Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dreams on Ice 2009

Go down 
+16
snowdrops24
☆Genie
summervie
clovera
Okami
ddmm
Batsuchan
inskate
zooma
polosatik
roma
coconut
MaoMaoRevolution
bibi
juliet
angelberry
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
angelberry

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:22 am

Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:06 am

Thank you for the link, ANGELBERRY.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks!!
Ohh! I'm glad they invited Narumi Takahashi and Mervin Tran! Does someone know if this couple is going to do Senior grands prix next season? They Train in Montreal!! I wish I could go watch them skate some day!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:57 am

Hey Guys, the time has come for some skating shows. Can't wait for DOI!!! Can't wait to see our MAO and special mention to STEPHANE LAMBIEL. Hurray, just a couple of weeks to wait.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:20 am

Ohhhh~~~~~~~
This is coming up really soon.
I never knew DOI was a three-day event, either! I guess it has to be though, they have quite an extesive lineup.
It's going to be a fun summer with all these shows!!!! (Now if I could only afford to go to one >w<)
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 am

Mao is not going to perticipate Dream on Ice this year.... Depressed Crying
Takahiko cancelled too.
It says Mao and Takahiko need time to work on their new choreography. I guess both of them are not in Japan right now.
It is sad that we can not watch Mao but I think it's better for her to train in Russia with TAT.

http://www.onice.jp/DOI09/ladies.html
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:42 am

yeah. i just saw that update. i was hoping to see her skate with the DOI so near. Sad but if it's all for the gold, then it's ok.

will she skate again before the GP series?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 am

TAT always was against such shows , that was the main reason why she broke up with Sasha. All for gold medal, and I'm sure new programs will be to die for! cheers
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:53 am

roma wrote:
will she skate again before the GP series?

I think she will perticipate THE ICE for sure.
We can see her in summer, that's not too bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 am

Ohhh...we have to wait for such a long time before we'll get to see her new exhibition...I was looking forward to Dreams on ice...mmmm I guess it was the right thing to do for her.
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
zooma

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am

Mao doesn't show at DOI.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/090609/spm0906091925000-n1.htm

It says because of "training schedules in Russia". Also Kozuka is absent. The real reason could be different. Both of them belong to IMG and they want to raise the value of THE ICE as the first appearances of new season.
Back to top Go down
zooma

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:44 pm

The official site is updated.
http://www.onice.jp

Yukiko Fujisawa is newly added.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:42 pm

It's too bad that we won't see Mao at DOI, but actually I'm happy that she'll have more time to practice and work on her programs. Love Hearts

I don't mind waiting if it means we will see more polished programs at The Ice. Yep!

Plus, I think more time to work on her 3Lz, 3S and other high risk jumps will really work in Mao's favour. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Hmm, this is interesting. I am a little disappointed, yes, but I definitely think Mao should spend as much time as she can on her programs!

The official statement released by Mao says that she was unable to change her schedule (to be able to perform in the show) because of a delay in choreographing her programs.

I found that a bit odd. Suspect Is that because she is going to the first two GP events, so she doesn't have as much time as she thought? Or did something happen and she was supposed to stay in Russia longer in May?

Well, I have this feeling I'm worrying too much about this, so I'm going to stop. I think it's a good decision. Thumbs up!

[And yes, of course *I* was slightly amused that both Mao and Taka-chan canceled. And only them. It made me think of them being like, "well if you're not going to go, then I'm not going either!' Who, me? ]
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:27 am

I am actually glad Mao cancelled DOI. Travelling back and forth between Russia and Japan, doing rehearsal for the EX, doing the show...everything takes so much time and energy. I'd prefer Mao to be able to concentrate on her new program.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:41 pm

I agree with ddm. I think Mao's decision was very smart. Yep!

Last season Mao seemed to be negatively affected by shorter amount of practice (a lot of summer shows, shortening her daily amount of on-ice practice, relatively short time spent with Tatiana because of Tatiana's and her relatives' health problems). Her lack of confidence was especially visible before TEB (shortened practices, lots of shoes) and after Nationals (cancelled training session with TAT, Worlds looming closer and closer). On the other hand, she was at her best at NHK/GPF, after "emergency training camp" with TAT.

I think that Mao needs practice not only to improve physically, but also to feel strong mentally.

Of course, physical aspects are very important as well. Regaining confidence in 3Lz and 3S would be a great thing for Mao. Getting 3F-3T or 2A-3T would help to boost her scores as well. And, of course, 3A is always tricky and needs to be constantly polished. Thumbs up!

What's more, I think that Mao and TAT will put greater care than ever to carefully chose appropriate music and choreography. I think that by now Tatiana knows where Mao's greatest strenghts lie and will try to find choreography that will play on those strenghts without being too overwhelming.

And, finally, I think staying in Russia and escaping (temporarily, but still) from the media will enable Mao to concentrate of practices more, without being bothered by cameras, interviews and pre-Olympic fever.

I can't wait to see Mao's skating again... but if waiting longer means that Mao will be better prepared for the Olympic season, I WILL wait. Too sweet! Good luck!

As for Kozu, I wonder if his withdrawal has something to do with Yuka taking on Jeremy as a new pupil. Maybe he had to follow Yuka to US and choreography is taking a bit longer than usual? For a second I even wondered if he hadn't changed choreographers (people at FSU were suggesting that, implying that the judges don't seem to be that much into Yuka's choreo), but I haven't heard any rumours, so that's probably just my overreacting imagination. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:37 pm

I think Mao's much smarter now knowing that there are priorities to be taken. Last year and the year before, she had hectic schedules doing shows and competing at the same time wherein she must be really exhausted but of course everybody knows that she wouldn't say so. I admire her strength and determination and of course her awesome resiliency.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:41 pm

The "Kozu no longer having Yuka as a choreographer" talk has been suggested among Japanese fans as well, but there's very little reliable information out there that I'll lay off the speculation. Razz

It certainly seems like Mao is flying under the radar this off-season compared to the past (probably a direct result of her Worlds finish + stay in Russia + JSF intervention courtesy of Lady Shirota?), which I'm always happy for, as I personally am not fond of - and never will - the crazed adoration a handful of other skaters are currently enjoying. Who, me? With Aiko Uemura under the spotlight as the "it girl" for Vancouver and the Major Leagues/media darlings (as usual, Ryo Ishikawa) taking up the majority of sports news these days, I certainly hope Mao will not be at the receiving end of ridiculous pressure like at Worlds 07...but TV Asahi and the fact that the GPF is held in Japan is certainly not going to let that happen. Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 pm

clovera wrote:
With Aiko Uemura under the spotlight as the "it girl" for Vancouver and the Major Leagues/media darlings (as usual, Ryo Ishikawa) taking up the majority of sports news these days, I certainly hope Mao will not be at the receiving end of ridiculous pressure like at Worlds 07...but TV Asahi and the fact that the GPF is held in Japan is certainly not going to let that happen.

Mao is at least as popular as Aiko Uemura, no? Question They're both symbol athletes, yes, but I feel like the spotlight is on Mao more..but I'm not in Japan, and I only follow figure skating, so I really have no idea. Sweatdrop I will be rooting for Aiko though - she and I have the same birthday, so that's kinda cool! Thumbs up!

Yeah, unfortunately I think Mao will probably be under a lot of pressure...sighh...pale
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately I think Mao will probably be under a lot of pressure...sighh...pale
I think Mao will be under A LOT of pressure even if tomorrow all Japanese media outlets in some miraculous way will forget about her existence at all.

Last edited by summervie on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zooma

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Mao is at least as popular as Aiko Uemura, no? Question They're both symbol athletes, yes, but I feel like the spotlight is on Mao more..but I'm not in Japan, and I only follow figure skating, so I really have no idea. Sweatdrop I will be rooting for Aiko though - she and I have the same birthday, so that's kinda cool! Thumbs up!

Mogul is once in four years kind of a sport. Its media exposure is totally incomparable to FS. Uemura is popular in Japan because of her looks.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:48 am

Hmm...I dunno, I think Aiko's claim to fame is quite valid (and she recently married, which adds to the media attention). FS is of course the more popular winter sport to the Japanese audience, and in no way was I undermining Mao's star power - she is undoubtedly one of, if not the most beloved female athlete in the nation right now, with strong arguments towards "most."

I just found it nice - for once - that she isn't smacked onto the top page of the sports section and the local news for days on end, that's all. Razz
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:25 am

News article:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090619-00000019-maiall-spo.view-000

Look at the Miki photo! WOW!

More photos:
http://www.iza.ne.jp/news/newsarticle/sports/other/268304/slideshow/193748/
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/graph/2009/0619/?inb=yt <-- Swoon

Nobu's costume is gorgeous. Faint2 A new Gala outfit, or did he borrow it from some other skater..? Many Hearts

Of course, no mention of what the skaters skated too... Unconscious
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:37 am

Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:50 am

Wow! Cheering Thank you for the photos, Okami and coconut! Wub

Did they skate to new programs? Aah, I can't wait to see the news clips! Happy dance

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams on Ice 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams on Ice 2009   Dreams on Ice 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams on Ice 2009
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next