moment, what did you feel?
Mao: I was happy.
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 am

Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

At the end, Mao says:

On [January] 1st, I went to Atsuda Shrine, but it was really crowded, so I didn't get to pay homage there, but at a food both there I ate and walked around.

In the second half (of this season), I'm going to try to bring out my very best at Four Continents and Worlds without getting injured.

Mao sure loves her food Laugh I also hope she stays injury-free! Good luck!

I watched that 2004 Nagoya Festival program before too! She was just so adorable and amazing, love her 3-3-3! Even at 13, she was so graceful skating to Habanera Love Hearts

Thanks for the translation Batsuchan! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:13 am

Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Mao's performance + interview Many Hearts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwhNyxUAN0
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Thank you inskate!! Thank you!

I feel like that 3Lo that she does is one of the best that I've seen from her in awhile. It just looked soo effortless and pretty. Swoon

I have to admit I always feel nervous when people skate on those rinks with no boards! I'm always worried they'll go sliding off the ice! affraid
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:29 am

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Ok, I thought I'd translate the parts of the commentary with Coach Yamada because she was so full of love for Mao. Many Hearts You can just tell that she adores Mao.

[For the HQ version; thanks to Nanae for the link!]
1:57
Announcer: "It's only natural that Mao wins." - Under that kind of atmosphere, overcoming barriers to win the Japan Nationals, and then beating Yu-Na Kim at the Grand Prix Final. Coach Yamada, how do you view this season's Mao-chan?

Yamada: For skaters, being chased is really hard/painful. To keep going under that pressure, with everyone saying "Mao-chan's going to win; isn't she great" - I think she's really amazing. And she's done it wonderfully. You could say that I'm just raving about her, and yes, I watched over her when she was little - but she's grown up wonderfully - that's what I truly feel.

3:22
Announcer: Yes, it's really a enchanting/engaging program the whole way through!
Yamada: Yes - from when she was small, Mao had great style; her style was good, she was cute, she was charming, her dancing was so charming/attractive, and her jumps were increasingly beautiful...of course, Yu-Na Kim is also good, but Mao is so full of Mao charm. As she faces Worlds and the Olympics, I want her to try her best to give a "Mao-like" skate.

6:12
Yamada: I want her to have a really great year - from Worlds to the Olympics!

This just makes me smile! Swoon

I have to admit, that prior to this season, I wasn't so sure what Coach Yamada thought of Mao - I didn't know why Mao left her for Rafael Artunian in the first place, and in the clips from pre-2005, she was sort of stringent in her praise for Mao, and then there was that Korean documentary where she said she thought Yu-Na Kim would beat Mao.

But this season my impression totally changed! First, I think Coach Yamada can finally say how much she adores Mao, whereas before she was careful not to praise Mao too much (because she didn't want Mao to get a big head/overly confident). Second, I read the "Mao Asada, Sweet Sixteen" book and discovered that it was her idea to send Mao abroad, and it was hard for her to send her beloved student away, but she wanted to do the best thing for Mao. And in all the clips I've seen recently, she's so full of praise for Mao, and clearly she wants her to beat Yu-Na.

So I'm touched, I'm really touched to hear her talk this way. She must be so proud of Mao. I think if Mao does win the Olympics, Coach Yamada'll be one of the happiest people alive! Happy dance

Go Mao! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 am

Quote :
I have to admit, that prior to this season, I wasn't so sure what Coach Yamada thought of Mao - I didn't know why Mao left her for Rafael Artunian in the first place (...) Second, I read the "Mao Asada, Sweet Sixteen" book and discovered that it was her idea to send Mao abroad, and it was hard for her to send her beloved student away, but she wanted to do the best thing for Mao.

Yep! I remember there was another reason as well. It was getting quite difficult for Machiko to follow Mao all around the World as Mao kept winning and getting more and more events. Machiko had a lot of young students in Nagoya, and she could not afford to leave them behind for such long periods of time. So she talked with Mao and they decided that it would be better if Mao can find a coach who can dedicate more time to her. And Machiko stayed in Nagoya, working with Kanako Murakami, Sayaka Matsubara, Shouma Uno and many others. Smile

I think it was a very wise decision. I feel funny reading topics at FSU and seeing people scream for Michelle and Sasha to return, or Mishin refuce to coach some skater because he keeps waiting for Plushenko. Hello, those skaters have moved on, and you have a lot of young talent that you should nurture! There will be no future for the sport if young athletes are not properly encouraged and supported. Yep!

As for the commentary - actually even before Nagoya I had heard Machiko praise Mao a lot. Yes, she can be very strict to all of her skaters - and if a skater has a weakness, she will point it out (i.e. Kanako not being strong mentally and struggling with upper tier jumps) in a kind manner. I think it's a good thing, too - the "my skater is perfect" attitude that some coaches seem to have doesn't really help the skaters to improve.

I loved Mao's program at Nobeyama! queen 4CC is getting close, though - I hope Mao isn't tired after all those shows and is in great form. flower

Last edited by Okami on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:29 pm

thanks for translation. Thumbs up!

i thought too that yamada was angry or something with mao because she and midori said yuna is wonderful, etc. but i think i was wrong, and is true yuna is wonderful too.

Worship no like mao
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:33 pm

Okami wrote:

I loved Mao's program at Nobeyama! queen 4CC is getting close, though - I hope Mao isn't tired after all those shows and is in great form. flower

Nobeyama? I haven't seen that program yet, I think? Or is that the same thing as the Nagoya Skate Festival? confused

I agree with you Okami - it's good that Coach Yamada is spreading her knowledge to lots of young skaters. Thumbs up!

In "Mao Asada, Sweet Sixteen," there were two more reasons why Coach Yamada told Mao to go abroad. 1) Mao had gotten so popular that people would come to watch her practice and the rink would be so full that she couldn't practice at all, except in the middle of the night or very early in the morning. (Once they built the Aurora rink at Chuukyou-dai, this problem was solved.) 2) Apparently Coach Yamada got sick at some point during the 2005-06 season, and even though she got better, she couldn't coach the way she used to, and that was another reason she sent Mao away.

But I guess she must have gotten better after that, or she learned how to coach without being so involved...I hope that her health allows her to keep coaching for a long time! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Okami wrote:

Nobeyama? I haven't seen that program yet, I think? Or is that the same thing as the Nagoya Skate Festival? confused

I meant the Nagoya Festival, of course! Sweatdrop I just started thinking about Machiko coaching Kanako, and the first time I've seen them together was in a documentary about a summer training camp in Nobeyama... And there is a show in Nobeyama, too... And my brain apparently confused those two events. Laugh I corrected the mistake, thanks for pointing out!

I finally watched the whole Nagoya Festival and I was surprised how many Machoko's students were there. Too bad some performances weren't broadcasted in their entirety... Sad

I'll try to upload some. Smile
Nobunari Oda Nagoya Festival 2009 + Interview: Encore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrTAx_QzQSo
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:24 am

Takahiko Kozuka 2009 Nagoya Festival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbbGscQriHU
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:31 am

Thanks for the videos!

Haha, it looked like Nobu was about to run out of the rink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2009
Page 1 of 1