Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.

Go down 
+31
mitsuno
Eley87
angelberry
MaoNinja
kiki
Mirai
maowataiyo
sockpuff
itcaip
MaoMaoRevolution
e2girl
Okami
ddmm
bleedingblades3
bibi
Maya
Admin
Erika
reiko.
chiyori
SoMiTripleAxel
coconut
snowdrops24
summervie
clovera
polosatik
chineseteacup
chapis
Batsuchan
Oscilla
☆Genie
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:28 am

clovera wrote:

The dreamlike quality of Mao's SP is really apparent this competition - the part from the spirals onward is quite lovely and I've been having it on repeat several times already. Wub

I could not agree with this more!! Yep! Seeing Mao live has given me renewed awe at her gorgeous spirals and spins. After seeing so many ladies with the same spirals and ok spin positions, seeing Mao do her spirals and spins, especially in the SP - all I can say is excruciatingly exquisite!! Swoon Swoon

I'm glad that Kristi appreciated Mao's style. Many Hearts

For whoever said Mao needs more 'Wow factor' in her SP - I agree, and I'm sure Mao/TAT/Lori Nichol know this. I posted this in some other thread, but the Mao Asada Miracle Seventeen book describes the 'Claire de Lune' SP as a challenge, and one that they could only try this year. So Mao did it, and it was gorgeous, but it didn't have as much impact as Yu-Na's SP - that's fine - next year Mao will do something different. I definitely have tons of respect for Mao for trying something so soft. And of course, *I* love it! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:20 am

It's midnight here in HK. Am working late again...Unconscious

For time-out, I watched the ladies SP again. I find that this performance has better fluidity than before. Mao's spins have really come a long way. Confetti The last two spins, centered and speedy. the positions are divine. the variations with her arms are sublime. compared to some of her spins in her worlds 2007 FS, she has made such an improvement.

Mao skates with grace under pressure. I take heart in her courage and perseverance. She's barely holding back tears when she skates back to the boards.

P.S. I like her eye-shadow make-up better this time~~hohoho Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Im going to make a Yu-Na KiM vodoo doll. LOL. going to poke pins during her long program and also rip her apart during her jumps. im so mean....
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Quote :
It's hard to go wrong with music like Danse
Macabre, Sheherezade and the Masquerade Waltz, because so much of the
expression is already inherent in the music itself. They stir the blood
and sometimes make the performance seem better than it actually is.
Which is not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, look at Sasha Cohen's
2006 Dark Eyes SP. She timed her moves to the music which drew a
positive audience response.
I think she should skate to a Tango just like her exhibition program !!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:10 pm

To those online, excited about the coming FS and would like some entertainment to pass the time:

Michelle Kwan and Dick Button's interview (NBC) during SP last group warm-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF6fdI_L7zU

ETA: Mao's interview after SP (hmmm...the Japanese interviewer looks very familiar but I really suck at remembering namess...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAkQmkfqyRo
Back to top Go down
kiki

kiki

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Quote :
Pooping Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:43 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im going to make a Yu-Na KiM vodoo doll. LOL. going to poke pins during her long program and also rip her apart during her jumps. im so mean....
I don't like to read this kind of post on this board.
How do you think Mao would feel if she knows a fan of hers
wrote stuff like this.
You may be joking but I find it quite distasteful and disgusting.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:20 pm

kiki wrote:
You may be joking but I find it quite distasteful and disgusting.
True, let's just enjoy what Mao (and the other skaters bring to the table). That said, even the snarkiest comments from this forum are relatively tame compared to the stuff said in other places so I don't mind, actually. Sweatdrop

Thanks a lot for the vids, snowdrops! The caster in the Japanese interview clip is Taichi Kokubun - you'll see him in any figure skating broadcast that is aired by Fuji TV (while Mr. Higuchi/announcer Kariya can only be seen when skating is broadcasted by NHK).

Thank goodness I can finally hear Dick Button speak after a one year absence. Laughing Michelle is looking fantastic. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:29 pm

MAO CHANGED HER LP COSTUME!!!!! WOW!

She's wearing a burgundy (wine red) costume with long sleeves, a V-neck back, and sort of box-cut (rectangular) in the front, with flowers over the chest. She also has a ruffle thing around her neck. The body of the dress is super sparkly - with flower prints, I think. I'm sorry I don't have a picture to share - but I just wanted to let you guys know!

Mao looked a bit tired (she skated around with her hands on her hips more than I've seen before), but she was very on in practice today! Thumbs up! She had 1 pop on the 3A in the beginning, but after that they were solid. And she practiced the 3A-2T's too. BEAUTIFUL! Love Hearts I was sitting in the front row on the side opposite the judges, so when Mao did her second 3A attempt to that side, it was just WOW WOW WOW!!! affraid

I unfortunately was not really watching anyone else - but Yu-Na fell twice for some reason (I didn't see her fall, but I saw her on the ice after the crowd went 'ohh!').

Miki had her thigh taped up. I hope it's not bothering her too much. Cheering

My mom said that it seemed like Yu-Na was kind of watching what Mao was doing, but Mao was clearly focusing only on herself. That sounds about right to me.

Yu-Na and Mao had one near collision - Yu-Na was doing her run-through and Mao was slowly skating away from TAT/SF, and Yu-Na almost ran into her. But it clearly looked un-intentional from both of them. It did elicit a little gasp from the crowd.

So Mao, just go out there and rock those 3A's like you were doing in practice, fly those other jumps (they all looked good) and kill the step sequence! You totally can do it!! GANBARE!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering

ETA Red is Mao's lucky color, so the costume change makes sense, though I am sorta surprised she's changing it so late in the season. In honor of Mao and her lucky color, me and my mom are wearing matching red shirts that say 氷の妖精 [Koori no yousei = fairy on ice] on them - they are official 2009 Worlds shirts but they have Japanese on them - how cool is that?! flower

Last edited by Batsuchan on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Does someone have heard from Mirai Nagasu commentating the ladies event??!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

She's wearing a burgundy (wine red) costume with long sleeves, a V-neck back, and sort of box-cut (rectangular) in the front, with flowers over the chest. She also has a ruffle thing around her neck. The body of the dress is super sparkly - with flower prints, I think. I'm sorry I don't have a picture to share - but I just wanted to let you guys know!

Mao looked a bit tired (she skated around with her hands on her hips more than I've seen before), but she was very on in practice today! Thumbs up! She had 1 pop on the 3A in the beginning, but after that they were solid. And she practiced the 3A-2T's too. BEAUTIFUL! Love Hearts I was sitting in the front row on the side opposite the judges, so when Mao did her second 3A attempt to that side, it was just WOW WOW WOW!!! affraid

I unfortunately was not really watching anyone else - but Yu-Na fell twice for some reason (I didn't see her fall, but I saw her on the ice after the crowd went 'ohh!').

Miki had her thigh taped up. I hope it's not bothering her too much. Cheering

My mom said that it seemed like Yu-Na was kind of watching what Mao was doing, but Mao was clearly focusing only on herself. That sounds about right to me.

Yu-Na and Mao had one near collision - Yu-Na was doing her run-through and Mao was slowly skating away from TAT/SF, and Yu-Na almost ran into her. But it clearly looked un-intentional from both of them. It did elicit a little gasp from the crowd.

So Mao, just go out there and rock those 3A's like you were doing in practice, fly those other jumps (they all looked good) and kill the step sequence! You totally can do it!! GANBARE!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering

Your post make me so excited! Can'T wait for tonight!! Can't wait to see her costum!! Thanks a lot:D Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

affraid affraid affraid
OMG!!! I need to see it! Now! I loooove Mao wearing red! You are so right Batsuchan - it's her lucky color!
I dearly was hoping she would change her dress(although I think the black one was great - totally fitting the story of her music). But red is just utterly perfect - The Masquerade asks for a vivid dress!
So good to hear she's doing well. ITA - Go Mao! Don't let any pressure reach you and just skate! <3<3 Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:31 pm

Can't wait to see the new dress! Thumbs up!

Good luck, Mao! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Probably the best stream for those watching live: http://www.justin.tv/nida_nida

It's the JSports feed, so Mr. Higuchi is commentating, along with Fumie's sister, Chika. I love you
Back to top Go down
MaoNinja
Double Axel
Double Axel
MaoNinja

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 pm

SP Medal
http://devnewsimg.mydaily.co.kr/2009/03/29/200903290734362278_1.jpg
Mao is beautiful even when she is in anger at herself. Many Hearts Cheering
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Rachael in first, Alena 2nd, Fumie 3rd. Final group on the ice now! I'm so nervous Coffee
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Last group on the ice!
Mao is GORGEOUS! That dress is a beauty!! Gorgeous loop landed!
I wish her all the very best Very Happy *thumbsup*

Miki! Go for the quad!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 pm

OMG GO MAO GO MAO.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:09 pm

3A-2T landed, second 3A fell, 3fl-2l instead of 3-3. Lips sealed I'm holding my breath for the scores.
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:13 pm

about 122. That's fine - good marks in the components!
Of course that's beatable - but should earn her a medal..

First 3axel was gorgeous! But I clearly could hear someone scream, right before she went into her second. That's so rude and I dearly hope it didn't affect her...
Back to top Go down
sockpuff

sockpuff

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:20 pm

i LOVE her outfit. when i first saw it i was like, ohhh purple! cause i love purple.

i'm so hyper this evening. i hope she wins so badly!!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Miki skated clean and Mao is most likely off the podium (Yu-Na skating now) Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:28 pm

noo mao is in 3rd ><
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:32 pm

Ugh. I feel so crushed right now. Mao won't even medal - Joannie took the lead, Miki had a wonderful skate and deserves her second place(but not 63 in the components IMHO).

Yu-Na had the skate of her life. Just the sal was singled, otherwise a great performance!
This is her worlds!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Mao off the podium. Bawling
YuNa getting 68 for the PCS is enough to make my day go sour, unfortunately. Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Yu-Na is in first!(Of course Very Happy )
But are they sure they didn't switch the program components with the technical ones?
68 is insane!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA. - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next